ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴇʟsᴇ || ᴍ.ʏɢ + ᴘ.ᴊᴍ...

By imhyungry

Yoongi has one friend and absolutely no interest in making any others. Insisting that Namjoon is all he needs... More

chapter one .
chapter two .
chapter three .
chapter four .
chapter five .
chapter six .
chapter seven .
chapter eight .
chapter nine .
chapter ten .
chapter eleven .
chapter twelve .
chapter thirteen .
chapter fourteen .
chapter fifteen .
chapter seventeen .
chapter eighteen .
chapter nineteen .
chapter twenty .
chapter twenty-one .
chapter twenty-two .
chapter twenty-three .
chapter twenty-four .
chapter twenty-five .
chapter twenty-six . [ extra ]

chapter sixteen .

10.8K 730 268
By imhyungry

Just like that, the day of the fair arrived. Weeks of preparation, hours of hard work from all the students who had been anticipating this day...and now it was here. The halls were embellished with colorful streamers, bulletin boards displaying pieces of artwork donated by the talented people in the art club, other boards decorated with...well, other decorations. The fair itself didn't have a particular, established theme, so when it came to decorations, many of the classes simply chose things that were pleasant to the eye.

Anyone was welcome to come to the fair. Parents, students from other schools who, though it seemed highly unfair to Yoongi, had off today, so they were able to visit Daesung High if they so desired. Then again, it was a Saturday. Of course they had off. Yoongi was just bitter that he had to go to school for something he didn't really want to do, let alone at all. His class had decided to do a cafe. How original. Yoongi didn't argue, though, seeing as anything was better than being forced into performing in a play, as another class had chosen to do as their "special activity."

Jimin had been assigned on kitchen duty. Although he wasn't surprised, Yoongi was a bit disappointed that Jimin wouldn't be on the serving/waiting committee with him. The day would probably drag on even longer, especially since he was stuck working with Taehyung, who made absolutely no effort to camouflage those bitter stares of his. It was a good thing Yoongi was indifferent to Tae's opinion of him.

The morning went by rather slowly. Typically, not many people came by until the afternoon, so for a while no one really knew what to do with themselves. Some people slipped away from their stations to go to other classrooms, others started conversations to pass the time. Yoongi was tempted to leave his room and find Namjoon, but the minute he made the decision to do so, his homeroom teacher happened to enter to inform the class that numerous, large groups of students from other schools were arriving, and that everyone was to remain at or return to his or her own station. It was close to noon. People were bound to flock to any and all places that were offering food. This thought in mind, Yoongi braced himself for the oncoming storm of teenagers he predicted would be showing up any moment.

"Can't believe I'm stuck here with you..."

Taehyung scratched the back of his head. He sighed loudly just as a couple of girls from another high school entered the cafe. Yoongi, who was standing directly beside him at the time, didn't have to ask to know that Tae was referring to him. He clenched his teeth and resisted the urge to bite back at him.

Almost resisted, that is.

"Who says I wanna be stuck with you, either?"

Taehyung clicked his tongue. "I don't really care what you want," he muttered under his breath. "If Jimin didn't like you so much, I'd have punched you in the face by now."

"And why's that?"

"I don't even know, you've just got a punchable face. And you're annoying. Really annoying and I don't like you."

"Awfully blunt, aren't you?"

"Of course. I'm an honest person."

Yoongi scoffed. "Define 'honest'."

"Hey. What are you trying to say?"

"Nothing. You need to pay attention. We have more customers arriving."

"Why you little--hello! Welcome to our cafe! Yoongi here will show you to your seat. Won't you, Yoongi?"

"How about I show my foot to your a-"

"Aaa-ah-ah." Taehyung pressed a finger to Yoongi's lips. "Such foul language is a no-no in this establishment." Smiling cockily, he turned to the two ladies now giggling at the scene. "Excuse him. He's a bit lacking in the manners department. But he won't keep you waiting any longer. Yoongi, go go."

