Love... What Bullshit!!!

By Navya_Mishra

Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill i... More

Part 1
Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 17
Part 18:
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35:
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
😡😡😡
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Question!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Hang in there...
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Thanks!
Epilogue!
There?
New Story Alert: The Fall...

Part 16

10.5K 756 47
By Navya_Mishra

Nandini: Manik u know what, I think I should definitely find u a girl friend....
Nandini said as they both were stumped over the couch in her music room not willing to leave at all.

Manik: Oh and why is that so??
Manik asked with an amused expression on her sudden change of topic. He was just telling her what all he did the entire day, when she wasn't at work and she suddenly shifted the topic.

Nandini: U see these days dhruv and aliya too seem to be settling down, and I hv high hopes for a confession real soon!! And after this, all ur friends will be happily committed..... So Mr. Malhotra, U'll feel left out right, thus, I should get u a girl friend...

Nandini explained to him slowly, as if talking to a child.

Manik: Hmn... But why would I be alone, I hv you na!! U r not committed, so I will hv ur company.

Nandini: And what will u do on days like today?? As in when I m busy and stuff...
Nandini asked popping up her head on her knee.

Manik: In that case, I'll help u with whatever u r busy with...
Manik winked at her making her laugh. Nandini threw her head back laughing at his cockiness when he suddenly held her hand and jerk her forward towards himself,

Manik: I m not letting u go that easily Ms. Moorthy!! I hv a habit of long term friendship...

Nandini: Well as for me, I hv zero experience on any type of friendship so, I guess I'll stick to ur word.
Nandini said very seriously as the two of them looked at each other and the next minute, they bursted out in fits of laughter.

Manik: U r insane...

Nandini: So r u Manik....
Nandini laughed as she threw a cushion over him.

Just then there was a knock at the door, Nandini opened up the door to find the servant there with a card. Nandini nodded at him with a grim face and closed the door.

Manik noticed her blank face and raised his eyebrows.

Nandini: The drama starts again...
Nandini muttered and passed him the small card.

"Dinner at 9!!!", he read out loud making Nandini groan.

Nandini: I need to change...

Manik: So is the dinner out somewhere??
Manik asked slowly.

Nandini: No... Just right across the hall over the dining table!!
Nandini replied to him as she got up. She moved out of the room asking Manik to follow, which he did.

Manik: Then why do u need to change?? I think these clothes are perfectly fine.

Nandini: Manik... This is nothing like the casual family dinners at normal houses. This family never does dinner together!! Its just that Rishab is here and they feel obligated to do this. I won't even be surprised if I get to know that they didn't even see him once.

Nandini told him as she walked into her walk in closet and searched for an appropriate dress for the dinner. Manik didn't say anything further about the dinner and said,

Manik: Then I guess, I should leave.... I'll meet rishab some other day!!!

Nandini: Hang on, just lemme get ready. I'll walk u to ur car. I'll just change and be back, u sit.
Saying so Nandini took her dress and walked inside the washroom. While Manik picked up the book kept on her bed side table and opened it up. He found a bookmark in it and understood that this was the novel that Nandini was reading currently as a smile crept over his face.

A few minutes later, Nandini walked out of the room.
Nandini: By the way Manik... I forgot to ask, are u coming with Cabir and Me to the site visit tmrw??

Manik: Yeah but cabir-
Manik looked up from his book, but stopped the moment his eyes landed over her.

Nandini was standing in front of the mirror with a comb in her hand, looking as beautiful as she does.

She wore an off shoulder jet black dress, with a high slit on a side showing off her leg. Her hair falling free at her side as she moved a comb through it.

Nandini noticed him silent and looked at him through the mirror,
Nandini: Manik??

Manik: Beautiful!!
Manik murmured into a trance making her smile.

Nandini: Thank u for the compliment....
Nandini bowed down in front of him making him chuckle.

She turned back towards the mirror and started applying some light makeup while Manik stood up from his place. He walked towards her and stood right behind her when she picked up a pair of black long earrings. 

But before she could wear it, a hand held hers softly making her turn towards those brown chocolaty eyes, which seemed to be captivating her completely. He shook his head in a No, taking away the earrings from her hand as he bent down to her table and picked up some other ones.

