My Best friend is my mate and...

By JsReadings

Do you know what it feels like to be hated by the people you call family? Do you know how much it hurts to b... More

Rejection
I've got a new home
The wolf queen
Accepted Into The Dark Shadow Pack
Excuse me?
Who Missed me?
She's Back
A Totally Different Destiny
It's Just A Little To Late For Sorrys
I Really Hate That Bitch
Heartache
I'm What?
All Good Things Must Come To An End
Unanswered Questions Part 1
Unanswered Question Part 2- Give Me Love
Someone Loves Me
My Second Mate
Jake's POV Part 1
MUST READ
Must read!!!!!!!!
Jakes POV Part 2
Lets kick some ass!
Forgiveness, and Sam?
Just a little bit of Jake
A kiss of......
King
Ophelia
Strategy
Author's note
Update

Making Things Right

20K 686 211
By JsReadings

I took in a deep breath and started to explain my plan. “First off we need to keep this between us. What you guys learned should not be shared to anyone else from the pack. We have to leave them knowing as little as possible.” Everyone nodded and I continued.

“What I have in mind is not going to be easy. Since Talis and I are mated, I might not be able to actually hurt, let alone kill him.” I didn’t miss the low growl that escaped Jake’s lips. I rolled my eyes slightly and ignored him. “I’m not completely sure how strong our bond is but I don’t want to take any chances, so I’ve decided to see a woman that lives in the woods not too far from here.  She breaks bonds between soul mates, usually werewolves but I think she can help with breaking the bond between Talis and I.

Everyone seemed to be staring at me wide eyed. I wasn’t surprised. Almost no one knew about a bond actually breaking, many thought it was basically impossible. People thought that once a bond was broken that the pair would die instantly. Yes sometimes it happens but yet it can still be done.

Not all bonds can be broken though, I speak from experience. I glanced at Jake to see him looking at me intently.  I looked away quickly. “Destiny, you know doing that, you would be risking your life,” Mark stated sternly, and somewhat angry.

I felt the inside of my body grow hot.  I glared at Mark. “I’m already as good as dead Mark, it wouldn’t hurt to try. And anyways I’m not your average werewolf now am I?” I’m not sure why I snapped at Mark like that, but I guessed it had to do with the growling beast inside of me. I frowned and looked away from Mark and gazed at the floor. I was about to apologize but Mark spoke up first.

“How do you know about bond breaking?”  My eyes snapped up to Marks as his eyes narrowed slightly. I stayed quiet.  I then moved my gaze to Jake. He stared at me confused for a moment and then his eyes widened.  I could hear the gears turning in his head.

“I got word of it about two and a half years ago when I was searching. I wanted to meet with this lady, who was said to be the best at bond breakage.” I said simply. Jake looked at me in disbelief. I could basically feel the hurt that he felt. It’s been a very long time since I’ve actually felt his emotions. I usually just blocked it out.  

“What were you sear-

I quickly cut Mark off. “It’s nothing to worry about.” I looked at the rest of the people in the room, they all seemed pretty confused, all except Desiree who knew about my little search and understood perfectly.

I stood up straight and made my wolf queen powers known. My wolf roared to life, and I felt the demon inside me stir growled lowly. “We WILL go to see the bond breaker, and it must be as soon as possible. We cannot risk Talis’s and I’s bond to get any stronger.”  A horrible pain went through my heart as soon as the sentence left my mouth.

The demon inside me roared loudly. It seemed to be outraged.  Why the hell is this happening now? It’s not the first time I’ve said anything like this. I just said something about it a while ago and the demon didn’t behave like this.

I tried not to show how much pain I was in. I held myself together and continued on with the plan, though a bit more stiffly. 

“We all need to leave tonight so we will arrive by early morning. We must also travel on foot.  Cars or bikes or any forms of transportation will not be able to pass where we are going.  There are also going to be rouges at every turn out there, so we must also stay on high alert.”

“After we’re finished breaking the bond, you all will go back to the castle and stay there, while I go after Talis, on my own.”  The room was no longer as silent as before. It was filled with growling wolves. Protests was being shot all over the place.

“Dee you can’t be serious.” Anabelle squeaked. As the same time her sister yelled out a horrified ‘no’.

