Life With the Newsies- One Sh...

By PineapplesAndPapes

A collection of one shots starring everybody's favorite newsboys. These will be Modern AU's, Post-strike, Pre... More

The Beginning of Another Chapter
Davey aka The Walking Mouth Learns to Drive
Life at the Races
Cousins and A Couple of Lovestruck Teenagers
Crutchy Makes Cookies
Flavi Meets the Newsies
The Aftermath of Crutchy Making Cookies
Newsies In Neverland
Find Your Future
Fly Away With Me
Beauty and the Bad Boy
The Girl With the Journal
Crutchy's New Friend
Those You Thought You Lost
Christmas On the Fire Escape
Trip A Little Light Fantastic With Me
Brothers Of the Battlefield
Fragments Of the Past
Swingin' In The Summertime
What A Glorious Feeling
Albert the Weatherman
Elley Sells Papes
Wait For Me
Jack of All Tales
Let It Snow
The Holiday Dance And All That Entails
The Saga of Sky High
Shenanigans of St. Patrick's Day
The Jedi and Rebel Newsies
The Craziness At Coney Island
The Rumbles That Tumble
A Change of Heart
Seventeen And Quarantined
The Hoodie Thieves
You've Got Him Wrapped Up In....Christmas Lights?
Pulitzer's Newsie
The Lost Newsie
All That Jazz
Christmas of Companionship and Chaos
Ghostly Encounters
Jack Kelly: Boys In Newsie Caps
When Dreams Become Nightmares

On the Run

151 5 51
By PineapplesAndPapes

Post-Strike (After Find Your Future at least, maybe Beauty and the Bad Boy)

Warning: Mentions of abuse. I am not doing this to make light of abuse and I think that abuse should not be taken lightly. I just thought I would warn you because the majority of this one happens in the Refuge.

23gatkins, this one is for you!! Thank you for lending me Pups!! She will be a good addition to the story!

Georgia hates running. She has never been on the run for this long before and she absolutely hates it. Normally, she could disappear into the regular life of New York City for a little while before they found her. They being her abusive parents that never seemed to leave her alone. She had never felt more terrified than she had in her short 13 years. This had been the third time in the past month that her parents had sent Snyder, the warden at the juvenile prison known as the Refuge, after her. Georgia hates him about as much as she hates her parents for doing this to her. If she gets caught, the punishment is going to be the same either way. Snyder would do it worse. The scars on her back tells the whole story. One snakes its way down her arm and Georgia gets a glance of it as she runs through the streets. The night she received it was absolutely terrible. Her parents had abused her simply for bringing home a stray puppy off the streets of Manhattan. Georgia had cried so hard that night as her father kicked the puppy back out onto the street, muttering something under his alcohol stricken breath about how mutts like the one that had been in his tiny apartment belonged on the streets. That night, Georgia vowed to run away someday. Now, she hopes that that someday is finally here. The pounding of boots sounds nearby and Georgia jumps at a nearby fire escape. She quickly scrambles to the top and notices an open window. Without thinking, the thirteen year old girl tumbles through and onto a brown hardwood floor. The sound of her entry fills the room and before she can clearly register what has happened, Georgia is surrounded by a large group of boys. Then she hears the angry shouts of the police officers below.

"I saw her jump in the window! She's in the Lodging House!" Georgia growls and rolls over onto her side. The group of boys all exchange nervous glances.

"Youse in some kind of trouble wid da bulls?" One of the boys asks and another one nudges him.

"Obviously, ya nitwit. She ain't gonna be dat upset if she ain't!" The second boy scolds and Georgia groans again. The cops continue shouting angrily at the fact that they cannot find Georgia. Suddenly, a tall boy leaps through a second open window. He has dark hair and hazel eyes that tell Georgia that he is on her side no matter what. The boy comes to stand over her and asks,

"Youse da reason da bulls are in a frenzy down dere?" Georgia nods and the boy pulls Georgia to her feet. "What's ya name?"

