I Dare You (completed) [Unedi...

By cskt17

dare /de(ə)r/ : Verb - Have the courage to do something. Noun - A challenge, esp. to prove courage. An avera... More

I Dare You
Ch:2 - I actually know his name!
Ch:3 - Sleepover, WHAT?
Ch:4- Why's he so special?
Ch:5- Aces out
Ch6- Dinner with the Rockwell's. (Cassidy Rockwell)
Ch:7- You dare me?
Ch:8-My secret's out, and so are my tears
Ch9- Good Morning
Ch:10 - That wasn't real?
Ch:11 - Breakaway
Ch:12- A bullet here, another bullet there
Ch:13 - The unknown
Ch:14 - Just a stroll, or not.
Ch:15 - Blood is a no-no.
Ch:16 - 'Pure of Heart'
Ch: 17 - All alone
Ch:18 - Sleeping Riley
Ch:19 - More than one battle
Ch:20 - Red Stiletoes
Ch:21 - The alternative
Ch:22 - The 800th person
Ch:23 - This is my dad?
Ch: 24 - Too, too
Ch:25 - Swords and Stitches.
Ch:26 - Destiny
Ch:27 - Versus Me.
Ch:28 - I'm Johanna. Ew.
Ch:29 - Light Brown Hair & Green Eyes
Notice! *PLEASE READ*
LAST NOTICE! LOL

Ch:30 - The Real Battle (Final Chapter)

1.9K 46 21
By cskt17

   "And this is you're Dad's office.. I mean, you're new office." Sierra said as she opened the door to my office. Already sitting on a desk in the back, was my sword and bag. I rushed over to the bag to check if the journal was still inside. Once I felt the binding of the book in my hand, I let out a few breaths in relief. Loosing this book would probably be one of the stupidest things to do, ever. And I mean it, it's like my whole life depends on this book. 

  "You okay?" Sierra asked me, a concerned look on her face.

  "Yeah.. I'm fine." I said looking away from the book, and at her.

  "Are you sure?" Sierra asked me.

  "Yeah, really. I think I'm fine." I smiled a bit, and her face relaxed.

  "Good, well this is you're new office." Sierra smiled.

  "Great, it's huge. And it has one of those huge leather spinning chair's the President of the USA usually has.." I winked before I sat in the chair.

  "You're father picked that out." Sierra gleamed at me. Sierra had the same blue eyes as Cassidy although her hair was a little bit shorter, and more brownish. But don't get me wrong, Sierra was blond. 

  "I miss him." I said randomly.

  "I'm sure you do, I would feel the same way if my Dad died.." Sierra started. I just nodded at her, not wanting her to continue on that topic. If you're in a sad mood already, and you start randomly thinking about sad things, you can actually cry for no apparent reason. 

  "You wanna get something to eat?" I asked Sierra, not really knowing where to get any food.

  "Yeah, sure." Sierra sniffled a bit.

  "So.. is the food in like a cafeteria or something.." I stood up from the chair and went by Sierra's side. Her eyes were a bit teary and her cheeks were flushed. I could tell she was thinking about the things I specifically wanted her to avoid thinking. 

  "Yeah, I'll take you there. Let's go!" Sierra suddenly switched from sad to happy. 

  "Aight, leggo!" I smiled at her, really this is the only time, in a long time, that I've had a normal conversation with a person. I didn't have to be Riley Dawson. I just had to be Riley. I could already tell that Sierra and I were going to be good friends. 

  "Leggo?" She asked me, confused with my slang.

  "You don't get out much, don't you?" I chuckled.

  "Not really.. people at the academy don't really have a good sense of humor. I think you're just what they needed." Sierra smiled as she looped her arm through mine, and tugged me through the busy hallways of the agency. 

  "Speaking of Academy, what do we learn there? Like do we learn how to kill a deer from a mile away or something?" I asked her, not really wanting to hear the answer.

  "Uh- No.. I think you got it all wrong Riley. We just learn Math, Science, and any other subject a normal high school would teach. But the one subject people of the Agency are competitive about is Physical Education. And I mean, the children of the adults, of the agency are like freaking King Kong's, and like.. I wouldn't wanna see you getting hit with a dodge ball thrown by Drake." Sierra chuckled as she lead me through the extraction hallways. 

  The extraction hallways were my least favourite place in the entire world. Once you enter, the only thing you can smell is blood. Really this is for all of the people who got picked up and transported, from the building to the agency. I saw so many of my friends, confused, thrashing around on medical tables, crying, and screaming. Sierra told me that we would have to erase a small part of they're memory. By small, she meant, the whole Kick-Start-I-Wanna-Murder-You-Cause-I-Might-Get-Murdered-Myself memory. 