Nandini held her hand forward asking him for those making him smile as he moved closer towards her. Nandini looked at him confused, but still couldn't say a word, deeply affected by his proximity when he suddenly moved his hand over her shoulder, moving all her hair to a side, his cold fingers sending shiver down her spine.

He made her wear the earring as gently as possible while she stood there still in a daze with no idea what was happening around her. She felt his warm breath fan over the other side of her neck as he moved to the other ear.

He held her shoulder after finishing and made her turn towards the mirror when she noticed a pair of small diamond studs shining on ears.

Manik: Shining just like the stars......
Manik whispered behind her as a dazzling smile crept over her face.

Nandini: Thanks...

He stepped back and sat on the couch as she continued getting ready. None of the two said anything until Manik again broke the silence.
Manik: Don't.... Don't tie up ur hair!! It looks beautiful....

Nandini blinked at his words for a second and  followed his words when she turned towards him.
Nandini: Am I looking okay??

Manik chuckled at her and stood up,
Manik: U look amazing...

Nandini: Ohk now lets go!! Its just 5 mins to 9...
Nandini said looking at the wall clock when he nodded. They moved out of her room as she walked him to the entrance.

Manik: I hope, I m seeing u tmrw at work....

Nandini: Absolutely!! By the way, u didn't answer my question, are u going to accompany me and cabir to the site visit.

Manik: Oh yes.... But it's gonna need just the two of us, cabir needs to be at home with aunty, she isn't well!!

Nandini: Ohh... What happened, is she-
Nandini said slowly willing to ask about his mother when a voice interrupted them, making them stop moving.

"Nandini... "
Came a deep flat manly from behind them making them turned when Manik noticed an elderly man, whom he recognised as Mr. Kapoor right behind them in a three piece official suit.

Mr. Kapoor: Aren't u coming for the dinner??
He asked softly to Nandini.

Nandini: Ohh yes I m coming... I was just walking a friend outside!!
Nandini replied in a clipped voice when Mr. Kapoor noticed Manik.

Mr. Kapoor: Mr. Manik Malhotra.... Hello Young Man!!

Manik: Good evening Mr. Kapoor...

Mr. Kapoor: Ohh its so nyc to see u after so long!! What brings u here??

Manik: Nothing special Mr. Kapoor, I just came to see Nandini...
His words made Mr. Kapoor look at Nandini in a shocked yet confused expression. Nandini simply ignored his look and didn't say anything in explanation.

Manik: Umn... I should get going!!

Mr. Kapoor: No no... Mr. Malhotra, plz join us for dinner!!

Nandini: Mr. Kapo..... I mean.... D....Da....Dad!! Isn't this supposed to be a Family dinner...
Nandini said clenching her fists at her words, clearly not willing Manik to stay which he understood well.

Manik: Right... I should leave!!

Mr. Kapoor: No no.. U should join us, I insist!!

Manik looked at Nandini through the corner of his eyes after which he gave a small smile to him and nodded.

Mr. Kapoor: Plz come...
The three of them walked inside to the dining room while Manik kept his gaze fixed at Nandini.

They reached the table to see Nandini's mom already sitting there when she looked up at the three.

Mr. Kapoor introduced Manik formally to her, as the owner of the RM industries, at which she smiled broadly. Mr. Kapoor sat next to his wife at the end of the table while Manik noticed Nandini walking to the other far end. He immediately held her hand stopping her.

Nandini eyed him in a glare telling him to leave her but he simply pulling her next to him as he sat on the other side of Mr. Kapoor, right in front of her mother, with Nandini right by her side.

Mr. Kapoor: So Mr. Malhotra.... How-

Manik: Just Manik plz... U r much elder to me sir!
Manik replied politely making him smile.

Mr. K: So how do u know Nandini??

Manik felt her mothers scrutinizing gaze move towards Nandini who simply choose to ignore the conversation going around and filled up a glass of water for herself.

Manik: Umn... We met the day Nandini returned from London and then-

Nandini: And then we became​ great friends...
Nandini interrupted his words finally saying something.

Manik: Yeah right...
The couple gave Manik a small smile when a young guy walked towards the table. When Manik noticed a broad smile stretch over Nandini's face, and he understood its Rishab.