"Georgia," She responds quickly, glancing around to make sure that the cops do not catch her. The boy starts to move towards the window that he just came out of.

"Nice ta meet youse, Georgia. Jack Kelly, at ya service. Ya need ta get away for a liddle bit?" He asks and Georgia nods quickly. Jack puts one foot out of the window and back down on the fire escape. He offers a hand to Georgia and she takes it. Jack pulls her out onto the fire escape and he doesn't let go as they start to run up to the roof of the building. The shouts of the police officers can be heard from their place on the rooftop. Jack looks her in the eye. "Ya trust me?" Georgia, despite her feelings to not really want to trust him, sees she has no other choice. She nods and Jack pulls her over to the next building. The officers see them do this and before they know what is happening, they are surrounded.

"Well well well, if isn't Jack Kelly and Little Miss Georgia? Two of my favorite charges at the Refuge," Snyder says excitedly and Jack growls.

"Get lost, Snyder. Ya ain't been on da force in almost three months. How did ya get da cops on ya side?" Jack responds, holding on tight to the younger girl. Snyder cackles and responds with a beckoning finger,

"You goofy boy. Come down here and I shall tell you the whole story as I throw you and Georgia in the Refuge for good. No one will hear your cries from there." Georgia looks at Jack nervously. Jack glares at the jail warden.

"Youse a coward for not tellin me da whole story, Snyder," Jack responds and Snyder stiffens at the comment.

"I don't care what you think, boy. Nor do I care of what your apparent friend thinks," Snyder states and looks at them closely. "I didn't think that New York's finest jail birds would become friends. Maybe accomplices. All the better excuse to lock you both up for good." Jack and Georgia both shoot angry looks at the group on the street. Snyder crosses his arms and looks up at them. "Now, are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?" Jack grabs Georgia and they take off as fast as they can. He pulls over rooftops until they come to the end and see a fire escape. The two take the fire escape, but are surrounded by Snyder and his goons as soon as they land on the ground. Snyder cackles and nods to the police officers. "We've won, men." Jack stands in front of Georgia, but two of the police officers grab her from behind. She struggles to break away from them, but they do not let her go. Jack throws a punch, but only to have it caught by one of the goons. Police officers come and handcuff the two teenagers and throw them in a carriage. Jack's head slams against one of the benches and he falls unconscious. Georgia hurriedly tries to wake him up.

"Jack, come on. Please wake up. I need your help!" She begs, shaking him harder with every passing second that the Newsie leader remains unconscious. Jack does not move and Georgia groans in frustration. Snyder climbs in and looks at the struggling girl. 

"Well, I'm glad that you seem to be adjusting to my accommodations just fine," He snarls with a laugh. "Mr. Kelly seems very comfortable considering what has happened to him recently." Georgia casts a glance at the boy next to her and tries to shield him from Snyder. Unfortunately, this does not stop Snyder from coming over. He yanks up Jack's sleeve revealing a deep purple scar on Jack's shoulder. "This is what happen to children who misbehave or try to leave before their time is up. I will be obeyed at all times." Georgia glares at him.

"I will nevah listen ta youse. All youse want is a couple o extra bucks from me parents. I ain't goin back wid dem," She states and Snyder laughs outright.

"Smart girl. That's right. You are going to stay here with me. Forever. I'm sure you and Mr. Kelly will find your new lives most comfortable," Snyders responds and Georgia frowns at him. She glances around the carriage. There has to be some sort of way out that she cannot see yet. Georgia notices Jack beginning to stir a little bit and Georgia starts to shake him awake again. Suddenly, the carriage stops and two men yank Georgia to her feet. Jack is pulled in between two men and they march the two new prisoners into the Refuge. Snyder shoves Georgia into one cell and Jack into another. The doors lock and Georgia runs over to the barred window. Her small fingers wrap around the bars as she gazes out onto the grim courtyard below.

