cobra & python Β» baekhyun βœ“

By xxbyunhyun

❝ Together we'd be deadly. ❞ The mafia leader Cobra was supposed to be dead, but he was only waiting for the... More

intro
playlist & aesthetics (english ver.)
playlist & aesthetics (korean ver.)
prologue | in the mist
one | red velvet hair salon
two | murder he wrote
three | bang bang
four | the wasp nest
five | a fisherman's trap
seven | good, bad or both
eight | hot on the trail
nine | saints and sinners
ten | cruel intentions
eleven | her name was rio
twelve | cherries and wine
thirteen | snitches get stitches
fourteen | sorry not sorry
fifteen | ride or die
sixteen | bonnie & clyde
epilogue | viva las vegas

six | casino lights

4.4K 267 256
By xxbyunhyun

'' i was born bad

but then I met you.

you made me nice for a while

but my dark side's true. ''

***

It's been years and the nightmares came back.

I completely forgot about them by now and I wasn't expecting them to come back to haunt me.

It was a warped memory of the day that I met Park Chanyeol. It was snowing for the past couple of nights and I couldn't even remember the last time that I managed to steal some food. I was sitting between two trash cans, hugging my legs and trembling. My clothes were covered with a thin layer of snow, but I was so hungry that I couldn't even feel the cold. My eyes were just beginning to close when a figure suddenly appeared in front of me. He was young, but my instincts always screamed danger when it came to other human beings. I tried to attack, but he instantly jumped out of the way and I slipped on the icy ground and collapsed in the snow. 

I was laying there and catching my breath when something suddenly landed on top of my head. It took me a few moments to realise that it was a scarf and my eyes were wide when I looked at the boy once again. His face was deathly serious and sculpted by all the bad things that he had to suffer in his life.

'' Want to come with me, stray cat? I like people with fighting spirit. You don't survive these tough winters if you don't have it. ''

He held his hand in my direction and I hesitated for a moment too long.

Years ago, he turned around, started walking away and I rushed after him. In my nightmares the same thing happened, only that I wasn't able to catch up with him again. His figure kept walking further and further away in to darkness. I was running after him, crying and screaming his name, but he didn't turn back. The darkness completely swallowed him and I woke up from the nightmare.

Sometimes I wondered how we would've turned out if we would've been one of the luckier kids from our neighbourhood. My parents were killed by Father and he was kicked out of the house by his abusive mother, but what if we were born in nicer families? Would we sit next to each other at school? Would we meet at the playground? Would we still become friends?

If things wouldn't have been bad from the start, who would Chanyeol and Mijin even turn out to be?

'' Boss, Mark really needs to stop giving you these new earpieces. ''

'' See, calling me boss has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? ''

I scowled in annoyance and clenched my fingers in to fists. Baekhyun was giggling through the earpiece, while I was trying my best to keep my composure. I was standing next to Lucas and Minseok, who knew that he was still alive, but we were planning to keep that a secret from the rest of his men for now. They just got out of the police station where they were detained and there was no way to know where their loyalties really were. That was why the three of us went to meet them that day instead of Baekhyun too. 

We were supposed to appear as tough as possible, intimidate them and show them who was the real boss, but it was tough to do that considering the strange sound that my shoes were making while I was walking. They were still wet through and through from the expedition out to the open sea that we did in the early morning. It was just the four of us, tailing after Junmyeon's large boat and looking for revenge for him selling me out to Chanyeol. Baekhyun wanted to test out Lucas's abilities too and I couldn't help it but to gasp in amazement when I saw him in action. His bomb completely obliterated Junmyeon's boat and the fisherman was supposed to change his loyalty to the presumably unknown mafia boss that sent me to see him. 

We got the fake identities for Baekhyun's men and our mission was a complete success, but the adventure out to the open sea left Cobra quiet and I could tell that he was thinking about something. The waves managed to bring back some brief memories from the night when someone tried to kill him, but they didn't make any sense and he decided to go on a drive in his black Ferrari in hopes that it would help him clear his head.

