optional // l.s.

By playboymembersonly

• completed at 23k • where louis is a senior in high school struggling to keep himself together and his creat... More

a/n
one (*)
two (*)
three (*)
four (*)
five (*)
six
seven (***)
eight (*)
nine
ten (***)
eleven (*)
twelve (*)
thirteen (*)
fourteen (*)
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty (*)
twenty one
twenty two (*)
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight (*)
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
epilogue

twenty three (***)

5.1K 203 27
By playboymembersonly

read the a/n at the end.

trigger warning(s): mentions of rape, drug use, alcohol use, etc.

---

louis shakily zipped up his jacket and stuffed his hands in his pockets. today was the court date and he was dreading walking in the room to an uneasy feeling and doubt. uneasy because he didn't want to see the guy ever again and doubt because men never get raped, it rarely happens and when it does nobody believes it.

maybe he was asking for it.

he got laid, why be mad?

it made him sick. he didn't understand. people were hypocritical and he remembered some of the glances he recieved at school from the other students. his attacker was popular and louis was a nobody. they wouldn't believe him.

liam tapped louis on the shoulder and caught his attention. "ganna go warm the car up real quick."

louis nodded and followed him down the stairs. zayn was sitting on the couch with his earbuds in his ears. he looked tired. it was early in the morning though, so he kind of understood. he sat beside the boy and gently laid his head on his shoulder. zayn gave his knee a reassuring pat and took one of his earbuds out so say hi to his friend.

"did you take your medicine?"

louis nodded. "liam brought them to me first thing so that i wouldn't forget."

zayn nods and ruffles his hair. "see? we got you, bubbas."

louis smiled softly and liam came back inside, tugging his hoodie closer around him.

"'s colder than jack frost's balls out there," he shivered and rushed to snuggle up against liam. louis squeaked and cooed, crawling to lay on top of him to surround him with warmth as well but zayn was acting like he was dying with the two boys literally dog piling on him.

"we loves you, li-li," louis crowed and smooched loud kisses on his cheeks. liam couldn't help but giggle because one, he was super ticklish and two, louis was absolutely adorable.

"you obviously don't love me because my ribs are about to snap," zayn groaned breathlessly, causing louis to snort and get up. liam shifted to where he could cuddle against his side and apologized softly, blushing when the apology was accepted with a gentle kiss.

"you two are gross," louis waved his hand in front of his face. "icky love birds."

"mhm, hypocrite," zayn wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and nuzzled his cheek against his hair. "i bet you and your lover boy are so lovey-dovey."

"uh," louis stammered and felt his cheeks fire up. "no?"

"stop lying," liam chuckled. "mr. styles is so head over heels for you."

mr. styles kept running through louis' mind. he used to be carefree and not mind that he was in a monogamous relationship with his english teacher but now that he thinks about it, what if something goes wrong now that liam and zayn know?

shit, he trusts them. they only hang out with eachother, what the hell could go wrong? they're louis' brothers and brothers stick together. why is he overthinking?

"bub," zayn snapped his fingers. "we lost ya for a minute, you okay?"

"erm, yeah," louis bit his lip and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "are you guys almost ready?"

---

harry called louis while they were on their way to the courthouse to tell him he hoped everything went okay and he was more than welcome to come over if he wanted to. louis smiled softly at that and accepted the offer, thanking him. although zayn was picking on him the whole time making kissy noises and crowing about harry being louis' "lover boy," louis managed to keep their conversation going without getting distracted.

"he's pretty chill outside of school," zayn commented when their talk ended.

"yeah, he's awesome," louis grinned. he rubbed his eyes and slumped in his seat. "i miss hiiiim."

liam giggled and turned right. "you're so in love."

"li, our baby is growing up," zayn fake cried. "i can't deal with this. we gotta park and i gotta take a breather. my son, i can't-"

"shut the fuck up," louis laughed and hit him with his pillow he stashed in the backseat. liam finally found a parking spot and shut the car off, preparing for the cold front they were about to hit.

louis sprinted to the door, already whining that he was freezing and signed in for his date. the trio were directed to the top floor, the floor where criminal rulings were officiated. there was a hall for that, for family court and for minor offenses like tickets.

louis brushed himself off and let out a heavy sigh when he met the door to the courtroom. liam gave his hand a gentle squeeze and hugged him, telling him everything would be okay. zayn did the same and they all went in, louis trying to brace himself for this.

they sat in their seats and louis' breath hitched when he saw the boy in his orange jumpsuit and shackles. his shaggy brown hair was now all chopped off and he kept his eyes on louis the whole time he was led to the stand. his stare burned right through the boy, causing his face to turn red and his eyes watered while flashbacks flooded his mind.

"i think i'm gonna be sick," louis whispered and he went to leave the room but zayn grabbed him by his hoodie, pulling him back down.

"you're fine, bubs," he assured. "this will be over soon enough."

when louis finally calmed down, he put his head in his hands and listened as the judge spoke and soon a gavel hit the podium. louis was up first.

he had to place his hand on a bible and swear to tell the truth. he was asked simple questions like what happened that night, where he was, who he was with, etcetera.

"so you're saying you had a party, involving alcohol, and you had underage kids in your house drinking that said alcohol?"

"it didn't involve alcohol," louis shook his head. "someone at the party got into the liquor cabinet and i was too late to stop it."

"did you consider the thought of that being a potential risk?" the lawyer asked him. "having a get together and bottles of liquor sitting there?"

louis frowned and stared at his lap.

"objection!" louis' lawyer stood.

