A Vampire's Marine (boyxboy)

By DoUbLeZone

When a master class vampire decides he wants a certain marine by his side then nothing; not even that marine'... More

Author's Notes
Prologue: Departure.
Chapter 1: Battlefield
Chapter 2: Vamp moods
Chapter 3:Denial, Guilt, Shame...love.
Chapter 4: Kaio's Patient
Chapter 5: Before the present
Chapter 6: The flesh is weak.
Sneak Peek for Chapter 7
Chapter 7: Before the court.
Chapter 8: Decisions
Chapter 9: The spirit of the coven.
Chapter 10: Use of Force.
Chapter 11: His sick bed.
Chapter 12: Plans and Schemes
Chapter 13: Sleep deprived
Chapter 14: We need to talk.
Chapter 15: Recollections of the past.
Chapter 16: Snow White and My Prince.
Chapter 17: While you were away.
Chapter 18: The hunted.
Bonus chapter: Giving in.
Chapter 19: The shapes in the clouds.
Chapter 20: The Ant and his escort.
Chapter 21: Night Life.
Bonus Chapter: All good things must come to an end.
Chapter 22: Consequences.
Chapter 24: Dear Rien.
Chapter 25: My brother; the snake.
Chapter 26: Low spirits all 'round.
Chapter 27: Breakfast routine
Chapter 28: Discovery bay.
Chapter 29 : In-flight
Chapter 29 continued...
Chapter 30: Human of the wolf pack.
Chapter 31: As he lay dying.
Chapter 32: My promise to the world.
Chapter 33: My brothers; his saviors.
Chapter 34: In transition
Chapter 35: My Keeper. My Savior. My King.
Chapter 36: Soon it will pass...
Chapter 37: Let us howl at the moon...
Chapter 38: Schemes and Plans
Chapter 39: Betrayal
Chapter 40: Some Are Born Great.
Chapter 41: What lies within
Mini bonus Chapter
Chapter 42: A little bit of your attention
Sneak Peek for chapter 43
Chapter 43: The blue room and the brothers.
Chapter 44: The Universe Has Won.
Chapter 45: Zahir
Chapter 46: The calm before the storm
Chapter 47: Immortality
Chapter 48: In the throes of war
Chapter 49: Target Practice
Chapter 50: Heir to the Throne
Chapter 51: Clandestine Lover
Chapter 52: First Son.
Chapter 53: Kandane
Chapter 54: The S.S. Christoah
Chapter 55: Primary Objective
Chapter 56: Damascus and Demetrius
Chapter 57: Our Future Together
Chapter 58: Sweet Mary
Chapter 59: Brother Dearest

Chapter 23: Plans and Schemes.

50.4K 2.1K 1K
By DoUbLeZone

Chapter 23

~5 years, four months and two days ago~

“Dear god Tony, for the preservation of my sanity, get down from there.”

I rolled my eyes at his nagging but jumped down from the ledge anyway, and went sit beside him on one of the many cement blocks scattered across the rooftop.

“I want you to meet a friend of mine.” I told him.

 “No.” came his expected, and immediate reply. I propped my elbows onto my knees and regarded him.

“You don’t even know who it is.”

“All your comrades are delinquents, who, in my opinion are a bad influence on you.” He said drily, and I smirked.

“I’d like to think I’m the bad influence.” I said with a wide grin.

He glanced over the ledge, taking in the view of the city below… “You are certainly a frequent contributor.”

“His name’s Noah...I told you about him remember?”

He glanced over at me.

“How could I forget, arrested more times than anyone has any right to be, multiple piercings, drug dealer, and of course your first kiss… certainly a meeting to look forward to.” He finished sarcastically.

“I never said he was a drug dealer.”

“No, but I imagine the profession will soon find him.”

I ignored him.

“He knows about vampires.” I continued, and his eyes shot to mine.

“You told him?”

“Of course not...you think you’re the first vamp to reveal himself to a human?” I questioned, and he actually seemed to be think on it.

