Part 17 - Something Big

Ethan's POV:

I was distraught. How could he hurt me like this? I shut the door and ran down the stairs, crying non stop. I just wanted to go home. But how could I? He was my ride home. I walked over to the bar and leaned over the counter, crying my eyes out.

"Can I get a drink of your strongest ones please?" I asked, taking a seat on the stool. The bartender nodded and went to the back, coming back with a glass. I thanked him and began drinking. I just wanted this pain to end. When I was done with that, I asked for another. And another. And another. Slowly feeling myself get tipsy. About 3o minutes later, I was completely drunk. But that wasn't enough to make my pain go away. I kept crying and crying, leaning against the counter, yelling and kicking my feet like a little 5 year old boy. But people didn't pay attention to me. They were too busy grinding on each other. The worst thing about this is; That he was having sex with a girl.

I knew it was all too good to be true. Of course this hot guy wouldn't be interested in him just like that. There had to be a catch. The was a catch. I just kept sobbing, the bartender now just giving me drinks. He didn't need me to ask for them. He knew what I was going through.

"Hey man, can I get a shot of tequila?" I heard somebody say. I looked up to see a man in his early 20s. He looked familiar but I couldn't quite tell who he was. "Thanks," He said as he took a seat next to me. I kept staring at him, and soon enough he turned around and saw me. "Oh, hey. What's the matter? Is everything alright?" He asked, placing his hand on my back. Right after he asked me that I began crying harder again. Great, now I'm crying in front of this random ass hot stranger. Before I even realized it, I was hugging this guy, crying non stop, leaving tear marks on his black silk shirt. He just hugged back, not asking anything. I felt safe. I felt protected. Nobody has made me felt this way. Except Grayson. Grayson. My thoughts started drifting off to Grayson. How he was the perfect man. Handsome, smart, caring, attentive, kind, would never hurt me... everything you need in someone. After a while, the man asked once again: "Are you ok?" I shook my head in response. I was pretty drunk after all so I didn't even know what I was doing. "What happened?"

"I- I was just... wandering a-around and I som-some-how ended up wh-where the rooms ar-re and I w...w...walked into a r-room and s-s-s-s-s-saw my boy...boyfriend having s-sex with some girl," I let out, now shaking from how hard I was crying. He just kept comforting me, telling me it was gonna be alright.

"Is there someone I could call for you?" He asked. I hesitated. Do I really wanna bother Grayson? I felt broken. Destroyed. It was selfish of me to wanna ruin his perfect night but I needed someone here with me. Well, I had somebody but I wanted someone I could trust.

"Yeah.... there is. My brother," I told him. He nodded and signaled me to hand him his phone.. Now, normally I wouldn't give a stranger my phone but again, I wasn't responsible for my actions. I gave him my phone and he got up.

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you that you did great up there!" I looked up and saw 2 teenage girls talking to the man with my phone. He smiled and thanked them. "Yeah... Can we take a picture with you Shawn?" The other girl asked the man.

"Yeah sure of course. Hold on a minute," He said as he walked over to me and placed my phone on the counter. "I'll be right back," He said, smiling, before walking over to the 2 girls and taking a picture with them.

"Thanks Shawn! We love you!" They yelled, running away, squealing and jumping.

"Okay I'm back. Let me call your brother real quick," Shawn said, patting my back. When he left, I began crying again, feeling completely alone.

Shawn's POV: (Surprise)

I felt bad for Ethan. I didn't really know him but for the 2 minutes we got to know each other when we took the picture, I could tell he was a nice guy. I had Ethan's phone and I was looking for his brother's number. To be honest, I hadn't even asked Ethan for his brother's name so I was having a hard time trying to figure out who it was. He had 3 people in his favorites lift: