Paper Blades and Crimson Roses

By Kitaoblaze

Despite having never believed in "happy endings", Uchiha Sasuke is pretty happy with his life. But things go... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10

Part 4

2.3K 113 37
By Kitaoblaze

Here's another update on the last evening on my vacations. Dedicated to the awesome duration of vacations i had writing and uploading my stories along with my readers of course.

Start the song as you read, it goes with the chapter.
________

For the next week, Hinata and Sasuke talked very little, both coping with the circumstances in their own way.

Sasuke left for the office earlier than Hinata even woke up and worked late till night. Hinata worked but she came home early, working in her garden till she was dead tired.

Their friends had noticed the change but did not comment, thinking the couple had had a fight. Hinata and Sasuke had told no one about the pregnancy yet anyway.

Hinata sighed out, pushing her bangs behind her ear as she sat back in the shadow of a tree in her garden, just finished with her garden work. The weather was cloudy and it was going to rain soon.

This day last week, she had still been pregnant. She had not known she possibly might never become a mother. She had been happy.

She sighed out. This was not helping. She was not being fair to Sasuke, she knew. But honestly, she did not know how to face him.

She just thought about the disappointment and sorrow she would see in his eyes while he would pretend he was okay. Insisting that she does not worry. Her heart broke whenever she thought about it.

He'd tried to reach out to her...but she felt that they both needed to cope with this on their own. She'd get through it. They'd get through it. She knew it. It was just hard.

She decided to clean herself up. Despite it being Sunday, Sasuke was nowhere to be seen. He must have gone out with the boys, she thought to herself.

Just before she went to shower, she heard her phone beep. It was a text message from Sakura.

Arrived in Konoha yesterday. Want to meet up today at the Konoha Café at 5?

She looked at the clock which struck 4 right now. Sakura had gotten back yesterday? That was great. Sakura had been married to Gaara Sabaku, the youngest president of the Sand country, since 2 years. She worked as the head of the Capitol's hospital, being a great medic.

Yeah. See you at 5.

Hinata confirmed the meeting. She needed to get out of the house more anyways. She showered and dressed in a simple but elegant dress with black pumps. Leaving her hair open, she grabbed her car keys.

The café was half an hour from her place. She parked her car outside and walked inside the café. She spotted her close friend's flamboyant cherry pink hair at a table at the back of the café.

She walked there with a slight smile. Sakura had her back turned to Hinata. "Hi Sakura."

Sakura turned at the sound of her voice with a huge smile on her face. "Hinata!" she said as she got up and hugged her friend.

"How have you been?" Hinata asked sitting down in front of her friends. They were seeing each other after a whole year after all.

"I'm fine. Just been busy." Sakura admitted "And I know about you of course."

Hinata smiled slightly. "Yes. My work has also kept me busy."

"Isn't it wonderful how we all got our happy ending after all? We all became what we wanted to and we're all really happy." Sakura said, happily.

Hinata's mouth held a bitter taste at that. But yes, she was thankful for achieving her dream. Of becoming a successful business woman and getting married to the love of her life.

"Have you ordered?" she asked instead.

"No. I was waiting for you." Sakura said as she called over a waiter. They both ordered coffee and some biscuits to go with it.

Sakura started telling Hinata about the hospital and her job. "How is Gaara-kun?" Hinata asked.

"He's fine. I just fear he's overworking himself." Sakura said, worriedly.

"Well...he did become the youngest president of Suna. He's only 27 for Kami's sake." Hinata marveled with pride. Sakura smiled. She knew Hinata and Gaara shared a special bond. They were close friends. She was also aware of Gaara's former romantic feelings towards Hinata. But she held no envy or insecurity.

She knew Gaara loved her with everything. And Hinata was her friend. She deserved to be happy. Gaara had just been lonely. And Hinata being the awesome comforting person she was, had fit perfectly into the mold of the companion he required. Thus holding a special place in his heart, only for her.

"Yeah. He's a good person." Sakura said, her heart filling with love for the red head back home. "Too bad he does not let me visit Konoha often. He's selfish that way." She winked.