Taehyung shooed him along, internally laughing at the disdainful pout upon Yoongi's lips. He found enjoyment in being a little spiteful with the bitter boy.

-----------

It was almost like Yoongi was at work again, except for the fact that he had to move around a lot more here, and he wasn't getting paid a single thing, and it was much louder, and worse. Many people stopped by. Too many, in his opinion. Dashing back and forth between tables and constantly being called over by new customers who, for some reason, chose to request attention from him rather than from the people who were literally just standing around doing nothing. Several girls who came in even tried to flirt with him, asking for his number, complimenting him on his hair, to which Yoongi responded with an uncomfortable 'thanks'.

Eventually the students running the cafe were given a break.

Taking off his stupid apron and leaving it in the classroom, Yoongi walked out into the hallway and began making his way towards Namjoon's room. It took a lot longer than it should have, as there were a scattering of visitors blocking his straight and easy path, and he didn't even make it all the way there before he was stopped by someone. Someone with white-ish blonde hair covered mostly by a pink hoodie and dark tinted sunglasses shielding his eyes.

"Yoongi! Psst! It's me!"

The boy was speaking in a semi-loud whisper, clearly trying not to draw attention to himself, but at the same time wanting to ensure Yoongi could hear him. Yoongi wanted so badly just to walk right by him. However a part of him couldn't do that for a couple of reasons, one of them being his curiosity as to why Kim Seokjin was at his school right now. Yoongi honestly couldn't believe that no one had spotted him by now. Maybe Jin's disguise was only obvious to him. He didn't know for sure. But whatever the case be, he was glad. If anyone else caught on that Seokjin were in this building, chaos would without a doubt ensue, and that was the last thing Yoongi wanted.

Yoongi swallowed his breath. "What are you doing h-"

"I initially came here to see Hobi," Jin explained straightaway, "and I did. He did a play. It was super cute. Anyway, after he was done performing he told me that Namjoon was here too? Do you know where I could find him?"

"Namjoon?"

A light bulb went on in his mind. Jin uttering that name sparked an idea, or perhaps it would be more accurate to call it an act of revenge. Simple, and not done out of spite, but it was revenge nonetheless.

It went without saying that Seokjin suddenly showing up at his classroom would come as a surprise to Namjoon. The boy would probably freak out, internally and externally, and to Yoongi, such a thing would be the perfect way to get back at Namjoon for all the times he had teased Yoongi about his awkwardness around Jimin.

"I'll show you to his class."

"For real?!" Jin exclaimed. Yoongi flinched, then made a hand motion for Jin to keep his voice down. "Yoongi, thank you. I really owe you one."

"Whatever, just follow me. And don't be so loud."

"Right."

So Yoongi did just as he said he would and took Seokjin directly to where he could find Namjoon. After sliding open the classroom door, Yoongi drew his friend's attention over to himself, then immediately stepped to the side to reveal Jin, whose face lit up like a Christmas tree at the sight of Namjoon wearing glasses--actual glasses, not sunglasses like Jin was wearing.

Namjoon's jaw was on the floor. Eyebrows on the ceiling. His first unexpected encounter with the idol had been enough to convince him he had the best luck in the world, but this was just...absurd. Why was Jin here? Why did it seem like he had been looking for him? Why did he look so freaking adorable waving at him with the biggest smile on his face?

Yoongi smirked as a questioning glance was thrown his way.

"Seokjin, blow a kiss at him."

He didn't hesitate to do just that. Pressing a kiss to the palm of his hand, then breathing softly on it with puckered lips. Namjoon's cheeks turned red and he placed a hand over his own heart. One of his classmates stopped to talk to him, jabbing a thumb in Seokjin's direction and asking if he were a friend. Flustered Namjoon, not knowing how to respond, apologized and quickly ran over to Yoongi and Jin, heart still beating wildly in confusion and embarrassment.

Jin hugged him. Briefly. But a hug was a hug.

