Silver Linings: Acatalepsy {A...

By xlaurynwritesx

Emmaline's lived through everything, her dad dying and coming back to life, her sister being put into an eter... More

Part One
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
Part Two
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
The end
Themes!
Emmaline Gilbert AU
Emmaline Gilbert AU part 2
Emmaline Gilbert AU part 3
Emmaline Gilbert AU part 4
Emmaline Gilbert AU Part 5
Emmaline Gilbert AU Part 6
Emmaline Gilbert AU Part 7
Emmaline Gilbert AU Part 8

10

258 9 0
By xlaurynwritesx

I was in the bathroom of Caroline's room. She was still healing from the C-section, according to the doctors. I looked in the mirror and fixed my hair a bit. I wished I was with Stefan and I wished he didn't have to run for the rest of ever. I wiped my face to remove any evidence of tears rolling down it and I exited the bathroom.

I saw Caroline talking to dad. He just told her he planned on going to Dallas, Texas. He told me this morning and I wanted to go with him. It was better then sitting around all day and I wanted to help.

"A nurse? Who? Frankie with the heart murmur? Or Jarica, the perpetual boyfriend-texter?" Caroline argued, not fond of the idea of Dad leaving.

"I was thinking Emma, the protective older sister." Dad explained as Caroline turned to me.

"Wait what?" Caroline asked surprised.

"Yeah I mean I missed classes so I might as well be a drop out. Not to mention I promised to protect them, and Stefan is away so I thought, why not?" I shrugged lightly.

"Do you even know how to take care of a baby?" Caroline asked curiously.

"I mean I did in a vision once." I explained looking away. I didn't really have experience that was for sure.

"I mean I love Emma, but she's no babysitter. I bet she hasn't ever even looked at a pregnancy book. No offense." She looked at me then back to Dad.

"None taken." I replied with a small sigh.

"Do you have a better idea?" Dad asked a bit sassily.

"Me. I'm the better idea." She replied smiling lightly.

"You just had a major surgery. You had a C section." Dad spoke looking at her unsure.

"And I'm all healed up. That is the one and only perk of a vampire pregnancy. I can either sit here, alone, pretending that I'm just a normal human patient, or I can be useful. It's up to you." Caroline retorted as I smiled lightly.

"Why not all three?" I asked crossing my arms.

"You don't have to Emma." Dad shook his head.

"My boyfriend is being chased by a woman set on mainly killing him. I'd rather be worried about baby bottles and diapers then his impending death." I replied as he looked down.

He looked up and sighed. "Well it's good I bought a minivan." Caroline and I smiled to him and he let out a chuckle.

I sat in the car between the two yelling babies. They both cried their little hearts out. Caroline tried to entertain Lizzie while I tried to entertain Josie. It was hard to deal with them.

Matt called Caroline to ask where Rayna was. "What do you mean? She's wherever Stefan is." Caroline answered looking at Lizzie defeated.

"No one knows where he is. He isn't taking anyone's calls. I was hoping on calling Emma next to ask if she's talked to him." Matt spoke.

"No need she's right here." Caroline spoke handing me the phone.

"I haven't heard from him." I spoke holding the phone to my ear as the babies cried and Dad tried to talk to Caroline.

"Well do you think you could try to magically track him?" He asked curiously.

"I'm currently in between my two loud and upset baby sisters. I can't pull a spell out right now." I explained.

"Well maybe I could help with that?" I heard in the distance of his phone.

"Valerie huh?" I asked curiously. I still wasn't sure if I trusted her.

"I'll call you back when I get a lead." Matt spoke before hanging up. I looked at the phone and sighed.

I handed Caroline her phone and continued to look at Josie. "Baby J I need you to be quiet. Please, please, be quiet." I begged as I held her little hand.

I wondered if I could put a vision into her head but I figured it'd be best if I didn't try to do that to a newborn. As much as I begged the two weren't quiet for a long time.

