Wrong Time

By endlessroads_19

#1 in Paranormal 15/12/20 and 31/10/2021 #1 in Paranormal Love 13/04/19 and 21/10/2021 Everyone has been told... More

Chapter 1: The Day Before
Chapter 2: The Beginning
Chapter 3: Who Are You?
Chapter 4: Confessions
Chapter 5: Risking It All
Chapter 6: Join Forces
Chapter 7: Better Together
Capítulo 8: Step By Step
Chapter 9: Coming Clean
Chapter 10: Welcome To Hell
Chapter 11: Hopes
Chapter 12: Shattered
Chapter 13: Talk To Me
Chapter 14: When It All Comes Down
Chapter 15: Lies
Chapter 16: Stay Away
Chapter 17: Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Chapter 18: Dance To This
Chapter 20: Apologies
Chapter 21: Happy Birthday
Chapter 22: High School Drama
Chapter 23: Follow My Lead
Chapter 24: Betrayal
Chapter 25: Perfectly Wrong For Me
Chapter 26: The Distance Between Us
Chapter 27: Is This The End?
Chapter 28: Make Things Right
Chapter 29: Help Me
Chapter 30: Be Strong For Her
Chapter 31: Heaven In Hiding
Chapter 32: Bad Feeling
Chapter 33: Grand Finale
Chapter 34: Farewell
Chapter 35: Time To Choose
Chapter 36: Start Over
Chapter 37: Unbreak My Heart
Chapter 38: It's Been A Long Time
Chapter 39: I'm Sorry
Chapter 40: Good Days
Chapter 41: Here's To Forever
Chapter 42: Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Until Death Do Us Part
Bonus Chapter: Deathly Night
And So It Continues...
Warning: Cast

Chapter 19: It's That Time Of The Year

1K 72 7
By endlessroads_19

·Grace's POV·

I still can't wrap my head around what happened yesterday between Scott and Archer. And don't get me started with the fact that the latter is now capable of make use of someone else's body. I just want a normal life, is that so much to ask for?

Anyway, today is Christmas Eve and you know what that means? Family, Christmas carols and food. What a perfect combination. But before that, I have to go to St. George and talk to Archer about the fight and also give him his present. It's not much, just a copy of 'Annabel Lee' and other poems by Edgar Allan Poe. I hope it brings him memories of the night we spent together and recited an excerpt from said poem. Call me sentimental, but it's Christmas after all.

My parents and I arrived around three in the afternoon and the rest of my family wasn't supposed to arrive until eight or so.

"Here you are! Come in." My grandpa said to us. "Hello honey."

"Hi!" I kissed his cheek. We're both glad our relationship has remained strong, but I can't tell him why yet. As far as he is concerned, I forgave him because it was a long time ago and he already paid for what he did.

"At what time shall I be here for dinner?"

"Wait, where are you going?" My mum asked me from inside the house.

"Just to go for a walk. The car ride has made me feel a little bit dizzy. That way, I'll go and visit a friend I made some months ago. "

"A friend?" Dad eyed me suspiciously.

"His name is Archer. Don't worry about him, he's a good guy."

If you don't count the many fights he's been into.

"You seem to be very fond of him, darling."

"He's kinda grown on me."

"When are we going to meet him then?" Knowing mum, she's already naming her grandchildren.

"Bye, see you guys later! Call me when the family arrives." I blew them a kiss and ran away before answering that question.

                               ***

As I was entering St. George, I heard an old radio playing 'Jingle Bell Rock' inside the hall. The view before me was hilarious. Archer was using a small ladder to hang some mistletoe up, losing balance in the process. A simple giggle escaped my mouth, what caused him to fall to the ground in surprise. I went to his side running to help him up.

"You're early." He said regaining his stability.

"No traffic jam today. Do you want me to come later Mr. Interior Designer?"

"Ha ha, so funny. Now that you're here, why don't you lend me a hand? Let's decorate the Christmas tree together."

"Sounds good to me. Where did all this come from?"

"It was all stuffed inside boxes in the basement. The fire didn't reach there, so most of the ornaments are pretty well conserved. That would be because it's the first time I've decorated the correctional for Christmas."

"Why? That's a must this time of the year!"

"I didn't seem to care enough about it. I mean, who would I have shared all of this with? This year, that has changed. I felt inspired." He looked at me out of the corner of his eye while hanging a Christmas ball.

"Happy to hear that. By the way, I've got something for you."

"You got me a present?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?"

"I didn't expect anything. Well this is convenient, because I have something for you too."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'll go and get it once we finish what we're doing."

After what felt like thousands of Christmas balls and meters of fairy lights later, all we had to do was hang up the star on top of the tree.

"My lady." He bent his knees waiting for me to position myself in a piggy ride style. I did exactly that and raised my arm to put the aforementioned star up.

"Perfect." I said when I finished. He then put me down again.

"Well, now I'm going to get your gift. Hold on a second."

I sat down next to the tree which, by the way, was quite big. I loved this feeling, like I was transported to the past and was enjoying my Christmas Eve at an old mansion with Archer. Sometimes I feel I was born in the wrong generation. Let's be honest, I don't really look or act like the nowadays teenager stereotype. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with who I am. On the contrary. My friends and I are different from the rest of the high school population. We're unique and we like it like that.
Keeping it classy, plain and simple.

"I'm here again." Archer was carrying a big wrapped box and here I am, with an small rectangular one.

"Just open mine first, I don't want yours to put mine to shame just now." I practically begged him.

"I don't think it will, coming from you. But let's see what it is!"

I gave it to him and he unwrapped it. I wish I could take a picture of him when his eyes landed on the book inside. Next thing he did was to hug me like I was oxygen and he was desperate to breathe.

"I love it, Grace. I can't thank you enough."

"Just seeing that look on your face is enough for me."

"You don't understand. This was the book I was reading when the fire ignited everything. It was burned in the process and it was my favorite one. Now I have a replacement, all thanks to you. And also, it reminds me of when we started off our converation one night with a verse of 'Annabel Lee'. "

"You remembered." My heart was going to escape from my chest any moment now, considering the speed of its beatings.

"How would I ever forget? It is one of my favorite nights so far. Now, open my present. It isn't as good as yours but it will do."

I opened the box and what I saw inside took my breath away.

"You've got me a writing machine?"

"You don't like it." He nervously stated.

"Are you kidding? I freaking love it Archer!"

"Oh thank God." He let out a shaky breath. "For one second I thought you hated it. It was packed in the basement too. I found it while looking for the Christmas ornaments and I knew straight away I had to give it to you once I checked it worked. I know how much you love reading, but have you ever thought of writing your own story?"

"It may have crossed my mind several times, but that's it. It's so beautiful, thank you Archer. But I have no idea what to write about."

"Write about us, our story. Make it your own and let the world read it. Stories like this demand to be told."

It sounds fascinating when he puts it that way.

Then, they started to play 'All I want for Christmas is you' on the radio.

"Come on, get up." Archer ordered me.

"What are you doing?"

"May I have this dance?" He held out his hand for me to take, which I did.

What started as a slow dance turned to a faster one as the chorus kicked in. We strutted around the hall, Archer spinning me around and I keeping up the pace. When the song was about to finish, he dipped my body. I looked at his face and I saw it. We were under the mistletoe he was  desperately trying to hang up before. Noticing where my gaze was fixated, he also looked.

"Well, well. We can't break the tradition, can we?"

Archer drew me up against his chest and kissed me. This one isn't as the ones we've shared before. This one was gentle, neither hungry nor desperate. It started off as a mere touch, but it continued to gain intensity. His hands caressed my back while mine were doing the same to his cheeks. Neither of us wanted to turn this into a make out session. We wanted to remember this moment in a sweet, beautiful way.

I didn't want to care about the nonexistent future of this relationship or if I would end up in a heartbreak. I wanted it to be just him and I. Not a ghost kissing a troubled girl, but a normal boy kissing a normal girl on Christmas Eve. Just for at least a few more seconds.

I pulled back before this would affect me more than it already has.

"Grace, I-"

"Don't. It will make things more complicated."

"Don't you think we should talk about what's happening between us? It's not just a simple crush Grace, and you know it. You feel it too."

"It won't change anything Archer."

"But if we could just look at the bigger picture, maybe-".

"We both now we can't. Look Archer, I won't deny I feel something. However, do you really think it will lead us anywhere?" I sighed and looked at my watch. "My family will be arriving at this very moment, I must go. Thank you so much for the writing machine, I'll make good use of it. See you tomorrow." I side hugged him, holding my new writing machine.

"See you. This conversation isn't finished, just so you know."

I just waved him off and made my way to my grandfather's house, lots of thoughts wandering around my mind.

                                *****

A.N: Grace is one stubborn girl, but try to understand her. Next chapter there will be a pretty emotional encounter, just so you know. You've been warned.
Love,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266 23 16
Living in an asylum for the past 5 years isn't easy. You can't get mad, forced to take pills, forget your emotions and only focus on "getting better...
163 22 41
This is a story when two opposite people a boy who's called Jamie and a girl who's called Emily like two different magnets drawing closer together a...
14.2K 2.9K 32
✪ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ✪ ★ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ★ ☆ 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 @𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
467 23 23
Alice is a 19 year old girl who is lost in the world and is part of the 30% of the population. She isn't like normal teens, she is a werewolf. It mig...