"Jack!" Georgia shouts, wondering if he can hear her. The only response she gets is a banging on the door from one of the officers, telling her to be quiet. Georgia slams her fists gently down on the concrete wall. She feels tears gradually start to roll down her cheeks.  Why did her parents have to send Snyder after her? She does not break down easily, but the frustration of the situation has driven her up the wall. Suddenly, Georgia hears the sound of a dog barking. Curious and confused, Georgia peeks out the window. A little puppy is running around in the courtyard and Georgia feels a small smile pop up onto her face. She has always loved puppies. Watching the little puppy chase something that Georgia cannot see is adorable. Suddenly, the cell door is swung open and Georgia whirls around. Two police officers advance on her and handcuff her. "Let me go!!" Georgia starts to shout. "You'se ain't real police officers," Georgia shouts again, trying to figure out what exactly is going on. Warden Snyder had somehow managed to either be released or escaped from the prison. That was obvious enough. Georgia's parents had become furious when they had heard the news that the Newsies had won their strike and with Governor Roosevelt's approval put Snyder in prison. These police officers definitely had some sort of part in getting him out of jail at some point recently. Snyder must have some sort of agenda that he is sticking to and Georgia hopes she and Jack can destroy it or put it off long enough for someone to help them. The two police officers continue to walk her through the halls until they arrive at Snyder's old office. Snyder swivels around in his desk chair dramatically with a wicked grin on his face.

"Welcome back to the Refuge, Georgia!! I hope you enjoy your stay. I know I will," Snyder greets her and Georgia glares at him. His face suddenly darkens and he nods to the girl. "Tie her up." The police officers shove Georgia into a chair and leave her hands handcuffed. Snyder tosses them some rope and a cloth.  Georgia struggles against them, trying to make it as hard as she can for the two officers. One of the officers pulls something from his pocket and dumps it onto the cloth. Georgia struggles until one of the men presses it hard over her nose and mouth. She struggles not to breathe it, but to no avail. Her eyes start to flutter closed and her head swivels to the side.  The other officer bounds Georgia's wrists and ankles tightly to the chair. Snyder nods as he looks over at the bound girl.  He walks over to her and smiles. The binds on her wrists and ankles preventing her from moving. "Oh, Georgia. If only you knew what I have in store for you."

A Few Hours Later

Jack's head hurts. His hand flies to his head to ease the pain and he slowly sits up. He glances around his surroundings and immediately gasps.  Suddenly, everything from the past few hours comes flying back all at once. Georgia. Snyder. The cops helping Snyder. Jack takes another look at his surroundings and he now knows exactly where he is and he needs to get out. Now. Escaping is not the easiest thing, but Jack has done it twice before. He has no choice but to do it again. Jack has to do it not just for Georgia, but for Katherine, Davey, Crutchy and the rest of the Newsies. He looks around the cell. There has to be some sort of place to escape. Some faint scratch lines on the wall capture his attention. Jack walks over for a closer look to see that there is a name scratched into the wall. Split sticks out clearly to Jack and he smiles. Jack had known Split back when he was a Newsie. The kid had gained his nickname for not staying in one place for too long. Split had always been on the move. He had only been a Newsies for six months to a year before he went off and did something else. Apparently, he had wound up here at some time. Split had been about a year or so older than Jack, if Jack was remembering correctly. Most of the Newsies had been in the Refuge at one point or another, so it was not surprising to see Split's name carved into the wall.  Split also made it known that he had been in a place by doing this. Jack ran his fingers over his old friend's name. He misses Split and wishes he could see him again, but knowing Split, he probably wasn't even in New York anymore. Rubbing his fingers over Split's name opens a small space in the wall. Jack jumps a little in surprise. He doesn't remember the Refuge ever having any kind of secret passage way. Jack sees a small journal in the secret compartment. He opens it and sees Split's messy handwriting scrawled across the pages. Split wrote about the rumors of the secret passageways and how he was determined to find them. Jack reads it all as sort of nonsense language until he gets to a certain part.

The floors and the walls hold stories untold.

