Harlem Nights | Dave East

By ShardaeWrites

Take a walk with one of the most feared drug dealers to ever roam the streets of New York: David Brewster. Hi... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
Epilogue

11

11K 420 47
By ShardaeWrites

Kim

I sat in the back of Dave's range with him as Dom drove to the airport.

"Don't fuck my shit up, Kim. I'm not playing with you."

"I'm not. I told you I know how to drive."

"You got the keys to my place too, if you want to stay there since it's closer to your job."

"Can I have friends over father?" I laughed

"Who?" He looked at me

I shrugged "I don't know. Queen, maybe Shea."

"Only them two."

I watched him as he dug around in his bag and then pulled out a stack of money.

"Here."

"I don't need that."

"I didn't ask if you needed it. I'ma be gone for a couple days and I just wanna make sure you gon be straight while I'm gone." He placed the money on my lap. "Go shopping or something."

The car came to a stop and that let me know we had arrived at the airport. I stuffed the money in my bag and tossed it into the front seat before getting out.

Dom grabbed the luggage from the trunk and handed me the keys to Dave's car.

"You better be good while you down there." I looked up at Dave

"Do I detect some jealousy." He smirked

"Boy bye. I was referring to you staying out of trouble. Don't nobody care about these hoes."

"Right. Gimmie kiss. I gotta go." He leaned down

I kissed him and then gave him a hug. "Be careful. Let me know when you land."

I climbed into the drivers side of the car and adjusted the seat so I was comfortable. I connected my phone to the Bluetooth and turned my music on before pulling off.

You know what I'm sipping, I'll teach you how to mix it
But you're the only one cause I don't trust these bitches
I don't trust these bitches, they might catch me slipping
So, you're the only one cause I don't trust these bitches
They might catch me slipping and put in something different

A call came through, interrupting my music.

"Is your ass home yet?" Shea's voice boomed through the speakers of the car

"Driving there now." I laughed

"Driving? Bitch when you get a car?"

"Dave is letting me keep his while he gone."

"Mhmm. I knew that was your man."

"Girl bye. He got too many hoes for me. Monica, Tia, Ashley, to name a few."

"How you know they names though?"

"Cause he don't hide shit. We ain't together." I shrugged as if she could see me. "And I know what it is between us. Just going with the flow."

"Right. Just hurry up and get home. We got somewhere to be." The call ended

After getting through all of the traffic, I finally made it back to Brooklyn.

"It's nice to see your face." Cardi looked over at me

"I know. Where's Queen?"

"At work."

"What time does she get off?"

"At 8, I think." She looked at her phone

"Ok. I'll be back." I walked into the bedroom that had my things in it.

I grabbed a couple outfits and put them in a duffle bag. I threw the bag over my shoulder and turned the light off.

"See you later." I spoke to Cardi before leaving.

"Damn. You can't sit still for two seconds can you?" Shea's voice came from behind me

"I was just putting my bag in the car."

"Right. Let's go."

"Where are we going and why are you in such a hurry?" I walked over to the car and threw my bag in the back

"Columbus Circle." Shea smiled and climbed into the passenger seat.

"Shopping?"

"Yea but we aren't going there for the stores." She leaned over and put the location in the gps. "My future husband is having a meet and greet there."

"Who? August?"

"Mhmm." She smiled and nodded

"He don't want you." I joked and pulled out of the park

50 minutes later

I pulled into a park and turned the car off.

"What time does this meet start?"

"3:30"

"It's already 3 so you know that shit packed." I looked over at her

"Well once he see this ass," She got out of the car

"He gon bring me to the front." She began to twerk.

"Get yo ass in there." I laughed and got out of the car myself.

"You don't want to see him?"

"Not really. I'll wait for you though."

We walked inside and it was packed. People were everywhere.

"So I'll be in H&M. Have fun." I laughed

"I'm about to finesse my way to the front." She flipped her hair and began walking towards the crowd.

I walked inside of H&M and looked around at the clothes. I picked up a few things that I liked as I looked around. I paid for my items before walking to the sprint store. I walked inside and took a seat since the workers were busy.

"Excuse me mama." A guy sat in front of me and leaned against the table. "Wuzzam witcha baby. How you doing?" He smiled

"I'm good." I returned the smile

"I feel ya. Whats ya name? I'm Chris but I go by Cozy."

"Kim."

"Well Kim, nice to meet ya. I'm up here from New Orleans with my cousin. Ya heard me. You should let me take you out to a movie and dinner or something."

I sat there for a moment "Give me your phone." I held my hand out

I type my name and number into his phone and handed it back.

"Thank ya baby. I appreciate it, ya feel me. I'll hit you up tonight. Enjoy the rest of ya day." He smiled and walked out of the store.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 14.5K 53
lost: (of a person) very confused or in great difficulties. Sakiya Naomi, 21 is 14 weeks pregnant with a baby boy, when the love of her life Brandon...
22K 955 30
started: 6/23/22 finished: 10/24/22 18 year old Camron davis wants to leave his past well... in the past. he moves to New York for a fresh start an...
1.5K 147 33
"Nigga, you saw I was going to park out here but you stupid enough to steal it from me, take your car and pull over because this is my park bro," I s...
415K 13.9K 34
What happens when a beautiful innocent girl like Lauren meet a guy like David from the rough streets of Harlem?