Hinata laughed softly. "Aren't we all?". Outside, the rain started falling in soft droplets, the sky dark.

Their order arrived and the girls started to talk about their mutual friends. "I am so glad Naruto finally proposed to Ino." Sakura said.

"Finally. If he waited any longer, she'd probably kill him." Hinata said in exasperation but smiled nonetheless.

"He's busy with the political stuff too though." Sakura sighed "We're all so busy. We have not hung out together in like...forever."

"Yes. It's been a while. And since Neji and Tenten are in the states with Kenji." Hinata added. Sakura looked at Hinata's face for a moment before speaking.

"Hinata...you look sad. Is everything alright?" Sakura asked.

"What? I'm fine. Why would you think I'm not?" Hinata asked, looking at her friend and forcing a smile.

"I've known you too long. What's wrong?" Sakura asked, narrowing her emerald orbs. Hinata hesitated before admitting she needed to let it out.

"It's...Sakura-I was pregnant." Hinata said.

"Hinata! That's awesome...why didn't you-? Wait. What do you mean you were pregnant?" Sakura stopped short.

Hinata sighed. She relayed the whole story to her friend who kept a firm hold on Hinata's hand the whole while.

"Oh Hinata..."

"I just...can't bear to see the disappointment and sorrow in Sasuke's eyes. I know he's also hurting. We've...not been talking."

"Hinata. You absolutely can't do that. He is your husband. You're supposed to share sorrow and joy together, not just joy. Talk to him."

"Talk to him...when I can't even give him a child he so obviously wants. And he won't say it because he loves me too much." Hinata said, tears coming out of her eyes.

"That's why you both need to talk. And who said you won't ever be a mother?" Sakura said through gritted teeth.

"The doctor implied it."

"Take me to that bastard sometime." Sakura said distractedly "Hinata...from what you've told me, childbirth is risky for you. Not impossible. Miscarriages happen sometimes. True, there's always a chance of another one in case of one, but it does not mean you don't take the chance."

"Even if I had a 1 percent chance, I would take it. For Gaara. And more importantly...for myself. I would never allow myself to live with the regret that I could have taken a chance and have seen what happened instead of saying grounded."

The rain outside was falling in huge torrents. The thunder rumbled.

"Sasuke. He will never agree." Hinata said, seeing the situation in a new light. Sakura scoffed.

"Hina...convince him. It's not only his choice. It is both of yours."

"Sakura...I love you so much." Hinata said, standing up from her seat. Sakura smiled at her encouragingly.

"Go get him Hinata." Sakura said. Hinata nodded and rushed outside through the rain to her car. It was 8, time had flown without her realizing it.

She unlocked her car, slid into the driver's seat and drove off towards home. To her husband.
____________

The rain had turned into a storm as she stepped outside the car and ran in the house. She saw Sasuke, who stopped pacing in the living room just as she stepped inside. His expression was taut with worry and his eyes held frustration and anger.

"Where were you?" he said, absolutely livid. He'd gotten home at about 6 with flowers for his wife, determined to make things right. But she had not been home and wasn't even picking her cell.

"Sasuke..."

"I've been sick with worry. I came home and-Just because we're not talking doesn't mean you leave without saying anything. I-Goddammit."

Sasuke said, his voice breaking and frustration evident in his eyes. "Sasuke-hey...I'm sorry I left without telling you."

She said walking closer to him. He looked at her as she took his face in her hands. "I'm sorry for making you worry." She said, pulling him down in a soft kiss. The first one they'd shared in a week.

Sasuke enveloped her in his arms and the kiss turned passionate quite quickly. "I've been worried sick." He admitted, leaning his forehead against hers.

"I was out to see Sakura-chan." Hinata told him.

"She's in Konoha?" he asked distractedly, breathing in her scent. Hinata murmured a 'yes' and they stood like that for a few moments.

"Sasuke...I need to talk to you." she told him as thunder rumbled loudly outside.