Rishab: I m sorry, I just got late...
He said as he walked towards them.

Mrs. K: Ohh Rishab... How r u Son?? Its been so long that I hv seen u...
She said lovingly smiling at him but still stayed fixed at her place. Nandini's face hardened at her fakeness while Mr. K too acknowledged his son formally. Rishab's eyes glittered at the sight of Nandini as he winked at her. When he saw Manik.

He looked at Nandini questionably, at which she smiled again making him smile back broadly as he asked Manik.

Rishab: Manik bhaiya Right??

Manik looked at him confused at stood up as he walked closer.
Rishab: Chill... I hv been hearing so much about u since yesterday that it was easy to guess....

Manik chuckled at him and hugged him as he replied back.
Manik: Well, I too spent the past 2 hours listening about u. I was so willing to meet u today, but I guess u were asleep.

Rishab: Yeah...

Soon rishab too settled down on the table, next to his mom, taking a seat right in front of Manik. The dinner was served while the conversation kept on going. Nandini stayed exceptionally quite, only participating when needed at too in least words needed. The couple talked business with Manik, while Rishab answered the questions being asked to him fondly.

Manik: So Rishab... I here that u hv decided to stay here in Mumbai now, so what clg are u thinking to get into...

Rishab: SPACE Academy...
Rishab smiled at him.

Manik: Ohh that was my clg too, its a great place.... And I m sure U r going to enjoy a lot!!! And that is not just in studies....
Manik winked at him making him laugh.

"Ow!" Manik turned towards Nandini who had just hit him on his arm.

Nandini: Stop teaching him rubbish...
Nandini said to Manik while Rishab continued laughing. It was then that Manik noticed both her parents glaring at her for hitting him. He noticed Nandini looking at them too and decided to cheer her up.

Manik: Come on Nandini... Its clg!! And I hope u r not expecting him to pass it like u passed urs....

Nandini turned her attention back towards him listening to his teasing tone and asked,
Nandini: What exactly do u mean??

Manik ignored her question and said to rishab,
Manik: Rishab, a warning for u... Any advises needed, u can come to me, don't dare ask ur sister.... She is the most boring person I hv ever known....

Rishab laughed at him while Nandini's jaw dropped.

Nandini: Manik Malhotra... U r gonna stay away from my brother, I don't want him to turn into a spoilt brat like u..

Mrs. K: NANDINI... Language!!
Manik looked up at her watching her smile fade away as her face hardened again. Rishab too got back to his plate as silence stretched again.

Mrs. K: Manik... Have these Mushrooms dear... U r not eating anything??
Mrs. K said passing him the dish while Manik smiled and served some for himself. He then passed it over to rishab who too took some and kept it back.

Mrs. K: Nandini... Hv some!!
She said slowly yet in an ordering tone making Nandini answer back politely,
Nandini: No I m fine...

Mrs. K: Come on take some... Its good!! I m sure u would like it...
She said again in a sugar coated voice smiling at Manik while Nandini again said softly.

Nandini: No.. Thanks!!

Mrs. K: Nandini... Have-

Rishab: Enough Mom....
Rishab spoke up sternly keeping the dish away. He looked straight at his Mom and said in a clipped tone.

Rishab: Di is allergic to Mushrooms... She can't eat that!!

Mrs. K turned shut at his words while Manik looked at Nandini who continued eating with a straight face, oblivious to the fact that her own birth mother didn't know anything about her.

Manik: Ohh yes Nandini... I forgot to tell u, Mom invited u for breakfast tmrw mrng...
Manik said turning towards Nandini willing to change the topic badly.

Nandini: Anything special??

Manik: I don't think so... She just says that she "misses u"!!
Manik said quoting the last two words using his fingers making Nandini smile.

Nandini: Sure... I'll be there!!

Manik: Great... Don't drive, ask ur driver to drop u off. We'll drive together from there.... I just hv some work at office and then both of us will head straight back on road to Pune...

Nandini: Hmn... Thats fine!!
Nandini replied when Mr. Kapoor interrupted,

Mr. K: Pune?? U r going to Pune?