“It would not surprise me.”

“I already told him I was bringing you by to meet him, so you can’t back out now.”

He raised a brow. “That was your vow, not mine.”

“Is that a definite no then?” I questioned, knowing the answer before he said it.

He glanced at me, his eyes narrowing at my smile, before he turned back to the view below.

“When have I ever really been able to say no to you?”

I dropped a hand on his shoulder and squeezed. “I really appreciate this Rien.” I told him sincerely. When he nodded, I planted a quick kiss on the side of his head, and hopped back up to my perch on the ledge. He turned his eyes to the sky in exasperation.

……………………

……………….Present………………..

 I squinted against the bright light shining through the window, and rolled to the edge of the bed in preparation to go pull the thick curtains closed, when an arm snaked around my torso and pulled me back to the center of the bed.

“Where do you think you’re going?”  Rien whispered, and I smiled.

“Is there a reason you need to know everything?” I teased when he nipped my ear, and I could feel his answering smile against my neck.

“It brings me comfort.”

“I was going to close the drapes.” I told him as I raised a hand to shield my eyes from the rays of the sun.

His hand landed on the inside of my thigh.

“Kaio will do it.”

“The window’s two steps away, I can get it myself.” I complained and my breath caught when his fingers travelled higher.

“I’m not quite finished with you yet.” He kissed the sensitive spot behind my ear, and I shivered.

“Someone once told me that master class vamps are insatiable…you’re proving them right.”  I said grabbing his hand and moving it away from my body.

“You’re absolutely ravishing, I cannot help myself.”

Another nip, and finally I pulled away from him completely.

“Yeah well I’m only human and I can only get it up so many times in only a few short hours.” I said with another grin, then with a sigh, the smile melted from my face.

“There’s something we need to talk about and you’re not going like it.” I told him seriously, and with an uncharacteristic groan he finally released me, and propped his head up on his elbow to stare.

I sat up with my back against the headboard, then took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “I’m going back to my home town for a couple of days.” I told him, and as expected, his expression shuttered.

“That is out of the question.”

“Good thing I’m not asking then.” I said softly and he finally pushed up from his position and sat.

“My father is happily planning your death for leaving the coven only a fortnight ago, and I have yet to find a way to prevent it. Do you really believe I would let you leave again?”

“We don’t know if he’s planning anything at all, you said it yourself, he hasn’t even mentioned it and it’s been two weeks.”

“He is a patient man. I assure he has not forgotten.”

“It doesn’t matter, I’m already in the hot seat, so leaving again can’t be that much of an issue…what’s he gonna do? Kill me twice?” I questioned with a grin, but he didn’t appreciate my humor.

“I would rather he did not kill you at all to be frank.” He said seriously.

“I’m trying to make this work here. I’m working hard to get over all our past shit and somehow move on, but I feel like a prisoner here and sometimes I just need an escape.” I explained.

“If you leave again, he will view it as a form of disrespect, and there is no telling just how he will retaliate.” He said in earnest and I shrugged.

“Maybe if you talk to him. You’re already playing by his rules by doing the damn ceremony, it can’t be that much of a big deal if I leave.”

He turned away from me and stepped off the bed, and I watched him, naked and magnificent as he padded across the room and picked up his robes.

“Father likes to be in control, he does not give second chances, and he does not reconsider a decision once he has made it.”

“You’re his favorite son, that has to count for something. Just use that advantage.” I tried.

“It will not make a difference to him who I am. He knows his own mind.” He countered, and slipped the robes over his shoulders.

“You won’t really know until you’ve tried.” My eyes found his and our gazes held, and finally, he stopped trying to fix his clothes and lowered himself into the chair across the room.

“Where will you go?”

“I’ve been thinking of giving Noah a visit…I haven’t seen him in years.” I said with a grin as I remembered my best friend from long ago.

