The Survivors | Taekook [✔]

By Consplody

"No one has ever gotten out. What makes you think this will be different?" "Just trust me, will you?" Complet... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
21.5
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
36.5
37
38

26

685 43 27
By Consplody

[a/n: crap I almost forgot to post a chapter this weekend]

Jungkook followed the others into a large, modern-looking building. The female leader of the patrol who'd found them made a signal with her hands as soon as the stepped through the door, her troop dispersing immediately as each headed off in their own directions.

The woman led them to the middle of the wide space where an unearthly-tall woman stood, giving out orders.

"Who's this?" she asked the woman, motioning a shiny hand at the newcomers.

"New recruits, six of them."

"There was seven," Jimin murmured quietly, "seven of us."

The tall woman raised an eyebrow, counting them with her eyes.

"We found them over the border, just inside the danger zone," The woman who had led them in explained.

The tall woman's eyes softened as she made the connection.

"Too many lives have been lost that way," she murmured quietly, almost to herself.

That's when her eye caught Jungkook. The boy had a blank expression, guarded eyes unwilling to reveal anything. This sparked her interest as she could usually read people easily.

She assigned different high ranking military people [a/n: I'm sorry, I don't know much about the military. Please don't take offense at any of this if you do know the correct terms. Just tell yourself "this author is an idiot but what can you do?"] to each of the members to give them tours and explain things to them. She chose Jungkook for herself.

"What's your name?" She asked, bending over slightly to have a better view if his face because, after all, she was freakishly tall.

Jungkook looked up at her, finally bothering to take in her appearance. To his surprise, a metal plate was in place against her left face-cheek (just thought I should specify lol) and completing her collarbone on her right side. Her right forearm was metal with pointed claw-like fingers. Her left leg had patches of skin while being mostly made up of metal plates. He took a moment to look at her.

"Jungkook," he stated finally.

"Well, Jungkook, I heard that you were very close to your seventh member."

"His name was Taehyung," Jungkook growled.

She smiled at his confidence, but took note that this was a touchy subject and decided not to push it.

"How about I show you around?"

***

After his long tour of the place, Jungkook was lead to the room in which he'd stay. It was right next to the tall female's room, the other members' rooms were not far off. The tall women sat down in a chair in his small room. Her black hair fell lightly around her shoulders, the skin that was visible on her face a flawless bronze. Her eyes were jet black and seemed to follow Jungkook's every move. It made him feel as if she were reading him, decoding his carefully blank body language and dark, guarded eyes.

"I want to ask you a few questions to decide your rank. Don't worry, they won't be difficult."

He nodded. She seemed satisfied with his response, continuing briskly.

"So, Jungkook, I've heard much about you. And Taehyung, that is," he added, "So, you two escaped the apocalypse, eh?"

Jungkook flinched as if she'd just slapped him across the face. It took her a moment to realize what she'd done, and immediately regretted her words after. After all, they hadn't truly escaped, had they?

"I- I mean... I'm sorry."

Jungkook looked up and met her gaze with nothing but wary calmness in his dull eyes. He said nothing, just silently regarding her. After a moment, she continued.

"I can see that you aren't much of a talker," She observed, "But these next few questions are simple."

She paused, gathering her thoughts.

"Why did you want to join the military in the first place?"

"I wanted to protect the people of this town; make sure they didn't suffer what I did."

"Is that still what drives you?"

"No," Jungkook replied after a moment's hesitation, "Not only that. Now, I'm determined more than ever to be the one who ends this war. I'm driven by pain... and revenge.."

She nodded slowly.

"Revenge is a powerful drive. But vengefulness comes from anger, and anger creates chaos."

Jungkook blinked, ice-cold eyes still focused on hers.

"I have far too much at stake to cause more chaos than there already is."

She considered this for a moment, sitting back against the chair, folding her hand into her metal fingers. She was silent for a long time, had angled towards the wall.

"I can sense your intellect and self-control. I think you'll make a fine soldier. You seem to be best at working alone, am I correct?"

"I've been alone for most of my life," He replied.

She nodded again.

"Thank you, I'll go discuss this matter with my officers. I'd like to see what they think of you."

He dipped his head as she got up to leave.

"By the way, my name is Min Ji."

[a/n: According to a website I found, Min means "a clever person, sharp-minded, quick responding person." Ji means "Wisdom and Intellect." I got this off a Korean baby name site and put the two together. Idek I'm not good with names just bear with me please.]

With that, she left, the door clicking shut behind her.

Jungkook sat in silence, staring at the place she had sat moments earlier. He wondered why she had metal plates and wires implanted all over her body, why she had a wise aura that commanded respect. She was mysterious, her gaze intense as she looked at him. She must be wondering why she can't read me like she can the others, he thought, It hasn't crossed her mind that there's nothing left in me to read.