Manik: Actually sir, we hv a si-

Nandini: We both hv planned just a casual day out....
Nandini said stopping Manik. Manik looked at him confused but said nothing while her parents maintained a blank face at the information.

Manik: Hey Rishab... Do u have any special plans this weekend??
Manik asked excitedly drifting the seriousness again.

Rishab: No nothing yet... Why??

Manik: Well I was thinking why don't u join us?? I mean, we had decided to get away this weekend to Goa... U should join us!!
Manik invited him, and as expected a smile came over Nandini's face. She looked at Manik and blinked her eyes at him as if thanking him.

Rishab: Umn... I m not sure, I mean I don't know anyone-

Manik: Ohh come on... Its just me, Nandini and a few of our friends, I guarantee u its gonna be fun??

Rishab's eyes broadened at his words as he looked at Nandini.
Rishab: Di.... Di agreed???

Manik smirked at her as he replied,
Manik: Well, no one can resist Manik Malhotra's charm... She had to agree....

Nandini rolled her eyes at him with a small smile on her face making Mr. And Mrs. K look at each other.

Rishab: Wow.. Thats new!!

Manik: So u r in??
Manik asked again. Rishab looked at his parents once and asked,

Rishab: Mom, Dad??

Mr. K: Sure son... Go ahead!!
Mr. K smiled at him and nodded.

Manik: Great... So we'll be leaving Friday evening and get back by tuesday morning as we all hv got work.

Rishab: Cool...
Rishab smiled while Mrs. K had her eyes fixed at Nandini waiting for her to take permission from them while Nandini simply ignored.

Manik: Ms. Moorthy!! None of ur excuses r gonna work coz this time, I m going to make u crazy!!
Manik winked at Nandini while both her parents stopped eating listening to him call her Ms. Moorthy....

Mrs. K: Umn... Kapoor!!! Its Kapoor, Manik....

Manik turned towards her at her words and nodded sternly,
Manik: Ohh yes... Sure Mrs. Kapoor!!

Nandini stopped eating at this and clenched her fists over the table. Manik noticed it and moved his hand over hers, holding it tight. His touch made Nandini look up at him as she loosened up her grip and slowly opened up her fist as Manik entwined their fingers together.

This action didn't go unnoticed by anyone on the table at which rishab simply smiled and the rest two frowned.

Mrs. K: So Manik.... U and Nandini hv been friends for quite some time here... Since, its been a few months that she has been here!!

Manik: Yeah.... Its been quite some time...

She smiled broadly at him as she continued talking.
Mrs. K: U know Nandini is like that only... She makes friends so easily, that u won't even believe!! U know she has so many friends, from school, clg, out here.... Even a few days back, some of her friends were out here... They had such a great time together, it was so gud to see and even-

Nandini: OHK ENOUGH.....
Nandini shouted suddenly, dropping her fork over her plate.

Nandini: Can't u just stay shut and finish off this so called dinner.... Why the hell do u think, I will appreciate u talking about me??

Mr. K: Nandini... Calm down and eat ur dinner!!

Nandini: I m so so sorry Mr. and Mrs. Kapoor but u guys seriously don't need to act out, just bcoz we hv Manik here with us.. I assure u this dinner will in no way change ur business relationship with him or his company. Neither in a positive, nor in a negative way... He thankfully isn't anything like you people out here... So Plz Shut The Fuck Up!!!

Mrs. K: NANDINI..... Mind ur words...

Nandini: Why?? Only u r allowed to use these words? Well, just to enlighten u... Manik was the one who received the very amazing call that u made to me day before yesterday, so clearly, he knows whose who out here...

Nandini shouted at her, making her face turn pale. She looked at Manik, who had his eyes fixed towards Nandini.

Nandini: And yes, u clearly don't need to tell anything about me to him... Coz he knows me in a much much better way than u two do!!  This clearly isn't the first time that he is over to this house. He has been here countless times and heard a lot of ur crap...... And yes, not to forget, he too was amongst those friends, who accordingly to u, had a lot of fun over here a few days back.

Manik: Nandini... Calm down!!
Manik said slowly at her making her lower down her volume...

Nandini: No Manik.... Why should I?? I mean just see how shameless these people are!! They hv the audacity to talk to u about me, when they hv hardly seen me about 10 times in the past four months that I m staying in the same house and talked even less...