"I'm so glad I could find you here," he said, breathing a happy sigh of relief. "Well, it's thanks to Yoongi, but still. I wanted to see you again, Joonie. Ah, can I call you Joonie? I don't have much time left before I have to go--it's my manager, he can be really crabby sometimes--but I wanted to exchange numbers while I have the chance-"

That was all Yoongi heard of the conversation. As much as he wanted to stick around and watch his speechless friend's face change colors, he figured he should give the two some space. He left the class and decided to go to the bathroom, seeing as this was his only break for the rest of the day, and he didn't have much else to do now anyway. So Yoongi made his way towards the staircase that would lead to where he wanted to go. Lazily he climbed them, happy to find this part of the school pleasantly quieter. It made sense. After all, the classes who were located on the second floor were holding their exhibits outdoors, so no visitors except those needing to use the restroom had any reason to be in this part of the building. For that reason, hearing his name called the second he reached the top of the staircase caught Yoongi a bit off guard.

It was Jimin who called out, naturally. The orange-haired boy rushed over to him before Yoongi could take another step toward him.

"Man, I feel like I haven't seen you all day." Jimin chuckled, scratching his cheek. "I've been so busy helping with cooking in the kitchen. It's been fun, I won't lie, but I kinda hoped I'd be able to hang out with you and Taehyung. How was serving with him, by the way?"

Of all questions. "Meh." He shrugged.

"Oh, it couldn't have been that bad..."

"Yeah, it really wasn't," Yoongi said. "I was too busy to be that bothered by him."

"Was he giving you a hard time?" Jimin asked, eyes already apologetic before he even got an answer. Yoongi looked away for a moment.

"I wouldn't say it like that," he responded hesitantly. "I mean, he said some things, but I'm...trying to be understanding...like you said. It's really freaking hard, since I'm not a kind person, you know. But you said he's kinda like me. So I'm doing my best...to see it like that..." Yoongi heaved a heavy breath. "Like I said, it's hard, but I've been trying, so don't get mad if you hear me tell him to piss off every now and then."

He didn't think Jimin would smile at that last comment but he did.

"If he saw you the way I see you, I'm sure Taehyung would be a lot nicer to you."

Yoongi's eyes widened a bit. Jimin's did, too, when he realized his words could have been interpreted another way. He cleared his throat, visibly shy all of a sudden, and he stepped back towards the steps.

"What I'm saying is that, if Tae knew what a sweet guy you were, he'd be much friendlier. But I mean, it seems like the times you've been the sweetest are when we're alone, and--o-oh, I'm sorry, that sounds...I need to work on my wording-"

He took yet another step backwards, not realizing he was at the very edge of the top stair. He stepped over the edge, so near to falling down the staircase. But Yoongi reached out not a second too late, and with all the strength he had in him he pulled Jimin back up.

And straight into a hug. A very, very tight hug. It happened so fast, and Yoongi didn't even know why he reacted that way, pulling the boy into his arms and not just onto the second floor again. Nonetheless, here he was, holding on to Jimin for dear life as though he had been the one who fell.

A long stretch of silence rested. For a while, the only sounds that could be heard were breathing and beating hearts.

"Yoongi, y-"

"How can one person be so clumsy?"

Jimin felt Yoongi squeeze him a little tighter. It was nice. Really nice.

"I'm sorry...I'll be more careful..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 3.2K 59
Three friends in college lose a game against their other friend Hoseok. Now, Seokjin, Jimin and Taehyung have to go to a club crossdressed as women...
175K 12K 18
A YOONKOOK SHORT STORY! Recently dumped, heartbroken, and unwilling to move on, Yoongi spends his days wallowing in self-pity. He's trying to tell hi...
1.4K 112 37
"I'm such a fucking fool for you." Yoongi and Jimin met again in a few years after college- the sad part was, they didn't end in a good part. They ne...
135K 6.9K 40
Min Yoongi is a senior in High School. Hard at work with a scholarship to the best music composition university he doesn't talk to others or care ab...