Sugar-coated Love (Kuroko no...

Por yetyoibabe

They were bestfriends, however, they knew they loved each other even more than that. But she had a secret he... Mais

Sugar-coated Love (Kuroko no Basuke Fanfiction)
01: Marshmallows
02: Reunion I
04: Cookies
05: The Red Emperor and Stalkerchin
06: Their Special Bond
07: I Love Her, But..
08: So It's You Nanodayo
09: Invitations
10: Pain and Change
11: A Perplexing Atsushi
12: Be With Me Forever
Can you guys...

03: Reunion II

2.6K 119 165
Por yetyoibabe

Murasakibara Atsushi's POV

I sweatdropped when I finally realized where we were. Maji Burger? I turned to my companions, scowling. But Kuroko and Yumi seemed pleased, while Himuro and Kagami were looking so miserable. They were obviously exhausted from the long walk while carrying four heavy cases.

"Why are we here?" I asked, giving them a disapproving look.

Yumi turned to me, "Kuroko-kun told me their vanilla shake is the best. I want to try it."

Her gaze made my tongue idle. I wanted to complain more but I lost the courage. Damn! She looked really excited and happy. Kuroko and her got along pretty well. In fact, they were inseparable ever since we left the airport.

Kagami groaned. Aloud. "We should have taken a taxi if you intended to come here!"

"I wanted to go sightseeing, sorry." Then she let out a shaky laugh.

"You can do that after you've taken care of these heavy bags of yours!" Kagami was pretty annoyed. He stretched his arms out then massaged his own shoulders.

"Yeah. Your things are a little too heavy, you know." Himuro did the same, but there was no sign of being annoyed on his face.

Somewhere in my heart, I felt a little guilty. I should have helped them. I glanced at Yumi, she looked so guilty as well.

"I'm so sorry. I've been so inconsiderate to the both of you." She walked closer to the two, tiptoed and gave each one of them a peck on the cheek. I was surprised, them too--even Kuroko.

"A token of apology. Sorry again." She smiled cheekily to the two statues.

"Yumi," Himuro recovered first. "You shouldn't kiss so casually like that in public places."

She pouted, "Nande? We do that a lot in America. And besides, what's so wrong about it? It's only on the cheeks. Alex is even naughtier, she kisses you on the lips and you don't even complain."

We do that a lot in America?

What the! So they kissed a lot of times in America? Suddenly, I felt my blood ran cold.

"Y-You're different, Yumi. People will think we have a relationship," Kagami stuttered.

"Jeez. To you both? Ew." Then she laughed, "Mou. Whatever you two!" She grabbed Kuroko's hand then dragged him towards the counter, "Let's go, Kuroko-kun. We'll order."

"Chotto matte kudasai, Yumi-san."

Himuro sighed, "Mattaku.."

I stared at the two beside me, they were still flustered. My eyes sharpened upon realizing something.

They love her!

* * *

We occupied the biggest and farthest table around the corner. I sat beside Himuro while Yumi sat across us, beside the Seiren Duo. Our position was putting me especially on edge. I was still not so sure about what to do with Yumi around, especially when we're face to face. I couldn't hide every expression that I might make whenever I see her do something that would remind me of the past.

But my thoughts were interrupted when I saw the number of burgers in Kagami's tray. "Are you sure you're human?"

He glared at me, "You're one to talk! You're a glutton!"

"Don't fight in front of the food, guys." Yumi took a sip of her shake then turned to Kuroko with a satisfied smile, "Oh! You're right, Kuroko-kun. It's delicious."

"Yes. It really is, Yumi-san."

I took my box of Maiubo out then started eating. I never liked burgers, they're greasy. Though I had to admit that the shake was really good.

"So Murasakibara, why are you here?" Kagami suddenly asked, taking a huge bite of his burger.

"Why? Can't I be here? You even brought Kuro-chin with you. I also tagged along with Muro-chin," I replied then took a bite of my own Maiubo as well.

Himuro wiped the sides of his mouth using a table napkin, "That's not quite true. You see Taiga, Atsushi's the knight Yumi was telling us back in America."

Kagami stopped chewing then swallowed whole whatever it was that's inside his mouth. "N-No way! You're kidding, right?" He turned to Yumi beside him, "But you said he's cool, fun, and cute?"

"Murasakibara-kun was really like that when I first met him. But when I joined them in the first string, he's already changed and we never knew why." Kuroko chimed in, which made me grit my teeth.

I was just about to speak but when I saw Yumi's gaze at me, I automatically became idle again. Her eyes were staring directly into mine--as if digging up my mind, my soul, and I couldn't look away.

