My twin

By Aseeyaaleeyu

My twin... Asmau and husna are very identical twins that even their parents can't differentiate them. They ar... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Hello

Chapter 14

3.6K 581 17
By Aseeyaaleeyu

Husna went inside the toilet for the fifth time throwing up, she'd been sick since she got back from Asmau's house, she couldn't go to her office today.

Hajiya hindu took her to the hospital and the doctor told them it was typhoid. He prescribed some drugs for her and they went back home.

Husna what will you do now? About your office, you just started it, it's 5days now...Gen omar said stroking husna's hair that was on his lap gently.

I'll just call my boss daddy, he's a very understanding man, I'm sure he'll understand, and besides I'm fine now, I can resume tomorrow...husna explained.

Nooo. That's not going to happen, you're not perfectly fine, just call him and tell him you need time to rest because you're sick...said Gen.omar.

Ok daddy...husna huffed.
After praying magrib,she strolled downstairs and she'd dinner together with her parent, she walked back to her room and flopped on her bed.

She picked up her phone and dialed Mr Ibrahim's number, her boss.
Good day mr Ibrahim...she greeted silently.

How are you doing miss omar? He asked.
I'm doing good sir, but I have a little problem that's why you didn't see me at the office today..she said nervously scratching the back of her head as if he was in front of her.

Ohhh yea, I noticed you weren't around today, what happened? I hope all is well? He asked worriedly.

She smiled before answering him."it's just fever sir, typhoid fever"

Ohhh no, o my god! How are you feeling now miss omar? He asked worriedly and she smiled in satisfaction, he's very understanding.

I'm well now sir, you need not to worry...she replied him with a smile on her lips.

You know what miss omar? You can take 2weeks to rest and recover fully, I know how thyroid fever is,it's not easy...he blurted out.

Noo sir, don't worry, I'm well now, I can return to work tomorrow...she quickly said. 2weeks is too much for her, she'll just be bored at home.

Miss omar, today is 21st of March right? So you'll return to work by 5th of April insha allah and that's final, you need to rest, don't stress yourself too much...he said with finality in his voice.

She huffed and closed her eyes, she knew she'll do the begging of her life but mr Ibrahim wouldn't let her return to work anytime soon, she'll miss many things! She thought.

Ok sir, thank you...she said curtly.
You're welcome, my regards to general omar...he said before ending the call.

What would I do with this 2 weeks? Just staying at home? And gradually boredom would kill me! She thought and groaned.

She called haula and told her about her sickness and what she discussed with mr Ibrahim, haula was happy saying she wished it was her, she'll rest for 2 weeks, but she felt sorry for her because of the sickness and she promised to visit her tomorrow.
********
It's been 5 days, 5 freaking days, Asmau has just 2 days left but couldn't find the right way to approach mahbub.

It's 8:00pm, she'd been pacing back and forth trying to plan something reasonable,just then, an idea popped into her head, "husna"...she screamed excitedly and quickly grabbed her phone from the side drawer and transferred 100thousand into husna's account and in no time, she saw husna calling, she smiled before answering the call.

Hey sister love...Asmau blurted out.
Cut it there, I just received an alert of 100thousand, what's the meaning of that?  The last time I checked you were not a billionaire, your husband is, so what's up? You're buying something with the money or what....husna blurted out all in one breath.

Asmau smiled before answering her " the money is for you husna, what are sisters for? I just feel like giving money to my one and only sister, or is it a crime?"

But Asmau you've never done that, you never give me even 1000 Naira, so what's with the sudden change? Husna asked confused about everything.

My husband is a billionaire, don't you remember that? And besides you're my only sister, you're the only person I can share things with...Asmau said getting irritated by husna's behavior, why won't she just let it be.

Husna huffed before muttering an "ok" and "thank you"

You're welcome sissy,my regards to mami and daddy please..Asmau said smiling widely as if husna could see her.

I'll insha allah, my regards to brother in law..husna said.
Ok, bye...she said before ending the call.

Mission 1 down! She thought and she smiled to herself plopping on her bed.

You look so happy....mahbub that just walked into the room said walking towards her.

Why won't I be happy when I have a very handsome, loving, caring and sexy husband like you... she said walking towards him and embraced him into a tight hug.

His heart melted and he smiles, Asmau's love is always growing in his heart day by day.
I'll take that as a complement, so that you so much my love...he said grinning from ear to ear..

You're welcome...she whispered before kissing him lightly on his lips. She's doing all this because she doesn't want him to suspect anything even when she's gone.

A small smile crept across his lips and he kissed the bridge of her nose before whispering "I love you" to her.

Let's go to bed...he said dragging her out of her room to his. She faked a smile and followed him.
******
The following day...

Make sure you finish this work before next tomorrow please,it's very important and don't misplace the file..Asmau's boss said handing her a file.

Ok sir, I'll finish it before that time insha allah..Asmau said with a small smile.

We have meeting next tomorrow, so I'll just collect it by that time..he said and she nodded slightly before walking out of his office.

She walked straight to Fatima's office(she's also working there) and begged her to handle that work because she'll be traveling tomorrow and she doesn't want anybody to no.

Fatima collected the file and promised her she'd handle it before wishing her safe travels.

When Asmau was done with office work, she called Farhan and told him they wouldn't be able to meet today because she'd be busy with her packing, they'll be going tomorrow.

She called husna and told her to get ready she'd be coming to pick her up. After much pleading, husna finally agreed and Asmau was beyond happy.

