The day I stopped singing in...

By mchattin

Martina is a bubbly Spanish 21 year old girl full of insecurities and a little apprehensive towards love. Eve... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Karma
Chapter 2: Rules
Chapter 3: Leather
Chapter 4: Hakuna your tatas
Chapter 5: Spanish
Chapter 6: Wine
Chapter 8: Tie
Chapter 9: Good friends
Chapter 10: Red code
Chapter 11: Carter
Chapter 12: First times
Chapter 13: Golden Balloons
Chapter 14: Thunder
Chapter 15: Cute panda
Chapter 16: Blood
Chapter 17: Stay
Chapter 18: Taboo
Chapter 19: Would you rather
Chapter 20: Dildo
Chapter 21: Ace Junior
Chapter 22: Cold
Chapter 23: Boo
Chapter 24: Talk
Chapter 25: Lullaby
Chapter 26: Alligator
Chapter 27: Friction
Chapter 28: Ugly crier
Chapter 29: Volcano
Chapter 30: Ragazza
Chapter 31: Handshake
Chapter 32: 240296
Chapter 33: Superpowers
Chapter 34: Librarian
Chapter 35: Sexy thing
Chapter 36: Bruise
Chapter 37: Badass
Chapter 38: Cheese
Chapter 39: Pistachio
Chapter 40: Jealous
Chapter 41: Ring
Chapter 42: Tortilla
Chapter 43: Foul
Chapter 44: Reese
Chapter 45: Kill
Chapter 46: Juvy
Chapter 47: Lazy
Chapter 48: Cracked
Chapter 49: Butterfly
Chapter 50: Journal
Epilogue (I)
Epilogue (II)
Epilogue (III)
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BONUS CHAPTER
SPIN-OFF

Chapter 7: A thing

45.7K 1.4K 332
By mchattin

I was humming a song on the radio looking out of the window as he drove. I felt at ease.

"Why were you drinking?" He asked.

"Uh?" I turned my head back to him and raised my eyebrows.

"Before I arrived. You were alone. Why were you drinking?" He glanced at me briefly and then back at the road.

"I don't know. There has to be a reason?" I cocked my head.

He shrugged. "I've never drank by myself. I don't know, maybe you were trying to drown your sorrows or something." He turned the steering wheel to the left and looked at me amusedly.

"What makes you think I have sorrows to drown? I'm always beaming." I said grinning widely, leaning my face towards him.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head. "You were crying before I arrived because I wasn't there. Admit it." He smirked and looked at me out of the corner of his eye.

"We should choose a table for three. Two for us and one for your ego."

He chuckled. I swear I was not used to these acts of joy from his part. He was a serious guy and these things caught me by surprise.

We stayed silent for a few more minutes. Well, I wasn't quiet, I couldn't stop myself from singing along every damn song on the radio. He pulled over the car and parked.

He got out and waited for me to do the same. When I arrived next to him, we started walking towards the door.

"Good evening, just the two of you?" Asked a young lady that was next to the door.

"Actually, we're thr-" Ace elbowed me and smiled kindly to the hostess.

"Yes, just the two of us."

"Perfect." She smiled widely. "Follow me."

She started walking and Ace looked at me narrowing his eyes. I giggled and began to walk after the lady. She guided us towards one of the booths in one corner of the restaurant. I sat down and took off my jacket and watched as Ace did so. He had this chaotic air around him, but yet he was so classy. He would always had this expensive, but not too extravagant watch, and his clothes were always very well chosen. He also smelled really good.

"Are you done checking me out? I could do the same to you." He said glancing at my boobs.

I was wearing black jeans and a black tank top with a significant cleavage.

"Eyes on my face." I said guiding two fingers to my eyes. He fought a smile and we looked through the menu. Another waiter came and took our orders.

"You know, this is my favourite Italian restaurant in town."

"Well I'm not from here, but I didn't know about the existence of this place." I said, my eyes wandering around.

"I know, that's one of the reasons why I like it. People don't know about it. And the food is amazing."

"This is where you bring girls?" I asked playing with the flame of a candle on the table with my fingers.

"I think I never brought any girl here." He said furrowing his brow and looking up as if to think about it.

I tried not to get too excited about the fact that I might be the first girl he brought here. Why did these things seemed to matter to me all of a sudden?

"Have you always lived here?" I asked him curiously.

He nodded. "What about you?"

I bit the corner of my mouth and thought about it for a moment. "Well, I spent the first ten years of my life in Spain. Then my father got promoted and had this big opportunity and we moved here. Well, not here, we live like two hours away."

