Contrite ✓

By -choleric

Best friends since they were kids, Ella is devastated when Harry leaves. Despite their promises of keeping in... More

Note.
Prologue.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Epilogue.

Chapter 36.

3.5K 91 15
By -choleric

"Did you pack everything?" Harry shouted from the living room.

"I hope so!" I yelled back as I stuffed the last pair of knickers in my weekend bag.

He appeared in the doorway, a smirk on his gorgeous face. "Need help?"

"No, I'm about done," I smiled.

Harry glanced at his watch before he stalked over and circled his arms around my waist, lifting me up. "We've got about fifteen minutes before they get here. Why don't we make the best of it?" he murmured against my lips.

"Thought you'd never ask," I breathed and gently bit down on his lower lip.

He turned around and put me down on top of the drawer, positioning himself between my legs. Our kisses were messy and feverish as he hitched my tight skirt up over my hips and pushed the clot covering my throbbing centre to the side.

His slender fingers moved up and down a couple of times before he pushed two of them inside me, making me groan and tilt my head back. Leaning forward, he placed open mouthed kisses to my neck, still slowly pumping his fingers in and out of me.

"I love how soaked you get for me, baby. I bet no one's never made you feel this way."

"No," I whined and pushed my hips forward to meet his hand.

"Greedy," he mumbled against my flushing skin and pulled back, withdrawing his fingers in the process.

In one swift movement, he unbuttoned his jeans and pushed them down together with his boxers. I grabbed his neck and pulled his head closer, pressing my lips to his.

I let out a loud moan as he without warning buried himself deep inside of me. Goosebumps rose over my arms and I panted heavily, circling my legs around his waist.

"Fuck. . ." he coarsely moaned against my mouth and started to move.

It was quick and hot but no less passionate than the other times.

Harry held on to my hips tightly, pulling me towards him while he thrusted forward, making him hit a spot inside of me I never knew existed.

My head fell back and black spots danced before my eyes and I could feel the sweet tingling sensation building up. Lingering heavily in the very pit of my stomach.

"I. . . I'm. . . I'm nearly there," I moaned in between thrusts.

Harry groaned and increased his movements even further. "Come for me, baby. I've got you."

"I love you," I breathed just as the pressure reached its peak.

"Holy fuck. I love you, too," he moaned. "And I love the feeling of you around my dick."

His words sent me over the edge in no time. I mumbled his name multiple times as I rode it out, feeling Harry twitch inside of me.

When we both came down to earth again, we grinned at each other.

Suddenly there was a knock on the front door and he glanced at his clock again.

"On the dot," he smirked.

I giggled and gave him a quick peck on the lips before I jumped down and adjusted my skirt.

"Do you mind getting it? I need to. . . uh. . . clean myself up a bit," I said with a sheepish smile.

Harry laughed and patted my behind. "'Course, but hurry up. We wouldn't want them to think we're up to no good."

He winked before I padded across the bedroom floor and into the bathroom where I quickly freshened up.

When I got out to the hallway, Madeline practically attacked me. Throwing her arms around my neck, she let out a small squeal. "Babes! I've missed you so much. Work's been an absolute dread without you."

I laughed and leaned my head on her shoulder. "Missed you, too, crazy."

"Gosh, I'm so excited about this weekend. It's going to be great," she grinned as she stepped back.

I glanced over to Harry who was watching us with a smile on his lips.

"Where's Ted?" I asked.

"Oh, he's waiting in the car. Too lazy to walk up the steps, he said," Madeline huffed.

"Alright, let's go then," Harry said and picked up our bags, gesturing for us to move outside.

It had been a little more than a week since Harry spoke to Max and managed to get him to realise what a snake Cole was. According to Harry; Cole was long gone. Max had apparently decided they were better off without him. And I certainly did not complain.

We were all heading to Harry's mum's cottage on the countryside for the weekend. No one had put it into words but it kind of felt like we were celebrating.

Madeline and Ted had started dating after meeting at HES two weeks ago, much to my surprise and happiness. They were cute together and seemed to be comfortable with each other's company.

Pam and Max would meet up with us at the cottage and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous over finally meeting him. It had been Harry's idea to pack the car and drive down when I asked him if I could meet Max sometime.

Harry's mum bought the cottage years back and we used to spend a great lot of time there during our childhood. It came with great memories and I was excited over visiting again.

"You okay?" Harry murmured softly in my ear, one hand on the small of my back as we walked down to the car.

"Yeah, just being sentimental."

He smiled and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers and brushing his thumb over my knuckles.

"What about?"

"Going down to the cottage. It's been a while and I. . . or rather we, have loads of memories from there," I sighed.

"I remember that one time when I forced you to jump into the lake from the tree. You were furious with me," he snickered.

I rolled my eyes and laughed as I remembered. "I hated you for that."

"Too bad I'm planning on doing it again this weekend."

"You wouldn't dare," I mock snarled.

"Sure I would. But this time I'll be there to catch you and soothe your fear with kisses."

I wondered briefly if Harry had loved me when we visited the cottage last time. It had been in the beginning of the summer, two months before he left. I hadn't known about his plans then.

"Were you. . . I mean. . . Did you feel for me then like you do now? You know, were you in love with me?" I carefully said.

Harry searched my eyes and briefly touched his knuckles to my cheek. "I was getting there."

I smiled and tilted my head back to look at him, squinting from the sun which lit up Harry from behind. He looked like an angel with his glowing hair and piercing green eyes.