Jack stares at the writing and blinks. This has to be some sort of code. Split was never known for writing in codes, but this seemed important. He had just been trying to help other kids escape. Kids like Jack. Holding the journal in his hand and closing the compartment, Jack looks around the room. He sees a piece of concrete with some faint indents in it. Maybe it was what Split had been referring to. Jack shrugs. He would never know unless he tries. Jack kneels down and presses on the piece of floor. It spins and starts to open up to a ladder below. Jack hears footsteps coming towards his cell. He quickly hurries down the ladder and searches in the dark for something to press. Jack finally finds a button and presses it hard. The secret passage way swivels shut above him and he does not waste anytime leaving. Pitch black darkness surrounds Jack as he tries to silently maneuver the secret passageway. He sticks out both of his arms. Eventually he runs into a wall and stops for a second. Jack sticks one arm out to the right and takes two steps. Another wall meets his hand. He tries the left and succeeds. This carries on for quite some time and he makes it to an opening. Jack pushes up and finds himself in Snyder's office. He climbs the tiny ladder only to see Snyder, sitting in his desk chair with his feet propped up on his desk.

"Well hello there, Mr. Kelly! How nice of you to join us. You see I was just about to begin something with Georgia, but your appearance would make a fine substitute, don't you think?" Snyder asks, standing up to look Jack in the eye. Jack tries to avoid the man's gaze. "Look at me when I talk to you!!" Snyder yells, grabbing Jack's chin. Jack slaps Snyder's hand away.

"Don't touch me," Jack growls, "You'se broke outta jail, snatched me an an innocent goil off da street, den ya bring us back ta dis nightmare of a place, an now here youse are, wantin ta us kill both a us off. What more could youse possibly want?" The older man cuffs the teenage boy on the ear. Jack holds his ear and glares at the man. His gaze lands on Georgia and his eyes widen. Jack sees her tied up in the chair and unconscious. "What did youse do ta her?" Jack yells, pointing at Georgia. Snyder picks a club up from the corner of his office. Jack instantly feels nervous. Snyder raises his arm to smack the club on Jack's head and knock him unconscious, but Jack catches the club before it smacks down on his head.

"Let go of the club, you ridiculous boy!" Snyder shouts furiously. Jack holds on tight and glares at the man.

"Nevah!" He shouts back. Snyder snarls and pulls hard on the club, but it doesn't faze Jack all that much. The police officers start thundering down the hallway. Georgia starts to stir and groan. Snyder pulls harder and Jack lets go for a split second. He runs to the office door and locks it. The cops are not going to make this situation any better and all they are going to do is beat up on him and Georgia. Snyder, who doesn't realize that he is standing right in front of Georgia, swings the club back and smacks Georgia hard across the face with it. Georgia shouts loudly and Jack whirls around to see what is happening. Snyder turns around to face Georgia and grins wickedly,

"How nice to see you awake, Miss Georgia. Now the fun can begin." Jack thinks quickly and snatches the club out of Snyder's hand. Georgia shoots a worried smile in Jack's direction. To distract Snyder, Georgia states,

"I don't think I'm gonna like your idea of fun." Snyder glares at her and gets closer to her.

"Oh trust me, you'll learn," Snyder states again and Georgia shifts angrily in her binds. She discovers that she can lean and that is what she does. Georgia leans the chair forward and causes herself to fall on top of Snyder, pinning him to the ground. Snyder angrily starts to shout at her and Jack intervenes quickly. He punches Snyder in the face a few times and Snyder falls unconscious. Jack helps Georgia up and searches Snyder's office for something to cut Georgia free with. Rummaging around through Snyder's desk, Jack's eyes widen at what he sees inside. A pistol lies inside in of one of the desk drawers right next to a knife. A freshly sharpened knife. Jack takes the knife and cuts Georgia's ropes with it. The two can still hear the police officers around the outside of the door, shouting about some nonsense that Jack doesn't care about. The secret passage way has remained open the whole time, so Jack pulls Georgia over to it. Jack and Georgia run into it and they try to feel their way through the maze of passages. After bumping into a few walls, they eventually find some kind of ladder. Jack climbs up it and pushes up. The hallway spans out in front of him and Jack climbs out. He helps Georgia up the ladder and out into the open. When Jack looks at her, he notices a large bruise forming on her face. The police officers are still shouting a couple corners down the hall from them, so Georgia and Jack sneak down to the doors. Georgia tries to open the door just incase the guards were dumb enough to leave the door unlocked. Unfortunately, that was the one thing the police officers had remembered to do. Just as Georgia and Jack are trying to come up with a plan, Georgia notices something shiny on the wall.