He glanced through the one-way glass which made up the front wall of the room, looking at the busy people rushing past. His room was in a large, curved hallway connecting to the large main room where the Min Ji was giving out orders when they first got there. He saw her gather up a small group of authoritative-looking figures near the edge of the open space, not far off.

Jungkook slipped out of the room, approaching the group. He tried to blend in as he eavesdropped. It was almost comical how short the others seemed to the supernatural tallness of Min Ji. One of the women started talking as Jungook tuned his ears in.

"Jungkook? The Jungkook? He's joining us? That seems to me like a wonderful opportunity. He knows the ones without free will better than anyone."

"I say it's not a good plan at all," A man chimed in, "He's underage. We can't let him join."

Min Ji replied calmly though a bit annoyed.

"I 'm making an exception for him. Otherwise, I wouldn't have brought the matter farther than the front entrance."

"But-"

"Do you dare question my judgment?" Min Ji challenged.

"No commander Min Ji," He responded quickly, shutting his mouth.

"I say we should. From what I hear, he's clever and smart," a thinner man stated, adjusting his glasses.

"From what I hear, he's overly emotional and unstable," one of the women argued disapprovingly.

"We can't take him in," another explained, seemingly disappointed though set on their statement, "He's a national symbol of hope. What happens if we lose him?"

They were all silent for a moment.

"I think we need him," A smaller woman stated fiercely breaking the silence, "We're getting nowhere right now. We need something."

A few others voiced out their agreements.

Min Ji nodded, seeming to come to a conclusion. She swept her gaze over their serious faces, quieting them instantly.

"Before we vote, I've one last thing to add," She announced, "Jungkook has strong motivations. A bit of mental and physical training and he could just be what we need."

She let that sink in for a moment before continuing.

"Is everyone ready to cast their votes?"

The all nodded.

"Who says that no, Jungkook should not be excepted into Operation Resistance?"

A few rose their hands.

"Who says yes, we need him and he should be excepted?"

The majority rose their hands.

"It's decided. Jungkook will stay and train with us. I expect you all to treat him with the utmost respect," Min Ji paused as if implying a message to them. "Meeting dismissed. Chae-Won, please take your patrol along the east side of the border."

With that, she walked away from the dispersing group.

Jungkook turned and high-tailed it back to his new room, hoping he hadn't been spotted eavesdropping. He slipped inside just in time to see Min Ji appearing from behind the crowd of passing people.

She flashed a small, knowing smile at his one-way window. He felt like she could sense him through it, even though he knew she could only see the black tint on the outside of the glass. He closed the thick curtains so he couldn't see the commotion outside anymore. Walking across the small space, he collapsed on the surprisingly soft, queen-sized bed and sighed. Closing his eyes, he shut out the world in the soundproof room, his mind blank.

Taehyung. Taehyung, I miss you. It hurts. So bad. I can't even comprehend it. I just feel... empty without you.

Jungkook? Jungkook, I'm here. I'm still here. I'm with you. I love you. 

Jungkook sighed. Taehyung's voice was soft and clear in his head, echoing in between his ears. But of course, Taehyung had been taken. Those words were coming from Jungkook's imagination- a pitiful attempt to comfort himself performed by his subconscious. But it felt all too real, as if Taehyung was there, beside him, whispering 'I love you'. He felt his heart clench, a dull ache of longing settling in for a long-term stay.

"I love you too, Taehyung."

[a/n: So are you excited to see where this is going? I think I mentioned you earlier that it was getting really sci-fi so I hope you're not too surprised.

I'm debating on whether or not to make a question box (or whatever you call it) like I did in chapter 12. Would you be interested? There wasn't a lot of people who asked questions then, but I guess there wasn't much to ask about at that point. Just tell me in the comments if you'd be interested in that. If I do it then just like last time I'll answer as soon as possible. 

Also, tell me if you'd like me to do another chapter from Jimin's p.o.v. and continue the plot there. I mean, if I don't then that chapter was really pointless but I don't want to post stuff that won't interest you.

I want to thank every one of you who reads this story. It gives me so much joy to think that people actually enjoy reading my writing :). Love you guys! 💜]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 422 21
Not every story has a happily ever after. Some are never said or wrote again, just left unfinished from where it failed. But the dark tales are never...
5.3K 293 15
One day everything goes downhill and families are separated, everything is destroyed, and all hope is gone. Read as 7 boys, with all hope lost, meet...
316K 21.7K 34
After a series of unfortunate events, the squad finds themselves at a loss. Efforts seem to be for nothing, but what happens after Taehyung discover...
110K 6.2K 43
"Trust the apocalypse to push him out of the closet." ----- Taehyung and Jimin are alone. Completely and utterly alone. The first attack hit more tha...