His mouth tightened, reminding me of the one time they had met and how badly it had gone down. I winced. “I heard he opened a tattoo parlor down the street from that old theatre we used to hand out at.” I continued, selling him on the idea of Noah as an upstanding citizen of the world.

“Even if I were open to the idea, I cannot leave the coven now, there are things being put into place that require my attention, which means flying halfway across the country at such a time is impossible.”

“I think I can survive a trip home without you…relax, I’m not a kid anymore remember?”

“Regardless…you cannot go without an escort. I will not allow it.”

I gritted my teeth for a second, then took another calming breath. “Then I’ll take Kaio with me.”

Compromise.

“Kaio has a mate to see to, he cannot leave at such a crucial stage in his recovery.” He put up another roadblock, and my eyes narrowed.

“Alright, how about one of the other drudges?”

He shook his head. “They have a set routine that cannot be broken.”

I saw what was going on here.

“Then I’ll go with Christophe-”

“Absolutely not! That familiar-”

“…has all the time in the world and nothing to do with it.” I finished for him “Stop with the excuses Rien. Either I go with Christophe, or I go alone, either way I’m going.” I told him adamantly, and for a minute we glared at each other; our eyes unblinking and hard in the well lit room, until finally he glanced away.

“I cannot see how this will end well.” He said.

“It’ll be fine, just find me a cell phone, lend me your jet and some cash and we’ll be on our way, and back before you know it.”

He considered it. “Perhaps flying would not be your best option if you are a wanted man…well unless…” he trailed off and I waited for his conclusion.

“Very well. I will allow it, but with a few conditions…”

“Those being?”

“No shared rooms. You return to the coven on the precise date we agree upon, and you must keep in touch.”

“Deal.” I said with a grin, then shook my head at his  protectiveness.

“One more thing.” He continued, and I gestured with a hand for him to continue.

“You cannot go right away. Allow me a few days to approach my father with the matter, after which time, provided all goes well, you may leave.”

My eyes narrowed. “At least try to actually convince him instead of coming back here with some story about how you tried and failed.”

He grinned.

“Would I do such a thing?”

I rolled my eyes. “You staying over there all day or can we get on with our morning?” I asked with a sly smile of my own, before pulling the covers from my body.

His gaze raked over me slowly and his lips parted slightly. “I suppose we could both use a good morning workout.” He pulled off the robes and started for the bed.

…………………………………………

I approached the large grey mansion with Kaio by my side, and the doors were opened to allow us entry. Two drudges stood just inside the doors, and gave us both a short bow when we acknowledged them. The atmosphere in this particular home was different from Rien’s place. It felt more open, less formal and far less opulent. But it was nice, it felt as if it was well lived in, and I immediately felt comfortable here.

“Lord Christophe awaits your presence in the drawing room sir. May I take your outerwear?” One drudge asked and I shook my head. 

I looked around as we were led to the room, taking in the colors that bathed each wall. I was surprised by the shades, especially when Christophe himself wore only white.

“Ah Little Ant…To what do I owe to pleasure of your company?” his voice sounded from the very far end of the room as we entered, and my eyes widened in surprise.

“What’s up with your hair?”

He stood with a smile and came to greet us both with an outstretched hand. I shook it, my eyes still focused on the hair that once was.

“”I decided it was time for a change.” He said simply. “My adventure with you weeks ago opened my eyes to the beauty of the world and I thought I would share in it.”

“By cutting your hair?”

“Yes. Do you like it? My siblings think I look atrocious but I believe it suits me.”

And it did. It was like looking at a new man. The style allowed us to see what we couldn’t properly appreciate before, like the large eyes set against high, well-shaped cheekbones and a prominent jawline. He looked more like a model than a stuck up bloodsucker and I found that I actually liked the new look.

“It’s nice.” I told him, and his smile widened.

“Why not go for a wardrobe change too?”

He waved a hand. “I happen to like my apparel, and white has always been my favorite shade.” He gestured to the chairs before us. “Sit, tell me what brings you here. It has been two weeks without a word.” He said, and I dropped into the chair, waiting for Kiao to take a seat beside me.