'' Do you have a plan of action? '' Minseok asked me and cross his arms on his chest. His eyes were ice cold and his face was completely calm, even if the three of us were heavily outnumbered. The warehouse was full of gangsters that were sitting around, playing cards, smoking cigarettes and drinking. They noticed us, but no one bothered to truly acknowledge our presence. There was only a few of them that began whispering something about Minseok, who they recognised from getting saved out of jail. '' I already talked with my guys at the boxing club. They are down for the plan, but there's not enough of them. ''

That night Baekhyun wanted to start taking back his territory. Gangsters called it protection money, even if they were usually the ones that people needed protection from. Owners of certain places gave them a large sum of cash and in return they kept them safe from others. Cobra's territory used to expand through most of the hotels, casinos, clubs, high end bars and other similar places where his dealers sold his drugs. Getting some of that back was the first step, the next was building his narcotics business once again and lastly - taking down Python, also known as Park Chanyeol.

'' Yah! '' I let out a loud scream, but only a few of the gangsters in that warehouse bothered to turn their heads and briefly glance in my direction. I gritted my teeth in irritation and clenched my fingers in to fists before muttering in to the earpiece that was stuck on my ear: '' Have your guys always been this disobedient? ''

Baekhyun began explaining something in response, but I didn't bother listening to him. I pulled my gun from the inside of my jacket and Lucas flinched when I fired a shot. One of the gangsters just raised his soju bottle to his lips when the bullet made it smash in to pieces. The sound of the gunshot made Baekhyun sigh and hiss back with anger: '' You are the same as they are! Even worse! Why even bother asking me for your opinion when you aren't even planning to listen? ''

The gangsters turned their heads now, stood up from the ground and their chairs and started walking towards us. Their fists were clenched, their faces were angry and it was clear that they were ready to fight. I bit my lower lip and tried to think of what to do next, while Lucas smirked and asked in amusement: '' Got any more random ideas that have potential to turn in to a complete disaster? ''

'' Don't even try to look smug, because it's obvious that you shot that gun at random and hoped for the best, '' Minseok mumbled in agreement and out a tired sigh. He placed a cigarette in his mouth, but he didn't light it up. His eyes narrowed as he stared at the group of gangsters and Lucas and I both jumped up with surprise when he suddenly raised his voice at them: '' Do you want to go back to jail, you scumbags? How about showing the tiniest bit of gratitude, huh? You should be ashamed for acting like complete cows as soon as your boss disappeared! So stop fucking around and listen! ''

I leaned towards Lucas and mumbled in amazement: '' Oh, he's good. ''

'' Shut up, I'm taking mental notes, '' he whispered back and continued staring at Minseok in awe. 

Minseok turned towards us, snapped with his fingers and pointed at me. '' Mijin! ''

I blinked and blurted out: '' Yes, daddy-... Uh, I mean... Yes, Minseok? ''

He shook his head in disappointment and gestured at the group of gangsters in front of us. '' Explain to them what's the plan for tonight. ''

I nervously smiled and tried to gather my thoughts, while I heard Baekhyun mumble through my earpiece: '' Disappointed, but not surprised. We are definitely having a very stern conversation about this soon. ''

The gangsters were down for our plan and we began the preparations for that night. Most of them left together with Minseok, who was in charge of leading them. We were planning to get back a casino and hotel that used to be one main points of Baekhyun's territory. The police was trying to shut it down now and Chanyeol was pestering the owner about stepping on his side, but the leader was a loyal man. His name was Jongdae and from what I've heard, he was still hung up on Baekhyun's death, but he was taking a great risk by trying to stay neutral. He had some of his own people and a lot of money that could probably save him from jail time, but he was putting his life on the line. It was dangerous to try to go against the mafia.

'' We aren't going to be the only ones there tonight, '' Lucas seriously told me. It was starting to get dark and the two of us were the only ones left at the warehouse. He was sitting by one of the tables that were placed there, building some smaller bombs and telling me how Chanyeol still thought that him and his gang were following his orders. '' I think he is planning to strike now or tomorrow. The plan is to get the casino owner on his side or... Become the new owner himself. ''

I lifted myself on Lucas's desk and watched him while he worked. The two of us were supposed to be working together that night, but I was partnered up with Bambam before that. In that moment, I was waiting for Baekhyun to come pick me up and take me to get ready. We weren't planning to involve the writer any further than it was necessary, but the casino was hosting a special event that night and Bambam and his connections were the only way for us to get inside the building without attracting too much attention. 

