Try Me ✔️

By Anime_Star_Shipper01

Lucy Heartfilia, the new kid. Natsu Dragneel, the popular kid. She can't stand his arrogant ass. Natsu finds... More

Author Note
Chapter 1 - a new begin
Chapter 2 - great
Chapter 3 - I'm still here
Chapter 4 - unlucky for me
Chapter 5 - novel
Chapter 6 - I expected more hostility
Chapter 7 - funny, Natsu
Chapter 8 - the deal
Chapter 9 - meeting his parents
Chapter 10 - crossing the line
Chapter 11 - paired up
Chapter 12 - truth or dare
Chapter 13 - that says something
Chapter 14 - promise
Chapter 15 - or else?
Chapter 16 - a fucking push
Chapter 17 - willing
Chapter 18 - balls
Chapter 19 - you
Chapter 20 - turn off
Chapter 21 - I will do it
Chapter 22 - What? No
Chapter 23 - too cheesy
Chapter 24 - shut up, dragon boy
Chapter 25 - and for the food
Chapter 26 - I recorded that
Chapter 27 - don't need it
Chapter 28 - it's a break
Chapter 29 - save it
Chapter 30 - awesome, handsome...
Chapter 31 - sort of
Chapter 32 - feet fingers
Chapter 33 - us included
Chapter 34 - Happy
Chapter 35 - get out
Chapter 36 - Ayumi
Chapter 37 - meet up
Chapter 38 - survived
Chapter 39 - avoiding
Epilogue
Thanks everyone❤️
EEEH GUYS!!!

Chapter 40 - sweet dreams

4.1K 105 277
By Anime_Star_Shipper01

I don't know much about Prom, so I already apologize if I write something wrong...

Sorry it took so long to write... I literally had to search the whole internet to understand what you do on a Prom😅😅😅 and I did question someone.
____________________

~Nobody's POV~

All the girls were awake, ready for the day. Ayumi left earlier, she said something about family problems.

Mira planned to go to relax at the spa. So they followed and they were the only ones. All the girls undressed themselves and lay down. Soon people came and began to massage them.

(I don't know much about a spa too😂😂)

"Haa.." Lucy answered, she felt a relaxing pleasure in her back. After one hour massaging they went to bathe in a hot bath.

After talking about what to wear and do they dressed in new clothes. They all agreed to do their nails, well, Mira made the plans and no one want to see the demon side of her.

First they went to eat at a cafe. Soon Lucy's phone vibrated, she told the girls to shut up and answered.

"Hey babe," Natsu's voice sounded on the phone. There grew a smile on Lucy's face.
"Hey Natsu! Why are you calling? I'm busy with the girls."
He chuckled. "Just letting you know that we, the boys, are going to fetch you with a limo at 6:45 pm. At your house."

Lucy set him on speaker, so the girls squealed when they heard the word limo.

"Alright," Lucy said smiling.
"Be sure to be the most beautiful girl tonight. I can't wait to see you, my angel." He had her flattered again. The girls were already teasing her.
"Then you have to look the most handsome... my devil."

Lucy decided to tease him back. But afterward cringed how she sounded.

"Why devil?!" he cried. The girls laughed.
"Kidding. Love you, see ya tonight," Lucy said and made a kiss sound.
"I love you too, baby. See you tonight."

And he ended the call. Mira immediately dragged them to a store where they do your nails.

They asked what colour and what design. Everyone chose a light colour with a flower on it. The end result were amazing in their eyes. They paid them and went to Lucy's home.

It was already 3:00 pm, due to the nails, spa and make-up shopping.

~Lucy's POV~

Even if Natsu said all those words in the cafe, I still feel jealous. I still don't know what Ayumi and Natsu did.

But I won't let it bother me tonight... I hope.

We all decided to dress around 6 six o'clock. Now we are just, sleeping, playing games or baking cakes.

~Natsu's POV~

We and the boys were chilling, playing games on the Xbox. I was just done hiring a limo for the night.