"Jack, look!" She whispers quickly and she points to the ring of keys hanging on a nail. So, maybe Snyder's cronies were not the sharpest tools in the shed, but in this situation, neither Jack nor Georgia cares. Georgia and Jack exchange an excited look and she grabs the keys. The two try about seven keys before they find the right one. Once they do, Jack silently pushes the door open for Georgia and the two run as fast as they can back toward the Manhattan Newsies Lodging House. Unfortunately, the cops hear them escape. Jack scales the gate and Georgia skillfully follows him up the black iron gate. The two drop down to the street only to see the cops gaining on them.

"Dis way!" Jack yells and Georgia quickly follows him. Suddenly, three girls, who appear to be Newsies, wave at Jack.

"Hi, Jack!" Falcon yells excitedly and Jack waves as he tries to keep running.

"Jack, what's wrong? Is Oscar bothering you again?" Katie asks as she crosses her arms. Jack shakes his head and nods to an alley. The three girls follow the pair into the alley.

"Da bulls. Can youse distract em sos I'se can get her ta da Lodging House?" Jack asks and the three girls nod.

"We'se would be happy to," Flavi says with a sweet smile.

"Just stay here until we give you the signal," Katie whispers. Falcon shoots a wide grin at Jack.

"If only Albert was here ta see dis," Falcon beams. The three girls take off back into the open street. Seconds later, loud screams pierce the busy daily activity of the area. Jack pulls Georgia further back into the alleyway as the cops run past them. Georgia nearly laughs at how much the cops believe the incident that the girls are describing to be real.

"Oh, officer! So glad you came!" One of the girls, presumably Falcon, says.

"My money! All of my money was stolen by this rascal of a thief!" Katie wails and she begins to sob.

"Mine too!" Falcon shouts, "He said he's going to hurt us too! Please go find him!! My friends and I are so worried!!"

"Which way did he run, ladies?" One of the officers asks politely. The fact that the officers can play the role of a kind officer and the role of a nasty person who wants to keep the streets free of homeless kids amazes and scares Georgia. She can already tell that she is going to like these girls.

"That way," Flavi's soft voice replies. She, being introverted and quiet, has a much harder time with the acting, but the fake concern in her blue eyes urges the officers to hurry.

"We'll take care of him for you," says the officer quickly and he and his men take off in the opposite direction of the Lodging House. A few minutes later, Flavi comes running back.

"You can come out now. They're gone," She says kindly.

"Tanks, kid. Youse a gem," Jack says to his first female Newsie before walking out onto the street with Georgia. As they walk onto the street, Georgia tugs nervously on her blond hair. The busy world of New York City swirls by and Georgia takes it all in. Her parents hardly ever let her out into the busy streets of Manhattan back when she was living with them. That reminds her. Where on earth is she going to go? Jack surely won't let her live in a place with a bunch of boys, but it seems obvious that he knows these girls. Maybe Georgia could live wherever they do.  She is too shy to ask them of course. Much too shy. Maybe they will just tell her or she will find out. As she ponders her future, a puppy wanders into the street. Georgia grins and kneels down next to it.

"Hey dere, pups!"  She says excitedly. Georgia starts to pet the puppy and the puppy starts to lick her hand. The four Newsies behind her watch as the young girl starts to play with the puppy. "You're so cute. I wish you could come home with me. Not like I have a home ta go to anymore." Georgia continues playing with the puppy.

