Finding You ~Book 2 of Unexpe...

By BurningFiree

If you thought I was giving up on Hiccup, I wasn't. I will never. We've been through so much. When I get my h... More

Chapter 1 Welcome to DunBroch
Chapter 2 Disaster Party
Chapter 3 Meet Some New Old Friends
Chapter 4 Curiosity Lead Me
Chapter 5 Companions
Chapter 6 A Royal Invitation
Chapter 7 Muffins, Books and Mirror Ballrooms
Chapter 8 Childhood Ends in 48 Hours
Chapter 9 This Time, I Win
Chapter 10 Part 1 My Fault
Chapter 10 Part 2 A Wedding To Stop
Chapter 11 Awkward Father Talks
Chapter 12 Memorable Dragon Race
Chapter 13 Open Door
Chapter 14 Back Home
Chapter 15 Mother and Daughter-in-law
Chapter 16 Honeymoon
Chapter 17 Home Sweet Home
Chapter 18 Baby Talk
Chapter 19 Pregnancy Problems
Chapter 21 A Peaceful Flight With A Twist
Chapter 22 A Week With Idiots
NOT AN UPDATE. PLS READ.
Chapter 23 SORRY GUYS ITS SUPER SHORT. ILY
Chapter 24 His Life Lies in my Hands
Chapter 25 Hope in the form of Finn
Chapter 26 Airmail? Airmail.
Chapter 27 Filthy Pig Strikes Again
Chapter 28 Rescue Mission
Chapter 29 Berk Army Leader?
Majority Voting!
Chapter 30 Jelly?
Chapter 31 Sour Puss
Twitter!
Chapter 32 Are We?
Chapter 33 The Letter
Book 3 Up now!

Chapter 20 I Was Her Strength

9.2K 329 130
By BurningFiree

Before I start the story, I'd like to give a massive thank you to HiccupHTTYD for posting a sweet message on my Message Board :')

Don't worry guys, I thank all of you too. I love you guys so much for everything. And this book already has 10K reads, how amazing! I seriously can't do this without you guys, so I'm happy that you take time to read my stories.

Let's be together forever! Lol.

Creepy mode.

So with all that being said, let's move on to Chapter 20!

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

A S T R I D

A few days have passed and I have been planning to tell Hiccup actually. I decided that if he doesn't support me, then I'll take care of the baby myself. But I really hope that does NOT happen, ever.

But there's one problem, Hiccup is almost never home. He wakes up, makes me breakfast and leaves way before I wake up. And then he goes home when I'm already fast asleep. I see him during the day too but he's always with either Stoick or Gobber. We never have time with each other anymore.

And as for the others, I'm really thankful they didn't tell Hiccup at all.

I have to tell Hiccup. He's going to get mad at me, and I'll make things worse if I don't. I sigh and place my head in my hands. I ignored the usual daily headaches I got. I really got used to the occasional pains and headaches. Gothi said not to be stressed too much. But I can't help it...

My husband doesn't know that he's going to be a father.

"Hang in there Astrid" Fishlegs say as he patted my bag.

"I'm trying" I reply.

"You'll have to tell him sooner or later. Or he will wonder why you're getting fat. Although you can tell him you've been eating lots of chicken" Tuff says.

"That's stupid" Snotlout rolls his eyes.

"Well think of a better idea then!" Tuff snarls at Snotlout.

"I-uh-she..-"

"That's what I thought" Tuffnut crossed his arms.

"Hiccup's never at home anymore" I sigh. I know he's too busy with the preparations for being chief, but I just miss our little private moments. Our sweet kisses, our stupid conversations, our gentle touches. It's unbearingly (that a word? Lol) painful. And the problem of not having told him about the baby, isn't making the whole situation easier.

I sighed and started getting frustrated all of a sudden. I clenched my fists. I've had enough of this pain. I've had enough of Hiccup not even being able to touch me anymore, us not being able to take our sweet precious time as husband and wife.

"Astrid woah, calm down" Ruff says rubbing my back.

"I just... I WANT IT TO STOP" I yell in my hands. I didn't realize that I was already crying.

Wow, I'm probably overreacting but I guess that's what pregnancy does to you. It over exaggerates the situations in life, even if it isn't a big deal.

I started getting major headaches and pains in my head.

"Astrid, you're so red" Fishlegs say trying to calm me down. But no matter how, I couldn't.

My vision started to get blurry and lost strength to only fall backwards, and Ruff caught me. I was engulfed by total darkness before I even got to Gothi's.

~•~•~•~

I woke to the familiar place of Gothi's. I rubbed my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I hear a voice and I flinch, I turned to see Hiccup standing looking out the window.

"H-Hiccup..."

"Why?! Why didn't you tell me?!" He turned to me, raising his voice a little higher.

"What you said that night, it wasn't the right time to have a baby" I reply quietly.

