Chapter 28.

I spent the bigger part of my Friday afternoon doing laundry and anxiously waiting for night to fall. I didn't exactly know why I was nervous about going to Harry's, other than that Dylan would be there. And perhaps because I'd never been to Harry's place before. I realised I didn't even know where it was.

Putting the fabric softener away, I grabbed my phone from the back pocket of my jeans and sent him a text, asking for his address. He answered quickly and told me he would pick me up around eight so that he could take me there.

Harry: Would you like to hear a joke?

I snorted, knowing that he was a self-proclaimed comedian and thought he was hilarious. Trying to ignore the pang in my chest because it had been over four years since I'd heard one of his stupid puns, I told him yes.

Harry: Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

I stared at the screen for several minutes before I burst out laughing.

Me: Do you have more?

Harry: Greedy now, are we? I'll tell you tonight. It won't work like this x

Still giggling, I hoisted the laundry bin up to my hip and strolled into my bedroom to put the last clothes away.

When I'd showered and changed clothes five times, there was finally a knock on the front door stopping me from changing yet again. I found a grinning Harry on the other side, hands shoved into his pockets.

"Hi."

"Hi," I breathed out, matching his smile.

"You ready?"

"Yeah, let me just grab my phone."

As I walked down the driveway to his car, I marvelled over the fact that the summer warmth still lingered. I did not look forward to when I had to bring out my coats, hats and gloves. I wished it could be summer all year around, it surely would make life easier.

"What are you smiling about?" Harry chuckled.

"I'm just enjoying the weather. I like it when it's hot and I don't need to wear jeans or coats."

"I agree," he mumbled and eyed my bare legs deliberately.

My cheeks flushed at his devouring look. "Stop staring," I muttered and climbed into his car.

I heard him laugh quietly after he'd closed the door for me and I smiled at the sound.

"So, what are the plans for tonight?" I asked as he got in behind the wheel and drove off.

He shrugged. "Nothing special, just pizza and maybe a movie or something."

"Sounds perfect."

I glanced over at him manoeuvring the car and a wave of warmth flooded my body. What was it with me and watching hot boys drive cars? The way he lazily had one big hand on the steering wheel while the other grabbed the gear shift had me all kinds of excited.

The fact that he was one of the most beautiful persons I knew of didn't make it easier to restrain from jumping him.

He shot me a look and grinned when our eyes collided. "Seeing something you like?"

I winced, remembering when Adam had uttered similar words all those weeks ago when we were headed to the restaurant for date night.

"Yeah. . ." I mumbled and tore my eyes away from him.

"Do you mind if I smoke?" Harry asked, making my head snap up.

"Um, no. . . not really."

Letting his hand go from the gear shift, he patted his front pocket and pulled out a cigarette packet. With one hand he managed to take one out and put it between his lips. He lit it and took a deep drag, rolling down the window as he blew the smoke out.