"Ya need a place ta stay?" Jack asks and Georgia, who momentarily forgot about her new friends, turns around.

"Yea, dat would be nice," She replies shyly as she continues to play with the puppy.

"We'se could teach ya ta be a Newsie!" Falcon exclaims excitedly and Georgia nods.

"She needs a Newsie name first," says Katie quickly and the other three Newsies nod.

"Youse seems ta really like dogs," Jack suggest and Georgia blushes a little bit.

"Yea, I'se loved dogs since I was little," She admits while scratching the little dog behind its brown ears. A calm silence falls over the small group as Georgia plays with the puppy.

"What if we'se calls ya Pups?" Falcon asks.

"Yea," Georgia, now Pups, agrees as she stands to her feet. The little puppy prances around her ankles.

"Dat's a cool Newsie name," Flavi says.

"Pups is so cute!" Katie agrees. Pups turns to face Jack.

"I'se approves. Ya goils got some clothes back at da Lodging House dat Pups could use?" Jack asks the three Newsie girls and they nod. 

"You need the clothes before you are officially a Newsie," Katie explains, "and Jack has to initiate you into the Manhattan Newsies." The group starts walking and the puppy starts to follow. Pups turns around and scoops up the small dog.

"Jack? Can Pups have a pup? It only seems right," Falcon says and Jack sighs.

"Falcon, youse knows how Kloppman feels about animals in da house," Jack reminds her and Falcon groans.

"One won't hurt," Flavi tries and Jack shakes his head. Pups puts the puppy down again and it starts running in loops around the girls.

"We'se could even call him Loops," Pups suggests. Jack thinks for a second.

"I guess one couldn't hurt, but youse know what dis means?" Jack asks and the girls shakes their heads. "Crutchy can get a kitten."

"Crutchy wants a kitten?" Flavi asks and Jack nods.

"Yeah, he'se been askin me bout it for da last couple o months now," Jack says and the girls grin. "So Pups, youse gotta train Loops ta like a kitten cuz Crutchy's gonna pick up da next one dat he tinks needs a home." The three Newsie girls all exchange excited smiles as they walk up to the Lodging House. Jack pushes open the door and yells some various names that Pups is confused about.

"What's with all da interesting names?" She asks Katie. Katie replies,

"Everybody has a Newsie name. I'm Katie, and my sister, Falcon is over there with the dark brown hair and eyes. She's a year younger than me. Flavi, Dots is her Newsie name, is over there with the dark black hair and blue eyes. Falcon and I's brother is Racetrack Higgins and he is over there." Katie points out her brother and Pups nods.

"Thanks," She says and Katie pulls her back to the closet that the three girls share. Loops trails behind. Flavi finds a pair of pants, Katie finds some cute boots, and Falcon finds a shirt. Pups takes the first clothing articles and changes. Falcon takes a step back and smiles.

"Ya look great, kid. Dots, give this kid a hat," Falcon says and Pups notice a smirk slide across Falcon's face in Flavi's direction. Flavi's face reddens as she goes over to her little corner of things in the room. She pulls out an old hat and tosses it to Pups. Pups turns to the tiny mirror that Kloppman had just recently bought the girls and admires herself. The brown shirt, the pants, the boots, and now the cap all make Pups a Newsie.

"The hat used to be my brother's," Katie explains to Pups and she nods.

"Ready ta show Jack?" Falcon asks excitedly and Pups nods. The four girls exit the closet and enter the lobby of the Lodging House. Jack is talking to a boy with a crutch, who Pups assumes to be Crutchy.

"Whoa! Who's da new kid?" Racetrack exclaims excitedly and Pups blushes. Flavi, who is now standing next to Race, elbows him in the stomach. "Dots!" Race scolds his friend and she chuckles at his frustration. Jack shouts out into the room,

"Ey! Anybody seen Mouth and Les yet?" The Newsies shake their heads and two seconds later, a tall boy and a short boy enter the Lodging House. "Davey! Took ya long enough! Youse late today!" Jack greets his friend and the two go in for a quick hug.