“Yeah, I’ve been a little…busy.” I explained and he nodded. “I’m visiting my home town in a few days, and I want you to come with me.”

He eyes widened, then they travelled to kaio and back to me in disbelief. “Have you forgotten the consequences of our last outing? Lord Riener would have my head.”

“He’s all for it...you can ask him yourself if it’s such a big deal.”

“My family believes I have brought shame to our name as a result of my foolish actions. I do not think it wise to leave the coven again.” Christophe said carefully.

“You left the coven for a day, I don’t see the shame in that…your family’s been controlling  your life since the day you were born, don’t you think it’s time to make some decisions of your own?”

He was silent for a while, then finally he spoke.

“When will you depart?”

I grinned. “I’ll have to get back to you on that.”

“Very well. I will need some time to think about it, and only once I have received permission directly from lord Riener, will I chance it.” He said, and I nodded in agreement.

“Perfect.”

…………………………………………….

~Rien’s POV~

Later that evening I entered  my father’s study with my brothers, and several other warriors in tow, after being summoned to a meeting  without prior notice.

He stood in the very center of the room, and we were forced to gather around him. No one spoke, and not a breath could be heard as we awaited his speech, but when his eyes met mine, my blood ran cold.

He meant to speak of Tony’s actions. I surmised.

“Father, I do realize that the human you have so graciously allowed to remain among us has recently-”

“I have no time to worry myself with the human Riener. This meeting was called to order so that we may discuss our future plans.” He interrupted me.

“Plans with regards to what, may I ask?” I questioned, and he smiled, his eyes travelling from face to face before he spoke.

“We shall journey from the coven on a vital undertaking.” He began, and Jorlon and I exchanged a meaningful look.

“Three years ago, I sent a very small team on a great mission.” He began. “Their orders were to infiltrate a wolf camp and gather whatever secrets they could. Secrets that we can use to our advantage, and secrets that I can now say with pleasure, that we possess. This team has lived amongst the wolves for long enough, and they have done well.” He said with relish.

“Over the course of the next few weeks we will plan a path that will lead us to the very heart of this pack, and we will tear it apart from the inside out.” He looked at me. “I regret to inform you Riener, that your ceremony will be postponed until after our victory. At the moment we have need of every warrior this coven possesses as we prepare for battle.”

“Why do we battle with the children on the night Father? I fail to see how their downfall will be of any good to us.” I spoke, and once again all eyes turned to me.

He smiled. “Their downfall will be far more beneficial than you can ever hope to imagine my son.” He said ominously, and once again Jorlon and I shared a look.

“And this pack? Where is it?”

He rattled off a location, and everyone’s eyes flew to his in shock.

“You mean to infiltrate the largest pack in the state?”

He had the nerve to smile. “The very same, led by one Carson and his Beta Thomas.”

                                              AUTHOR'S NOTES

IF YOU GET WHERE THIS IS GOING YOU'RE A CHAMP!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME PEOPLE! I LOVE YOU AND GOODNIGHT.

I'll be following back everyone who leaves me a message on tumblr or who chooses to follow me on tumblr tonight!

Follow me on tumblr :http://www.tumblr.com/blog/twinzdouble

KEEP SWEET!

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 84.5K 48
"What are you doing here?" I gulped at the hoarse voice. Instead of replying, I stared at Maria's corpse lying on the floor. "You smell so sweet." I...
82.8K 3.4K 20
❝ i'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby ❞ - 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛... a boy who is the equivalent to a teenage dirtbag and has nightmares falls in love with t...
42.4K 950 41
In which the youngest Mikaelson sister has to choose between Family, Friends or Love because no matter what she does, apparently things never work ou...
1.6M 97.8K 37
*COMPLETED* (08.05.20) Noah Sorin is a 17-year-old genius who is sent on a mission to the Elite high school, Bran Prep High. His investigation? Vampi...