Lucas was slightly hunched over and the flashlights that were placed around him, were casting shadows on his face. His light brown hair was pushed back by a black bandana and there was a pair of cracked glasses resting on his nose. His dark hair was narrowed in concentration and his skilful fingers were quickly collecting wires and creating miniature bombs. '' How did you even learn to do this? ''

'' If you go on the internet, you can find tutorials for everything, '' he mumbled without raising his gaze.

I pursed my lips in thought and gazed around the empty warehouse. '' I am taking you to see your childhood friend tomorrow. ''

Lucas slowly raised his head and looked at me. He was quiet for a few moments, his eyebrows were slightly furrowed together and he seemed confused. Then he lowered his head once again and continued building the bomb that he just started working on. '' Why are you really doing this, Little Rambo? ''

'' I've always been a bad person, but recently I started hating it more than I thought I did. That's why I decided that I will take the crime world and crush it in my hand. Don't tell Baekhyun though. You can keep a secret, right? '' I smirked in amusement and rolled my eyes. I picked up a packet of cigarettes that someone abandoned on the table and placed one of them between my teeth. I was trying to get the lighter to work, but Lucas took it away before I could. The cigarette hung on the edge of his mouth and smoke rose up in the air when he lit it up and took a drag. His face was serious and I couldn't help it but to smile even wider. '' You are still too young to understand, but eventually you will. You can ask Minseok about it if you want. Your past and all the bad things that you did... It will catch up with you. Sooner or later, it catches up with anyone. ''

His gaze narrowed, he stood up from his chair and stepped closer. I was still sitting on the table and he placed his hands on each one of my sides. '' Why are you talking to me like I'm a kid? I'm only a few years younger than you are and that doesn't change anything. I'm still a man and I can understand the world. ''

'' The fact that this is the only thing that you picked up from my philosophical speech just proves my point, '' I mumbled and stuck my tongue out. '' Why do I even bother? ''

It seemed like his age was a bit of a touchy subject, because my response only made him angrier. He smashed the cigarette against the table and left a burn mark on the wood before he put his hands on my hips. My eyes slightly widened with surprise when he switched our positions and pulled me in his lap. One of his hands slowly slid down my leg and his hot breath fanned my neck. '' Do you want me to show you just how much of a man I am? ''

I sucked in a breath, shivers covered my skin and his lips began moving closer to my neck. The sound of a car stopping outside the warehouse instantly made me snap out of it and I quickly put my hand on Lucas's forehead and shoved him away. I jumped off his lap and rushed to another table where I left my jacket. '' As tempting as that sounds, I think my ride just got here and he doesn't like to be kept waiting. ''

Lucas sighed and grumbled something in annoyance. He leaned against the table, crossed his arms on his chest and I could feel his heated eyes watching me when I put on my jacket and limped towards the exit of the warehouse. '' Couldn't you put in a little more effort and at least try to sound disappointed that you have to go? ''

'' You need to stay focused on the plan instead of thinking about inappropriate things! '' I yelled over my shoulder with a smile and rushed out of the warehouse. A black Ferrari was waiting for me in the darkness of the night, Baekhyun was sitting behind the wheel and impatiently tapping the steering wheel with his finger. He sped away as soon as I sat in the vehicle, but he didn't break the silence. The look on his face was serious, his eyes were directed at the road ahead of us and in the end I couldn't take it anymore. I opened my eyes and slowly asked: '' Did you remember something? ''

Baekhyun tightened his grip on the steering wheel and frowned. '' I remembered... I remember someone calling me a traitor. They shot me, but I shot them first. ''

My eyes slightly widened with surprise. '' You are trying to tell me that you deserved it? ''

'' Does that really surprise you? '' he mockingly asked and let out a frustrated sigh.

A small smile formed on my lips and I told him: '' In any other situation, it probably wouldn't surprise me, but I really wasn't expecting that this time. I wonder what horrible thing you did, Cobra. ''

A shadow fell over his gaze and he slowly nodded. '' Me too. ''

I continued studying his expression for a few moments before I turned my head and gazed out the window. '' You are sitting out for tonight, so that should give you enough time to think about things. ''

'' I am not sitting out, I am watching all of your backs together with the computer geek! '' he snapped back in sudden anger. He shot a glare in my direction and scowled. '' I can't believe you actually think that I am exaggerating. You would know what I'm thinking about if you would ever find yourself in a life or death situation-... Wait, I'm realising just now that you find yourself in a situation like that at least three times a week! Why don't you know what I'm thinking about? ''

I chuckled in amusement at his surprised face, pushed a button to make the window go down and let the night wind blow through my hair. '' That's because there's nothing to really think about. It's a fragile balance and that's all that there really is to it. You had to come a little too close to dying to realise who you are and dwelling on it will only lead you in the wrong direction. You have to face life instead and focus on the moment because that is really the only thing that everything depends on. ''

Have you turned in to a monster?

Do you really want to be that monster?

Was it the world that caused you to change or was it just you who made that choice?

Baekhyun and I stopped at one of his favourite stores and I started looking through all of the dresses to find something to wear to the casino. '' This is making me remember how much I dislike casinos. I used to work in one when I was living in Daegu, but that didn't last for long. The owner was a real asshole, so I made sure to quit and get it closed down forever... I wonder what colour is Bambam's suit going to be. ''

'' Who cares? '' Baekhyun snapped and rolled his eyes in annoyance. He was sitting on a cream coloured sofa of the expensive store and waiting for me to find something to wear. His face was illuminated by the light of the chandelier that was hanging above him and he was sipping champagne out of the glass that he was given by one of the workers. 

I smirked and explained: '' Well we need to match so that we won't stick out of the crowd and look suspicious, right? Hm, I wonder which one of these dresses I could move in well...? I better get something very short in case I will have to fight anybody. ''

'' Are you purposely trying to test me? '' Baekhyun's low voice spoke up right behind me. I didn't hear or notice him move from his spot on the sofa, but when I turned around he was right there. His eyes were dark and slightly narrowed and I couldn't help it but to smile.

'' I just find it funny when you get frustrated while watching what is going on through CCTV cameras because you know that you can't really interfere, '' I replied and walked right passed him.

He let out a sigh and dropped down on the sofa again. '' It's mostly because you never bother to listen to what I say and if something bad happens, it somehow always ends up being my fault... Not that dress. Get the red one. You look good in red. ''

I turned my back to him to hide my sudden embarrassed blush and made my way towards the dressing rooms. It didn't take long before I walked out again, twirled and posed in front of a giant mirror. I was wearing a short red dress, with a flowy skirt that would allow me to fight if I would have to and a deep neckline that I unbuttoned extremely low to make sure that it would distract any suspicious eyes for looking at my face for too long and possibly recognising me. 

'' You might want to open one more button just in case. Your face really is quite distracting. In the worst way possible, '' Baekhyun commented, clearly annoyed by my choice of clothing.

I challengingly raised an eyebrow and did exactly that. His eyes narrowed and I smiled in satisfaction. '' Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to lean forward towards people as much as I'll can too. ''

He frowned and clenched his fingers in to fists before letting out a curse and downing his glass of champagne. '' Are you done? Bambam is probably going to be here soon and I'm getting more and more annoyed looking at you and knowing that you are going to be hanging on his arm tonight. ''

I turned around, walked right towards him and leaned forward. His back pressed against the sofa and he gazed up towards me with surprise. I put one of my hands on his shoulder, pushed my finger against his chest and his breath got caught in his throat when he heard me say: '' You need to stop acting this way. I saved your life so if anything, you are the one that belongs to me and not the other way around. Got it, Cobra? ''

'' Am I interrupting a lovers quarrel? '' The sound of Bambam's cheerful voice instantly made me jump away from Baekhyun again. He strolled through the luxury store and winked at one of the workers who blushed and lowered her head in embarrassment.

'' No, '' I instantly shot back, while Baekhyun simultaneously hissed: '' Yes. ''

The mafia leader and I glared at each other before I turned towards the writer. He was looking as handsome as ever, with his blonde hair neatly styled, an earring hanging from his left ear and wearing a black and blue suit. Next to him I clearly seemed like just another fan, who somehow scored the chance of a lifetime and managed to go on a date with him. It was a perfect cover and we blended in the crowd of the casino right away.

