A Different Story - Kanto Jou...

By DarkWizard97

Ash Ketchum... What if Ash was not that dense? What if every action made by Ash was just an action? What if h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Character info (so far)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Prologue

4.1K 180 146
By DarkWizard97

Follow Ash Ketchum and his Journey throughout the Kanto Region to become a Pokemon Master! What obstacles and what evil will lurk in the shadow to do everything in their power to stop this potential young man? And who exactly is Ash's father? Everything will be answered in due time! But for now...let's start this story.

Pallet Town was just like every morning. Quiet, peaceful and the sunrise was terrific, especially if you had a great view from your place.

The 16 year old man stared through the window out at the sunrise in deep thoughts. Today was the day he would finally get his first Pokemon and finally begin his Journey. A goal he have been dreaming about for ages! That is to become a Pokemon Master! Was it easy, or hard? What kind of obstacles did you have to face when you start? Those kinds of thoughts ran through the male's mind as he sighed his head before standing up from the bed.

Unlike many others Ash decided to start his Journey quite late. Most started around 12 years of age, some even 10. He found that quite stupid, travel alone through regions at such an age, are they stupid or what? But that was not the only problem. Ash indeed decided to wait this long to help his mother. The two lived alone and he had never even met his father before. It was indeed a difficult time for his mother, even to this day but Ash was always there for her. To support her, help her with household and many other things.

Ash were often bullied, or not that often but by a certain person. The reason was mostly because he decided to start his Journey late, but also because Ash acted very dense against some people, one was Gary Oak. Oh, Ash could not wait until he sees that stupid boy's expression when he is completely humiliated by Ash at the Indigo League, it would be such a lovely sight. To prove everyone that doubted him and take over the Kanto Region with storm, then the next region and so on. To see their stupid faces stare in surprise, fear and admire him at the same time, oh how Ash could not wait for it. But for now Ash only had to focus on one thing and that is the present, no time for daydreaming all day!

"Ash, breakfast is ready!" The young male was completely woken up from his daydreaming at the tone of the way too familiar voice coming from the kitchen. Hell, he had to eat fast before running towards the Laboratory to get his starter. After all Ash did not want to be late, he wanted to get there in time to make sure he would get his starter without any trouble at all.

"Coming Mom!" The male growled as he walked out of his room and down the stairs to join his mother having their last breakfast together. The young mother did even seem worried, too worried in his opinion. "Do not worry mom, I will be alright. I promise." Ash spoke with a smile as he reached his hand to place it on her shoulder with a gentle smile on his lips. "I will call you every night to make sure I am alright, do not worry." The raven haired teen spoke in a mere whisper before returning back in his seat.

Finishing his breakfast quickly, Ash finally prepared himself to leave. Standing by the mirror he took a look at himself. A red cap, with a blue colored shirt with matching pants and last a red colored cape, with some golden decorations on it. In Ash's opinion he might look a bit too fancy with it but it was alright. Except for his outfit, Ash had matured a lot too, the 16 year old were now very handsome indeed even if he had the same scars on his face left you could tell he had grown up a lot, and was way taller than a few years back as well.

Grabbing his shoes to put on, the male glanced at the door in front of him before turning around to give his mother a hug and bid his farewell before he opened the door to leave the place that was once his home.

Just the very moment he got outside the house and he heard the sound of the door shut, the male let out a sigh before a wide grin curled up his lips.

"Finally, finally I am ready to become a Pokemon Master. Gary...all of you just wait and see, I will show you all what true power is." With that the male began running his way towards the professor's Lab. After all time was indeed flying, however Ash was there just in time and it seemed that no other trainer had come yet either. All Poke Balls where at their place like they should be.

Professor Oak had his usual smile whenever someone visited him and finally someone did. Ash, he was one of the three trainers that should get their first Pokemon today. "Oh, so I see you have finally returned here Ash, well what a luck then you have the choice to decide of all. So who do you want." The Professor spoke with his formal yet light tone.

"As expected from the future Pokemon Master..." the teen spoke with a happy grin as he walked towards the table to take a look at all the three pokeballs on the table. However after the introduction about all the starters Professor Oak had done, Ash could not help but feel slightly dissapointed. Sure both Charmander and Squirtle was cool, and Bulbasaur seemed to be a very clever one, but he felt like something was missing.

