Secrets of a Southern Belle

Від _haileyyk

Everyone has secrets that they keep. The town of Darling is full of them, and the townspeople will do anythin... Більше

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 34

1.5K 71 12
Від _haileyyk

It's been a over a month since that mind-blowing kiss that plays on repeat in my head—the one that made the world stop around me. It's also been over a month since I've really spent time with Rhett, not that he's distancing himself from me, but because he's been working with his dad to teach Wesley, so he's been busy.

Unfortunately for Wesley, suppressing his werewolf side for so long had had a big effect on his temper, so Rhett and Sawyer have constantly been at his side, helping him control it.

Poor Wesley had to quit the football team because the direct contact with other players almost made him shift a few times. Luckily, football season is over, but he won't be accepting any of the football scholarships that were offered like my brother. This didn't bother him as much like Sawyer, but I could tell it still had an affect on him. Jason did warn him about how much everything would change.

He still hasn't gone home to his mom or forgave her. I think it's because of all the anger he is experiencing. He is getting closer with Jason though, and even Rhett is trying with him in his own way.

"If you don't control that temper, I'll have no problem knockin' you over the head and takin' you home, Wes," Rhett threatened as his eyes narrowed at him.

Wesley's eyes flashed bright blue as he glared at his new-found brother. "It's not my fault that sophomore ran into me and knocked my food onto the floor!"

Rhett's eyes cut to mine, and he let out a frustrated sigh, which meant it was my turn to help. "Wes, come on. He tripped and fell into you. It wasn't his fault. I know that you were hungry and are mad, but it's not worth exposin' yourself over. Just think about a moment that you were truly happy. Here." I handed him a granola bar from my bag. "Eat this. It will make you feel better."

He snatched it from my hand and opened it, letting out a slight moan at the taste as if it was the best thing he's ever eaten. Rhett and I suppressed a laugh.

"What?" He asked in annoyed tone and took another bite. "I'm hungry okay? This whole..." he lowered his voice. "Werewolf thing has done a number on my appetite."

"That's normal," Rhett stated. "You need to eat more meats and carbs. It should help fill you up."  While Wesley huffed and continued to eat his food, Rhett turned to me. "Are you still comin' over tonight?  We are puttin' up the Christmas tree and having a turkey dinner."

I smiled. "Of course. I wouldn't miss it. I haven't seen you lately."

I could have sworn Rhett blushed. From the corner of my eye, I could see a scowl on Wesley's face.

"Great.  I'll pick you up around six. Wear an ugly sweater," he winked. "Not that anythin' could look ugly on you, darlin'."  Heat rose to my cheeks as he dragged an annoyed Wesley to his pick-up.

I waved at them before making my way home to get ready. The snow crunched under my feet as I made my way up my porch steps and into my house. A sweet aroma filled my nostrils as soon as I opened the door. Gigi and my mom were in the kitchen baking some cookies.

"There you are!"  Gigi exclaimed and held out a platter of cookies. "Wanna do the honors and frost the first cookie?"

Guilt swam around in my stomach at her question. Tonight I was going to Rhett's for Christmas Eve dinner, even though I always celebrate it with my family here by baking and singing Christmas carols. I guess a lot more has changed this year than I thought. "Actually..." I said in a low voice. "I'm goin' to the Dixon's for dinner tonight and have to get ready."

My mom's face dropped, which made me feel bad. "You're not celebratin' Christmas Eve with us?"

I looked between her and Gigi, who looked more understanding of me breaking tradition. I was silently hoping that Gigi would help me out on this.

What my mom said next surprised me. "Is it because of Rhett? Are you two seein' each other?" I thought that she would blow up like she normally does.

"Kind of... I guess." I shrugged my shoulders.

"What do you mean kind of? You either are or you're not, Rae," my mom stated in a confused, snappy tone.

And she is back.

I could tell that me not staying here has changed her mood.

"I mean...I don't know. We haven't really talked about it. We.." I tried to give her an answer.

Gigi finally stepped in on my expense. "Cat, leave the poor girl alone. You act like you never tried to skip out on me and your father for Jack. It's not a big deal if she goes over there. Tomorrow she will be here with us, which is more important anyways. Let the girl live." Gigi's eyes were challenging my mom. In response, my mom glared at my grandma, then rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Go," my mom stated quickly before going back to the counter where they were making cookie dough.

