Kissing Away Insecurities | āœ“

By anamika_writes

Separated by distance united by hearts. But what happens when time leaves insecurities etched on hearts? A c... More

Prelude
Chapter 1 - Her Life
Chapter 2 - His Excitement
Chapter 4 - Restless Eyes
Chapter 5 - Bewildering Changes
Chapter 6 - Hand In Hand
Chapter 7 - Little Perfections
Chapter 8- Another Surprise ?
Chapter 9 - On Her Mind, In His Heart
Chapter 10 - What Hearts Hold
Chapter 11 - Away Or Close?
Chapter 12 - The Pang In Heart
Chapter 13 - Still In Love
Chapter 14 - Searching For Remedy
Chapter 15 - Heartache.
Chapter 16 - His Battles
Chapter 17 - Disobedient Desires
Chapter 18 - Love Is Happiness
Chapter 19 - A Lot In Love
Chapter 20 - Still Falling For You
Chapter 21 - Burning In Your Desire
Chapter 22 - Love Me Like You Do
Chapter 23 - Their Paradise
Chapter 24 - Love Is Still There
Chapter 25 - Heartfelt Kisses
Chapter 26 - Heart Knows
Chapter 27 - Onset Of The Storm
Chapter 28 - Pouring Pain
Chapter 29 - Kissing Away The Pain
Chapter 30 - Love Means Eternity
Chapter 31- Let Me Love You
Chapter 32 - Serendipity
Chapter 33 - In A Family
Chapter 34 - Love Is Crazy
Chapter 35 - Can't Love You Enough
Chapter 36 - Spoilt Plans
Chapter 37 - Togetherness
Chapter 38 - Seed Of Jealousy
Chapter 39 - Dejected
Chapter 40 - Tumultuous Outburst
Chapter 41 - A Day Without Her
Chapter 42 - Won't Give Up
Chapter 43 - Stubborn Hearts
Chapter 44 - Longing
Chapter 45- Holding On To You
Chapter 46 - Insatiable Need
Chapter 47 - Being A Couple
Chapter 48 - Stubborn Insecurity
Chapter 49 - Pushing Away The Anger
Chapter 50 - L O V E
Chapter 51 - Understanding Unspoken
Chapter 52 - Imperfectly Perfect
Chapter 53 - Celebrating Love
Chapter 54 - Beyond The Insecurities
Last Part & Epilogue
#1.1 - Bonus Chapter - "21 Questions"
#1.2 - Bonus Chapter - "21 Questions"
Reader's Review & Reader's Journey
"Quotes From The Book"
Feedback & Fun
Reader's Journey
Readers' Digest
Other Books
Author's Note

Chapter 3 - Incredulity

18.7K 1.5K 141
By anamika_writes

An irked Anika returned home to find immediate happiness sweeping her off her feet. She was welcomed by not just her parents from marriage but her parents from birth as well. She ran quickly hugging her mother and father. "Oh my! What a pleasant surprise!"  She kissed her Maa's forehead. Then gave her Paa, her father, a warm hug.

Shivaay's mother Pinky smiled. "See Someone forgot me already!"

"Offo, Mumma!" Anika hugged her as well. "I am so happy. " she beamed in joy looking at her Papa, then at Shivaay's Dad, Shakti. "See Papa, someone learned to surprise!" She hugged him as well.

"Offo Anika, she can't surprise. This I tell by experience. Nothing sits in her stomach for too long." Shakti joked. The others laughed.

Pinky and Shakti began their banter while Anika and her parents looked at the duo in awe. 

"Maa-Paa..I am so happy to see you!" She smiled at them. In a while, this was the best day.

"Well the credit goes to someone else!" Her mother 's eyes twinkled.

"Hmm.." She hummed, "let me make a guess..." She looked at each face closely. She could read all their faces. Now, something was up. Before she could say something two hands covered her eyes from behind. Anika gasped. Now, now, who was this?

She slowly felt the strong palms. Going further her hands felt a shirt and then a blazer over it. She sniffed, the perfume wasn't familiar. But her heart skipped beats. Who could this be?

Only when a familiar voice rang in her ears, she knew who it was. 

"Surprise!"

Her heart sank. It was him!

He removed his hands and her eyes settled to light again. Her heart forgot to beat. She hadn't felt this mad churning in her stomach even when she had first met him. 

