One Last Chance: A Nymphadora...

By SunsetButterfly321

"You've got one more chance to fall in love. Are you going to take it or not?" Falling in love just wasn't t... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XVI
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLIII
XLIV
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXIII
LXIV - Epilogue
A Letter to You
THANK YOU

XXXVIII

2.6K 59 104
By SunsetButterfly321

Remus nearly dropped her. The world seemed to spin under him. His heart raced wildly, as if trying to get the most beats per second. His eyes widened and his breathing was heavy. He thought he was going to faint. A lump in his throat formed. He could badly croak out the word "What?"

Suddenly, the celebration grew darker. A silver lynx appeared. The minister... dead. The Ministry was now under the control of Death Eaters. And they'd becoming soon.

Now wasn't the time to be worrying about this, he scolded himself. His wife had the right idea. She waved her wand wordlessly, mouthing the spells. She casted protective shields and enchantments over the guests and home. He soon joined her in casting. Death Eaters began to apparate into the crowd. Wedding guests apparated away from the scene. Other members of the Order began their protective enchantments.

Remus' mind drifted to wonder where the children were. Ginny was still with them, casting spells. Fred and George began their enchantments. Bill and Fleur stayed behind, waving their wands alongside them. Molly was here, too. Harry, Ron and Hermione must've left and headed for safety.

The whole wizarding world was in grave danger. No one was safe.

He quickly noticed someone other than a wedding guest moving inside the forcefield. He glanced behind him. A few Death Eaters must've made it inside before they casted the charms. Remus turned around and shot a stunning spell at one. Most of the protective charms must be up by now.

Thank goodness his magic wasn't sloppy. Dora noticed that he stopped casting charms and glanced at him, urging him to get some help from someone. Her part of the shield was still a bit weak and she had to finish it.

Ginny fired a curse into the small crowd of Death Eaters. Her protective shield was being taken over by her mother. Molly preferred that Ginny stay inside the house, but she'd refused. Remus fired off another stunning spell. Jets of green light whizzed last his arm. Then casted a temporary shielding spell to protect his wife. Another Death Eater had his wand pointed at her back. He stunned that one too.

Other members turned around at some points to cast a temporary shield for another and fired a stunning or disarming spell at the crowd of Death Eaters.

With Ginny's help, and a few occasional spells few from the others, a group of Death Eaters lay on the floor, stunned and unmoving. The protective enchantments were finished.

Now, how were they going to deal with the group of Death Eaters laying stunned at their feet. Remus figured they could obliviate them. Killing Death Eaters in the cold blood wouldn't make them any better than them. Dora turned around, as did the rest of the Order.

What were they going to do? Molly decided to obliviate them. She'd casted the charm. When they woke up, they wouldn't remember a thing. Remus grabbed Dora's wrists and apparated them outside her mother's home, where he promised that they could go afterward.

"Dora, what you mean you're-you're pregnant?" he asked worriedly, running a sharp hand through his hair, "There's a baby inside of you?"
"That's the definition of pregnancy, yes Remus." she smiled. But upon seeing his worry stricken face, the smile faded, "You're going to be happy, right?"
"How long have you known?"
"A-a month or so."

The sick feeling from earlier came again. His head began to hurt. His heart wouldn't stop racing. Remus felt like he was going to throw up. A child. A precious and wonderful child. Would be born in a time of warring and fighting. Deaths and murders. How could they bring a child into a world like this? Even worse, the child would've inherited his genes. Or at least half of them.

This was all my fault, he told himself, all my fault. He couldn't bear to look at the child who'd blame his everyday and night for his most painful hardship—being a werewolf every full moon. There's-there's never been a case of lycanthropy being inherited, so who's knows what could happen?

He needed some time to think. He needed to be alone. But the child. The poor child. Even if he wasn't a werewolf, how would society look at the both of them. His wife and child. The doubts that had been sown in before they were married began to rise again, clouding his thoughts and hurting his head.

How would they be treated? Dora was already not able to find a job. He wasn't going to be able to help her because he'd never find job. How were they going to feed care for the child.