"Do you miss it?" The waiter came with our food. I had ordered pasta and he ordered a pizza. I was overwhelmed about the size of my plate. It had been a long time since I hadn't eaten something like this. I tried to stop my mind from counting the calories and focused on answering the question.

"Sometimes. I loved the weather there, and the people. And food. I don't know, everything is very different. But I go every summer so I get to see my family and all. I like it here though." I shrugged and put a piece of pasta in my mouth. I moaned lowly.

He watched me amusedly. "That good?"

I laughed and nodded. "It's just I haven't had pasta since-"

"Since?" He asked grabbing a slice of his pizza and devouring it.

"A long time ago." I said trying to smile. I almost spit that out. I couldn't tell that to him. I didn't know why but I got so comfortable for a moment that I swear for a second I wouldn't have minded telling him about my disorder. What the hell was I thinking?

"Tell me more about you." He said suddenly stopping from eating.

"Like what?" I chuckled.

"I don't know, you're intriguing."

I'm the intriguing one? I didn't know anything about him. He was the mysterious one, not me.

"Ask me something." I put more pasta in my mouth.

"Do you have siblings?"

I nodded. "Two brothers. I'm the one in the middle."

We spent the night like that. Him asking me questions and me answering them. I knew I was talking too much, but he listened to me quietly, nodding to everything and asking me more and more questions. He even laughed at some of the things I told.

"Are you done?" He glanced at my plate, half of the pasta was still there but I wasn't going to eat it. I nodded and he called the waiter, and payed for our food.

We stood up, I put my jacket on and he came next to me. He put his hand on the low of my back and guided me outside.

It was raining again. We ran to the car and got in quickly.

"You know, I was going to get in first, close the door and leave you out there, but I felt bad and thought better of it."

"Well, thank god you have a heart!" I scoffed buckling on my seatbelt as my chest rise rapidly, out of breath.

The engine roared as he pulled through the driveway.

"Who gave you my number?" I asked distractedly after a few minutes.

"Nick."

"And why did you ask for it?" I turned to look at him, my bottom lip inside my mouth as I bit it.

He turned to look at me, humourless as ever. "Why not?"

"I don't know. Why would you want it?"

"For a day like this, for example."

I glanced back at the window to hide my blushing.

"Is this becoming a thing?"

"I don't know. You want it to be a thing?" He asked looking through the rearview and turning the steering wheel.

"And you?" I drove my eyes towards him again, my hands nervously playing with my purse.

"I asked first, but whatever." He chuckled. "Yes, I guess I want it to be a thing. I asked for your number because I thought we could, you know, 'hang out'" he raised two fingers gesturing quotation marks, "apart from seeing each other at some random party everytime."

"Okay." I nodded looking away. "I guess I won't block your number and add it to my contacts." I sighed humourusly.

"What an honor." He put his hand on his chest.

"I know. Consider yourself lucky." I grinned.

We arrived to my place and he turned over me and stared at my eyes for a moment. His eyes with a thoughtful air.

"I had fun tonight." He said half smiling.

"Don't know why, I just talked about myself." I chuckled.

"Let me rephrase then, you're fun." His eyes searched mine.

I laughed. I didn't know why but I laughed. I did it when I was nervous. I didn't take compliments very well, even though my therapist and I had worked on that.

"You forgot to mention attractive." I said smirking.

"Oh yes, that too." He fought a smile.

We stayed quiet for a few seconds staring at each other.

"I still don't know anything about you." I talked lowly, studying his face.

"We'll let it for next time." He cleared his throat and put a hand on the steering wheel.

I put mine on the doorknob while looking at him amused. "Still so sure that there is gonna be a next time?"

He bit the corner of his mouth trying not to smile, as he always did, and I melted everytime.

"After what we've talked, still believing that there won't be another time?"

"Just reassuring in case you weren't serious before."

"Do I look like joking?" He said with that blank expression he usually had.

I shook my head and smiled.

"Goodnight, Ace."

He stared at me and smiled.

God, that smile. That smile that could melt the North Pole. I had to keep myself from throwing myself at his arms. I opened the door, put a foot outside the car and looked at him again.

"You know, you should smile more often." I told him smiling kindly. He looked away, clearly embarrassed about my comment. Okay, he was not only sexy but cute af. I shook my head and stepped out of the car. I closed the door behind me and began to walk towards my door.

"Martina!" He popped his head out of his window. I turned around and raised my eyebrows. "Are you sure you wanna sleep alone?" He said with a smirk.

I waved at him laughing and made my way towards the doors.