Yumi..

"This is absurd! Murasakibara is an idiot yet when you talked about him, he sounded like the world's greatest friend. I can't believe this!" Kagami blabbered while giving me a look I couldn't even describe.

I looked at him, narrowing my eyes into a glare. "You are so annoying, I can't stand it! Are you really trying to pick a fight with me, Kagami?"

"Enough with that, Atsushi, Taiga. Yumi's going to scold you again," Himuro warned.

But then all of us stopped what we were doing when a bunch of people stopped right in front of our table. We all raised our heads and turned to whoever-they-may-be.

What the!

"Tetsu-kun!" Momoi immediately clung onto Kuroko. She sat beside him, giving him a hug. While Kise and Aomine remained towering over us beside our table.

"Momoi-san, I can't breathe."

Kise gave us a delighted smile, "Hey, guys."

"Kise! Ahomine!" Kagami blurted out, surprised.

Aomine returned the same look, "You! Bakagami!"

"Wow! What a coincidence," Himuro remarked coolly as he took a sip of his own shake.

"What are you doing here, Murasakibaracchi?" But Kise's eyes widened when his gaze landed on Yumi. "No way! Y-You're.."

"You're the model, Sweet Yumi!" Aomine blurted out, sharing the same reaction as Kise.

Ah! So she was that popular, even Aomine knew she's a model.

Yumi smiled, "Long time no see, Kise-kun. Aomine-kun."

Kise's smile widened, "I'm so happy! You still know me, Yumicchi!"

"Of course. You're one of the few people who acknowledged me back then."

I was very confused. Why did they know each other?

"Wait," Aomine raised a hand, getting some attention. "You know my name, Sweet Yumi-chan?"

Aomine was confused. Well apparently, he didn't recognize her anymore. I wasn't surprised though. Because no matter how I looked at it, the Yumi before and the Yumi now were completely different persons.

"You were in the same class in Teiko, Mine-chin." I said, opening up another pack of Mauibo.

I knew why Yumi knew Aomine, but Kise? He only became a regular during our second year. And during that time, Yumi was already in America.

Aomine's eyes widened, shocked. "Don't tell me, you're Fujima? The Slender Girl?"

"That's harsh, Dai-chan!"

Yumi laughed, "It's okay. That's what they call me back then."

Aomine's eyes instantly etched with amazement and desire. Then a creepy smile crept into his face. And I knew why, she's the exact ideal girl for him.

This guy!

"Long time no see, Fujima. I didn't recognize you." He attempted to sit beside her but Kise was fast enough, he was already beside Yumi even before Aomine could move a muscle.

"Yumicchi! I-I'm a fan. I always see you in magazines." He gave her his signature sparkling smile that girls would find irresistible.

Seriously, what's with his smile?

"I'm still me, Kise-kun. Let's leave my career behind. And I heard you're a model too, you're quite popular even to girls in America." She casually said, seemingly unaffected with his irresistible charm.

Kise lit up, "Really? I'm so happy!" Then he pouted his lips all of a sudden."You're the very first girl who broke my heart-ssu."

"We were still so young back then," she laughed.

Us, their audience, were technically confused of their conversation. Especially me, I had no idea what they were talking about.

The annoyed Aomine sat beside Himuro, placing his elbow on top of the table then resting his chin on his palm. "What the heck's going on? Explain to us so we can keep up," he whined lazily.

Kise turned to us. "She's my first love," he announced with a smile.

I was shocked and so was the other four--Kuroko wasn't counted because he was just staring blankly at Yumi and Kise. While me, on the other hand, was trying my hardest to recall every conversation I had with Yumi back then. I couldn't remember her mentioning anything about a blonde boy with a name that goes with Kise Ryouta.

"What?! You two had a relationship?!" Kagami sputtered, dazed.

"Even I don't know," Himuro mumbled, more to himself.

Kise's expression changed, "No, actually we went to the same Elementary School, we were classmates. I had this huge crush on her because she's so cute and smart. But when I confessed to her, the next day she turned me down."

Wait, it was Kise who confessed to Yumi during Sixth Grade? Then I finally remembered that she told me all about him, she even said that he's cute and nice. So she really turned him down when I told her to?

Kagami and Aomine bursted out laughing. "Wise choice!" They exclaimed in unison, but then glared at each other afterwards because of thinking the same thing.

Kise pouted, showing a hurt expression. "Aominecchi, Kagamicchi, hidoi!"

