Renegaded Spirits

By HeretoWriteandFight

When Aang was shot down and claimed to be dead... Another had fallen and was also claimed dead, accept he was... More

The Crossroads of Destiny
The Blue Spirit
News
Free spirit
River village
Painted lady pt. 1
Painted lady pt. 2
Partners
Common
Training
Attached
Spices of home
On the run
River
Bonding
Pinkys
Untold secrets
Heritage
Relatively unhelpful
The puppet master
Red string
Meaning
A new view
Fun day
Black sun
The western airtemple
Forgiven
The boiling rock: part 1
The boiling rock: part 2
Second chances
Cant leave
Forgiven destiny
The sun warriors: pt.1
The sun warriors: pt. 2
Returned
Rough morning
Anniversary
The southern raiders
Monsters
Last place
The ember island players
Insisting
Offical
Only ones
Three
Battle plan
Disappeared
Camp
Allied Destiny
Into the Inferno
Painless
Passing
Coronation
No words
Epilogue

Decisions made

9.3K 218 252
By HeretoWriteandFight

Katara sighed making dinner for everyone as everyone was out doing their own thing. She stirred the pot with her bending and heard someone walk over and sat by her.

"So Zuko?" Hakoda smirked watching his daughter.

"How's the soldier holding up?" He asked as katara kept stirring.

"He's sleeping right now, he was banged up pretty good," she sighed sitting with her dad and leaned on his shoulder. She missed her father.

"So is he your boyfriend then?" He smirked and katara huffed crossing her arms.

"No he's not my boyfriend," she mumbled.

"Your like your mother, your gran gran made fun of her crush on me and she did the same thing your doing, looking offended and denying," Hakoda chuckled and katara smiled softly.

"I know I'm not exactly girl talk but... If you need someone to just listen, I'm pretty good at that," he smiled down at her and katara blushed softly thinking of Zuko and hers promise.

"We thought the war was going to be over after the invasion, so we where going to wait, then Zuko got captured..." She sighed.

"So you do have feelings for him," he smirked deviously and Kataras eyes widen embarrassed.

"I-I-well yea, I trust him with my life, I know I can count on him, he's really proven himself from his dark past," katara sighed pulling her knees to his chest.

"Dark past as in hunting the avatar?" He raised an eye brow.

"More personal things," she nodded.

"He really is a soldier then," he nodded as katara played with her hair.

"Your not going to do the whole intimidating sad thing right?" Katara looked at him unamused.

"I don't think I have to worry about him, he's a good man, I trust he'll treat you right," he chuckled and katara felt her heart flutter.

"Thanks dad," she hugged him tightly. "I missed you,"

"I missed you too katara," he hugged her back.

-------

The next morning Zuko woke up with a small gasp in the bed as his eyes snapped open. He grabbed his chest feeling his heart pounding in his chest as he sat up. He panted looking around and saw his and Kataras mask on the night stand with his mothers painting. He saw on the end of the bed was his fire nation clothes.

He gulped and grabbed his clothes, getting out of the prisoner clothes.

Zuko tied the belt around his waist and pulled on his boots but jumped at a knock at the door.

"Looking good, how you feeling?" Katara leaned against the door with a small smirk.

"Much better, how's everyone else doing?" Zuko asked turning to her.

"It's Aang that's being stubborn, it was Azula that hurt him not you, and the trap? It's ridiculous," katara scoffed crossing her arms as she moved against the wall.

"And my dad actually really likes you, says your a good man, I believe him," she smiled gently up at him as Zuko moved closer.

"So I'm guessing you told him?" Zuko pursed his lips.

"Maybe a hint that I might sort of kinda have... Feelings for you..." Katara blushed looking down but Zuko place his finger under her chin and made her look up at him.

"Don't worry, the feelings mutual," he smiled gently and kissed her softly against the wall as katara slipped her hand into his and zuko cupped her face.

They pulled away as gold met ocean blues as Zuko held her hand against his scar.

"I wanna wait," katara whispered. "Wait for this war to be over, then after we can be something, be more normal than always fighting for our lives and each other's, if we waited after all we've been through... Let's wait for peace,"

Zuko looked at her calmly but pressed a kiss to her hair and nodded.

"I think I can handle that, I know this tea shop in ba sing si I think you'd like," Zuko smiled down at her and katara giggled.