Eventually we were in a diner and the babies were asleep. I thanked the heavens for more quiet. I laid on my head wanting a well deserved nap. Caroline talked more baby stuff when the twins decided to start yelling again. Dad took Lizzie out and Caroline sat with the crying Josie.

"I'm gonna go outside." I nodded walking away from her to have a break.

I stood by the back of the diner and looked at my phone. I read Stefan's name and sighed. I pressed his name and held the phone to my ear.

"Emma." I heard him say and I breathed with relief.

"You're okay." I spoke closing my eyes. "Where are you, are you doing okay?"

"I can't tell you where I am you know that." He spoke worried.

"Yeah, yeah I'm sorry." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I'm worried you know that."

"Yeah I do." He replied. "I'm doing fine though. What have you been up to?"

"You know the usual. Driving across the country with two babies who won't stop crying, a paranoid nanny- looking blonde, and a first time baby Dad." I explained with a sigh.

He let out a chuckle. "Sounds like it's been a struggle." He replied.

"Yeah tell me about it." I replied with a small laugh. "The good news is I haven't hallucinated since that night. I'm just worried that if these babies keep me awake any longer it might start over again." I joked as he laughed.

"I can imagine you smiling right now." He spoke as I looked down.

"And I can imagine you looking all cute talking to me." I replied crossing my arms.

"I should probably go." He spoke as I bit my lip.

"Yeah of course. Be safe and call me when you get the chance, okay?" I asked hopefully.

"Okay. I love you." He told me.

"I love you too." I reciprocated as he hung up.

I stayed out back for a while to catch a breath of air. My phone rang and it said called unknown. I furrowed my brows.

"Hello?" I asked confused.

"I expected the next time I talked to you to be one where I was keeping you from doing something you'd regret." I heard as I furrowed my brows. I knew exactly who it was. The problem was I didn't expect to ever talk to him again.

"Why are you calling me?" I asked unsure. "I don't work for you anymore." I added to clarify.

"I know, love, I called because of your new Salvatore boy." He spoke and I could hear his smirk.

"What are you doing?" I asked unsure of his motives.

"Well I just called Caroline and she told me she was worried about you and him and I've decided to help him." He explained.

"Is there some catch?" I asked worried as he chuckled.

"No I just thought it the perfect time to catch up. And to say I'm sorry that the stone made you see me as your hell." He apologized as I furrowed my brows. Stefan must've said something.

"Since when do you apologize?" I asked unsure.

"I have no remorse, in fact I think I was a rather fair master, I'm just saying I wished you had seen something other than me." He explained as I sighed lightly.

"Okay." I replied unsure how to respond.

"In a way I was expecting more of a reaction. Maybe a hateful monologue or a nasty insult." He spoke.

"I changed after I turned my emotions back on." I replied. "And honestly I want nothing more than to forget what hell you put me through."

"There it is. The fire." He spoke as I sighed.

"Look I'm grateful that you want to help Stefan, but I don't plan on being your friend just because this one thing." I sassed.

"I don't expect it. I just wanted to check on you. I saw myself in you Emma, as surprising as it was. I'm glad to here you've become a better person." He spoke as if he was a proud Dad or something.

"Thanks." I replied. "Good luck with helping Stefan." I added before hanging up. I never would truly understand my relationship with Klaus. As strange as it was though, I felt like if I ever got in trouble he might've just showed up to help or something. I couldn't be sure and honestly I hoped nothing ever got that bad.

We got to the house and after a long night I found myself unpacking boxes the next day. Caroline was working on baby prep while Dad was working on the actual babies. I swore they never stopped crying.

My phone rang once again and I put down a box. I saw Stefan's name. "Hey. How is everything?" I asked as I sat in a chair next to Caroline who worked on cleaning baby bottles.

"It's going okay. How are things over there?" He asked curiously.

"Well I'm sure you can hear the crying in the background." I replied holding the side of my head. "We are figuring it all out still."

"Yeah I'm sure." He replied before there was a pause. "The herbs are rare so I'll have to stay on the run for a while." He explained as I sighed.

"Oh." I looked down. "How long?"

"I don't know. I was thinking maybe you could join. I know it sounds pretty boring, but we could make it fun. Maybe a nice trip to Europe?" He asked curiously.

"Wow." I spoke surprised. I looked to Caroline as she looked at me shocked.

"You don't want to?" He asked as Caroline nodded. She mouthed for me to go.

"I do. I do, but are you sure you want that?" I asked unsure.

"Of course he wants that he loves you." Caroline whispered before running out the room to a wailing Dad, as I listened to the phone.

"Would I have called you if I wasn't?" He asked as I let out a chuckle.

"Id have to do a few things first. Say goodbye and all." I explained. "And I need to pack a bag of course and figure out everything with my Dad."

"Of course." He replied and I smiled. "I'll be in Dallas by night fall." He explained.

"Okay sounds like a plan." I took a deep breath. I was nervous but excited and scared all at once. "I'll see you then."

"Yeah. I'll see you then." He replied as I smiled lightly.

I hung up and Dad and Caroline quieted the babies almost on cue. "So what's the verdict?" Caroline asked curiously.

"I think I'm going." I replied as I took a deep breath.

"Going where?" Dad asked confused.

"With Stefan. I'm gonna run with him." I replied.

"Emma that's dangerous. Are you sure it's the best idea?" He asked unsure.

"I love him. I can't just let him go on his own or with Valerie." I answered.

"When will I be able to see you?" He asked curiously.

"I'll try to visit as much as I can." I nodded as he nodded back. He came over and hugged me. "And if you ever need me back to protect the babies I'll be here." I spoke holding onto him.

"I know." He replied as I smiled.

I hugged Caroline. "I'll set up a great big party when you get the chance to visit." She explained as I let out a laugh.

Not long after Stefan was there. I had packed my bags and said my goodbyes. I spelled two toys, one for each of them so that whenever they touched it they could get a vision of me holding them in my arms.

After he came in for a while we headed out. At the airports met with Valerie who apologized for everything and reassured she didn't mean to get me hurt. As an apology she gave me a grimoire to help me protect us if it ever came to that.

We thanked her and she thanked us. She said she was excited to start a life that was completely her own.

"So Mr. Salvatore where to first?" I asked curiously looking at him.

"How about Rome?" He asked curiously.

"City of love?" I asked in reply with a small smile.

"If I'm gonna be on the run with you I want to try and make it as enjoyable as I can." He explained as I leaned forward and kissed him lightly.

"Rome it is." I agreed as we walked into the airport and got ready to leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 60 17
Veronica Saltzman had never given any thought about how she would die. How her whole life changed the day her mother went missing. Her life was perf...
23K 891 46
Hope Mikaelson has a painful past. She lost her parents at only fifteen and left with tremendous amount of responsibilities. Only, she has no idea wh...
325 29 8
Just like to add a little disclaimer. ⚠️Nothing in this is real of course. But even the myths of the 'devil' have been messed around. So please don'...
367K 10.5K 39
π˜Ώπ™€π™‡π™„π˜Ύπ˜Όπ™π™€ π˜Όπ™‰π˜Ώ π™π™π˜Όπ™‚π™„π™‡π™€ | ❝Ιͺ'ᴍ ɒᴇᴛᴛΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴀʀɒᴇᴛᴇᴅ α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴜsᴇᴅ α΄€s ΚŸα΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€α΄€Ι’α΄‡ ᴊᴜsα΄› Κ™α΄‡α΄„α΄€α΄œsᴇ Ιͺ'ᴍ Κœα΄œα΄α΄€Ι΄ α΄€Ι΄α΄… Ιͺ α΄„α΄€Ι΄ α΄…Ιͺᴇ.❞ Paris A...