"Why did you turn him down, Yumi-san?" Kuroko asked, letting himself in to the conversation.

Yumi thought for a moment then glanced at me, "Because Atsushi told me that I'm still too young to enter a relationship."

"Atsushi? Murasakibaracchi?"

"Mukkun did?" Even Momoi was shocked.

Yumi nodded her head with a fixed smile, then Kise and Momoi turned to me with a confused expression. I opened my mouth and was just about to speak when..

"Yumi-san and Murasakibara-kun were childhood friends," Kuroko butted in nonchalantly.

Kise and Momoi were surprised, but not Aomine. "Yeah. Murasakibara would talk about her a lot during--"

Before he could even finish the sentence, I grabbed a pack of my Maiubo then threw it at his face. He winced in pain, growling. "Iitai! What's your problem, Murasakibara?"

"Shut your mouth, Mine-chin." I spat. I've had enough of them talking about me as if I wasn't around.

"That's pretty mean of you, Atsushi." Yumi threw me a cute glare, turning to Aomine who was still muttering silent curses. She leaned towards him then checked the part of his face which I had hit. "Are you okay? Does it hurt?"

I gritted my teeth when I realized that Aomine was enjoying the attention. "Yeah. It hurts. Murasakibara threw it pretty hard. I didn't know a pack of Maiubo would hurt that badly," he said, faking a hurt expression.

"I'm sorry for what he did," Yumi said softly, still caressing Aomine's face.

I popped a vein, Kise too, Momoi too. While Himuro and Kuroko were still watching as blankly as ever. But before any of us could even react, a furious Kagami pulled Yumi away from Aomine. "Get away from that pervert, Yumi!"

"Who are you calling a pervert huh? Bakagami!"

"You! You are taking advantage of her kindness!"

"I am not! You have no concrete evidence!"

I was practically flabbergasted with the sudden turn of events, then later became annoyed of their loud mouths. I heard Himuro sigh, I turned to him.

"They're at it again," he mumbled once again while still taking a sip of his shake.

"Hello! Are you Kuroko-kun's girlfriend?"

I glanced at Yumi whose attention was now focused on Momoi, to Momoi who's hitting on Kuroko. They were ignoring Kagami and Aomine who were still throwing offensive lines at each other.

Momoi smiled, "Yes, I am. I'm Momoi Satsuki, nice to meet you."

"Actually, she was our manager at Teiko, Yumi-san."

But the two girls ignored Kuroko's explanation and continued their girly talk. While Kise had his nose on his own business, flipping through the pages of a magazine. Himuro was still silently enjoying his shake, not minding Kagami and Aomine's verbal fight. And I--I was having a hard time savoring the delicious taste of my Maiubo. They were too noisy.

Really, how did everything turn out into a chaos?

"Found it!" Kise suddenly cried, getting everyone's attention. Then he placed the magazine he was holding at the center of the table, "This is Yumicchi. Look at her."

All of us looked at the magazine. And there we saw the picture of a beautiful girl wearing a baby pink knee-length dress which hugged her curves perfectly, her hair was neatly curled, and her smile was so sweet and innocent. She was holding a stem of lily and there were flowers at the background too. It was obvious that it was shot in a garden.

"You look pretty in here, Yumi-san." Kuroko commented in his monotone voice.

"Thanks, Kuroko-kun."

"You're so beautiful, Yu-chan."

"Arigatou. You're beautiful too, Momo-chan. Do you want to be a model too? I could call my agent anytime." Yumi stated, sounding so excited.

"Eh? But.."

"It's okay. You're very pretty, Momo-chan. And I bet Kuroko-kun will love it if he sees you in a magazine too."

"Really?" Momoi's eyes sparkled, so overjoyed.

Kuroko turned to them, "I won't like it, Yumi-san."

Yumi pouted, "Seesh. What a jealous boyfriend."

"Ohh, Tetsu-kun!" Momoi tightly hugged him while giggling, assuming something again.

"It hurts, Momoi-san."

While they were at it again, the rest of the guys still had their eyes fixed on the magazine. You could count me in because I had nothing pretty much to do, of course, other than eating my Maiubo.

Aomine grunted, then in a lazy tone, "That's boring."

"Yeah. 'Cause Mine-chin likes nude pictures," I mumbled a little loud.

"Yeah. 'Cause he's a pervert," Kagami agreed.

Aomine popped a few visible veins. I ignored it since I wasn't really trying to pick a fight, I was just telling the truth. But Kagami smirked, pissing off Aomine even more.