He bent down and brushed his lips across mine a couple of times before pulling me in for a hug, pressing his lips to the top of my head.

"Come on, guys! You can cuddle all you want later, let's go!" Madeline's impatient voice broke our bubble and we pulled apart.

"Oh, there will definitely be some serious cuddling done later," he said quietly and shot me a wink.

I couldn't help but blush, thinking that this weekend would be something out of the ordinary.

.

.

After driving for almost two hours, I finally began to recognise my surroundings. The houses became fewer and farther apart, opening up for a breathtaking landscape filled with green trees and glistening water.

Madeline had been fidgety the whole way, complaining about feeling sick and made us stop several times to dry heave. Now she was gazing out the window, her lips slightly parted as she admired the view.

"Wow, this is incredible," she whispered, mostly to herself.

I felt Harry's hand cover mine where it rested in the middle of the backseat and I glanced his way, but he was also keeping his eyes on the nature.

"H, I think you need to direct me from here. This GPS is a piece of crap," Ted muttered and smacked his hand across the device.

Harry chuckled and turned his head forward. "Or it's just you who can't read maps."

"I can read maps. It's not my fault they aren't accurate," Ted muttered.

On the way here, we had to turn around at least five times because Ted had taken a wrong turn.

Harry squeezed my hand before he let it go and bent over the centre console to guide Ted the rest of the way and soon we pulled up in front of the tiny cottage.

It looked exactly as I remembered it, only the greenery was more prominent. You used to be able to spot the lake hiding behind the house from the driveway, but all I could see now was leaves upon leaves blowing in the light breeze.

I stepped out of the car and slowly walked closer to the cottage, gravel crunching under my feet. Ivy was covering the entire front wall, replacing white with green. Shooting a look at the flowerbeds in front of the porch, I saw they looked trimmed.

"Does your mum come here a lot?" I asked Harry who stepped up beside me.

"Yeah, I think so. This cottage is her baby," he shrugged.

"If possible, this place looks even more like taken from a fairy tale now with all the growth," I mumbled.

Harry laughed, but nodded. "Good thing I brought my princess this time."

"You're being sappy again," I sang and started to walk backwards to the car.

He narrowed his eyes and stalked after me, making me shriek and turn around to flee. But I was too slow, his arms circling around my waist. Hoisting me up over his shoulder, he smacked my behind and I giggled hysterically.

"Help me!" I yelled to Madeline who was staring at us, but she only shook her head and smiled.

"You two are perfect for each other," she said dreamily.

"Clearly we're not, since my boyfriend have this thing with throwing me over his shoulder and carrying me around!" I sputtered out between giggles.

And froze. I had just called Harry my boyfriend.

I felt Harry tense beneath me as well and he stopped to put me down on my feet again. My cheeks burned and I fiddled with my hands, not daring to look him in the eye.

Quickly, I glanced over at Madeline, but she was busy unloading the trunk and didn't seem to notice our sudden change in demeanour.

Harry's fingers gently grasped my chin and forced my head up. He licked his lips and looked at me with an amused expression.

"So, boyfriend, huh?"

I tried to find any kind of apprehension in his eyes, but there was none. Was he okay with the title? He should be, because he loved me. But we hadn't really discussed the matter.

"Um, well, I figured. . . You know since. . . Are you—"

My clumsy rant was luckily interrupted by a screech and tires hitting gravel, as another car drove up and parked behind Ted's. I tired to make out the faces in the front window, feeling my heart skip a beat when I recognised Pam's dark locks.

Madeline straightened up, a huge smile on her face. "They're here!"

Harry leaned forward and placed his lips close to my ear. "We'll talk more about this later."

His lips skimmed the sweet spot on my neck and I shivered, both from the touch and his promise. I wished he was easier to read, because I honestly had no idea what he was thinking.

Pam opened her door first and got out, running up to me first. "Hi babes!"

I hugged her tightly, while glancing over her shoulder, my eyes still focused on the car she came with. "Hi, Pam. Was the drive okay? You didn't get lost?"

"No, but Max kept insisting we should pull over all the time to take photos of everything," she said and I knew she rolled her eyes.

A nervous flutter emerged in my belly as the other car door slowly opened. I didn't know why I was so unnerved about meeting him; Harry seemed to trust him and so did Pam. Perhaps it was the idea of him being friends with Cole that didn't sit well with me.

Stretching his arms over his head and grinning big, Max closed the car door with his foot and started to make his way straight over to us. My heart was in my throat and I could hear my own pulse beating furiously.

Pam stepped back and smiled softly at me and Harry put a reassuring hand on my back.

Max stopped short in front of me and I forced myself to look him right in the eyes, lifting my chin slightly. His eyes were a nice colour of brown, not looking anything like Cole's malicious ones.

He smirked and held out his hand for me to take. "I can't believe I finally get the honour of meeting you, Ella Bright. I've heard tons about you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.8K 48
Ivy is still a mess after ending things with Harry when she decides she needs changes in her life.
821 32 17
Loving someone is not easy, When Josie meets Harry the person she falls in love with, she get's to know him inside out. But one day after their relat...
1.2K 38 39
When Zoey and Harry find themselves both calling the same hotel home for an extended time, a friendship begins. A connection that started from conven...
5K 198 38
Harry loves his best friend. But she doesn't love him that way. When they both meet someone what will happen? ****** Give the story a chance despite...