'' I come here when I'm tired of playing poker with Minseok and Mino, '' Bambam told me once we stepped out of his white Lamborghini and made our way towards the entrance. He left the keys of his car to the valet and we walked after two other couples that were ahead of us.

I raised an eyebrow and smirked. '' Oh, so you can lose in a different environment? I guess it's nice to change it up a bit before it gets too depressing. ''

'' I see someone is feeling a little sassy tonight, '' the writer responded with an irritated smile and lead me inside the building. The casino was a lot nicer than I thought it would be. The carpets were red, golden curtains were separating different parts with all kinds of slot machines and crystal chandeliers were hanging off the ceiling. People in suits and dresses were sitting around and gambling their money away, while the waiters were serving them drinks  and encouraging them to play even more. There were also guards and floor managers that were stepping from one guest to another, talking to them and solving any possible issues.

I glanced up and my eyes searched the corners of the ceiling to spot any possible cameras. I flinched with surprise when Bambam's hand touched the lower part of my back. He pulled me to closer to him to hiss in my ear: '' Don't look for cameras. Baekhyun isn't the only one that is watching. If you'll look for cameras, you will only get their security to become suspicious and think that you came here to cheat. ''

 '' I'm in the building, '' I heard Lucas announce through my earpiece. Him, Minseok and I were all wearing one, so that we would be able to communicate with each other. Lucas was supposed to get inside the building by posing as a janitor or a cleaner. '' My boys are watching the street from a safe distance, so they should be able to help in case something goes wrong. I'm going to go on a walk through the building to see how's the situation in the hotel part, but I already noticed some of Python's people, so be careful. ''

'' I am... still in a hair salon and plotting Bambam's death, '' Minseok murmured after a few moments and I almost snorted in laughter. Him, the members of the boxing club that worked for him and Baekhyun's men were supposed to act as bodyguards of Bambam's friends. The writer forgot to mention that the girls took a long time to get ready because they liked to giggle, gossip and take pictures of everything.

I heard Lucas's evil laughter. '' That's your fault for refusing to replace the staff of the hotel and casino. I wouldn't mind accompanying a lady as her bodyguard. ''

The two of them fell in to silence again and my eyes wandered around the crowded casino. Then I slowly leaned towards Bambam and murmured: '' How about you get that hand of yours off my back and go get us some drinks? ''

Bambam's touch left my skin and I heard Baekhyun hiss through my earpiece: '' Sure took you long enough to tell him that. ''

'' Shut up, I know that you are watching through the cameras and zooming in on my cleavage, '' I quietly murmured in response and walked between the slot machines. Bambam directed himself towards the nearest bar and I could already see some people approaching him. I often forgot how famous he was and how there was a lot of fans that idolised everything about him.

I leaned against a slot machine and Baekhyun snapped back in response: '' It's not like there's much to see anyway. ''

The corner of my mouth twitched in irritation and I threateningly said: '' Should I go ask someone else for a second opinion about that? ''

That shut him up right away and I smugly smiled and took the drink that Bambam brought me back from the bar. He wanted to join a poker game and I stuck around for a while and gambled some of his money, but I quickly got bored and decided to check out the rest of the casino. I was trying to find Jongdae, the boss of the building, but he was nowhere in sight. Baekhyun warned me that he liked to spend a lot of his time in his personal suite somewhere up on the fifteenth floor, but that getting him there was nearly impossible. The entire floor was heavily guarded at all hours of the day, so our best bet was just waiting and hoping that he would come downstairs.

'' I think I see Bambam leaving to go meet Jongdae, '' I heard Minseok speak through my earpiece all of the sudden. I didn't see the retired mafia leader, but I did keep my eyes on the writer. I was standing by the bar, sipping champagne and watching him speak to one of Jongdae's personal bodyguards. Bambam's face seemed calm, so I didn't try to get involved and I only followed him with my gaze until he disappeared in the elevator.

That was when I downed my drink and prepared to follow him, but I instantly stopped when someone grabbed my wrist and asked: '' Where are you going in such a rush? How about I buy you another drink and you stay and we have a little chat instead? ''

My hand trembled and I didn't dare to turn my head and look at the man that was standing by my side. '' I don't think you and I have anything to talk about. ''

'' Tonight I am not here because of you, so I am just going to make this short... Did you call the cops? '' Kyungsoo lowly murmured and tightened his grip on my wrist.

