Treat You Better - Grethan

By iSwallowAppleJuice

Everyone knows who Ethan and Grayson are. They are the nice 18 year old twins who live alone in a house in a... More

Part 1 - Introduction
Part 3 - Six Flags
Part 4 - First Date
Part 5 - Hidden Feelings
Part 6 - Hidden Affairs
Part 7 - Perfect
Part 8 - Nervous
Part 9 - Kid In Love
Part 10 - Mercy
Part 11 - Nightmares
Part 12 - Misunderstandings
Part 13 - Regrets
Part 14 - Divulge
Part 15 - Party
Part 16 - Life of the Party
Part 17 - Something Big
Part 18 - Perfectly Wrong
Part 19 - Aftertaste
Part 20 - Ruin
Part 21 - Why
Part 22 - Mutual
Part 23 - There's Nothing Holding Me Back
Life update

Part 2 - Confessions

3.5K 110 39
By iSwallowAppleJuice

Grayson's POV:

I woke up at 3:50 AM because I had to go pee. Yeah, I hate when that happens. I got up and walked over to the door, opening it quietly as to not wake Ethan up. He's been pretty tired lately like if he hadn't been getting enough sleep. I've asked him what's wrong but he just doesn't tell me anything. I don't wanna pressure him into telling me something he doesn't want to but I'm getting a bit worried. Last time this happened to Ethan, he was suffering from Depression and I was completely unaware, until I found him on the floor about to swallow a whole container of pills. I'm slightly terrified that he's suffering from something like that again. But all I can really do right now is show him that I'll always be there for him and that no matter what happens, I'll always love him. I slowly made my way down the hallway, since I was pretty tired. As I turn the corner, I immediately bump into somebody, causing me to fall to the floor. I kid you not I almost got a heart attack.

"Who the fuck are you?! Why are you in here?! What do you want?!" I yelled. I tried to get up but I fell back down. I was completely terrified, yet my very first and only thought was to protect Ethan. With that, I managed to stand up and flipped the lights on to see who the perpetrator was, which to my surprise was Ethan himself. "Ethan, you scared the shit out of me," I said as I went over to help him up.

"I couldn't sleep," He just said as he got up, looking at me. Imagine what would've happened if I had started attacking him thinking it was some criminal. Huh, maybe I do watch too many crime documentaries.

"How come? Did you have a nightmare?" I asked. It's not like Ethan to be awake so early in the morning. He only wakes up in the middle of the night when he's not feeling well.

"No, I just have too much on my head," He answered. I wasn't until then that I realized he was covered from head to toe with his blanket. He kinda looks like a giant cozy burrito. "Did I wake you up?" He added.

"No, I have to go pee. I didn't know you were downstairs," I said as I rubbed my eyes again. I am extremely exhausted. Ethan and I went to the fair last night and we were literally so drained. We actually got back not too long ago. I'm surprised we even made it home to be honest.

"Why is it so cold in here?" He asked.

"Oh... I don't know. Hold up, lemme check," I said as I walked over to the thermostat, lightly tapping on it to see if it turned on. "Seems like it's broken," I told him once I realized that it wasn't going to.

"How the fuck are you not shivering? Are you not cold? I'm literally freezing and I have my blanket around me," He said as he walked closer to me. He was shivering violently and I felt kinda bad. Ethan's room always gets way colder than mine for some reason.

"Kinda. I don't know I didn't even realize it was this cold," I told him. He stood there for a couple seconds, still shivering, before he turned around and made his way towards his room. I felt bad for him having to sleep in his igloo. "Wait.." I let out as I took 2 giants steps to reach Ethan. He stopped and turned around, looking kind of surprised at how close I had gotten so quickly.

"What?"

"Why don't you go to my room? It's warmer and I don't want you to spend the night shivering," I said, placing my hand on his shoulder and smiling down at him. He smiled back at me and I smiled even more. I love seeing Ethan so happy. "I mean... if you want," I added.

"Ok, sure," He said as he made his way over to my room. I continued my journey to the bathroom, that was just past the corner.

"I'll be right there, I just have to pee really quick," I yelled from the bathroom. I heard my door open and I quickly peed and washed my hands. Now I was feeling colder than when I got up. I basically ran over to my room and went in, closing the door behind me. I got underneath the sheets and got comfortable. "Goodnight E."

"Goodnight Gray," He answered. And with that I fell asleep, feeling Ethan's warm body pressed up against me.

-

The next morning I woke up and felt some weight over me. I opened my eyes and saw that Ethan was laying on my chest, still fast asleep. I smiled and played with his hair. His warm breath ticking my chest and he looked so comfortable and peaceful. His breaths slow and steady, only barely audible. To be honest, I was pretty comfortable too. It was on rare occasions that we wake up like this; One on top of the other. Usually, we would wake up cuddling or something. It was 11 AM and I wanted to get up, but Ethan was still asleep. How does it not bother him to stay in bed so late? I continued to play with his hair for like an hour and a half until he finally woke up.