"Guys!" I said, getting their attention. They all raised their eyebrows. "Luce and I will go somewhere after the Prom, so we won't be joining you the ride home," I said.

"Ok," Gray said simply. Then Gajeel smirked. "What did you plan?"

I smiled. "Just a simple kind of picnic on a private beach. And we are going to stargaze." Gajeel snickered and patted my back.

"I'm proud of you," he said, fake crying. I laughed along with the rest. "With who did you plan it, Flame Brain?"

I wanted to yell at him and fight him, but my parents forbade fighting in their house. "With a new friend, Ayumi," I said, like it doesn't matter who planned it with me.

"Uhm, does Lucy know that you and Ayumi were meeting up?" Laxus asked suddenly. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Of course, but I didn't say why we were meeting up."

Jellal and Laxus were face palming. And Gajeel mumbled a 'baka.' I raised my eyebrow.

Jellal decided to explain. "You meet with another girl, decided to keep a secret in front of Lucy and you are secretive. She must be suspious. Do you get it?"

I shook my head. "He means Bunny girl would be jealous!" Gajeel said.

My eyes went wide. Shit!! I hope she doesn't think I would cheat on her. She did ask a lot what we were doing. And I didn't go to her house lately, because I was busy planning. Oh man, she probably thinks I cheat on her.

Gray say my panicking and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry. If the date is good, her doubts will go away."

I turned. "The best," I said with a smug grin. Gray smirked. "No way!"

Then we were throwing insult at each other.

"Yes way, Popsicle!"
"What did you call me, Flame Brain?!"
"ELSA!"
"ASH FOR BRAINS!"
"DROOPY EY-"

"SHUT UP!!" A high pitched voice said. We turned out attention to the source and it was Wendy. "Don't scream or you'll be kicked out."

We both remembered the time when my father kicked me out of our house for an hour. And when we both came inside again we got an earful lecture of my mom.

We both sweat dropped and sat down, quietly. Wendy came to my side and hugged me. "Big brother. I love you so much and I will do everything for you~" she said in a cute voice.

I sighed, I know why she said that. "What do you want?"

"Can I go to Romeo?" She asked with puppy eyes. "Who is that?" I asked, based on the name it is a boy.

'No, really Natsu?' My conscious said.

"A classmate..." Wendy said fidgetting with her fingers. "And what is he to you?"

"A friend," she answered softly. "LIAR!" Gajeel screamed and laughed at the other side of the room. Wendy became red. IL

Fuck. I shoved my hand through my hair. "You have a crush, don't you?"

She nodded slowly. I sighed, I can't always protect her. She grows too fast. "Fineee. But I swear if he fucking hurts—"

"Yeah Yeah! Bye!" Wendy said and ran away. If that Romeo guy does something to hurt my lil' sis... he can say Bye Bye to his life.

...

It was 6:00 pm so we are going to change in the tux. I am so nervous for the date after the Prom, even though I know my parents would set up the date.

But I'm much more excited to see how Lucy is going to look. The limo was already in front of my house. We checked the time and it was 6:30 pm.

"Well... better get going," I mumbled and I called mum and dad. "I AM GOING TO THE PROM!!" I screamed.

Mom came running downstairs and looked at me from head to toe. Of course she went to fix my tie, my hair and my face. "Mum, stoppp," I whined.

After 5 minutes she was done. My friends were already in the limousine snickering. My mother became tearyz

"My baby boy finally growing up..."

I rolled my eyes, I already grew up... I kissed mum and dad and waved goodbye. "See you later, probably later then midnight."

We arrived exactly on time. The chauffeur opened the door for us and we stepped out. I knocked on the door and Mira opened. I saw in my eye corners Laxus already drooling.

"Come in!" she said excitedly. We all went to the living room. The boys parted ways to their girls. Lucy came down with the staircase. It felt like everything went in slow motion. With each step she took my heart beat faster.

She was in a beautiful, red dress. I picked her hand from the staircase and led her down. "You look gorgeous," I smiled. I'd be lying if I said I am not drooling.