That was when I turned my head in a flash and looked at him with wide eyes. I wast warned by Lucas that Chanyeol and his people could show up at the casino, but I didn't even think about the police. Now that Kyungsoo mentioned it and I looked around more carefully, I instantly recognised some people from Jimin's team. My heart started beating faster and I pressed a button on my earpiece, not even caring that Chanyeol's right hand man was going to hear everything too: '' It's a trap. It's a major trap. Jongdae didn't want to start working with another mafia group, but he knew that he couldn't survive without protection, so he turned towards the police instead. I'm going to go fetch Bambam before he runs in to Jimin and accidentally tells him something that he shouldn't. ''

Kyungsoo was carefully watching me and sipping his champagne. He didn't seem too concerned before, but the sound of my words made a shadow fall over his features. '' Look, Chanyeol is kind of obsessed with you, but I am not and I already have plans for tonight. I really don't feel like messing them up and chasing you around, so just... ''

'' I didn't saw you and you didn't see me, '' I seriously ended his sentence and the two of us fist bumped before I disappeared in to the crowd. '' Lucas, what's the situation? ''

'' I was going to go to the fifteenth floor, but it's impossible. There's Jongdae's bodyguards and cops around every corner, '' Lucas seriously responded after a few moments.

Baekhyun's voice sounded irritated when he muttered: '' I don't have access to the cameras in Jongdae's private suite, but I can see the hallway. Bambam just got escorted there by two of his bodyguards and that orange haired cop is making his way after him. Mijin, you better think of something, I don't trust the writer's ability to keep secrets. He is definitely going to tell the cops something that he shouldn't. ''

'' Maybe we should give Bambam more credit- '' I began, but I quickly stopped myself when I remembered how I checked out one of his pages on the internet and saw him writing about how thrilling it was to hang out with criminals. He didn't mention any names and he compared some of our attitudes to overripe kimchi, but the information that he shared was still a little risky. '' Lucas, find the longest rope that you possibly can and go to the rooftop. I'll give you other directions once you get there. ''

The employees normally didn't let guests in to the hotel part of the building if they didn't show them their key card first, but I managed to convince one of them that I was here with my boyfriend, who got too drunk and had to leave the casino before me. I purposely tried to act as stupid as I could and pretended like I didn't know that we were given two key cards just because of situations like this one. Eventually the employee got tired of my loud giggling and let me pass. I grinned in triumph as soon as I was showing my back to them and walked down the hallway.

'' You are a natural at playing dumb, '' Baekhyun commented through my earpiece. '' What's your plan? How are you going to get to the fifteenth floor if it's guarded by cops? Are you going to distract them with shameful pictures from when you were dating Jimin? ''

'' You were dating Jimin? '' 

Lucas and Minseok almost yelled in response and I cringed at the sound of their loud and horrified voices. '' I know, he is way out of my league, but it's what on the inside that counts. ''

'' Not when on the inside he is a cop! '' Lucas hissed in response and I could almost imagine Minseok shaking his head in disappointment somewhere on the other side of the casino. '' How could you even fall asleep next to him at night knowing that he is a cop? If I was in your place, I'd be afraid that I would wake up and find myself in handcuffs. And not in a good way. '' 

I stepped in an elevator and pressed the button for the fourteenth floor. '' We are not having this conversation. Not now or ever. '' 

I walked down a hallway of the fourteenth floor and tried to ignore the camera that was pointed towards me. My heart was racing in my chest in anticipation and I was slowly stepping forward until I was sure that I reached a blind spot. I didn't know if the hotel room in front of me was empty or not, but I had no choice but to break in to it. Luckily, there was no one inside and I let out a breath of relief before opening a window and leaning outside. 

A gust of wind blew through my dark hair and I nervously swallowed when I saw how far away the ground was. Then I gazed up towards the rooftop of the high building and saw a figure leaning against the railing. I pressed a button on my earpiece and asked: '' Lucas, are you on the rooftop? Do you have that rope that I asked you to get? Tie it to something strong and throw it in my direction. ''

'' Strong? How strong? '' the boy asked and I saw his figure move.

