What Is Love? (A Ross and Roc...

By poeticjust

Two girls have the opportunity of a lifetime when they meet their idols, R5. Together, they must deal with dr... More

What Is Love?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Change Of Plans

Chapter 19

272 3 0
By poeticjust

She remembered me! I couldn't believe it! As I drove to Hilton Hotel, I just remembered I wanted to stay distant from my family. It was too early for her to start seeing me.

______ The Next Week ______

Rocky and Ratliff knocked on my hotel door. I answered it.

Rocky stared at me and smiled. I smiled back and gave him a hug.

Me: Rock! How have you been?

Rocky: Good! You?

Me: Ehh. Things are going along, slowly but surely.

Ratliff: Hey jojo!

Me: Oh my goodness Ratliff! *I gave him a hug* How are you?

Ratliff: Im tired girl! I need some sleep!

Rocky: Yeah, we're all tired.

Me: Well where is Riker, Rydel, and Ross?

Ratliff: They're out eating. Of course. No suprise though!

Me: *laughs* I could use a decent meal.

Rocky: I could go out and get us some McDonalds.

Me: I guess that's decent enough.

Rocky: Okay, I'll be back.

As Ratliff and I sat in the room, things got quieter by the minute. To break the silence I started a conversation.

Me: Hey! Listen. Thanks so much for giving me hope.

Ratliff: What hope?

Me: You know... With the fire incident...

Ratliff: *sits down next to me* Don't worry about it. As my mom always says, there is hope in everything, you just need to find it.

I stared at him. He stared back and smiled. All of a sudden he leaned in for a kiss. I didn't stop it. I was getting the feeling I felt with Rocky, but even stronger. It was like all my worries went away when he took his hand and held my cheek. His hands were as warm and gave me comfort. After about 9 seconds he hesitated.

Ratliff: I'm so sorry. I should ju--

Me: No! No! I mean--

Ratliff: You don't have feelings for Rocky?

Me: Well, I do, but--

Ratliff: So, I shouldn't---

Me: No, me and Rocky aren't together.

Ratliff: But I know you still like him.

Me: I do, but--

Ratliff: You need time to find yourself?

Me: Yeah, that's it.

Ratliff: I know the feeling. The kiss... was um....

Me: An accident?

[Ratliff's POV: I couldn't say I loved her, but I think it was love at first sight. I meant to kiss her, but not to hurt Rock! I couldn't say it was an accident, because I did care for her, but.... I had to.]

Ratliff: Yeah. It was. I'm sorry Jo. I would never jeopardize what you have with Rocky, even if you guys aren't together at the moment. It just wouldn't be right.

Rocky knocked on the door and I opened it. 

Me; Oh hey! *looks around* Where's the food?

Rocky: Well on my way here I saw this cool restaurant and thought you might want to go with me.

Me: Oh... *looks back at Ratliff* *Looks back at Rocky* Rocky, I told you--

Rocky: No-no! It's not a date, trust me! I just wanted to spend time with you.

Me: Sooo... Ratliff can come?

[Rocky's POV: Who am I kidding? It is a date! But I can't be to straight forward! And no way! Rat can't come! He'll make things awkward...]

Rocky: Eh sure.

Ratliff: It's okay Jo, I can just stay here and see if I can find something fun to do around this hotel.

Rocky: Aww, that sucks. I really wanted you to come. Oh well.

[Rocky's POV: Thank The Lord!]

I knew Rocky wanted to do more than have a friendly dinner, so I was in for a treat. We arrived and it was beautiful. It had a red scene and just spoke love.

He pulled out a chair for me.

Me: Rocky, you don't have to---

Rocky: Just let me treat you to a good night. It's the least I can do.

Me: Least you can do for what? *sits down*

Rocky: I don't exactly know *laughs* it just sounded romantic.

Me: *smiles* Rocky, I really like you.

Rocky: Me too! *talks nervously* I-I mean, I like you too, not I like me, because that would be totally conceded, and I'm not that! I'm the oppos--

Me: Rocky! Calm down *snickers*

Rocky: Sorry *smiles* I'm just so nervous. It's like this is my first time meeting you.

Me: Why?

Rocky: I don't know, it's just different now that we aren't together.

Me: I kind of need to talk to you about that.

Rocky: Yeah?

Me: I want to be with you.

Rocky: No way! *smiles*

Me: But, I don't want to hurt you

Rocky: Wait what? How will you hurt me?

Me: *says nothing*

Rocky: Joann?

Me: Well... today I-Well Ratliff and I kissed, but it meant absolutley nothing! It never meant to happen!

Rocky: *says nothing*

Me: *starting to tear up* Rocky! Please say something.

Rocky: So... did you kiss him?

Me: He kissed me. But--

Rocky: Are you f*cking kidding me?

Me: Rocky! Please! You have to understand, he was here for me when you weren't!

Rocky: So you guys are a thing?

Me: No, I was just vulnerable! I needed someone to save me from my situation.

Rocky: So you just like everyone that's there at the moment?

Me: No! It's not like th--

Rocky: Why am I even here?

Me: Rocky! Listen! Please! I love you from the bottom of my heart! I have never met anyone as loving or caring as you! You make me feel at home when I have no home! It wasn't my fault nor Ratliff, so please don't risk anything! If you want I will leave, I just want you to know that I will never love anyone as much as I love you! You are a part of me Rocky! If you left, I would just die! Please, just don't push me out of your life.

Waiter: Are you guys ready to order?

Rocky: No!

The waiter walked away with a frown on his face and muttered something under his breath but Rocky didn't care.

Rocky: Joann, I feel the same way, but I can't believe you would do anything like that! I would never leave you, because you have become a part of my life I never want to lose, but why? Why would you? Why would Ratliff?

Me: Rocky? Can we just forget this moment? It meant nothing! Don't you trust me? I mean, I am telling you this happened and I always tell you everything. When I said it was nothing, it was nothing to me!

Rocky: *calming down* Nothing? Are you sure?

Me: Positive! You are the only thing that matters to me!

Rocky: Okay. *takes my hand and leans for a kiss* Joann, you mean so much to me. Don't ever leave me.

Me: *whispers* I won't. Ever.

After we finish eating we go back to the hotel and Rocky acts as if I had never told him I kissed Ratliff. He hugged me like there was no tomorrow and looked at me as if I was the most beautiful girl in the world.

At that moment, it occurred to me that Rocky did love me, and would put anything aside just to be with me.

That

Was

Love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.3K 2.2K 56
"You're so incredibly strong to be able to live through such a difficult life. If that's not the true definition of beauty - being that strong - then...
1M 19.8K 73
.. c; after Ross saves Laura, they fall in love, but with people getting between them and problems going on.. Will they ever have a happy ending?
3.3K 122 34
R5 has this competition where you can win to go on tour with them .  The competition is where you answer a whole bunch of questions that no one...
134K 2.4K 38
Riley has to move to Cali because of her parents business. She is a huge fan of R5. When she meets them after an accident, her life is changed.