"I'm sure it's great," katara teased grabbing his hand and dragged in out of the room. "Breakfast is done, my dads collecting the kids for it,"

"Rice?" Zuko asked as they walked down the halls not noticing their hands still joined.

"No it's just boiled noodles and nuts and berries," katara shrugged.

"Don't we have some extra from my stuff?" He wondered but felt Durk run up his leg.

"He's eaten most of the fire flakes, refuses to eat anything else," Katara looked at the dragon smugly as he chirped at her.

"Meat, he's a hunter," Zuko shrugged.

"Here, don't tell anyone but I've always had these," Zuko slipped something in her hand and walked ahead.

Katara stopped and saw something wrapped up, she unwrapped it and smiled seeing a small cheesecake square with a rose petal on top. She giggled and popped it in her mouth with a hum and caught up.

"Please don't tell me you ate the petal," Zuko smirked down at her as they got to the pot and katara blushed darkly embarrassed.

"Was I not suppose to?! Wait is that bad? It's decoration wasn't it-" "kat," Zuko stopped her as they made eye contact. He burst out laughing at her flustered face.

"It's a fancy treat I stole when we where in the village with Hama," Zuko smiled making himself a bowl and handed it to katara as she sat down. He made his own and sat down.

"I've been here before, week after my banishment, it's the closest one to the fire nation so it's the first air temple I've been too to find Aang, I never really got to memorize it's beauty, I was such an asshole to my uncle," he sighed looking at the land scape of the air temple and katara turned with him looking as well.

"Nah your an asshole to everyone," katara nudged him and leaned against his arm as she ate the noodles.

"Says you, I think I'm only an assholes that I care about, it's how I show my love," Zuko nudged her back and she snorted.

"Shit people are coming," katara sat up off of Zuko and he chuckled when he crossed his legs for Durk to lay in his lap.

"Don't tell me your embarrassed master katara?" Zuko hummed getting close and katara laughed pushing his face away as Aang, Sokka, suki, and Toph walked in.

"Your looking better," suki smiled at him as the two turned to the friends.

"Feeling better," Zuko nodded gently and made eye contact with the avatar. Aang looked away quickly.

"Hey Aang... Did you by chance think about your decision?" Katara asked getting to her feet and he looked at her concerned but looked at Zuko who kept his head down. Not able to see the drop of sweat go down the side of his face. No, Zuko wasn't worried about Aang, the choice he made would be his fate of his and Kataras bond.

"I did, and katara I don't want to loose you again, but having Zuko as my teacher is completely different than having him around," Aang sighed but looked at her.

"So he can stay?" Sokka asked looking at the avatar.

"Yes... But I'm doing it for katara, I want my friend back, even if that means Zuko stays too," Aang nodded but blushed when katara wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"That's good enough for me," she smiled letting go and looked back at Zuko who was surprised but when their eyes locked he smiled back.

"Thank you," he looked at Aang. "I promise I don't want to hurt you, any of you,"

"Yea we'll see," Aang scoffed walking away and everyone was slightly concerned.

"What about you guys? Are.. Are you okay with me here?" Zuko asked softly looking at the others.

"Your not exactly who you where before, and you kept my sister safe, if you can handle her on your own I give you props," Sokka smirked sitting next to him.

"I don't have anything against you, plus I like your uncle, he makes better tea than katara and better advice," Toph sat as well and katara glared at her.

"You tried making tea?" Zuko glanced at her smirking and she flipped him off.

"It's better than your cooking attempts," katara sat next to him crossing her arms.

"Don't burn my village and I'm sure we can make things work," suki punched him from behind Sokka and he smiled at her nodding.

"I can promise that," he nodded.

"Then it's settled, welcome to team avatar jerk," Sokka wrapped his arm around Zuko ruffling his hair up as katara laughed at the boys and suki snickered while Toph stole Kataras bowl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 621 32
In the year 96 AG, a freshly burned and banished 13-year-old Prince Zuko discovers a strange boy frozen in an iceberg. When Zhao interferes with Zuko...
109K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...
262K 6.7K 43
~Story of the Ponytail Prince and Lion's Mane~ Life is full of surprises and one of these gift packages have been found by Zuko. Sorry, the package f...
11.4K 264 22
How can one miracle affect the entire fate of the world? Zuko looks back on memories until iroh tells him of a new plan to capture the avatar. They...