After a few moments of silence Ash finally broke it. "I do not know professor...all are great and all but it feels like something is missing..." Ash finished as he suddenly glanced around the room until he found another pokeball by the desk beside the window on the far end of the room and suddenly ran his way towards it. "Oh what is this!" The male whispered as he suddenly grabbed the Pokeball and took a look around it, the ball was different as well. It had a bolt on it, Ash could tell it was an electric type, after all it was not that hard to figure it out.

"B-but Ash..." the professor could not do anything but shaking his head before walking towards the naive boy. That Pokemon was very different. Oak had tried to get rid of that Pikachu to a trainer for awhile but never succeeded with that. Most trainers choose their starter but in this case, the Pokemon definately choosed his trainer. "That Pokemon...is very difficult to handle, it is not like any Pokemon..." the male whispered as he placed his hand by his face and just closed his eyes, however Samuel soon reacted quickly at Ash words in even greater surprise.

"I am not like any other trainer, Oak. I am going to become a Pokemon Master. I am not just an ordinary trainer! So this starter ain't alone on who is special!" Ash finished before he quickly tossed out the Pokeball, revealing the Electric Mouse Pokemon.

"Pika..Pikachu!" The Mouse Pokemon almost growled out as it got out from his Poké Ball. Not only did it seem to be quite the arrogant type, it also shined slightly darker than usual. This one was very rare indeed.

"Well Ash, I hope you know what you do..." Oak spoke as he watched the two trying to connect with each other.

Ash stepped closer towards the shiny Pokemon and bent down to face Pikachu. "Hey Pikachu...I am Ash Ketchum. Come with me, Let's have fun and conquer Kanto together."  Ash whispered in a low tone, only loud enough for the electric Pokemon to hear. Moving his arm, he reached for the pokemon to lift it gently up. The two had almost a minute of staring at each other before a "Pika...Chu chu!" was heard before he jumped onto Ash's shoulder, it was a sign of acceptance a sign that Ash was the right one. Turning around the male was ready to leave but first he received five Poke Balls and a PokeDéx before Ash could finally leave.

"Thank you Professor, I will make sure to contact you at times, see ya!" With that the young teenage boy ran his way out of the lab to finally leave Pallet Town.

"W-wait Ash I forgot to tell yo-" Samuel Oak could do nothing but shaking his head while chuckling. "That boy really have to rush everything that is not so clever but...maybe that does not matter. After all he is the chosen one, isn't he, my dear friend." The professor spoke while staring towards a photo. It was of Samuel Oak and another man, he was obviously a few years younger than Oak, probably at Delias age by now. He wore black clothes that fit to his black hair and wore a similar cape to the one Ash was wearing. "What have you really become...Kyle?"

Ash smiled as he stood by the hill, a smirk as he looked down, he could see from the distance Viridian City and down the hill was the route that was in the way. "My first journey. Let's show them Pikachu. Let's show them all who we are"

"Pika...chu!" The Mouse Pokemon squealed in confirmation. Obviously the Pokemon was just as confident and ready as Ash was.

"Well, then let the show begin!" With that the male finally began running down the hill towards the route to finally start his Journey.

Author's Note:

Wow, it truly feels good to be back after such a long absence. All I can tell is my writing is very rusty and I find this very bad. I will change some grammar in time but for now I rather want to focus on the plot!

Hope you guys enjoyed this little Piece of writing and maybe I might continue writing this, because as I said, I am so motivated for this haha!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 53 40
What if our heroes reacted to some clips of our favorite main character and his favorite electric mouse starter?. How would they react if our boy Ash...
20.8K 253 23
Book 1 Ash Ketchum had supposedly died in that Forest Fire created by the Boss of Team Rocket Giovanni after being betrayed by the ones closest to hi...
319K 4.2K 87
A story where there is a boy named Ash Ketchum that one day he will acquire a power, a power that can rival even a god. His power will outmatched eve...
974 25 3
Pokemon are peculiar creatures with a vast array of different abilities and appearances; many people, known as Pokemon trainers, capture and train th...