"Actually, this issue features a Sweet and Daring Yumicchi. Now check this one out." Kise turned to the next page and when we saw what lies in there, we turned into rocks--their jaw dropped, I stopped munching. "This is Daring Yumi."

It was a split image of the girl on the other page. The girl was wearing a red cropped top, showing her slim stomach; a black denim skinny jeans, emphasizing her flowing long legs; and a pair of red high heels. Her long hair was messy, on purpose. Her eyes were dark and smokey; her lips were painted red. She wasn't even smiling but she was so.. so.. I couldn't explain. She was so beautiful. She was leaning against the wall, both of her hands were chained on her sides--there were chains dangling around her too. But the sexiest part was that she was looking seductively to the camera, like she was seducing every one who would see the photo.

Silence filled the air around us. Everyone's eyes were glued on the picture. I swallowed the lump in my throat, feeling a little uncomfortable. Seeing Yumi in that pose and get-up, it was making my body tense-up with sensations I wasn't really familiar with.

"Now this is hot!" Aomine blurted out, flashing a satisfied grin. And it pissed me off!

"Yumicchi is so sexy, right?"

"That picture is embarrassing," Yumi wailed, face turning bright red because of embarrassment.

Himuro gave her a serious look, "When did you shoot this, Yumi?"

"About three weeks ago."

"Why is your belly button showing?" Kagami seriously asked, split eyebrows creased.

She started fidgetting on her seat, like she was scared or nervous about something. "A-Ah, t-they forced me to do that shoot since it's my last before I fly here."

Himuro released an exasperating sigh then turned to Kagami, "Taiga, smack her forehead for me."

"Sure, I've been meaning to do that too." Kagami smacked her forehead, she whimpered. "This isn't right for you, you little lass."

I jolted, the sight made me grow mad. "Hey! Don't hurt her!"

Everyone turned to me, then I froze when I finally realized what I said. Crap! It wasn't really me to stick my nose into other people's business or anything that happens to my environment--they knew me as that type of person. But Yumi was different. I knew I said I couldn't forgive her, I even said it was okay even if she's hurting. But then seeing her in pain, even the smallest pain, I just couldn't control myself.

"Atsushi!" She cried, tears welled up in her eyes. "They're so mean." She stood up, got away from Kagami and sat on the empty chair beside me. And then much to my surprise, hugged me tightly while crying like a little child. "They're always like that, so overprotective."

My heart began to lose its beat, then my stomach churned. I knew I should just push her away or tell her to get away with me. But I didn't--I freaking didn't. Heck! I wanted her. I needed her even though I knew it was ridiculous.

"That's what brothers do, Yumi. We said we'll protect you, and this is.." Himuro pointed a finger at the magazine in front of us, "..not good for you and your image. You're supposed to be sweet and wholesome, not daring."

"Sumimasen! They forced me to do that shoot! Sumimasen!"

"Looks very fine to me," Aomine said casually, still looking at the photo.

"Back off, Ahomine. Nobody needs your opinion," Kagami spat. And the two glared at each other, sending statics everywhere.

I gathered my courage then tried pushing Yumi away, but her grip only tightened. "Please don't, Atsushi," she whispered.

I froze. And then just like that, I lost all my will to get away from her arms. I didn't know what to do, all eyes were on us. I turned my face away to hide the blush that crept into my face.

"I'm jealous-ssu," Kise pouted. "But anyway, I can't believe I'm seeing Murasakibaracchi being hugged by a girl."

I couldn't blame them. I knew they were amazed and somewhat surprised of the view. Seeing me with a girl was such a rare sight considering I've never dated anyone before, or been close to some girl other than Yumi.

Aomine grunted in jealousy, "Why does Murasakibara has some hot chick clinging unto him? This is injustice!"

I popped a vein at his last remark. But before I could even say a word, Kagami beat me to it.

"Don't you have your own, Ahomine? Momoi's with you always."

"Kagamin, I'm just always worried of Dai-chan because he's so reckless and stupid."

"Shut up, Satsuki. You're not my guardian."

"Must be nice-ssu. To have someone so concerned about you."

"YOU ALREADY HAVE TONS OF GIRLS CONCERNED ABOUT YOU, IDIOT!" The three retorted at the same time, while the other two guys were still silently drinking their shakes. And for a moment there I wondered if their cups were bottomless.

"Don't get me wrong," Yumi suddenly spoke up, silencing everyone. "I'm not clinging into Atsushi because I'm worried, it's because I love him."

My jaw ridiculously dropped. What the heck?

"Oi, Yumi! You shouldn't throw words like that around," Kagami sputtered, half-shocked.