"Mom.." I started to say, but she cut me off.

"Rae, just go have fun." Her face was now more sullen. "I guess I just have to get used to you two not bein' here all the time."  She gave me a small smile, but it didn't reach her eyes, so I know she is hurt.

"Mom," I said in a softer voice and stepped towards her, but she walked down the hallway and into her room. I felt bad before, but now I feel awful. I'm not sure that I even want to go over to the Dixon's now.

"Ignore your mom. I know it's hard, but she's just not used to you guys growing' up. She'll get over it. This was goin' to happen when you go off to college anyways."

"It doesn't make it any less difficult," I sighed. I wish I could tel her about my dad. That's the real reason I want to go over there besides seeing Rhett.

Gigi offered me an understanding smile and squeezed my shoulder. "I know, sugar. Just try to have fun tonight."

"I'll try," I said, guilt still on my mind and headed into my room, where I changed into the ugliest Christmas sweater I've seen, courtesy of Gigi.

After curling my hair and fixing my make up, I deem myself decent and make my way to the front door. When I reach the kitchen, I noticed that my grandma was baking al by herself. My mom still was in her room.

Gigi looked up from her dough kneading and gave me a stern look. "Rae, your mom is fine. Go."

She could read my mind. "What?"

"Oh, I can read you like an open book. You wear your emotions on your face. Now, stop feelin' bad and go to your little party."

Heat swarm to my face, showing my embarrassment. She was right. I am not good at hiding my emotions. I couldn't even find anything to reply with besides an "I love you."

To my surprise, Wesley was the one waiting for me outside in his truck, not Rhett. I shut the rusty door to his pick-up and noticed that he seemed a lot calmer than earlier.

"Expectin' someone else?" He lifted an eyebrow. I couldn't tell if he was offended.

"Uh, I just... Rhett said he was gonna get me. That's all. It's always nice to see you though,Wes," I replied with a smile. "You look a lot better from earlier."

He started the engine and started to drive. "Yeah, turns out I needed some decent food to help me gain complete control." He chuckles at himself.

"Well, you take hangry to a whole new level. I thought I was bad." A grin grew on his face until he broke out in a fit of laughter.

Food definitely did a 360 on him.

He chided, "Well, Miss Rae. I think you've forgotten about the field trip to Atlanta last year. Everyone on the bus was lookin' to Molly for protection from you, and that says somethin'."

Of course he would bring that up. I don't think anyone will ever let me live that down.

"Oh, okay. It's my fault that the staff forgot everyones' lunches at the school?" I remarked, rolling my eyes.

With an exasperated look, Wesley snorted, "Rae, it was an hour and a half bus ride from school. They fed us anyways after they realized that they forgot our food. I know well that your grandma doesn't let you leave without breakfast in the mornin'. You weren't starvin'."

I sat quietly for a moment, not daring to defend my meanness when I'm hungry. He got me there. I ate a full breakfast before getting on that bus.

"Well, I'm hungry now, and I don't think that your werewolf side can hold his own against my hunger side," I retorted, crossing my arms like a child.

It is nice to have these chats with Wesley. We can play around like this. It's been hard to have a decent conversation because of Blake.

His eyes widened at my words and he hit the gas.

"My, my, my. Wesley Bedford, are you afraid of me?" I teased and his eyebrows raised.

He shook his head. "Hey, I'm just not gonna take any chances with you."

I threw my head back an laughed as the speedometer continued to increase. Tonight is going to be fun.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Short Paranormal Stories Від Tara Shaw

Паранормальні явища

4K 65 15
A few short paranormal stories for paranormal lovers! I literally wrote this when I was like 13, so don't judge too harshly.
1.3K 25 18
Emery learns that Werewolves do exist in Wolverine Lake, Michigan when she finds a diary that was left behind in her new home. If you enjoy paranorma...
Help! I Have a Supernatural Harem of Men Від MEGCJONES

Паранормальні явища

446K 12.7K 89
"Naughty Rose, trying to get started without us, tell us what you want baby," I cooed at her. "I want all of you right now. I want to be rid of my vi...
217 34 30
They say the moon keeps people's secrets, but for Tessa it reveals them all. Tessa was never supposed to be the pack's next alpha, but fate had othe...