I nervously scratched the back of my head and mumbled: '' Uh... Strong enough to hold a person? ''

'' Mijin, '' Baekhyun lowly warned, but he didn't say anything else. He realised what my plan was and he clearly didn't like it, but he knew that I was going to go through with it, even if he would try to stop me. That was why instead he just let out a sigh and added: '' Don't even bother to ask questions, Lucas. She thinks that she is in an action movie. ''

'' Is that why she goes around doing things like dating cops? '' the motorcycle gang leader asked and threw the rope off the rooftop. It flew through the air and nearly hit me over the head before it appeared right in front of my opened window. I was looking at it for a few moments and hesitating before I grabbed it and started tying it around my waist.

'' That is a bad example, but Baekhyun's right, I do like to think that I am in an action movie and somehow I make it work, '' I replied and climbed on the window sill. The rope was tightly tied around my waist and I glared at my hands like that was going to help them stop from trembling. Then I jumped outside and found myself hanging off the side of the building. I was high up in the air and one wrong move would make me fall and land in a certain death, but instead of looking down and worrying, I started climbing. 

My feet were on the wall of the casino and hotel, I was holding on to the rope that I was tied to and slowly making one step after another. Lucas leaned over the railing that was going around the rooftop and watching, but he didn't say anything. He was slowly pulling the rope up to help me climb and I couldn't help it but to wonder what was going through his head. In moments like this one I found myself asking the same question too.

The night wind was creating shivers on my skin, cold sweat was gathering on my forehead and I was clenching my teeth and struggling. It was a short climb from the fourteenth to the fifteenth floor, but it still left my muscles trembling in exhaustion. The walls of Jongdae's private suite were covered in glass, but the people that were in it didn't notice my presence right away. I knew that I only had one chance before they would see that I was there and I wouldn't have the advantage anymore. 

I pushed myself back before hitting it with my legs as strong as I could and trying to make it shatter. The loud sound made everyone turn their heads, but nothing happened to the glass that was separating us. My eyes widened in panic and I almost dropped the gun that was strapped to my waist before I fired two shots and pushed myself back again. The bullets got stuck in the glass wall and created cracks all around them. I hit it with my feet once again and this time it really did shatter and I flew inside the suite.

I landed on the ground and stumbled for a few steps. I used my hidden pocket knife to cut away the rope that was tied to my waist before I stepped in front of Bambam. My legs were a little wobbly, but I quickly composed myself again, raised my  gun and pointed it around me. The cops and bodyguards were clearly surprised to see me and both Jongdae and Jimin were looking at me with wide eyes.

I combed through my hair with my hand, took a deep breath and smirked. '' Oh wow, I can't believe I just pulled that off without it turning in to a complete disaster and me falling in to my death... And no, don't even try to move, because I won't hesitate to shoot anyone that will. ''

The night wind blew through the shattered glass wall of the suite, the bodyguards and cops were standing around me and I was holding my gun in preparation to fight anyone that would get in my way.

There was a short silence, then I heard Minseok's voice speak through my earpiece: '' Oh wow, someone's been hanging with Cobra a little too much. ''

'' Little Rambo is starting to act more like the mafia leader Cobra than the actual Cobra does, '' Lucas mumbled in agreement and mockingly laughed. ''

'' Hey! Hurtful! '' Baekhyun immediately hissed before he forced his voice to become more deep and serious and corrected himself: '' I mean... Do you really want to go there and see me prove you wrong, because I will! '' 

I quietly laughed at the sound of the guys's bickering, my eyes shined in the light and a cheeky grin formed on my face.

Was anyone ready to challenge a lady wearing a red party dress and holding a gun?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

535K 18.9K 33
What happens when Park Jimin crosses path with Jeon Jungkook, a mafia leader. What does fate has in store for them? "You're my bunny...." "And you'r...
330 30 6
This is the story of 3 Mafia kings who's madly in love with 3 girls..and to get them they joined hands to help each other... Jayeon:- If I didn't car...
32.4K 951 17
When a mafia fell for you for the first sight him as a secret mafia king. Will you also love him? Stay tuned for more. My own imagination. Story cont...
71.3K 4.2K 18
❝ I don't need you to like her. I need you to protect her. ❞ Where a spoiled rich girl and an assassin end up on the run together.