She blushed and hugged me, "You don't look bad yourself."

"Let's go!" I screamed and we went outside. Lucy and I sat next to each other in the limo.

When we arrived we went inside of course, after thanking the chauffeur for driving. But by the entrance the teachers gave us a corsage and a boutonnière. I did the corsage around Lucy's hand and smiled in the progress.

And she did the boutonnière in my pocket. Now we went inside. The spotlight was on use and almost every student looked at us.

Lucy became a little embarrassed and snuggled closer to me. I was still smiling. We, of course, heard the whispers.

"Looks like they arrived."
"Yup, the most popular group of the entire school."
"But I think they could care less about their status."
"Whatever."
"Natsu looks hot like always."
"Lucy looks beautiful..."

I wanted to punch that guy who said that last comment. Lucy stopped me before I could go. "Let it be. He isn't worth your attention, and by the way, it was just a compliment."

I nodded and sighed. We went for the pictures first. I held my hand around Lucy's waist and she around my upper torso.

We did a few more poses and went to the side. "Want something to drink?" I asked Lucy. She nodded. "Lemonade please."

I nodded and went to the drank table. I saw Ayumi and Renji there. "Since when are you in this school?" I asked both of them.

"We're not. We just sneaked in," Renji said. I forgot he likes to break the rules. We did a bro hug, man, I missed this guy. "Dating?" I asked at him. He nodded and pointed to Ayumi. "By the way, your dress for Lucy is awesome!"

"Thanks." I went to pick the lemonade and water and went back to Lucy. She was still on the same spot. "Here you go," I said and handed her her drink over with a tiny bow.

"Thanks," she said, but she didn't look that excited anymore. "What's wrong?" I asked worried.

She sighed. "I am just curious why you met with Ayumi the whole time, what did you two do?"

I smirked. "Do I hear jealousy?" She playfully slapped my arm, but not hard enough to let me spill my drink. I chuckled. "Don't be. You will find out tonight why I met with her."

She raised an eyebrow at me, but later chuckled. "Alright, I trust you."

We threw away the plastic cup and searched for our friends. They came running to us and dragged us to the dance floor.

We all already had an amazing night.

~Nobody's POV~

Makarov slowly made his way to the podium. The music went quiet and the students know what is up next.

"Are you enjoying the party till now brats?!" Makarov screamed in the microphone.

Everyone cheered. "Well, now we are going to announce the Prom King and Prom Queen!" The one who has a chance into becoming it cheered. Others cheered slowly. But even the one who were nominated knew who it is going to be.

Makarov cleared his throat and accepted the paper of Gildarts. "The Prom King of this year is... NATSU DRAGNEEL!!"

Natsu looked surprised and looked at his friends. They nodded and he went on the podium. The King from last year crowned him and put on him a sash. Makarov gave him the microphone.

Natsu cleared his throat. "So...uhmm. I would like to thank the organizing committee for making the Prom so awesome and I would also like to thank the guys who voted for me, even though I wasn't the best person this school year."

People clapped for him and he smiled a toothy grin at everyone. Well... his eyes never left Lucy's direction.

"Well... and the Prom Queen this year will be... Lucy Heartfilia!!"

Lucy's friends cheered and pushed Lucy the podium up. She almost tripped, because she did not expect it. The Prom Queen last year did the same as the King did with Natsu.

(Don't know if the queen also has to do a little speech)

"Thank you guys. I just enrolled this year and I never could guess this was the most awesome year I could get. I made the best friends and I have the most caring person as my boyfriend."

Everybody clapped slowly, some people only rolled their eyes. Thinking that only because they are rich they had the title. "LUCY SLUTFILIA DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE IT!!" Lisanna screamed. Her suspension was over, but of course she never learnt her lesson.

Lucy's eyebrow twitched. "Says the one who goes after Natsu, Bixlow and other guys. And a slut means that you slept with a lot of guys, I haven't, have
you? Wait, don't answer that, you probably have, Lisagna."

Some ooo'ed for Lucy and Natsu was literally laughing. Lisagna was humiliated and only gritted her teeth.

