The Goonies// Brand Walsh

By Malyndah

A group of friends who call themselves "The Goonies" find a treasure map which leads to millions of dollars t... More

Important Notice
The Characters
1. Prologue
Author's Note
2. Last Cheer Practice?
3. The Encounter with the guys
Author's Note
4. Data's Crash Landing and the Broken Statue
5. Rosalita and the Miscommunication
6. Memory Lane and the Forbidden Attic
7. Treasure Map and the tale of One-Eyed Willy
8. Foreclosure Papers
9. Escape Plan and the Tied-up Brand
10. Bike rides and Troy the Jerk
12. The Encounter with the Fratelli's and Creepy Basements
13. A Furious Clary, New Additions, and Booboo kisses
Not an Update
14. Emotions and Best Friend Hugs
15. Thoughts and the Surprise Attack
Chapter Idea Poll
16. A worried gang and a confused Clary
17. The Boys' Plan and a Suspicious Best Friend
Potential New Story?
18. Creature Discomfort and Secret Crushes
19. Confessions
20. Creature Fear and Nervousness
21. Creature Scares, the Couch Encounter, and Old Fireplaces
22. Money, The Fratelli's, and a dead body
23. The Fratelli's Return, Secret Passageways, and Chunk to the rescue
24. Bully Blinders and Chunk's not so hero plan
Announcement
25. The discovery of the old lantern and sibling love
26. The Pipe Escapade and the boy who cried Daddy
27. Chunk's Motor Mouth, the Pitcher and the Flying Scrunchie
28. The Total Meltdown, the Dark Cave and the Skeletal Remains
29. Chester Copperpot, Booby Traps and the case of the Flying Bats

11. Rough landings and Old Restaurants

6.2K 97 11
By Malyndah

Clarissa's POV

"Ouch". That was all I could say. After Troy's idea of flinging us off the corner with his stupid red mustang, Brand and I flung off of my bike and tumbled down the hill until we finally slowed down once we reached a flat area, which was luckily grass and not rocks. Not that we didn't encounter those or twigs. Yeah, we encountered a lot of those. Trust me, when I say It was not fun. I was mainly just happy that I decided not to wear a skirt and stuck to wearing my overalls. Now, that  would not have been fun at all. However, both Brand and I were okay - only having a couple scratches here and there and messy hair, mine especially.

"Clary? Are you okay?", Brand asked from beside me. We were both laying next to each other on the grass after tumbling down the hill.

"Yeah. Just a little bit out of breath.", I exclaim as I take in a breath. I swear next time I see Troy, I'm going to give him my specialty knuckle sandwich. I think he'd love it. And trust me when I say he'll never even see it coming either.

"Good. I wouldn't want you to have gotten hurt", he replies with relief in his voice as he glances over at me. I smile back at him. His hair was a little bit messier now. His bandana was still on but not as tight as it was earlier. No doubt in my mind loosening from our fall. He had a bit of sweat on his face, near his forehead and cheeks but it didn't look bad on him. It kind of made him look even cuter than before, which I know probably sounds cheesy but it was true. The fact that he wanted to make sure that I was okay was another thing that made me feel more attracted to him too.

A few moments later, Brand gets up off the ground, holding out his hand for me. I gladly take it. As I stand up, I notice his eyes are fixated on something.

"What?", curiosity clear in my voice.

He reached his hand out near my face and pulled out a couple of leaves that were in my hair.

"Oh. Thanks", I say with a chuckle as I put a piece of my hair behind my ear.

He smiled down at me. "You're welcome."

"So, what are we supposed to do now? I have no idea where my bike went and I don't really want to have to go all the way back up there", I exclaim. He lets out a chuckle before nodding.

"I feel ya there. I guess we're just going to have to walk then", he replies.

"Alrighty. Well, I guess you and I better get going then. Who knows where they could've went off to", I say with a smile.

**

Third Person POV

A clearing by the ocean, near the Old Lighthouse Lounge

Mikey and the others are carrying their bikes, struggling up a steep hill by the seaside.

"Forget it", states Mouth.

"Come on. Gee, this better be it, Mikey", Chunk remarks.

"Shut up, Chunk", replies Mikey with annoyance in his voice.

Mikey pulls out the doubloon and verifies another critical alignment.

"Guys...I think I have a match. I'm sure of it! The lighthouse, the rock, and the restaurant all fit the doubloon. That must mean that the rich stuff is near the restaurant. So-" Mikey begins to explain, hope clear in his voice. He stops as he pulls the map out of his shirt. "Wait a second, Mouth, I'm going to need you to translate the map because I don't understand Spanish. Right here", he instructs as he points to the writing.

Mouth looks at the map. "Alright, alright, alright...Diez veces diez...", he reads.

"What does that mean?", Mikey asks confused.

"Ten times ten", Mouth states to the asthmatic boy.

"Uh, hundred", Mikey replies.

"Hundred", Data agrees with a nod of the head.

Mouth then continues to translate. "...stretching feet to nearest northern point".

"North. What's north? Which way is north?", Mikey asks.

"That's where you'll find the treat", Mouth answers.

"The treat...the rich stuff! The treat! The rich stuff. That's it!", Mikey states with excitement and a smile on his face.

Data checks his compass and points. "North is that way".

"So, it's near the restaurant", Mikey replies.

Mikey and Data start counting paces toward the restaurant. After sixty paces they huddle behind some rocks out of sight. Mikey estimates that another forty paces should put them right into the restaurant. They notice two people in trenchcoats who are walking inside.

"Wait a minute, guys. There's somebody there", Mouth states, causing everyone to look.

"Sixty and another forty is an even one hundred, right to the old restaurant. The rich stuff has gotta be there", replies Mikey with a confident tone in his voice.

"I don't know about it Mikey. Hey, it's gettin' late, and hey, that's a summer place; what's it doing open in the fall?", Chunk replies nervous and shaking his head.

Data tries to calm him down. "See, there's nothing to be scared of. See, there's already two customers who went inside the restaurant".

"Yeah, yeah, but what if they're not customers? What if they're drug dealers?", Chunk questions with uncertainty, the nervousness still overwhelming the young boy.

"Drug dealers? Shit man. Did you see their clothes? Drug dealers wouldn't be caught dead in those polyester rags", Data remarks before hitting Chunk.

The Goonies continue pacing toward the restaurant. Two gunshots are heard from inside the old restaurant.

Chunk runs over to the boys, running out of breath in the process. "Mikey, Mikey, Mikey. That sounded like gunshots. Not the big ones that you hear in war movies, but gunshots, real ones. They're trying to kill us!", Chunk shouts in a panic, clearly feeling scared and nervous.

"Gees Chunk. Turn off your brain, alright? Someone probably dropped a pot", Mikey states, dismissing Chunk's thoughts.

"Yeah", agrees Data.

"Yeah, just dropped a pot", Mouth states, agreeing with the others.

"Ah, ah, are you sure, Mikey? Because if you're sure I'm sure, you know. They might pick up the pots, and they might try to kill us. They're gonna kill us! In fact...", Chunk questions, still not sure if what the boys were saying was really true or not.

The others run towards the restaurant. Chunk continues whining. Mikey runs over to silence him.

"Chunk...shut up!", Mikey whispers tensely.

Chunk finds a pop cooler outside.

"Soda pop! Oh boy, am I thirsty", Chunk states as he opens the cooler. However, he finds out that it was empty.

"Damn it!", he shouts annoyed as he slams the lid.

Author's Note ~

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to make a couple of quick announcements for you.

For starters, I wanted to make it up to you all for me not always updating - which usually occurs of one chapter per month. I know that it isn't really fair to you all. So, I decided to update another chapter today. Two chapters in the midst of two days. Not bad, am I right?

I also wanted to thank you all for reading and your support as usual! You all are amazing!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please feel free to vote and comment your thoughts below! I always love reading them. :) ↓↓

BTW......

Did you have a favorite part or parts of this chapter? 

Is there any character that you like or dislike? 

Any thoughts about how I'm doing with the book so far? 

Please feel free to let me know down below! Your comments and support are always super helpful for me! :) ↓↓ 

Thank you all again and I love you all ❤

                Xx Malyndah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 30.1K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
931K 21.4K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.9M 86.3K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
475K 14.5K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...