Chapter 7.

After Harry left so abruptly, I magically managed to kill time on my own and soon I found myself in bed. My thoughts were all over the place, not letting me rest for a second.

His last words had me really bewildered and I couldn't help thinking he sent out mixed signals. Sometimes he acted like he didn't even want to be around me, while other times he seemed to hold himself back as to not jump my bones. Everything was still so new, unfamiliar, and I wished I would get some answer later on. Because right now, I was more confused than I'd been when he left in the first place.

Tossing in bed, I let out a frustrated groan and picked up my phone. No missed calls, no messages. Where the hell was my boyfriend when I needed him? With a sigh, I put the phone on silent and set my alarm for the morning. Closing my eyes, I tried to force all Harry-related thoughts away and took a deep breath. Time would work it all out.

Apparently I must've fallen asleep after that, because next thing I know the sun was shining through the blinds and waking me up to a new day.

Monday. How lovely.

I got up to eat breakfast and quickly shower, then I headed straight for work. My mood lifted a little as I spotted Madeline waving to me from behind the counter.

"Hi Mads, you alright?"

The curly haired girl smiled huge, her nose piercing glimmering in the sunlight coming through the windows. "Good to see you, babes. Anything fun happen this weekend?"

Groaning inwardly, I shook my head as I continued to smile.

"Nope, nothing at all. Adam had to go away yesterday with work so I spent my night alone. Pretty dull. What about you?" I shrugged off my jacket, putting the apron on.

Madeline started blabbering about her weekend which included a party, boys and various drinking games. I paid attention only with half an ear, while I wiped the tables down. She was a great girl, but could talk like no one else.

Soon after the first customers arrived, time flew by. We were busy for a Monday, but I didn't mind. I'd rather be stressed out than have nothing to do.

After I closed up and got everything ready for the next day, I went to the back and retrieved my things. Checking my phone, I saw one new message.

Adam: hey babe. i'll b home in 1 hour. see u then? x

Me: Sure, I'm just finishing up work. Heading straight home. Your place or mine? x

Adam: leave ur car home, i'll pick u up. x

I was still feeling a little grumpy from his lack of contact, but decided to let it go for now. He'd probably been busy working and I would look stupid if I whined about it.

Saying goodbye to Madeline, I hopped in my car and drove home, blaring music through the speakers. I sang along and let all of my pent up frustration out.

I loved to sing, but wouldn't dare letting anyone hear it even though I knew I was pretty good at it. When Harry used to sing for me in the past, I'd always admired his confidence. I couldn't understand how he didn't get signed in New York. He was probably one of the best singers out there.

Twenty minutes after coming home and changing, Adam knocked once before stepping inside, meeting me in the hallway. He looked good; newly showered and his eyes held a mischievous spark.

"Hello gorgeous," he smiled and snaked his arms around me.

I closed my eyes and breathed in the familiar scent. His arms felt like home. "Hey baby, I've missed you," I said and gingerly put my lips against his collarbone sticking up from his shirt.