"Oh and by the way, stop being a spoiled little brat and just spend your time with your friends... if you actually have one."

They heard some chuckles.

"You bitc—"

"NO CURSING!" Makarov screamed, "Lisanna! If you want to stay at the Prom you have to behave yourself. I won't allow the night to be ruined. And Lucy won fair and square."

Lisanna wanted to complain, but the daring look in both Lucy and Natsu's eyes made her stop.

The photographer came and took pictures, even though they did that in the beginning already. There was no denying it. They were absolutely the King and Queen. They were each other King and Queen.

After that was done they went to the middle of the dance floor.

"Everybody choose a partner to dance with..."

It was slow dance time. Natsu went to Lucy. He stuck out one hand and bowed like a gentleman. "Does this lovely lady want to dance with me?"

Lucy placed her hand over his and giggled. "Of course, besides, it isn't like I have an other choice, Prom King."

Lucy did her arms around his neck and Natsu around her waist. They slowly went back and forth on the music.

You know I'd fall apart without you
I don't know how you do what you do
'Cause everything that don't make sense about me
Makes sense when I'm with you🎵

Their eyes never left each other. You could see all the emotion in them. But the one outstanding was love. They were madly in love.

Like everything that's green, girl, I need you
But it's more than one and one makes two
Put aside the math and the logic of it
You gotta know you're wanted too🎵

Lucy's heart eased when she looked at Natsu. Her doubts went away. No way he could lie about his feelings. No way he cheated on her. His eyes were so warm.

'Cause I wanna wrap you up
Wanna kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
And never let you forget it
Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted🎵

They still danced like they were alone. Never once did they let their moment be ruined. Almost by the end they embraced each other and danced further.

Anyone can tell you you're pretty, yeah
And you get that all the time, I know you do
But your beauty's deeper than the make-up
And I wanna show you what I see tonight...🎵

They didn't need to say anything. Their movements spoke for themselves.

As good as you make me feel
I wanna make you feel better
Better than your fairy tales
Better than your best dreams
You're more than everything I need
You're all I ever wanted
All I ever wanted🎵

The glinstering in their eyes were enough to fall in love over and over again.

And I just wanna wrap you up
Wanna kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
And never let you forget it
Yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted
Baby, I wanna make you feel wanted🎵

Natsu's entire happiness was her and her alone. The same sounds for Lucy, nobody could make her happier than Natsu.

You'll always be wanted🎵

Unfortunately the music has to end one time, but when it did, Natsu and Lucy went further dancing. Finally Natsu's lip moved. He softly whispered somethin' to her.

"I love you."

Lucy's lips curved to a lovely smile. "I love myself too."

Natsu shook his head with a small chuckle.

It was just like the song described their feelings for each other, nothing could be better.

Even when the spotlight was on them, they didn't even noticed it. They just leaned in for a lovely, passionate kiss.

It was a kiss full of emotion. Lucy and Natsu both loved every moment on it. When they broke apart they are brought back to reality. They looked around and saw everyone's eyes on them. They heard even clapping.

The group came to them. "Yo loverbirds," Levy said teasing them. But they were already red enough. Mira showed them the pictures she secretly took.

Even of the picture you could see that they were deeply in love. The group danced, ate, talked, laughed and smiled of course.

...

As much as they wanted their night to last longer, it has to end...

Everyone slowly made their way outside. Natsu already waved everyone goodbye, while Lucy still hadn't a clue about anything.

They were standing outside and Lucy wanted to step in the limousine, but the boys blocked it. "Uh-Uh. No entering for you, lady," Gray said smirking.

Lucy looked confused. Natsu came from behind and put his head on her shoulder. "You wanted to see why I met with Ayumi, right? Come with me then."

Lucy nodded and went to another car. It wasn't as big as a limousine, just a small car. Their was a chauffeur. Natsu led Lucy inside and sat next to her, like always.

Natsu showed a blindfolder and Lucy understood it immediately. "A surprise?"

