Silence

By Hemmuttage

When Josie Marabell starts high school in a different school then all her middle school friends she loses eve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Sequel

Chapter 29

23 6 0
By Hemmuttage

I finished putting on my mascara and some concealer and find my clothes to wear.

I end up wearing a blue and black sweater with gray jeans and black boots. I straighten my hair and even added this hair gel that makes my hair look darker. I wear this dark red lipstick I bought and I'm officially ready for school. The look on my parents faces as I sit down for breakfast is full of confusion.

"Are you going to school or the Teen Choice Awards" my brother jokes but I choose to ignore him.

"I'm just making a fashion statement and it's been getting cold lately which reminds me mom can I borrow your black sweater that goes to my knees" I ask and she just nods and I finish my breakfast and go into her closet to borrow the sweater.

           My dad and I talk about the championship game this Friday on the way to school. I ask him if Martin was a good player and he laughs and tells me he's fast.

I walk into the mostly empty hallway and find Martin who told me Lena was on a field trip to Disney World.

"Josie I know it's not my place or anything but why are you dressed like that?" Martin asks.

"Well this Nina she and this guy I liked hence past tense kissed so now I'm going to confront her and look good doing it" I say and he laughs.

"Wow you freshman are so weird sometimes just last week I was helping this new kid with his locker and he had a pet bird with him. Like are you even allowed to bring pets to school and why a bird of all things" Martin tells me and his mom aka the nurse walks up to him.

"Honey I'm leaving early so your mother and I can attend the board of education meeting up in Fort Myers" she tells him and kisses him on the head.

"Dante is going to there to watch you while we're gone"

"Yes Dante is my favorite friend you have from high school"

"Also your father" father she reminds him as I pretend not to listen.

"Just because he donated his father doesn't make him my parents you and mom do now I'll see you guys on Tuesday I have class and the final game on Friday to prepare for if we're going to go to the playoff" he tells her and she hugs him and then they go their separate ways.

I decide that I was going to confront Nina at lunch might as well have an audience.

I walk into my math class and Lucy and some other girls compliment my outfit.

"What's with the new look I mean it's good and I but it's so different?" Lucy asks me.

"Well I going to talk to someone and I wanted to look good" I tell her and she laughs and I flip my hair.

Okay I was being really extra and petty but I didn't care. I was done with people hurting me it was time I pushed them back.

In gym we had midterms so Ryan and I didn't talk to each other which was a good thing. It still broke my heart that he kissed Nina and thought we were going to be friends or date like nothing happened. He clearly thought wrong I was done with him for good. I needed a guy I could trust I needed someone I love and who loved me.

But he didn't exist.

           As I walk into drama and sat down I looked at Dylan who's eyes were bloodshot. He must've stayed up all night playing Fortnite or something. Never mind he doesn't have a console and his phone is an iPhone 5. Something was bothering him maybe it was about his family. I should ask but I figure he doesn't want to be bothered.

"Okay guys I'm going to need volunteers for this acting exercise" Dale says and I shot my hand up along with Davina and some other kids.

"You four come up you will be playing an arguing family who's parents died and you're arguing at dinner" he tells us and we start off a scene.

"Sit down the food is getting cold Jess"

"I'm not hungry I'll be in my room" I say with attitude.

"I said sit down!" Gregg this kid who is playing like my older brother is our skit.

"I said I'm not hungry!" I shout and then Davina walks into the scene.

"You're always in your room you don't think we know what you're doing in there"

"Leave me alone" I pout.

"I found these in your room" a short kid says and walks up to me holding a bag of Cheetos.

"Those aren't mine I'm holding them for a friend"

"Lying again if mom and dad could see you now" Gregg says and then I snatch the Cheetos.

"Just leave me alone" I exclaim.

"Stop lying to us"

"I'm lying please Crissy I saw your little boyfriend leaving last night. Garrett takes adhd pills he doesn't need and you have been taking money out of all our college money to buy booze" I say and they all look away.

"That's enough" Davina says and puts her hands on me but I dramatically push her back.

"You seriously think you guys lives are bad just live in mine I've so done I've had enough"

"Well I had a bad day" the short kid complains and they all start arguing while I just yell shut up over and over.

"Scene wow guys that was great can these brave youngsters get a round of applause" Dale says and everyone claps for us.

I look at Dylan and he's slowly clapping and I can't help but laugh.

           As I walk into the lunchroom I see Ryan and Scott asking like fools and I look for Nina. I don't see her so I sit with Stasia as we wait for the boys.

"What are you wearing?" Stasia asks and looks at my outfit.

"Clothes" I say back with a lot of attitude but I apologized and explained to her that it was annoying that everyone keeps questioning my look.

I see Nina and her eyes are batting Ryan and I get up from my seat. I begin to walk towards her slowly as if I was a fashion model.

"Nina" I say and she looks at me and whispers something to one of her friends and they look at my outfit which resembled hers.

"Wow Josie Halloween was two months ago and you got my look wrong" she tells me and smirks.

"Oh I'm not dressing like you that would make me look like a dumb blonde" I say and she looks unimpressed.

"Josie here's a word of advice stay in your lane"

"Here's some new advice fuck off" I tell her and push her. She pushes me back and I'm finally pass my breaking point. She then sets her lunch on a random table and begins to attack me. She pushes me into a table. I then look at her and I'm angry.

"You kissed Ryan when you knew I liked him" I yell at her and she rolls her eyes.

"So what not like he wanted you you'd be like every other girl he's dated or fooled around with" she tells me and I want to attack her but she was right.

"I gotta admit you got nerves we could probably be best friends" she tells me and then laughs and picks up her lunch and walks to the patio.

I look around and everyone's eyes are on me including Ryan's. I needed to get out of there. I walked out of there and then I saw Dylan at his locker.

"Hey" I tell him he looks at me and then he begins to breathe heavily.

"Dylan!" I shout as he begins to panic so I grab him we walk into an empty old classroom.

"I'm going to get some water" I tell him but he then grabs my hand.

"Josie, floor, lights, and table" he exclaims as he cries.

"Dylan I'm here I'm here it's me" I tell him and I really mean it.

"I don't I breathe" he says and my heart breaks.

"I don't have anyone" he says and continues to cry.

"You have me" I tell her as I place my hands on his face.

I kiss him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
74.4K 2.9K 37
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
16.9M 651K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gâzleri gâzlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...