She turned back towards her parents and asked,
Nandini: Why r u telling him? Tell me na, what do u know about me??

No one at the table said anything to her while her parents kept glaring at her to shut up.

Nandini: Here I m ur so called daughter... Do u even know what this daughter of urs does?? Do u know what was I studying in London? Do u even care enough to ask me once where do I be the entire day, from the time u even wake up to late at night.... Have u cared enough even for once, as to how am I doing out here?? NO RIGHT.... WELL, U DO MAKE REALLY AMAZING PARENTS!!

Nandini clapped for them making them look away.
Nandini: Well, even though u don't care lemme just answer these questions... I have been working in The RM Industries as the Senior Design Consultant.... Manik along with being a really very close friend, works with me. And we r going for a site visit to Pune tmrw!! Now Thank u very much for this amazing FAMILY DINNER, but I m done!!

With this Nandini got up from the table and picked up her phone to leave. She was about to turn away when Manik held her hand and said,
Manik: Nandini wait!!

Nandini turned towards him, her eyes red in anger meeting his when he blinked his eyes.
Manik: Sit down and finish off ur dinner!!

Nandini: Manik u-

Manik: Shh.... Just sit!!
Manik said to her softly. But she didn't even bulge from her place.

Manik: Just calm down and eat Nandini...
He said again caressing her hands again making her sigh as she sat back.

Manik entwined their fingers together holding her hand close, willing to calm her down as he turned towards her parents.

Manik: Umn!! I m really sorry for that.....
He said formally making them shocked while Nandini snorted.

They ate in silence after that with no word from Nandini or her parents while a light conversation kept going on between Manik and Rishab. Nandini didn't eat much after that and stayed shut.

Mr. K continued his food without a word while Mrs. K had her eyes fixed over to Manik's hand on the table, which was entwined with nandini's, as he kept on moving his thumb over her fingers, willingly calming her down.

They were all done with the dinner when Manik said to Mr. And Mrs. K.
Manik: Now I guess I should leave... Thank u very much for the dinner!

Mr. and Mrs. K greeted Manik formally after which he turned to Rishab, they exchanged phone numbers, willing to get in touch when Manik turned towards Nandini.

Nandini: Bye Manik... See u tmrw!!
Nandini said in a clipped tone not even looking at him and turned around to walk away.

Manik frowned at her and turned towards Rishab when a smile came over his face.

He rushed ahead to reach Nandini and held her hand stopping her.

Nandini: Manik what-
Nandini was saying something when Manik turned towards rishab.

Manik: Rishab... Up for some Ice-cream??

Rishab: Now??
Rishab asked with a smile when Manik winked at him.

Manik: Obviously... I hope u don't wish for a volcano to burst out tonight.
Manik said teasingly and eyed Nandini who kept on glaring at him trying to break free from her gaze.

Rishab: Absolutely...
Rishab chuckled and walked towards him. Manik turned around towards the main door and pulled Nandini along.

Nandini: Manik... Leave me plz, I don't want anything!!

Manik: Come on Nandini.... There is nothing that One Belgium Dark Chocolate Ice Cream can't change...

Rishab: Hey thats Di's favorite...
He smiled broadly.

Manik: I know... Now come or else I'll hv to pick u up!!
Manik said and winked at Nandini as he pulled her out of the house with Rishab behind them, leaving a angry, confused, stunned couple behind.

-----------------------------
Official Rishab's entry!!

Isn't he too cute??

How was the update ppl.... Do comment and share ur views😉😉

Love
-Navya😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 7.8K 30
Manik and Nandini were in love with each other ... they were inseparable. After so many difficulties and problems they had came together but sometime...
156K 7.8K 41
This is the story of our favorite couple Manan😘😘. Manik and Nandini gets their dream wedding. Their life was smoothly going but suddenly everythin...
96.5K 5.1K 17
What happens when two persons so much in love got separated bcoz of one dreadful incident happened in their beautiful life.... Will they ever met aga...
Mr & Mrs By Tara

Fanfiction

7.1K 813 11
A newly married couple. One of them was not ready for the marriage. And other one was falling for the first one. Now what will happen when one wants...