Natsu nodded and put the blindfolder over her eyes. "Natsuu. I'm scared when I can't see a thing. I'm gonna trip," Lucy complained.

Natsu kissed Lucy's forehead as a sign of reassurance. "As long as I am with you I won't let anything happen to you."

Lucy smiled hearing him. How could she not fall in love?

When they arrived Natsu paid the chauffeur and told him he can go. Natsu picked Lucy's hand and she carefully went outside.

Natsu led the way and finally they arrived at the private beach he paid for tonight. Lucy felt the sand under her feet. "A beach!" she said smiling, thinking that he brought her to the beach to play.

But she was almost completely wrong. Lucy almost slipped on her heels in the sand. "Natsu... can you take out my heels?"

Natsu nodded, even though Lucy couldn't see it. He bowed down and took out her black heels. You almost can't see them because of the long dress. Not that he complained.

They went further on the beach and they came to a stop one time. Natsu went to Lucy back head and slowly went to untie the blindfolder.

He took it off and Lucy looked at her suroundings. She brought her hands to her mouth. She can't believe what she saw.

It was the most romantic thing she ever saw.

She turned to Natsu who was still smiling brightly. "It is... beautiful."

She embraced him in a hug, he gladly accepted. "I was planning an amazing date for you. That's why I went to meet with Ayumi so much."

Lucy nodded understandingly and went to sit down. Natsu kissed her again, smiling between the kisses.

Lucy felt on that moment the luckiest woman on Earth. They lay down on the soft cloth and looked at the stars.

"You said you love to stargaze, right?" Natsu asked smiling brightly, seeing Lucy enjoying his little date. Lucy nodded.

She was talking about the constellations with amazement. Natsu picked some cake from the box he brought. Even a milkshake. Lucy saw that he brought her favorite cake and flavour.

"Natsu... Arigatōgozaimashita." She whispered. She had moist eyes due to her happiness she was feeling right now. Her smile was lovely.

Natsu picked her right hand and placed a soft kiss on it. "I would do everything to make you happy, remember that."

They happily ate the cake and drank together the milkshake.

They were both just laying next to each other. Recalling the memories they shared.

A chuckle and giggling often came from their mouths.

There was a comfortable silence too. They were just enjoying their company. They were enjoying the full moon with the stars surrounding the moon.

It was after midnight and they were two hours here already. They ate the food and talked about a lot of things.

After awhile Lucy was beginning to get sleepy. Natsu noticed her heavy eyelids and whispered softly:

"Go ahead, go sleeping. I will bring you home, I will take care of ya. I won't leave your side."

That was everything she needed to hear before she fell asleep. She feel asleep on Natsu's chest.

He softly let his fingers dig into her hair. He was sniffing in her scent. He was nothing but happy.

He was the happiest bastard alive.

He picked her up bridal style and went to the taxi. Lucy doesn't want a date that cost a lot.

He went to her house. He picked her home key from her handbag.

He dressed her into a pyjama, but of course being a male, he wanted to look at her body. But Natsu respected her. He only watched for a minute and dressed her.

He changed into his sleep shorts and went on bed with her.

He kissed her forehead again, like he can't seem to have enough of it, and he hasn't. His smile never left his face.

"Sweet dreams, my sunshine."

____________________
Hope you liked the chapter. I certainly do.
I had fun writing it

Arigatōgozaimashita= Thank you.

Next chapter probably would be the epilogue and then a Thanks chapter. I can't believe that I am almost done with my first book!!!

Bye Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 10.3K 41
Lucy Heartfilla was once a famous singer until her mother died. The only reason she would sing was for her mother as it made her happy. Since she pas...
543K 17.4K 36
This is a Nalu fanfiction that will probably make you laugh, cry, fangirl/boy, fall on the floor, maybe you'll just read it. Who knows what you will...
168K 4K 35
AU NALU FANFICTION IS HERE!!! ~~ What'll happen when a patient and a doctor fell in love with each other? Or rather, what happen that makes them head...
608K 13.7K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.