She arrived their shortly and she entered the house,she greeted Hajiya hindu and asked of Gen omar but Hajiya hindu told her he traveled to Dubai this morning and he won't come back till next week.

She strolled upstairs straight to husna's room and barged into the room without knocking.
"Let's go" she blurted out.

Husna huffed and grabbed her handbag before sauntering out of the room. She's still not comfortable with what Asmau was doing, she knew she's up to something.

They went to the shopping mall and Asmau told husna to take anything she wanted and she'll pay for it. Husna was shocked and confused at the same time but she shrugged it off and picked all that she wanted.

When they were done with the mall, it was already 6:00pm, she called mahbub and told him she's together with husna and they won't go back home anytime soon.

She drove to boom town restaurant, they ordered food and when they were halfway done with the food,Asmau cleared her throat before speaking.

I'll be traveling tomorrow...she said not looking at husna.

Ohhh, to where? Husna asked shoving a spoonful of Marconi salad into her mouth.
Lagos...Asmau answered curtly still avoiding her gaze.

With mahbub? Husna asked and this time she's looking straight at Asmau.
With Farhan...Asmau said not looking at husna.

Husna dropped her spoon and dragged her chair back silently examining Asmau's face before letting out a small laugh.
You're not serious...she said shaking her head.

I'm serious husna, and don't even think I'm insane, I'm perfectly fine and sane, we're going to Lagos tomorrow by 2:00pm...Asmau said silently still not raising her head up.

No Asmau, you're mad and you're an idiot...husna shouted because she couldn't hold it anymore.

Look husna, yes I'm mad, I'm madly in love with Farhan, and yes I'm an idiot but please I need your help, just hear me out... Asmau silently said and husna huffed rubbing her two palms together.

What is it? Husna asked looking at Asmau's head that was still down.

Asmau sighed before looking at husna straight in the eye.
Husna, I want you to act as me, i want you to stay with mahbub till I come back, I want you to act as his wife, as his Asma,I'll be spending 1week there and I promise you nobody will know about this, it's only between you and me, you can tell mami you're going to spend 1week at haula's house because you're bored or something, I'll sort out everything immediately I come back, I promise you, but you need to be Asmau for one week, I know I've asked you this kind of favor not ones not twice but I promise you this would be the last time, help your poor sister, the only sister you have in this world, help me husna..... Asmau finished with tears in her eyes.

Husna stared at her wide eyed shaking her head as hot tears were gushing out of her eyes.she stood up from her chair moving back still shaking her head muttering "no no no" under her breath her heart beating rapidly against her chest.

No please husna, don't do this to me, I swear I'll die if I lose Farhan again, I swear, I can't live without him... Asmau begged holding husna's hands.

Asmau I can't, you're just insane, o my god I can't believe you're doing this thing, it's against Islam, you're married for god sake, are you sure you're ok Asma? Husna yelled jerking her hands away.

Yes I'm insane husna....Asmau shouted throwing her hands up.
I'm insane...she added falling to the ground crying hardly, she just couldn't bare loosing him again.

You have to rethink Asmau, but this would be the biggest mistake you'll ever make in your life, so I'm not into this, bye... husna said grabbing her handbag and started walking towards the door.

And just know that this decision you made would be the biggest mistake of your life because you're loosing the only sister you have in this world, and the key to save her is in your hands...Asmau shouted loud enough for husna to hear.

Husna stopped on her track closing her eyes tightly and let Asmau's words to sink deeply into her heart. She sighed and let the tears to flow freely from her eyes before walking out of the restaurant. She entered a cab and went back home.

Asmau entered the restaurant rest room and washed her face, dap some powder and lipgloss. She made sure her face looked nice and mahbub wouldn't suspect anything before driving back home wearing the biggest fake smile of her life.

Husna locked herself in her toilet letting the tears to flow freely from her eyes. She cried like there's no tomorrow. She just couldn't believe the thing that happened.

She remembered how her sister once nearly died because of Farhan, she knew what Asmau told her was true, she could die, if she loose him again, she know she can't live without him. Husna let out a loud scream and let the irrational tears fell Unstrained.

She searched for her phone inside her handbag and started typing a message to Asmau.
"Hey sister, I understand what you're going through, I know how you love Farhan and I'm willing to do all you've asked, everything for my "twin sister" I love you to the moon and back and I can't stand seeing you hurting when I can wipe your tears so easily, it's only one week yeah? I can do it, and besides I won't resume to my internship till in the next 2 weeks, so it'd be easier, I love you sister, just be careful and promise me you'll take care of yourself"

She swallowed a big lump in her throat, her hands shaking and tears gushing down from her eyes before pressing on the send button.

She bursts out into a new series of tears, she knew she's making the biggest mistake of her life but she just couldn't stand seeing Asmau in pain and she could die because of Farhan.

2040 words.
Longest chapter ever...
Jumaat Mubarak.
Duk wanda beyi voting ba allah seya kamashi because ni kaina nasan I tried wallahi😂 oya vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.7K 4K 45
She knew this bus wasn't going to bring her to school today. She was afraid and scared that she would have to face this day. But it all happened and...
6.5K 305 7
Skylar Pierce wanted nothing to do with her new roommate. After all, it was a Muslim. A Terrorist. Trouble. The only memory she had of those horrible...
177K 11.3K 52
"Hey, baby?" I smile cheekily, grabbing Shreyan's attention and the girl beside him. He facepalms and looks at me, "Avyuktha?" "You look handsome, b...
109K 6.2K 23
I wish it would've happened like this like we were always meant to be together, nothing was there between us to pull us apart-but you had different p...