I usually loved being at the apartment alone, but tonight, tonight I wasn't that sure of that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're on speaker, mamá. Sarah's in the car too."

"Hi Lola!" Yelled Sarah happily lowering her face to the speaker.

"Hi bonita! how are you?"

"Not very good right now, we're heading to class." She grimaced.

"Oh, poor things. Everything will be worth it at the end, remember that. Martina, I'm so glad you called. How are you, cariño?"

"I'm good mamá. Is work fine?"

"Yes, I love it. I missed it so much. And you Martina, everything alright?"

There she was. Worrying again. I think she was surprised that I called. She definitely wasn't expecting it.

"Are you-" she continued but I cut her off.

"Yes, mamá, I'm eating well." Sarah gave me an odd look, raising an eyebrow. "What" I mouthed. She shook her head and glanced at the window.

"Alright, alright" she chuckled. "I actually was planning to call you today. We're visiting on Saturday, don't make plans, okay?"

"Sure." I thought for a moment. "Mamá" I began slowly, almost whispering. "If you see myself skinnier, don't freak out, okay? I'm busy and a little stressed out and I lost a little bit of weight."

I stopped the car when we arrived at the parking lot. There was a pause. A long one. I was about to check if she was still there when she talked.

"I don't like that Martina." She said, her tone serious. Sarah gave me a knowingly look.

"I know, mamá." I closed my eyes and let out a breath, leaning my forehead against the steering wheel. "I have to go, okay?"

She said nothing.

"Bye mamá, love you."

"Adiós Martina."

She hung up and Sarah put a hand on my back, stroking it gently.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright." She whispered.

"I'm just so fucking tired of food controlling my life. It's like I'm in a cage and I can't escape. And I want to be free, joder."

Sarah leaned over and hugged me from my back.

"It'll get easier. Just remember everyone around you loves you and we just try to help. You have to trust people and rely on them a little bit. You can't do everything on your own."

I sighed and kept my eyes closed, my forehead still against the steering wheel.

"I know it's not easy to let people help you, but don't keep everything to yourself because you don't want to bother anyone. Don't think you are a burden, 'cause you're not."

I looked at her and pulled up a smile.

"I know you're trying, but that the fakest smile I've ever seen" she chuckled.

I laughed and shook my head.

"Thanks." I sighed again. "You always know what to say." I smiled, this time genuinely.

"I'm glad my psychology degree is working." She smiled kindly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was taking notes like crazy, so I could keep my mind out of everything.

"Hey." Whispered Matt sitting beside me. "Thanks for the seat."

"Why are you late?" I glanced at him and continued taking notes.

"I slept through my alarm."

I nodded and payed attention to the teacher. It was a very intense class of thermodynamics. The class went on like that and when it finished I got up and grabbed my things.

"Are you okay?" Asked Matt frowning at me.

"Hmh." I nodded. "Why?"

"I don't know. You are quiet. You never are."

I smiled widely. "I've never been better." Then I remembered about the party on friday. "What about you? What happened with Keya?"

He stood up and followed me towards he door. He put his hand on the back of his head and looked at me smiling sheepishly. "You were right. We're kind of dating now."

"Are you kidding me? That's great Matt!"

He grinned like a fool. "Yes it is." He turned to the left and I went the opposite direction. "Where are you going? We don't have classes again until eleven."

"I wanna go to the library and study for a little bit. See you at lunch and tell me everything?" I said with a grin.

"Sure." He waved at me and turned around.

I began to make my way towards the library and I saw a figure coming towards me. You know those mornings, when you wake up and you are certain that it isn't going to be a good day? Something simple happens, like you spill a little bit of your coffee on your shirt, having to change your outfit, and it all begins rolling towards a very bad day. Well, today was one of those days. And I hated to say it, but it was Monday. I liked Mondays, dammit.

I tried to take another way, avoiding him and turning to my left, but he had already seen me. He came jogging and grabbed my wrist.

"What are you doing here, Zach?" I asked harshly. He studied on the other side of campus, he didn't need to come here for anything.

"I just wanted to apologise. You won't reply my texts and I'm so sorry, Martina."

"I forgive you. Now, would you let go off me?" He did so and I started walking again. He came into my way and opened his arms stopping me.

"Can you come to my place tonight? I'll make it up to you." His eyes searched my face and I looked away.

"I think it's better if we end things, Zach." I passed him by and kept on walking.

"What the fuck, Martina." He grabbed my arm turning me abruptly. I glanced around and people were looking at us. My anger levels increasing every minute.

"Zach, I don't want to keep on with this." I said sharply. I shrugged him off and walked away.