"Gods, it's about time. We go through this together Hinata." He told her, embracing her tightly once again.

She steeled herself because she knew he would not like this. "I want to try for a baby again." Sasuke stiffened up. It took him a few moments to catch up on what she meant before he pulled back to look at her face.

"What?" he asked her.

She took in a deep breath. "I want to try again for a baby." He looked at her for a long moment before he replied.

"No."

She listened to his breathing before she looked up at him. "Why"

"Why? Because it's dangerous." He said, as if she was the crazy one here.

"It's worth the risk Sasuke." She pleaded "I know you want to have kids as bad as I do. It's so worth the risk."

"Hinata, try to understand. I almost lost you before. I'm not going to let you walk to your death like this."

"It's my choice too. I want to do this."

"Hinata. No." Sasuke said with finality. Tears rushed to Hinata's eyes. She felt the frustration and anger inside.

"If there's even a little chance, I will take it. Because I can't ever live with the regret."

She said and turned away to go outside. Sasuke followed her to the threshold and watched her back as she crossed the garden in the rain, to get away from him.

He got a feeling of déjà vu and realized where he'd seen all this before. Years ago, when a stubborn brunette preferred walking in the rain than ride with him, the day he'd activated his Sharingan.

He realized Hinata was her own incredible person. She hadn't changed one bit. She was still the righteous stubborn hard head he knew. And he wanted her to stay this way.

He realized he would push her away if he tried to change that and impose his authority on something that was also her choice as much as it was his.

She said she'd never live with the regret. Could he? Never. He was just driving her to an edge acting like this. He took in a deep breath.

What was life without a little risk, he thought tiredly as he made his way after her. She'd walked out of the house and was walking along the road.

The scene was so much like the day his sharingan activated, he laughed as he ran after her, soaking in the rain.

"Hinata...wait." He said, grasping her arm as he towered over her. She looked at him tentatively. His smile reassured her a little and she looked slightly hopeful.

He smashed his lips on hers right there, with the rain falling on them. He felt her surprise before she kissed him back. He smiled.

He pulled back to speak. "Have I told you you're stubborn and annoying?"

She smiled shyly. "You have mentioned it once or twice."

"Good." He said as he swept her off her feet and carried her bridal style towards their house.

"Sasuke...what are you doing?" she asked.

"If you wanna have a brat so badly, we should get started on it as soon as possible, eh." He said, looking at her with a roguish smile, making her blush.

"Sasuke...thank you. So much. I love you. I love you so much." She said as she kissed him as he walked. He kissed her back before murmuring.

"Me too Hinata. Me too."
_____

Author notes:

This is my favorite chapter in the whole story because of Sasuke's reaction to her absence. What did you think? I have the drafts of the whole story complete and i will keep uploading them at a pace. And this is why you should love an active author.

Sorry guys but college is starting from tomorrow and i may not be able to upload as regularly because of the work-loads but don't worry. I will finish each and every story i ever start because this was what inspired me to write in the first place. i hate it when authors leave a good story hanging.

To the people who don't like Gaara and Sakura, come on guys, this is a fan fiction. I write crackships!!! Gaara and Sakura is a pretty popular ship from what I've read and honestly, i just wanted to go for it since Sakura always ends up with Naruto if not Sasuke. So no hate please.

Anyways, don't let my rambling start. What did you think of the chapter and what was your favorite part? Let me know what you think and what you like/dislike. Vote, comment and follow guys and the usual.

Until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.6K 982 18
A sasuhina story. How they develop in the peace after the war. I don't own Naruto
5.1K 338 18
SEQUEL TO "Professor Uchiha" book 1. After everything they've been through in her first year of college, Y/n and Sasuke, experience even more tough b...
12.1K 267 15
Mesmerized by Hinata, Uchiha Sasuke develops a feeling towards hinata. In his darkness she became a light. Love blooms in his heart. A story abou...
71.9K 2.3K 17
Its the day had come, finally hinata will marry the love of her life, naruto. He finally acknowledged her love, but the uchiha has another say. In su...