The twins were talking at the same time so I couldn’t fully understand what in the actual hell they were saying. Mark seemed outraged also and disagreed continuously. Jason was all red faced and was growling. I would of totally laughed at his face if we were still considered a family, or even considered friends.  Desiree looked like she could burn me alive and so did my brother.

There was one who was absolutely silent.  I turned and looked at Jake.  I swear if looks could kill, I would have already been six feet under. Jake eyes were completely black and his regular tanned skin seemed to be……orange?

He was shaking slightly while he was growling lowly.  His alpha power basically radiated off of him and was simply blasted out around the room. Everyone fell silent. I continued to stare at Jake, as he continue to glare at me.  More power seemed to radiate from him.

I could feel the familiar hear of fire coming off of him. My eyes widened in disbelief.  it couldn’t be. I opened my mouth to say something but Jake booming voice interrupted me.

“You will not be going up against Talis on your own. I will not lose you. You are my mate and you will not die. I will protect you. You are mine.” I could hear Jake’s wolf in his voice, but I could sense that Jakes’ presence was still there. With each word that came out of his mouth I felt waves of heat hit against my chest and the ache that lay still in my heart disappeared.

I continued to stare at Jake, not knowing what to say. I also knew it wasn’t any time to argue with him. I sighed and lowered my eyes to the ground.

“Fine. You all will be coming with me. But in the end Talis is mines and mines alone. You all can handle the rouges and the hunters.” Jake continued to glare at me.

‘You will not face him alone.’ Jake communicated through the mate bond. I was shocked that he could actually do that. All of my walls were basically blocked. Was our bond growing? I looked at him in confusion, but soon turned away.

“We leave in the next two hours. Tell the pack members that you will be leaving on some business. Do not involve anyone from the packs, it will get them killed.” I walked out of the room as I said this.

I quickly made it to my room and slammed my door shut. Who did that asshole think he is? Talking me like that. And why are all of them acting like they gave a shit about me. Was this guilt eating away at them or something? I sighed in frustration and quickly got a backpack from my closet. I got together all of the important things and shoved them all in my bag.

I jumped onto my bed and laid flat on my back. My thoughts were about to consume me but there was a slight knock on my door. I assumed it was Lily and simply said “come in.’

The sweet scent of my mate hit my nose instantly. I sat up quickly and glared at Jake. I showed of known better.  I should have known that it was him from the smell outside the door, I just assumed he had just passed by. I mentally slap myself as I continued to glare intently at Jake.

“We have only an hour left. You should be getting packed, and telling you mate that you’re leaving. You probably should go and have quickie with her since the trip would after all be dangerous.’ I said the last bit with a hint of sarcasm.

Jake simply stared at me and took a step forward. I watched him closely. I raised an annoyed eyebrow at him. He just continued to come towards me.

“What the fu-

With lightning speed Jake came up to me and smashed his lips to mine.  I could hear the loud howl my wolf made.  My heart beat pulsed through me and I knew Jake felt it, though he didn’t stop kissing me. My lips were moving on their own accord. My eyes closed and I melted into Jake. My heart continued to pulse but without the pain. It was almost like waves of pleasure and happiness pulsed through me instead of the horrible ache in my heart.

The kiss was slow and passionate.  We fell back on the bed. Though my hands itched to touch Jake they laid limply at my sides.  Our kiss seemed never ending. It was so sweet and full of……………….. love?

I felt hot tears on my face though they weren’t my own.  Jake was crying. Something I haven’t seen him done in a while.  My arms seemed to come to life as I touched his face gently and continued to kiss him. More tears seemed to fall from Jake’s eyes and soon enough mines were in the mix.

Soon enough we broke apart and I stared into his deep blue eyes.  He wiped the tears away from my eyes and I relished in his touch. What am I doing? How could I let this happen?  No I can’t, I can’t do this.  He is playing with me again, messing with my emotions. He already told me countless times that he was in love with Lorry. I pushed him away disgusted with myself.  I stood up and turned and glared at Jake. “What the actual fuck was that.” I yelled at him. His tears were already gone. I assumed he had already wiped them away.