"You found another guy to fuck, right?!" He scoffed shouting.

I was seeing red by that moment. He didn't even know why he was apologising for. Who did he think he was, shouting that purposely so everyone could hear it?

I span around and tilted my head up to meet his gaze.

"Can't you just assume that I don't want anything to do with you? You're manipulative and I'm not a fucking object, is that clear?"

I turned around for the last time, people watching me as I did so. I was breathing heavily because of the anger. I made my way out of the building, and to the library and burst opened the door, without noticing. I went to one of the tables that was empty at the back and let my books and other possessions on it, making noise as I did so. I sat down on a chair at the corner of the table harshly and ran my hands through my face, letting out a big breath. There weren't much people in the library today, but some of them were definitely glaring at me. I didn't care if people was watching me, I needed to calm down. I opened one of the files and took out my notes. I decided to make a clean copy on my laptop to begin with. Hoping like that, I could relax a little.

I took my Mac from my bag and started typing frantically, glancing at the papers next to me.

"Hey." Somebody whispered sitting next to me as a hand rested on my shoulder. I turned to my left and saw who it was. That messy hair and those amber eyes looking at me worriedly. My stomach made a flip. I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I wasn't expecting him. "Are you okay?"

His words sank into my brain but I was just focusing on the movement of his lips. I wasn't expecting him, but it was definitely an pleasant surprise. For some odd reason his mere presence accomplished to calm me down.

He waved his hand around my face. "Hello?"

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked shaking my head rapidly.

"I said are you okay?"

"Hmh." I nodded. "Why?"

"I don't know, you tell me. I saw you coming in and you almost break the door. And you're about to do the same thing with your keyboard."

I chuckled looking at my lap. "I'm just stressed out about exams and everything." I let out a breath and glanced back at him.

"You know you suck at lying, right?" He said biting the corner of his mouth. I opened mine to say something but he spoke first. "Don't worry, if you don't want to talk about it, I won't push it."

He stood up and left. Just like that. I found myself suddenly missing him beside me. I tried to forget about it and go back to my work when a few seconds later, he came again. A huge anatomy book on his hands. He placed it on the table and sat down next to me. He opened it and began to turn the pages.

"What are you doing?" I asked whispering.

"I'm studying."

I was going to ask why there beside me and not in the seat he was before, but I decided to focus on my notes. I was typing and redoing some of the drawings when I felt a hand on my thigh. I glanced at Ace and his expression was serious, focused reading. As if his hand was just not stroking my leg. I ignored it and continued doing my thing, until I felt the hand travelling up my inner thigh.

"Ace, what are you-" I let out a gasp.

"Shh. I'm trying to review the female anatomy here." He pointed to the book with his other hand.

I gave him an 'are you fucking crazy' glare but he wasn't looking at me. He was concentrated reading. His hand going up until it arrived to my underwear. I was wearing a denim skirt so the access was pretty easy. He began to rub his fingers through the length of my panties and I started to look around frantically to check out if someone was watching us. The table was empty and we were surrounded by shelves. It was really difficult to see us from this spot.

"You're tense. Relax." He whispered, his eyes never leaving the book.

I tried to do so and I started typing again. His hand pulled my undies apart and his fingers found the way to my entrance. He began to finger me and rubbing my clit when his fingers got out. My chest began to rise up rapidly as I panted. It really was difficult not to moan or make any type of sound. He fastened his motion and I felt like I couldn't hold it anymore. I grabbed his wrist and stared at him, with pleading eyes, begging him to stop. But he didn't even glance at me. He didn't stop either. He only began to do it faster until I couldn't keep it.

I let out a low moan as I began to shake and closed my legs involuntarily with his hand between them. Heat coming to my cheeks as I blushed. My labored breathing slowing its path. He took off his hand and looked at me with a smirk.

I studied his face, my lips parted slightly as I breathed, my cheeks red from the heat.

All of a sudden, he stood up, took his book and leaned down to me. His mouth came close to my ear and whispered, "I gotta go to class." He gave me a kiss on the forehead and went away.

He left me there, with a feeling of pleasure between my legs that the orgasm I just had left there. Was it a dream or did that really happen?

And just like that, he made me forget my anger and made my day a hundred times better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoy it! Thanks to the people who read it! Don't forget to vote and comment, I would love to know what you think! 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 9.1K 65
When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hates your guts for who-knows-what reason bu...
73.4K 2.6K 45
COMPLETE ⚠️ This is a fictional story. ⚠️ All characters are fictional, their opinions and actions are in no way real, or related to the real world...
56.1K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...
302 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...