He slowly came to her side and grinned. Her eyes got lost in exploring him. He had changed so much. Nothing familiar about him she could catch. His full face now was perfectly carved and was a bed to trimmed stubble. His dressing had changed remarkably. His hair had a new style. There was absolutely nothing that was still the same about his appearance. His frame which was used to a simple shirt and jeans now wore a perfectly tailored three-piece suit. His arms and body appeared muscular, more perfect than before. Her gaze slowly swept down. His belly had been transformed into well-carved abs, she could say from the way his shirt highlighted what lay beneath. Her eyes traveled up to his face. His eyes -they were the same. But more highlighted because of the dark stubble.  He was a changed man! Her husband was a changed man! 

He looked at her gaping at him. He had sort of expected it from his wife. But he couldn't believe the change he saw in her. Was she the same Anika he left behind? She was dressed in a simple off-shoulder yellow kurti and white leggings. Her hair smoothly straightened. It had grown so long. Her full cheeks had disappeared. She had lost so much weight. She looked sleek. But as sexy and gorgeous as before. There was no dupatta hanging on her shoulder. Her lips had a dark lipstick. Her eyes and lashes had make-up too. She was beautiful like always. Perhaps a little more now. Was it the long separation that made her appear more beautiful than before? He couldn't take his eyes off her.

Anika couldn't look away either. Clearing of throats brought them to the ground. He grinned while she blushed, tucking a wild tress behind her ear. He noticed it with his watchful eyes. 

"Now, what made you late? He thought you'd be home. Isn't it the most beautiful surprise?" Pinky chirped.

"See, I said Anika will be speechless." Her dad added.

Anika couldn't look away. Was she in a dream? She slowly dragged her fingers to her forearm and pinched herself. Shivaay's face contoured into an amused grin noticing it. "I am here for real!" He said.

She gaped. While others laughed. Words did not come out of her mouth. She looked at the floor hesitantly. Oh gosh! This was overwhelming. She looked back up at him. He had changed drastically in looks. He wasn't of a different mind. No matter how hard he tried not to gape at her and he did just that.

"Hi!" She finally found a word.

"Hey!" He had never felt so awkward. He bent slightly coming close. Her heart froze at the sudden closeness. 

"Okay, we are all closing our eyes. " Pinky announced, seeing the two hesitant lovers. The others did the same. 

Shivaay parted his lips looking at her. She quickly placed her hands on his elbows and bent over his shoulder and pulled back. He was confused. She was faster than lightning. Was that a hug? No way, a misnomer!

The others opened their eyes only to find the two staring at each other. It was too much for the other to register. Of course, the elders did not know that. They probably assumed the two were in regular texting or video chatting.

"I will freshen up " Anika turned her gaze from him to the others. She couldn't hold this storming feeling within herself. 

He nodded and looked at her go up the stairs. The others laughed as Pinky said Anika was shy. He grinned. Finally Home!

She quickly shut the door. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She covered her mouth. The feeling was too strong. She couldn't comprehend why she was crying. But her heart was frantic. It was too much to absorb. She had just seen him after some 380 days! 

Tears did not stop. Why was she crying? Were they happy tears or otherwise? Why did she behave like that downstairs? She couldn't still believe it. He was there! 

She looked at herself. Picking up the tissues from the dressing table she wiped her face. Everyone would be waiting down. She trembled as she moved towards the cupboard. What should she wear? This had never troubled her when he was not there. But this confusion made a come back with his arrival. She pulled out a red sleeveless kurti after many options. She quickly changed and was walking back to the dressing table when her gaze froze at the study table. She panicked and quickly opened the draw. Picking up the diaries and the letters she kept them hidden in the locker of her cupboard. She leaned against the cupboard after locking it. Why was she behaving like this? He wasn't a stranger, he was her-Shivaay! 

Her Shivaay, who had changed a lot! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

767K 36.6K 76
Anand and Gitanjali are bound to get married. Only problem is that they both expect different things from life and this marriage. One is empathetic. ...
93.1K 3.7K 34
For her, he is a stranger For him, she isn't They both shared a past which she is unaware about Dive in to know what will happen When she will know...
637K 48.5K 50
[Contains Mature Scenes] Sometimes we do things in the spur of the moment. No thought put into it, whatsoever! Started : 24th Feb, 2020. Completed :...
224K 7.5K 62
A story of two people who just hate eachother but destiny have some other plans for them Let's see what happened between them will they unite or fal...