Chapter 16.

Just like I had suspected, the week dragged on. Fortunately I had work everyday so I kept my mind occupied. I hadn't heard from Harry since Sunday when he had humiliated me after breakfast and had barely spoken to Adam either.

My first day off the week was Friday and naturally, I slept in. There was no need to set an alarm when I had no one who wanted to see me. Holy hell, I needed to make some new friends before I went mad.

I contemplated what I could do to reveal whatever it was Adam hid, starting to get more than tired of the situation. An idea slowly formed in mind and I hurried into the kitchen to make a quick salad.

No matter how hard I tried not to, I was feeling upset about what had gone done with Harry. But I had to push it aside for now. I could deal with him later, I knew where to find him.

Once again I cursed at myself for obsessing over Harry. He had been back less than a month and already I'd let him get into my head. My life was perfectly fine before his arrival. Why did he have to mess it up with his annoyingly good looks and cocky yet charming demeanour?

I tossed the salad into a container and put the lid on, shoving it into my backpack. Pulling on my boots, I headed out and drove off towards Adam's office.

He worked at a lawyer firm right outside town, as an intern I might add. He mostly had to do all the boring paper work and serve people coffee, but whenever someone asked what he did for a living, he didn't hesitate to brag about being hired at the firm.

When I parked the car outside the vast building, a nervous rush went through my stomach. I had the salad as a cover, just in case Adam was working like normal. If he wondered why I had come, I'd say it was to bring him lunch. If he wasn't there — I'd bring my stalking game to the next level.

I got out and crossed the car park, wrenching the heavy glass doors open and nodded to the girl sitting behind the reception desk.

"Hello, what can I help you with?" Her hair was tied into a neat bun, not a strand of hair out of place.

"Hi, I'm bringing lunch for my boyfriend. I know which floor his on," I said and held up the plastic container with a smile.

"Of course, go ahead." She gestured towards the lift.

As I waited for it to reach bottom floor, I suddenly got nervous. Feeling distressed, I decided to take the stairs instead. When I reached Adam's floor, I was panting from the effort, having forgotten how far up it was. I leaned back against the door and breathed calmly through my nose.

Get it together, Ella. It's your boyfriend.

I nodded hello to some suits walking by and they cast me curious glances. Coming to a stand outside the door to Adam's so called office, which really was more of a cubbyhole in comparison to the real lawyers' offices, I took another deep breath before I knocked lightly.

After waiting several minutes, making sure he wasn't there, I huffed and pressed the door open with my shoulder while balancing the container in my hands.

When I stepped inside, I froze on the spot and the salad slipped from my hands, hitting the floor with a dull thud. The content flew out all over the reddish brown carpet but I couldn't care less about that.

Because right in front of my eyes, my boyfriend was having sex with someone. His grey slacks were down by his feet and I could see his bare behind as he slammed into the girl. The only thing I could make out of her was a pair of long legs with red heels, wrapped around his back.

They still hadn't heard me, but simply kept going at it, fully committed to the act. The slapping noises from skin hitting skin and her repulsive moans would probably haunt me forever.