The New World

By joeymwagner

"This is a story of a lifetime. I have been working on this for so long now. I searched so many journals, mis... More

The Discovery
The Awakening
The Interrogation Part 1
The Interrogation Part 2
The Reunion
The President
The Presentation Part 1
The Presentation Part 2
The Presentation Part 3 -The System-
The Presentation Part 4
The Presentation Part 5
The Presentation Part 6 -The Hit-
The Disapperance
Fuska?
Where was Fuska?
FAQ Chapter 1
FAQ Chapter 2
Their First Act
Greg Rowan
A little note
The Restaurant
A Reminder
Africa
The Money Issue
The Certificate
The Sum up
School System
A Question
Summary
The Beginning of the End
The Artificial Womb Center
Here We Go!
The Big Reveal Part 1 -The Plan-
The Big Reveal Part 2 -The Meeting-
The Boat One
Old Chapter: So Where was Fuska, Really?
The Emergency Meeting
The AR Problem
The Goodbye Part 1
The Goodbye Part 2
The Funeral
The Leak
The Video
The Run
The Escape
The Escape Part 2
The Prison
Saey's Letter
The End
Final Explanation

My First Visitor

27 7 6
By joeymwagner

I am in prison for the last 3 years, I don't talk to anyone and I didn't write anything. Maybe it's because I wanted to punish myself or maybe I didn't have anything to write.. I am not sure. But either the way, I had to write today. Today, I had my first visitor.

The Guard

"Gleb, You have a visitor."

I didn't talk, I just looked at his face with a surprised face.

"Her name is Jane Williams"

I was shocked, I started running to the meeting point, I was so excited.

And When I first saw her, I couldn't stand, I almost fell down. Oh my God she ...

"Fuska!" I said in tears

"Jane." She corrected me.

"Yeah Jane" I chuckled. "How are you.... how .. how are you alive?"

"Saey helped me disappear." She said.

Oh. I thought Saey killed her, turns out he is the one who saved her...

She changed her looks by the way. Changed her hair color. She wears glasses now. She got older, after all we went through, who can blame her? But she was still amazingly.. beautiful. I was shocked, I couldn't say anything. She looked at me with pity.

"Are you ok?" she said.

She was about to cry. She was looking at my long beard. After all, I shaved every single day for the last 20 years.

"I am fine. Where were you...?" I said

"Don't. Just Don't." Fuska said with a sad face.

"I'm sorry Fuska...I am.. Really.... for everything."

She couldn't control her tears. When you don't see someone for a long time you forget how much you can miss them. Especially if that someone disagreed everything you did and abondoned you.

"Truly. So many bad things happened because of us. We went through so much. More than enough for a life time." I said.

"Yeah." She said while clearing her face from tears.

"So are you going to end it?" I asked.

"End what?" She looked at me like she had no idea what I am talking about.

"My misery."

"Are you implying that I came here to kill you?"

"No of course not. You know... get me out of here?"

"What? How am I supposed to do that?" she asked.

"You still have the code right?"

"What code?" she asked

"You know the code that enters the backdoor of the system"

Yeah I guess I should have mentioned another unethical thing we did. The system's point was to be fair to everyone, you know... not be bribed etc. But we created a code that can overwrite any decision it makes. You know, just in case. I know it is horrible but it was for life or death situations. Just like this one.

Fuska

"How dare you, you son of a bitch. You are here because you deserve to be here." She yelled silently.

"You know that is not true!" I said.

"You shot someone."

"If I didn't do that, you know what could happen. I saved the world. Literally."

"You shot Saey in the chest."

"Maybe if you didn't run away the first time he made a mistake, I wouldn't be alone." I said.

That's got her really angry.

"First time? You think that was the first time. I tolerated and tolerated and tried to stop you for a long time and when I realised I can't stop you... I thought at least... I didn't wanna be a part of it."

She started crying again.

"We go to Europe." I said

"What?"

"We go to Europe. Like we always wanted. After all we have been through, Don't you think we deserve that? "

"..." She didn't say anything.

"Me being here doesn't change anything, Fuska. You know that. And when it comes to changing the world, FUCK IT. I don't care anymore. If they think it's fine this way, let them have it. But that doesn't mean we cant live the rest of our lives together. We tried to do something good. Didn't work. Let's move on.. together...."

"I am sorry. I am, I can't.. I can't..." she said in tears.

And then She walked away. I yelled

"FUSKA........ JANE......... JANEEEE!"

She didn't stop. I couldn't control my anger. I don't even remember hitting the metal bars but I am assuming I hit them very hard because as it turns out I broke my hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146 46 38
This planet, will now be my new home, has I will protect it with the best of my ability, has they welcomed me... Until, the secret of this life, thi...
3.9K 232 30
100 years ago, amidst WW3's nuclear bombing, a deadly virus was released in the atmosphere and nearly wiping out the humanity. It lives inside the hu...
Bones and Arrows By N.R.

Science Fiction

1K 79 16
A virus has swept across the entire country, its origin unknown. Seven young adults, whose fate has bound them together, must find a way to escape th...
1.1K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...