  "Right.." I said, not really paying attention to what Sierra was saying. My eyes landed on the cell in the far corner of the hallway, there in a see-through glass was Cassidy. She was very much awake, and unlike the other's. She was screaming things in some freaky language, her eyes were blacker than ever, and the only thing she was looking at, was me. Not the needles being poked into her, not the 500 machine's hooked up to her, and defiantly not the people surrounding her trying to calm her down.

  I gulped hard, Cassidy's pitch black eyes just wouldn't leave mine. I could literally hear her screaming at me in my mind. I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to look away, but every time I did, I heard her kick one of the Doctor's. In one swift moment I shut my eyes, turned away, and looked at Sierra. 

  "You okay Riley?" Sierra asked me as she put her hand on my shoulder.

  "Yeah.. let's just go eat." I mumbled as I pushed through the rest of the hallway into another section of the agency. 

  "And this is the "chill" section of the Agency." Sierra said as she gazed around the beautiful place. It was magnificent really, I gulped and pushed some of my partially wet hair behind my ears. I haven't eaten in days, but I'm still not hungry! It's freaking weird, I know I'm hungry, but my mind doesn't?

  "Great." I smiled as I smelled the air. Pizza, pasta, chicken.. It smelled great, my life was finally coming together, I finally had a place. I finally fit in. 

  "You want some pizza?" Sierra asked me, snapping me out of my daydreaming. 

  "Heck yeah!" I chuckled, watching my language.  

Evan's POV {A/N - Aww, the final Evan POV until the sequel.. Enjoy!}

  "Dude, what are you gonna do?" Brandon nudged me on the shoulder as I took a bite of my Pizza. 

  "I dunno man.." I shook my head not knowing what to do anymore. I looked at Brandon, he was sitting across from me on the table in the "chill section" or as I like to call it, the place where I can hide from Stacey. 

  Just then Drake pulled up a seat and sat next to Brandon. He sent me a nod, and I returned it, taking a sip of my Pepsi.

  "Yo bro, have you seen Riley?" Drake asked me, arching his eyebrows up.

  "No man, sorry." I shrugged.

  "Well she is you're girlfriend." Drake chuckled, punching my arm slightly. Shit. 

  "She isn't his girlfriend." Brandon defended me. 

  "Hey guys!" I heard Riley. My head snapped to the left as I saw Riley making her way to my table, with some pizza in her hands. 

  "Shit shit shit shit shit." I said, trying to not let my emotions show. Shit.

  "Now that's Evan's girlfriend." Brandon said, nodding to someone behind me. I turned my head around and saw Stacey jogging up to me, a huge smile on my face. I looked at Riley, her brown hair flowing without any wind. Then I looked at Stacey, the most annoying girlfriend on the planet. See, she had a mission in Columbia and I thought she was never coming back.. so... 

  Riley reached the table just as Stacey did. Triple shit with death on the side. 

Riley's POV

  I saw the girl with light brown hair and green eyes running up to Evan again. She reached his table  at about the same time as me. I was about to take a seat and talk, when I saw her planted her lips firmly on his. I immediately dropped my pizza. What the fuck? 

  "What the fuck?" I heard Drake say.

 "My words exactly." I said, staring at Evan with a solemn expression. Who is she? 

  "Riley let me explain." Evan said as he pushed Stacey away from him, and got up from his seat.

  "Who is she?" I said, narrowing my eyes at the girl behind Evan.

  "I'm his girlfriend. Thank you very much." she stepped up in front of Evan and looked at me with cold eyes. 

  "YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?" I yelled at Evan, as I pushed whoever that ugly-ass chick was aside and stepped in front of Evan.

   "No..." Evan started. 

   "What?" I heard the girl say behind me. 

   "Then who is she?" I said, my voice rising. Brandon got up from his seat and stood beside me, and Drake did the same. 

  "Fine! You got me! She's my annoying-stupid girlfriend!" Evan said, looking straight at me, with anger in his eyes.

  "Why the fuck are you mad at me? You're the one who lied to me." I took a step forward.

  "You're the one who played me." I took another step forward.

  "And you're going to be the one to explain you're action's before I bitch-slap you in the face." I clenched my hands into a fist. Evan's face lost all colour, he even lost the anger in his eyes. 

  "Look Riley, you were just a mission. The agency sent me to watch out for you. All I wanted to do was get in, get out, and get promoted. But when I finally got to meet you, I fell for you Riley. I really did." Evan pleaded, he took my hand into his, but without a second thought I yanked my hand away and slapped him across the face. 

  "You deserved that. Asshole." I spat at him and took a few steps back.

