Wonder~ A Young Justice Fanfi...

By _TeenTitans_

A young girl with a heart of gold and an indomitable will to match it is molded out of clay, and is placed in... More

Prologue
Is This Okay?
Welcome To Happy Harbor
Drop Zone
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial
Downtime
Bereft
Toxic
Targets
Terrors
Homefront
Alpha Male
Revelation
Failsafe
Disordered
Secrets
Misplaced
Cold-hearted
Image
Agendas
Insecurity
Performance
Usual Suspects
Auld Acquaintance
Sequel!
Prelude
Sequel Has Been Published!

Independence Day

12.6K 251 24
By _TeenTitans_

I imagine Anastasia looking like this, but with blonde hair and her crown on top of her head. This is not my work the credit goes to the artist, and if you know who that is please let me know.

Anastasia's POV

My mom landed a solid kick to my mid drift throwing me back several feet, and I lie on my back for a second waiting for the pain to vanish like it always does. Just as I'm pushing up she knocks me back down clearly not done proving her point. "You're unfocused, how can I trust you to go on missions if you're holding back and distracted by little things?"

I scoff sweeping my leg under her so she's lying on the ground with me, and the annoyed look she gives me disappears when she sees I'm laughing and she decides to join in. "Seriously though I'm getting better, and there's tons of heroes my age. Do you really think they're more qualified than I am?"

Her smile drops and for a second I can see the fear in her eyes obviously there's something she's not telling me. "You're more than ready, but your weaknesses are more blaring than you want to admit" she sighs pushing a single curl behind my ear, and letting her fingers brush my crown as if touching it would bring grandma here with us. Even after five years both women were two proud to put aside their differences.

"Now I have some League business to take care of..."

"Right today's the day all the other protege's get there shot at the big leagues." I shouldn't but I can't help but glare at my mom, I mean I'm fifteen and she still treats me like I'm five. "Exactly Anastasia, their protege's, you're my daughter. Now do you need dropped off at cheer practice?"

"No" I state dryly standing up and heading up to my room to get ready not wanting to get in the way of my mom's very important Justice League business. I toss the silver tiara on my bed yearning for my grandma to be here because she would support me, and all my mom wants me to do is live a normal life and not worry about what she does.

Although after everything my grandma did maybe I don't want to be with her either...
------------------------------------------------------------------

Diana's POV

I stand off to the side with Martian Manhunter both of us exasperated at the mess these four kids made. "I'm thankful
I didn't bring Anastasia" I laugh knowing he'll understand since he had to deny M'gann the opportunity as well.

"At first I was thankful as well, but now I see how passionate these kids are and I'm no longer sure." He turns giving me a look that says do what you must even if you think you can't, but deep down I know I can if it's really what she wants. "It's just hard... She's my only child."

"I have no children but I treat M'gann as if she were my own, so even thinking about letting her do this is killing me" his eyes droop like a lost puppies, but I can still tell he's going to do it because that's just how J'onn does things.

"How do you tell them to sit and pretend to be helpless when they have a talent to protect the ones that really are?" He gives me a small smile but I can tell it's fake, and he's doing it just to make me feel more comfortable with the situation.

"You're right J'onn I know what I have to do."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"Mom where are we going?" I ask curiously following her down the alley a few blocks from our house. "You'll see" she states smuggly with that classic mom smirk that leaves me glaring at her shadow. Shuffling my feet I follow her glancing down at my jean shorts and simple striped tank top hoping this is nothing fancy. I'm not usually one for dressing up, but my appearance has been the talk of my school for years, and while I usually don't listen I'm still self conscious.

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I bump into my mom who has stopped outside an abandoned apartment building. I think she sees my look of confusion because she pulls me closer to the door as if my legs stopped working. "You'll need these so they know who you are" she sighs with a smile handing me my tiara and bracelets, but there's a sadness in her eyes that's saying don't do it as I slip them on only feeling more confused.

She opens the door slowly mentally cheering herself on as she does almost like she wants to turn around and pretend we never came here. Finally she throws it open revealing a small scanner that most people would miss that acts like it's alive as it looks us up and down.

"Wonder Woman 03, and Divine B06" it's voice crackles and before I can demand answers she pulls me through the door a bright hot white light engulfing us, and somehow we end up standing off to the side of a room that resembles a lair.

"Perfect timing, I believe you all know Wonder Woman and this is her daughter Divine." My eyes slowly adjust back to the normal lighting, and that's when I realize Batman is standing in front of us with several other members of the Justice League. My mom says hello for me since I'm stuck in a state of awe, and then they all lead me over to a group of teenagers.

"You can call me Anastasia" I whisper dropping my head to hide my blush refusing to meet there eyes. ""Princess Anastasia of Themyscira" my mom corrects in a warning tone, and simultaneously all of their heads snap up like a clique from a movie, and I squirm under their stares internally thanking my mom for ruining my one chance at having friends.

The tallest of the group steps forward reaching his hand out to me with a kind smile that makes me feel more relaxed. "I'm Aqualad, this is Robin, Superboy, Miss Martian, and Kid Flash." I scan each one my eyes lingering on the red head that seems to be staring right through me because I feel like I know him.

"We're going to give you all some time to adjust to the mountain while we take care of some League business." The heroes trickle out one by one my mom of course being the last one since she keeps sending me this pleading look that says please change your mind.

Eventually she leaves with the rest of the team and Miss. Martian leads us to the kitchen bragging about a new recipe of brownies she wants us to try. Kid Flash hangs onto her every word while the rest of us trail behind, but every few seconds he'll look back, maybe at me, but then turn around with such speed I wasn't sure if he actually did it.

I hang in the back of the kitchen just observing my teammates, wow that's weird to say, still embarrassed and worried that I'll mess something up.

"Not one for crowds?" I whip around snapping out of my thoughts only to see the cute red head leaning against the counter his nose inches from my own, and my breath hitches at the proximity that I never put myself in. "N-no?" I stutter but it comes out as I question, and I immediately feel like an idiot wishing I could erase the last few minutes from our minds.

However he doesn't seem nearly as uncomfortable as I feel, and instead of gawking at my awkward social skills he chuckles like what I just did was in a way funny or even... Cute? "Do I know you?" I blurt turning back to him for a brief second, but then I remember how close he is so I turn back around casting my eyes down.

"Yeah, uh... We actually go to the same school..." I'm not sure if he said anything after that because my focus switches to the fact that I might know him. "Wait! You're Wally... West right?" I blurt my voice fading at the end because I might be totally off and have the wrong person.

"Yeah that's me, but I'm surprised you know who I am." His eyebrows squish together as if he was convinced I was tricking him, and I stare blankly up at him blinking a few times not exactly sure what to say. "Well why wouldn't I?" I finally whisper in a meek voice, and Wally's quizzical stare switches to one of bewilderment.

"Well... It's not like our crowds usually mix." He shrugs nonchalantly not noticing my furrowed eyebrows. I'll never understand why people want to alienate themselves to a single group I love meeting people that are different than me even if they're small differences.

My eyes drift downwards to my boots a slight feeling of guilt clouding me as I start to think if I ever gave off that vibe. I've always kept to myself only making one really good friend, and lately even she has started to drift away from me the glory of popularity clouding her vision.

"Things like that have never bothered me, but since we moved I've kinda shut myself out from the world" I admit with a shrug a faint blush crawling up my neck and onto my cheeks. Again his animated face changes to a look of pure confusion, and I stifle a laugh seeing his wide eyes and pursed lips. "Really?" He asks chuckling as he does so as if us talking is the most hilarious unimaginable thing ever.

"Yeah..." I admit sheepishly proving how shy I am around people until I warm up to them. Then it's like my Amazon instincts take over and I'm almost over bearing.

"Well I could show you a few things." Wally states stepping closer, if that's even possible, so our sides brushed if we adjusted ourselves. I pause quickly taking a step back once I realize he's flirting, but at least this time he's cute.

Understanding guys and how their perverted minds work is still something I'm struggling to understand, and despite my usual distaste towards them that doesn't stop their advances.

Well at least not until they figure out that I'm... Different.

"I am not incompetent. I've lived here for five years I'm capable of taking care of myself, but I appreciate the offer." I laugh nonchalantly surprising both of us at how bold I sounded. I'm sure that was a different response than the ones he's used too though, and this is usually where the guy softly starts to back away intimidated that I didn't fall for his seduction.

However he just smiles the charm that he turned on vanishing revealing the cute guy that approached me first, and I think that's more shocking than me speaking my mind. "Come on let's go hang out with the team, it'd be rude to keep you all to myself." Before I can protest he's dragged me over to them, and I instantly crawl back into my shell.

However their personalities started to bring me out again. Aqualad is formal reminding me of my sisters on Themyscira, and that's something I haven't been able to find in anyone else here.

Miss Martian is bubbly almost hyperactive in a sweet way resembling my child self that would run freely across the beach without a care.

Robin is extremely laid back which is odd considered who he works with, but it's nice since it's also easier to relax when the people around you are.

At first I found Superboy's silence and cold stare off putting, but once everyone else started to explain the situation that went on three days ago I started to sympathize with him. After all I'm also closed off when I'm thrust into new environments.

And I can't forget Wally who seems to be the team's class clown. He's impatient, and talks before his brain can really consider what he's saying. Even though I find his flirting to be irking he's also fascinating, and when he's actually speaking he's a genius.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I've found my people, all different types of people as well, and it only took five years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 141 7
A lot can happen in five years, at least in Anastasia's experience it does. She leaves, she comes back, she meets new people, she continues to strugg...
17.9K 362 24
Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad weren't the only ones to go to Cadmus. Siren, sister of Black Canary, went along for the ride as well, but little did s...
184K 7.6K 68
[Book 1: The Bandit Series] "You're the worst human being on the face of the planet." "Aww, I think that's the nicest thing you ever said abo...
150K 4.8K 77
Two years after they finished Highschool everyone gets accepted to Gotham University. Except all doesn't look as it seems. Soon their chaotic lives c...