Only one thought ran through his mind, this was a mistake, this is all my fault. My fault. He knew in his heart that her loved her too much to stay and too much to leave her.

He could leave. Leaving them would help them be accepted into society once more. No one needed to know that they affiliated with a werewolf before. A monster. A creature deserving death. A beast so horrible, a glance would give you nightmares for weeks.
Remus also needed time to clear his head. He needed to do what was best for them. It was kill his heart to leave them, but... it was what had to be done. Dora needed to find a job. She'd be able to get her old job back if he was out of the picture. Even if the child wasn't a werewolf, they'd all know who his father was. And the child would be rejected and looked down upon by society.

"Remus?" his wife's voice invaded his thoughts, "Are-are you okay with this?"
"Dora how can I live knowing I'd cursed you and an innocent child to a horrible life?" he nearly shouted, his eyes were welling with tears.

"You-you know that's not true!" she cried, "I-I was so happy, Remus. We were happy. Happier than we ever were." She was right, he'd never seen her smile like she did whenever she was with him. He'd smiled so often too. "Now, a miracle's happened and for once can you just be happy and content? This child will be fine. And will be happy."

"Dora. This child would never be accepted by society, and neither would you. As long as I'm around!" he watched as tears streamed down her face, "This-this was all a mistake! It's-it's all my fault. Even your parents don't approve and never will of our wedding!l 
"Remus, you're being hysterical! My parents love you! Listen to me!" she reached for his hand, he pulled it away. He couldn't look her in the eye. Tears streamed down her face endlessly. He yearned to wipe them away, but he needed to keep his distance. For their protection.

"Why haven't you learned that I don't care about that! I never have! And you think that the child will care? You're his or her father! This child will love you no matter what! I love you no matter what! Just-just stay... please." her voice faded to a whisper, tears fell to the floor. She seemed so intent on arguing with him that she didn't wipe them away. Remus couldn't bear it any longer and he raised a hand to wipe away salty tears with his thumb. He gazed at her. One of the most wonderful things that this world didn't deserve. A beautiful and vivacious person. Someone he'd love until the end of his days. He took a few steps back.

She knew that he'd volunteered to go and check up on Harry, Ron, and Hermione at 12 Grimmauld Place, where they had gone after a fight in a cafe of some sort. But would he be coming back? That was yet to be decided.

"Be reasonable, Dora!" he cried, he stopped looking down at his hands and fighting tears, "I can't." Remus raced towards the forest. She didn't call out for him. But he'd stopped to look back a few times. Andromeda opened the door to let her daughter in. Suddenly, his promise to Ted and his wife rang true in his ear. And breaking the most sacred promise to his wife hurt the most.

Hello good friends! Anyone start their first day of school yet? Mine's tomorrow, so that's fun. And I'm starting my first day of high school, so that's even more exciting. (Note the sarcasm.) I hope that everyone likes this story so and to make up for the sad chapter, I have a picture of a group of Pygmy puffs I drew.

I wanted to fit a yellow one, but didn't know where so I stuck him on a balloon.

Anyway, question of the chapter is... what position in Quidditch would you play?
Personally, I'm not a sporty person and I'm really lazy when it comes to sports. I'd rather sit on the sidelines, cheering on my friends. But if I really had to choose, probably seeker. One, I'm not interacting with other people on the field other then the opposing seeker and I don't exactly want to have to have a good aim. Beaters use bats—yeah no. Chasers have to throw—ha ha ha can't do that for my life. Keepers watch three goals—I'm easily distracted, which is pretty sad and I've never liked playing goalie in the soccer/futbol/football whatever you guys call it. 

Anyway, see you all next time!
-Abby

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 106 21
"I finally see what You knew was inside me All along, That behind this soft exterior Lies a warrior" Jessica parker has always been the shy girl her...
4.1K 390 31
Elia Lillian Salvatore lives with her aunt Lexi Branson Salvatore out of the town in a boarding house. She's barely allowed to meet people and make f...
1M 55.2K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
11.7K 128 13
The villians are all on isle of the lost.the children are willing to do anything for their parents to show that they are evil will things change our...