  "I did, and I deserve to be called an asshole." Evan said as he took a step towards me. 

  "Why'd you lie to me babe?" I heard his girlfriend ask.

  "I didn't lie to you Stacey, I tried breaking up with you before you went to Columbia, but I couldn't. You were just so freaking clingy and annoying!" Evan over exaggerated.  

  "You're such a jerk!" I said defending the girl. Sure I didn't know her, but she acted like any other girl would around a guy like Evan. 

  "Riley, stay out of this." Stacey said, putting her hand in front of me. 

  "Fine." I said, letting Stacey stand in front of me.

  "You lied to me, and her. What the fuck is going through you're mind Evan?" Stacey took the words right out of my mouth, literally. 

  "Look, I love Riley. And I mean it, I do love you Riley." Evan said pushing Stacey aside.

  "You're a liar, and fake Evan. I was better off without you." I said, clearly still mad. I looked at Drake, who's face was filled with anger.

  "Dude, I can't believe you hurt Riley. She's hot, and pretty. And I'm sure she's just as smart as she looks, I mean seriously man, you messed up everything. And that my friend, is the truth." Drake said, looking between Evan and I.

  "Shut up man." Evan said as he punched Drake's shoulder.

  "Don't touch me asshole." Drake said, punching Evan's arm in return.

  "You wanna go? There's no one around to help you now." Evan taunted. 

  "Shut the fuck up Evan and go pout to some other innocent guy." I stepped in to defend Drake.

   "What the fuck? Drake's just as bad as me!" Evan pouted.

   "Maybe so, but he knows his boundaries." I continued to defend. 

  "Look Riley, I am so sorry. But I really fell for you, and the moment I kissed you I knew you were the one. I don't ever wanna loose you. Please, I didn't even think Stacey was going to come back. Please oh please Riley, forgive me." Evan pleaded, for a moment I wanted to say Oh Evan! It's A-OKAY. But I quickly remembered, he could always get who and what he wanted with the snap of his fingers. He always could..

  "Bullshit." I said as I looked away.

  "Bullshit?" Evan asked me.

  "Yeah, you can't loose something you never had." I said, looking at him. My lips were dry and my heart was aching, I can't believe I let him do this to me. 

  "Oh, is that so? Is it true that you NEVER felt anything for me?" Evan continued, his face looking a bit sadder by the second.

  "Yeah, I'll give you some fucking credit. Of course I felt something for you, but now I know, the whole time you were just leading me on. You were just waiting for the right moment to crush me, to hurt me, to make me cry. You were just waiting, you're just a fucking player and you always will be to me." I said honestly, that was the truth laid out on a silver platter. Shit couldn't just get more real. 

   "Riley." Evan started, but I didn't wanna hear it. I just wanted to get away from this bastard and crawl under a rock, and cry until I had no more tears to spare. 

  "What the fuck do you want now?" I asked him, getting madder at him by the second.

  "I love you." Evan said, his voice was cracking. His eyes looked very teary, and his cheeks were a bright pink. He was telling me the truth. 

  "Save it for the next girl." I said, as I turned on my heel and began to walk away from Evan. I needed to get away before the waterworks began, I couldn't cry in front of him. 

  "Riley wait!" I heard Evan yell as he grabbed my wrist and twirled me around so I was face-to-face with him. 

  "What do you want now? My virginity?" I said, even madder.

  "No Riley, I want a second chance." Evan said, he was at the point of crying. 

  "Second chance my ass. You lied to me, you lead me on, you stole my first kiss, and you still think you can get a second chance?" I asked him.

  "Look, I haven't been able to get my mind off of you for ages, it's going to make me go mad - just not to see you anymore." Evan confessed.

  "You'll see me every fucking day, I'm you're boss remember? And when you broke my heart, lied to my face, and made me look like a fool, you were just being thoughtful?" I said, my eyes piercing into his. 

  "Oh shit, he shouldn't have said that." I heard Brandon say in the distance. 

   "Riley, what about all those constant battles? What about all those times I saved you and you saved me? Don't you remember all those battles?" Evan said, trying to pull of the good-guy act.

  "Yeah sure, I remember all the battles. But the real battle was between me and you." I said, my own tears surfacing my eyes. 

"How many time's do I have to say sorry?" Evan asked me, his eyes red, and surfaced with tears.

  "800." I yanked my hand away from his grasp, turned on my heel and ran out of the chill section. That was some fucking chill section alright. I ran into my office, sat on the 'President Chair', curled up in a ball, and began to cry my heart out. 