"Good morning sleepy head," I said, smiling. He opened his eyes and was pretty confused. He looked around the room but I'm guessing he quickly figured out that he was in my room and not his.

"Oh... Good morning Gray," He said, rubbing his eyes and stretching. He looked better today. Like if he had actually rested. "What time is it?" He asked.

"12:38," I informed him and he quickly got off of me and stood up, still rubbing his eyes.

"I'm sorry to keep you in bed for so long. I know how much you love getting up early," He told me, looking at me with his squinted eyes. Not gonna lie, I immediately missed having Ethan in my arms. His warm body against mine just felt so good.

"It's fine," I said, getting up from bed too. Oh, how it felt good to finally be up. Half of my day has already gone by but that's ok, I'll think of something we can do together. "Do you want me to make some pancakes?" I asked, looking around for a pair of shorts. I found some and put them on. I turned around only to realize that Ethan was already gone. I left my room and looked for him. It didn't take long before I found him back in his room, laying down once again. I laughed and closed the door a bit before walking downstairs to make some breakfast for us. I made the pancakes and called Ethan down to come eat. I head some foot steps descending the stairs and turned around to see Ethan standing there in his boxers. He looked tired; Not like other days but still a bit tired. I shook my head and gave him his plate. I sat next to him and we enjoyed our breakfast in peace. Ethan was pretty quiet and again, I started to worry about him. "Are you ok E?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded.

"Yeah... I am," He replied. I narrowed my eyes and stared at him. He was lying. I can tell he was. He got a bit nervous and then looked down. "No, I'm not," He corrected himself. I placed the fork down on the plate and moved my chair to face him. I grabbed his cheek and moved it so that he could face me too. He was still looking down at the floor, so I grabbed his chin and slowly brought his gaze up to meet mine.

"What's wrong? You know you can trust me," I said, looking deep inside Ethan's eyes to see if I could find something. All I could see was that he was quite nervous and a little bit scared.

"Grayson... I have something to tell you," He said. Oh boy, what could it be?

"I know this might be weird or difficult or even disappointing for you and I want to apologize in advance. I don't want this to change the way you see me or the way you think of me but if it does, don't worry, I'll figure something out," He started. I could feel him shaking so I reached over and grabbed his hands in mine to show him support. He took a deep breath and continued, "I'm telling you this because I feel like I just have to tell somebody and you're the closest thing I have. You're the person I love the most in the world. I also want you to be the first to know so that hopefully, if you accept it and agree with it, you can help me conquer the fear of telling others." I looked up into his eyes and saw a tear run down his cheek. "Gray I-I like guys.." He let out. "I'm gay...." He finished. He was full on crying now. I pulled him into a tight hug.

"Don't worry Ethan..." I told him, rubbing his back as he let it all out. I couldn't help but smile. He wanted to tell me first?

"You- You don't care?" He asked once he was able to talk again. I smiled and wiped the tears with my thumb. He reached up and grabbed my hand with his, making him smile a bit as well.

"Of course not Ethan. Why would it bother me? You can love whoever the fuck you want. I mean, you're still my Ethan right? The same person I love and adore, the same one I grew up with and the same guy I spend my every day with. If you like guys then so be it. I still love you for who you are and I always will E. No matter what happens. And I truly, truly mean that. There's no reason for me to be mad or to not support you. That's just stupid and dumb," I told him. He smiled even more and threw himself towards me, hugging me tighter than ever. I laughed as I hugged him back. I'm so glad he had the courage to tell me and that he felt like he could truly trust me with this. "Do you want some ice cream?" I asked and he nodded. I got up and went over to the freezer and grabbed the ice cream box and 2 spoons and ran to the couch. Ethan ran behind me and we both sat down and began eating the ice cream, laughing and joking around, as if nothing were different. And that was the truth: nothing IS different.

As I told him, I still love him no matter what. And I always will.

--

What's up guys,

Here's chapter 2 of this wonderfully boring story lmao it'll get interesting I promise. How do you think Ethan felt at this moment?

Hope you all have a great day!

~N

Written: August 6, 2018
Edited: February 15, 2019

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 124 11
Love is a complicated thing, a thing that very few can master. Andrew Smith, a sixteen-year-old student, is just trying to make it through high schoo...
115K 4.5K 41
Kristen moves into town hoping for a new and simple life after the death of her parents but when she ends up moving in next door to twins, Ethan and...
19.2K 346 60
Ever been in love? I'm not talking about puppy love or pure lust. I'm referring to the real deal. The endorphin releasing, soul captivating, crumblin...
5.5K 136 9
Grayson is discovering that he has feelings for the same gender. He tries his best to repress those thoughts, however he's in love with James and try...