"overruled, continue," the judge looked over at louis and the defending professional.

louis locked his hands in his lap. "not every gathering has to involve alcohol, sir, and i didn't think it over because i was sure i didn't have to."

"understandable," the lawyer nods. "do you know the defendant outside of this?"

"um, he was...is? my brother's friend," louis admitted and looked the man in the eyes. "we all went to school together, also."

the man nods and continues on. louis felt like he was gonna explode into tiny pieces. he was nervous and his stomach was twisting into so many knots that his body began to hurt. he didn't want to be here but he knew, for his own good, he had to.

he remained as calm as could be and told the room about that night. how he came to get something to drink and the guy was piss drunk acting a fool. how louis tried to fight him off and failed. liam got nauseas as louis kept talking, he still couldn't fathom that his little brother had experienced such a thing and he was the one who found him afterwards.

zayn reached over and squeezed his hand tightly, turning his head back to louis. the boy wasn't as jittery as he was, he somehow calmed down. now that his own lawyer was being more helpful, he wasn't so afraid.

louis looked around the room and his eyes landed on the lad that hurt him. he had a shit eating smug look on his face with his arms in his lap and slouching in his seat. he made him sick. louis wished he coukd jump over the podium and choke him out but he has to be respectful in a court room -- plus he didn't want to go to jail.

louis was asked to return to his seat and the defendant was brought up to the stand. he was asked the same questions as louis, but more in depth since louis' lawyer was interrogating him. liam wrapped his arm around louis' shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze, already feeling louis' heartbreak and anger boil inside of himself.

when zayn was called to the witness stand, he sent the lad who assaulted his mate the nicest "i'll kill you in your sleep" kind of look. it earned a scowl from the guy and zayn sat in the chair quietly.

"mr. malik, correct?"

zayn nods. "yes, sir."

the lawyer nods and proceeds to step up. "and you are the plaintiff's friend, right?"

zayn nods again. "his best friend is my significant other."

louis looked up at liam. "aw."

liam elbowed him in the side playfully, causing louis to hit his head on liam's shoulder. "wanker," he hissed. liam shushed him and turned his attention back to the olive skinned boy before him, internally thanking the gods for someone like him.

"the victim was admitted into the hospital that night," the lawyer said. "how many hours after the assault?"

zayn pursed his lips. "well, we left the house and came back because i lost my wallet so the assault had to have occured during that frame we were gone. so i would say maybe an hour."

the lawyer nods. "and where was my client?"

"he had disappeared," zayn crossed his legs.

"so he wasn't at the scene?"

"no sir, but he was at the party," zayn replies.

the lawyer nods and walks around. "so you can't specifically pin point him to the scene?"

"objection!" louis' advocate stands. "your honor, the defendant left an article of clothing on the floor where my client was assaulted," he said to the judge. "it was taken by officials and ran for dna."

"noted," she replies. "continue," she said to the other advocate.

"how do you know it was the client that commited this act?"

"well," zayn bit his lip. he looked back at his friend, who was just as anxious now and zayn began to speak again. "when louis was admitted into the hospital, all the-"

"is he allowed to talk about this?" the lawyer butted in. he literally just asked how he knew it was him and is now preventing it.

"no sir, we need mr. tomlinson's lawyer up for that," the judge said. zayn was ushered back to his seat and the advocate made his way to the podium before the woman. the lawyer put a folder on the stand and proceeded to tell everyone that in that folder was louis' medical records from the hospital and his trip to revive for ptsd treatment and other things.

"was the victim tested?" the judge asked.

"rape kit came back with all bodily fluids matching one person other than his blood. he took a contraceptive, he swabbed for infections and they came back negative. hair folicles, semen, blood, it all came back and they all came from the same person," louis' lawyer said, returning to his seat when asked. louis shuddered at the thought and leaned forward, putting his head in his hands.

they gave the defendant an opportunity to speak, but he didn't say much. he answered the minor questions of where he was and what they were all doing but he tried his best to avoid any question regarding louis' rape. it was obvious he knew about it, or atleast knew what happened, even though he was drunk.

recess wasn't even necessary because the jurisdiction was simple.

"you have been charged with sexual assault in the first degree and rape in the first degree. these charges will affect your sentencing, which will be ruled within the next thirty days," the judge sat up straighter and slammed the gavel down. "case dismissed, get this bloke out of my courtroom."

---

AN UPDATE????? WHOA

im so so so so so sorry i havent been too active lately, ive been dealing with a breakup & other mental things involving my anxiety. i will be hopefully seeing a therapist soon, which means happy kiwi. happy kiwi = lots of writing. lots of writing = lots of updates.

i was asked if this book would have smut in it. the answer to that is (probably) no. atleast not much like the rest of my fics. i dont this book to revolve around it. this fic has a purpose, and is actually thought through. bear with me and please keep reading. (:

thank you for 6k 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 10.6K 36
» 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 « ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀᴍᴀᴢᴏɴ ᴀs ᴋɪɴᴅʟᴇ ᴏʀ ᴘᴀᴘᴇʀʙᴀᴄᴋ [ 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘪𝘰 ] _________________ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ᴍɪᴄᴀᴇʟᴀ ʟᴏᴘᴇᴢ. [ ɪɢ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ:...
459K 15.6K 37
If you're looking for a fic with better writing and less irritating characters PLEASE take a look at my other fics instead (not 'I'm Fine', and prefe...
89.8K 3.2K 37
Louis Tomlinson was comfortable in his shell, not at all wanting to go out in the world and do things that would involve him being social... Until Ha...
18.9K 748 60
"Harry, the whole world is in front of you." The younger boy nodded, then let his forehead lean to Louis'. "Yeah, you're right," he whispered. "It is...