- ~ # ~ - 3 hours later - ~ # ~ - 

   Sierra, Brandon, and Drake busted right into my office. There were used-crumpled tissues all over the ground, and my eyes were dry and aching from all the crying I had went through.

  "Riley!" I heard Sierra say, causing me to spin around on my chair. My eyes landed on the 3 people in front of me. 

  "Hey.." I said weakly. 

  "You doing alright?" Sierra asked me, as she made her way around my desk. 

  "Yeah.. I think.. But you know, I would feel a lot better if you guys erased any memories of Evan, from my mind, for me." a round of chuckles went around the room.

  "I'm being serious." I said trying to keep my face straight. 

  "Trust me, erasing you're mind won't fix anything. Evan's not going to give up, he's actually looking for you right now." Brandon chuckled.

  "To think, he didn't think I was in my office." I said, thinking of how stupid Evan was at times. 

  "I know right." Drake chuckled even more.

  "Do you think you can hand me that bag?" I asked pointing to my mother's bag.

  "Yeah sure, I got it." Drake offered. 

  "Thanks." I said as I watched Drake make his way to my bag. Once Drake handed me my bag, I practically ripped it open. I grabbed my father's journal, and cracked it open. I flipped through the pages until I got to the page that had a specific note written for me. DDD SA High school. 

  "Umm, guys. Do I have to go to the Dawson industries High school?" I asked everyone in the room. 

  "If you wanna be the boss of this place." Brandon confessed.

  "What?" I asked confused.

  "Yeah.. you gotta graduate the DDD high school before you can run the Agency." Drake said, his face a little pale. 

  "What? I thought I could automatically take my fathers place!" I whined. I'm not the smartest person in the world, what if I failed? What if I got held back? What would happen? Another thought was whelming up inside of me, what if I fail and all of my father's hard work, on creating the agency, goes down the drain? 

  "I know it sounds stupid right now, but you gotta go to school and graduate. It's what you're father would have wanted." Sierra looked at me, her eyes full of concern. 

  "I dunno if I can do it! My smartness only goes so far!" I complained even more. 

  "Trust me, you're Kick Start abilities don't just work, for beating people up, and going all Grand-theft auto on the highways." I heard Evan's voice in the back of the room. What the hell, was he there the whole time and I didn't notice him?

  "Really?" I said flatly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                              The end of book #1

[Warning there is a super-duper long authors note to the fans down below, ahha. Just read the whole note please. <3

  Hey fellow fans and readers! I dare you has finally come to it's end, and sadly, I had to make the ending sad. In order for the sequel to have more drama and stuff, I had to make Evan a little bit .. "bastard-ey."To be honest, I like cried while writing this chapter.. & I know a lot of you guys love him, but c'mon, good boys are just bad boys that don't get caught! LOL.. Anyways, I just wanted to give YOU GUYS a round of applause, because a lot of you have made it this far. And have voted, commented such nice comments, and fanned me, and not to mention put up with all of my crappy updates! <3 You guys are really the best fans right now, I actually feel like Taylor Swift after a concert, I'm feeling the love <3 Speaking of Taylor Swift, she's actually going to be Sierra in the sequel of I dare you which will be released in 2013 [Maybe! Like idk if I'll write it this year or next year. LOL] <3 :) I'm planning on writing a prologue to the sequel later on before 2013 - so look out for that.. I'm defiantly looking forward to writing more about Riley and Evan's relationship.. I hope you guys don't hate me for making Evan the bad guy! LOL.. please don't hate me though .. <3 Anyways, I will ask this for the one last time, for this book, pretty please with cherries on top VOTE, FAN, COMMENT, and I hope you guys enjoyed my book, I dare you. :) If you guys could also try and promote my book? Thankss in advanced guys, you guys are really the only reason I'm on here. So, since I dare you has finished, if you guys want to, you can check out my other book, The New Guy. [It'll be updated more frequently now that I dare you has finished.. soo yeah definatly looking forward to writing about the characters in that book.. ]

                      <3 I love you all, AND THAT'S THE TRUTH.  - C a r a F u n k 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218 3 22
"Dad!" I yell as I walk into the house. I'm greeted by nothing, except silence. My dad is rarely home, I don't know what I am expecting. Ever since m...
589 25 22
As a young child Mystique was a confident, but conservative girl. She was quite the daredevil and loved new adventures. At the age of 8 and 11, Mysti...
Her Rock By Cheyanne

Teen Fiction

3M 63.6K 36
Ella Mae Emerson, the girl who stays hidden at all costs, the girl who likes to be alone with eyes glued to the floor, words coming out as stutters...
414K 8.1K 56
A different girl moves into La Push and imprints. But the thing is, when she finds out her imprint, already loves someone else. It broke her, but she...