Chapter 41.

"What the hell do you want? How did you get in here?" I said and tried to keep my voice even despite the crazy pounding in my chest.

Cole took another step closer and I pressed myself up against the counter, discreetly trying to grab the phone behind me.

He dropped his smile and grabbed my chin between his fingers hard. I hissed in pain and tried to wrench free.

"Don't even think about it," he growled.

"Harry is on his way, he'll be here any minute," I lied and prayed Cole would see through it.

"Is that so? Funny I didn't hear you talk to him," he said and moved his hand to my wrist, tugging me forward against his chest.

I held back a whimper; it would do no good to show him how terrified I was.

"I texted him."

Cole kept staring into my eyes as he reached his other hand behind me, snatching up my phone and quickly scrolling through it.

"You're not a very good liar, sweet Ella," he murmured and threw my phone over his shoulder.

It landed on the floor with a crash which made me cringe. There went my only chance of getting help.

"What do you want?" I repeated and squirmed to get away from his hold.

Cole chuckled, but the sound wasn't reassuring. "You made Harry destroy my life. He took everything from me! When Max fired me, I had nothing left. I think it's only fair I get to destroy his."

Ice cold shivers ran down my spine as I went over his words. He was here to hurt me. Or worse; kill me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—"

"Shut the fuck up. I don't need your bloody apologies. It's already done."

His hand found its way up my neck and he tangled his fingers in my hair, tugging hard so that my head tilted back involuntarily.

I gasped as he pressed his lips roughly to my neck, the faint scruff on his face scratching my skin uncomfortably.

"Now, what should I do with you. . ." he hummed to himself, his lips moving against my throat.

"Please, let me go. I'm sure we can work this out somehow," I whispered desperately, trying to restrain a gag at the feeling of his hot mouth against my skin.

He huffed, tugging at my hair again. "I thought I told you to keep your mouth shut."

I clamped my lips together and figured I might have a better chance of escaping if I complied to what he said.

Suddenly there came a creak from the hallway outside the kitchen and I stiffened. Maybe Harry got Dylan's messages, too.

But as the person stepped over the threshold into the kitchen, all my hopes came crashing down and a sense of dread formed in my stomach.

Heather met my eyes over Cole's shoulder and her lips slowly spread into a mean smirk.

"I bet you're wondering what I'm doing here. I mean, after all I got Adam in the end so why would I bother you again?" she said with a bitter laugh.

I gaped and wasn't able to come up with anything to say in reply.

"Tie her up to a chair and let's have some fun," Heather continued and Cole chuckled.

"I like the way you think, babe," he said to her as he pulled me toward the kitchen table. "Find something to stuff her mouth with so that she won't scream."