Epilogue.

"Harry, come on! We're going to miss the train!" I yelled where I stood outside his flat, bouncing up and down with excitement.

I heard his deep laugh from inside the hallway. "I'm coming! I just need make sure I didn't forget anything."

He soon appeared in the doorway, a brown leather bag thrown over his shoulder. He grinned when he saw my anxious state and quickly locked the front door before sauntering over to me.

"Are we ready for this?" he mumbled and grabbed my waist, pulling me in close.

I sighed happily and smiled. "Yes, we are. It's time."

"All right, let's go then," he chuckled and kissed my cheek before gently pushing me toward the car.

As I climbed inside and rested my head against the seat, I thought about how much my life had changed in just a few short months. Funny how you would think you had it all figured out, only to realise basically everything was wrong.

After all the hurt, betrayal, disappointment, dread and fear, I finally dared to say I was happy.

Cole was being held in some prison far away and I couldn't care less about where, as long as he was locked up for a long time. Heather had somehow managed to get herself deported and was back in America last I heard.

It had been two months since Harry got discharged from the hospital and he was fully recovered. The scar would always play a reminder though, but it didn't bother him much. He told me once it made him look badass, which made me think of the game he had me play that one time he practically forced his company upon me.

In hindsight, I was glad he had been so stubborn to get to know me again because right now I couldn't imagine a life without him.

"What are you thinking about?" he said as he started the car and drove off towards the train station.

"You, me, everything that has happened since you moved back."

Harry smiled and put his hand over my thigh, sending little sparks of heat through my leg. "Only the good things, I hope."

Mostly, that was true. All the bad stuff that had went down seemed to fade in the light of all the pleasant memories. Occasionally, I still had nightmares about Cole and when Harry got stabbed. But every time I woke up, he was there beside me and I instantly knew I didn't have to be afraid.

"Of course," I smiled and put my hand over his.

"Are you excited? Nervous?" he grinned and turned the music down a notch.

"Both. It's a big step, don't you think?"

He shrugged. "Nah, not really. I mean, I moved to America once."

I laughed. "Oh, I nearly forgot. You're very sophisticated and well-travelled."

"Okay, I'll admit it. I'm also nervous, but mostly excited. I've always wanted to live in London. And now I get to do so with you. What more can I possibly ask for?"

We were moving to London. Together. I'd been accepted at King's College after Harry had talked me into applying. My hopes weren't high but he'd had faith in me and turned out to be right.

As soon as I got the acceptance letter, we sat down and talked it all through. Harry had quit his job at the club immediately after the incident with Cole; he told me that the hours Max had spent at the hospital were dedicated to discussing this matter.

Since being without job, he suggested he should come with me to London and start searching for a temporary occupation until he decided on what to study.

Max had kindly provided us with a flat, a very swanky one in the heart of Chelsea. At first I had refused to accept it since he didn't want any money for rent and I could only imagine what it must cost.

Somehow both Max and Harry managed to convince me but I was determined on finding a place of our own as soon as we'd settled in enough.

Pam had fortunately gained some brains and decided to go back to school as well, while Max continued to run the club and all his other dodgy businesses.

Another weekend in the cottage was due in a few weeks; Ted and Madeline was still a thing, so they had been more than happy when we came up with the suggestion. Even Dylan had wanted to come and kindly asked if he could bring his new girlfriend.

I honestly thought Harry would decline at first, since he wasn't on best terms with Dylan because of his mild interest in me. But he told him of course, and I think he finally realised that Dylan was just a friend. He might've had some sort of feelings for me in the past but they were clearly long gone.

Harry parked the car outside the station and stepped out to get our bags from the boot. Most of our belongings had been shipped to the flat a couple of days before to make it easier for us to take the train.

I walked up beside him and he put his arms around my shoulders. As I leaned into his embrace, I took a last look at my surroundings. Holmes Chapel would always be home but I'd never been more ready to try life somewhere else. Finally I had found the courage to step outside the little square box I used to live in.

And it was all because of Harry.

He glanced down at me with a huge grin on his lips, the dimples coming out and making his face look boyish.

"I don't think I've ever been happier or more grateful than I am right in this moment, standing here with you, about to start a new life together."

I mimicked his smile and pressed my lips softly to one of his dimples.

"I was just thinking the same thing."

-END OF CONTRITE.