"Yeah, selling was a little slow this morning," Davey replies and Jack steps forward.

"Well, now dat everyone's here, we'se got ta welcome someone ta da Newsies," Jack announces and all of the heads in the room swivel to look at Pups. Pups looks around nervously. She has never been in a room with so many people before. Jack walks over to her. "So, what do youse tink, Pups?" Jack asks, "Ya ready ta be a Newsie?" Pups nods. Jack spits into his hand and extends it out to Pups. She stiffens nervously.

"It's okay if you don't shake, Pups!" Davey assures her, "I didn't shake and I still became a Newsie. I think it's disgusting." Jack rolls his eyes at his friend.

"Don't mind him. He's bein ridiculous an smart just like always," Jack says and Pups surprises everyone in the room by spitting into her own hand. She shakes Jack's and every Newsie, including Davey, although he cringes as they shake hands, bursts into cheers. Jack lets go of her hand and the girls come up and give her hugs. Pups stiffen a little bit as they do, but remembers that they don't know her story. She just met them, but she will tell them. Make no mistake about that. She would tell them. 

"Congratulations!" Katie exclaims as she hugs Pups tightly. Jack exclaims loudly enough for everyone to hear,

"Welcome to the Manhattan Newsies, Pups!!" Once again, the whole room cheers and Pups beams. She has found a family and she is no longer on the run.

AN:/ There you go, 23gatkins!! I hope I wrote Pups well. I had a hard time starting this one, but I like how it ended. I hope you enjoyed it as well. Pups is not mine, she is 23gatkins's. Thanks for letting me use her, 23gatkins!! She is going to be a fun addition to this book and she is younger. Not a lot of my people are thirteen in this book, so it will be fun to have a younger girl. If you would like to join Pups, Flavi, Katie, and Falcon, you most certainly can! Just submit your request to me and please read through my guidelines in the description for this book!! Also, quick shout out to the other two peeps who have submitted. Their OCs also appeared in this story. Katie is BeckyMerari1808's, not mine. Falcon is Santa_Fe's, also not mine. My OCs in this particular chapter were Flavi and Split. I think that was it. If you don't recognize someone from the movie and they aren't one of my three mentioned peeps' OCs, then they are mine. I'm not sure if I get the credit for making Georgia's parents or not, so 23gatkins, they are yours if you want to take credit for them!! Anyways, there was a nod to the next oneshot that is coming. Brownie points if you can tell me what you think it is. Also, should Loops, Pups's dog, who is mine as well(forgot to mention that), be a boy dog or a girl dog? Please vote in the comments below!! Thank you to all of you lovely people who have been reading this book!! Because of you, I have over 550 views on this book!! How cool is that!! Anyways, what would you like to see more of? The oneshots? There's A Life That's Worth the Living? One of my non-Newsie books? Have any ideas for my 1950's book that is coming out soon? (If you are new to my mojo, go check out my wall/message board thingy, it will explain everything. Please go join the conversation on there!) Please let me know what you would like to see and if you would like to see a certain thing on the certain book. I am on fall break, so I want to put something else out. This one took me awhile just because it took a bit to get going, but I should be able to pull something else out too.  Thank you all for reading and please tell me what you think of this oneshot! I love feedback about these!! It helps me know what I can do better in the future. Thanks for reading! See you around, friends!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 292 20
A oneshot compilation for the broadway version of Newsies that began with someone else's typo (here's lookin at you, @omg_im_totes_biii): There are l...
34.3K 927 56
Everyone has a soulmate, they just don't know who. There a different ways you can find your soulmate, so how will The Newsies find theirs? Read as ou...
12.7K 125 16
Adie Gray, formerly Adelaide Walsh, enlists the help of a dear friend to run away from her abusive father. While on the streets, trying to survive, s...
7.1K 179 20
Suddenly, a person runs into David. He's taken by surprise by the impact. The two stumble back a little. That's when David sees who he ran into, some...