Jake stared at me blankly. That was my thing. I narrowed my eyes at him.  I could slap myself repeatedly.  How could I let him kiss me, how could I have kissed him back. I smacked my hand on my face and sighed. My wolf was angered and was growling, complaining that I shouldn’t be questioning this, that our mate wants us.

New flash wolfy dear, he should have always wanted us.

“You tried to break our mate bond, didn’t you?”  My head snapped up to Jake and I simply stared at him. He was asking a question he already knew the answer to.

He scoffed and stood up from the bed. “Why would you even think of doing that Destiny? It’s not only life threatening but it’s a bond between us.” I stared at Jake in anger. How dear he. How dear he says that.  How dear he kiss me and then have the balls to talk to me about this, and actually look upset that I wanted to break our bond.

I stepped closer to Jake.  “Excuse me if I wanted to get rid of the awful pain I felt every time my mate was fucking another woman. Forgive me if I wanted to rid the pain of feeling your heart start to open up to someone else other than me. Forgive for not wanting to have anything to do with you Jake. You have no right to speak of bonds between us, because I wish ours weren’t real. I want to rid of you at this very moment. I want to get rid of you. All you do is mess with my already fucked up emotions. What? You want to get a quick fuck from me and run back to your mate. Aren’t you suppose to stay faithful to the bitch?” I yelled at him loudly, every word dripping with venom.

“As for the life threating part of it, I’m already going to die Jake. And back then I had nothing to live for. My pack and my mate abandoned me. I just didn’t care. I wanted to start a new life without having to feel everything that you and your mate were doing. I couldn’t take the fact that I had no one. That I didn’t have my original pack, my original family, or a loving mate.” I said the last part in almost a whisper.

I looked at the ground. The horrible pain was suddenly back into my heart.

“I’m sorry.” Jake stepped towards me and I took a step back, shaking my head. “Destiny I am so sorry. I jus-

“Get out Jake.” I said softly.

“Dest-

“Just get the hell out!” I yelled. Jake sighed and turned away and made his way towards the door.  He opened it and when he was about to step completely out he hesitated and turned to me.

“I broke it off with Lorry.” He said simply and shoved his hand into his pocket and took out a ring, and placed it onto the nearest table.

“I’m gonna make it right between us Dee. I promise.”  With that he shut the door closed. I stared at the door wide eyed. The ring sat on the table and walked over and picked it up. Sure enough, Lorry’s scent was all over it. I stared in disbelief.

“I broke it off with Lorry.”

“I’m gonna make it right between us Dee. I promise.” 

His words rang through my ears over and over again. I frowned and threw the ring across the room. It hit the wall so hard that it made a dent in it. I quickly ignored all the thoughts that was swarming in my head and grabbed the backpack. I looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that the two hours was up.

I realized that Jake and I have been kissing a lot longer than I thought. That kiss. I felt my body heat up but quickly pushed the thoughts of the kiss. I am now suddenly regretting even more. I pushed my door open and quickly made my way to where everyone that was leaving was.

The late night breeze hit my face instantly. Everyone was already there. I completely ignored Jake and led the group into the dark woods.

 No matter how much I tried to push the thought away, I couldn’t stop the words that flooded my mind.

“I’m gonna make it right between us Dee. I promise.” 

AUthor's note:  I'ts been a while. i'm sorry i took so long with this chap but i've been down and in a terrible mood. Not only did i move away from my island, my home, but i left all my friends behind and wouldn't be able to see them for two whole years.  Anywayzz i've been down in the dumps. I am currently now in the U.S. Now about the actual book. I promise the next chapter will be alot longer than this one. and also the book is almost finished. yayyyy!!!!! or mabye not yayyy. So don';t forget to vote and comment, and tell me what you think of Destiny's and Jake's little kissing scene.  XOXOXOXXOXOXO LATERZZZZZ!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 547 26
I enter at the club and see people, bouncing their heads, jumping. There’s also a band playing a rock song, but I barely understand it since the voca...
158K 11.8K 34
◦•●◉✿ While searching for true friendship, she found her true love. However, she was let down by her best friend when she needed her the...
160K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
199K 9.1K 30
(Though highly recommend to read the book "Obsession, Madness & Love" first, this book can be read as a standalone.) ________________________________...