"But that doesn't mean you can keep a secret like that from me! Your husband!" He says jabbing his finger at himself.

"Hiccup I'm sorry" I said.

"And your what?! A month and a half pregnant?! You kept this from me for a month and a half?! I-I can't believe you!"

"It wasn't easy for me Hiccup! And besides, when could I have told you?! You're always on your 'duties'. You never have time for me anymore!" I say, standing up to him.

"Astrid, I'm going to be chief soon! I have a whole village to protect soon! You're not the only one who I need to protect!" He says becoming slightly red.

"I know Hiccup, but I'm your wife! You should at least ask me how I'm doing or say hi or goodbye. Good morning or goodnight! Or I love you. I don't hear those anymore" I say.

"You know I'm packed everyday Astrid, that's why as my wife, you have to understand!" He gestures.

"But as my husband, you'll have to understand me too! Sometimes I just think that what if you weren't going to be chief? You'd have more time for me right? You'd spend the whole day with me?"

"Astrid you can't be seriously talking about this right now" He groans.

"I am!" I reply.

"Look, I have to get back to dad, he's waiting for me. I'll meet you later at home" He sighs heavily before leaving me in the room.

I break down in tears and look down at my stomach, rubbing it gently.

Don't worry baby, your father's just stressed about some few things right now. I promise he loves you, he really does. I love you too, always remember that.

~•~•~•~

H I C C U P

Damn it, I shouldn't have flipped out on her like that. She's pregnant for Thor's sakes! I slap my forehead and instantly had the urge to punch something, so I punched the house beside Gothi's.

I'm just as stressed as she is honestly. I try my best to wake up to her beautiful smile everyday, but dad just comes and pulls me away. And he keeps me really late up at night and I fly home as fast as I can, only to see my sleeping beauty, fast asleep like I had seen her in the morning before I left.

I just wish that dad would give me a day off. I know he's eager and excited to have me as chief, to carry on the Haddock's priorities as chief. But he also has to know that I have a wife to go hime to everyday. She needs me as much as I need her.

I love her so much, that I can't spend another day not being able to tale my sweet time with her. I married her so I could be with her forever, and always. And that's exactly what I'm going to do, for her and the baby.

Gosh, our baby. Our first baby. I'm so happy, I'm going to be the father, of Astrid's baby. My baby. Our blessing.

Don't worry baby, I will love you always, and I'll protect you at all times.

I'm talking to dad, this has gone too far.

~•~•~•~

A S T R I D

I stared at the axe I held in my hand. It felt heavier the last time I remembered. I stared at the tree and raised my axe up. I threw the axe but it just ended up a few feet away from me, and also made my body hurt. I sigh and knelt on the ground. I'm so useless now.

Hiccup is mad at me. What's gonna happen now?

I cried again for the second time today. Stormfly suddenly appeared from the sky and licked my face, before cuddling beside me. I leaned on her back and sighed.

"Puurrr" She says as I scratched her belly.

"Hey, wanna go for a flight?" I ask and she perched her head up instantly. I kinda felt bad too, we haven't went flying for a long time. The past month I felt like I was being chained down to the ground. One fly won't hurt, right?

~•~•~•~

H I C C U P

I stared at dad, who was processing everything I just told him. About everything, about Astrid, the baby. I said to him that I'll be putting the chief duties to hold. Astrid and the baby are my number one on the list, always.

"I understand son" He says before standing up and going to his desk at the corner of his room. He fumbled around before finally walking to me and giving me a piece of paper.

But I looked closely to see it was a drawing of me. At the bottom was written..

My Strength.

I was in awe. Who drew this?

"Astrid gave it the day we suddenly lost you. She told me to give it to you if ever you came back and she didn't, then she set off looking for you" He says.

I stared at it.

My Astrid.

My beautiful Astrid. A tear escaped my cheek and dropped on the paper, landing just on the word Strength.

I was her strength, she was mine. And now that I messed it all up....

Ugh. I what have I done?!

I'm a failure as a husband. I told her I'd never hurt her, but look what I just did. I did the last thing I'd ever want to do to her, in fact, that's something I never want to do at all.

I have to fix this, I have to fix this mess.

I stood up and barged out of the house.

I'm sorry Astrid, I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

BA DOOM POW! THERE GOES THE SECRET :3

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

573 21 19
SO i just wanted to jump onto this really, writers block can do some crazy shit.... ANYWHO you, your y/n and i dunno what to say so just...read if wa...
200K 4.5K 41
What if things went differently when Toothless came to save Hiccup during his final exam. What if Hiccup ran away with Toothless that day. Hiccup Ho...
44.5K 877 44
- in which hiccup & astrid are a couple & go through crazy adventures - *completed: april 21,2017
99.1K 2.8K 75
I loved him.......he loved me.......or so I thought.........or so we thought........I've known him since childhood, but I felt something for him and...