"I'm not throwing them around." She finally pulled away from me then faced Kagami, "I love Atsushi. I love Tatsuya too, and you too."

Fuck! So that's what she meant by what she declared. My body suddenly became numb and I didn't know why. Well, what was I expecting? I was just a friend--a taken for granted friend. And the thought was making me crazy with rage.

"I only have a few friends, that's why I love every single one of them," Yumi continued then smiled. "And of course, everyone in here is included too."

I'm annoyed!

Yeah, so much. I opened another pack of Maiubo, taking a bite. I decided to stay quiet and just eat all my anger out. Dammit!

"I think Murasakibara-kun is disappointed that you only see him as a friend," Kuroko suddenly blurted out in his monotone voice.

When I turned to him in surprise, he wasn't even looking at me. I gritted my teeth. Kuro-chin! He was trying to mess with me. "I am not disappointed. And I don't care about what she thinks of me either!"

Yumi looked at me, "But Atsushi--"

I cut her off, "STOP TALKING TO ME! YOU'RE ANNOYING! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

She gasped, I heard Momoi too. Then upon realizing what I just said, I clenched my fists under the table. I saw how Yumi's expression saddened, her wide eyes showed so much pain. But it was just for a split second, she immediately smiled apologetically then stood up.

"I'm sorry if I'm so annoying. I'm so sorry," she even slightly bowed her head.

I couldn't say a word. I was afraid I might say the wrong words again.

"Atsushi! Be careful with your words," Himuro's tone was very serious.

Kagami pulled Yumi's arm then made her sit down beside him again, "Murasakibara, you bastard!"

Aomine looked at me sternly then turned to Yumi, "Don't mind him, Fujima. He's naturally like that. Everything's annoying for him."

"He's right, Yumicchi."

"Mukkun, you're so mean."

"Murasakibara-kun, you lack delicacy. You're even worse than Kagami-kun."

I groaned. I was getting all the blame, and what's worse was that I was even compared to Kagami. Though it was my fault anyway. I knew I was being a jerk, but I was also hurting and they just didn't know.

"Hey guys, I'm fine. Please stop blaming him." Yumi even laughed and winked, "He's just not in the mood."

Everyone cooled off after that, including me. I took my mint flavored pocky stash, trying to regain composure. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut.

* * *

"By the way Yumi," Himuro started. "Where are you planning to enroll?"

She turned blank, "E-Eh? I still haven't decided yet."

"Then let's go to Kaijo, Yumicchi."

"No, that's a lame school. Touo is better and besides, Satsuki and I will be there for you."

Kagami bursted out laughing, "What are you talking about? I beat you all in basketball. So therefore, Seiren is the best."

"Really?" Yumi smiled then patted Kagami's back. "I'm so proud of you, Taiga.." then she turned to Kuroko, "..and of course you too, Kuroko-kun."

"Ah, Domo. You didn't forget about me."

"Eh? Why would I?"

"People always forget about him," Kagami, Kise and Aomine said simultaneously.

"So Yu-chan, where will you go?"

"Yosen High," she said promptly with a smile.

I nearly choke on my pocky. What the!

"Why?" They all asked in unison.

Yumi shrugged her shoulders then took a sip of her shake before answering, "Because Atsushi's there."

My heart skipped a beat. Again. Was she going to follow me wherever I would go? That's hilarious! But I must admit I was suddenly feeling tummy butterflies because of the thought.

"No. You shouldn't go there, Yumi. I beat them in basketball too, you should enroll in Seiren. The number one team in Japan."

She turned to Kagami with furrowed brows, "Life isn't all about basketball, Taiga."

"But to me, it is."

She smirked, "Then why don't you try marrying a basketball for a change."

"That's a good idea, Yumi-san. Since he can handle a ball so well." Kuroko let out a faint smirk, "Even better than handling girls."

Kagami popped a vein, "Kuroko, temme!"

Everyone laughed, except Kagami who groaned and shrank into his seat. Even I couldn't stop myself from grinning at that very good joke.

"You people are so noisy-nanodayo."

We were all surprised when we heard that familiar voice, we turned to the two persons standing in front our table. Seriously? Nobody told me that it was a get-together party.

"Midorin! Akashi-kun!" Momoi exclaimed, surprised.

"Oi! Why are you all here, all of you Generation of Miracles? This is supposed to be our reunion with Yumi! You people should get another table!" Kagami whined, annoyed.

Akashi threw him a sharp look, "Sorry for the intrusion, but I don't remember you being the owner of this place." Then they occupied the remaining vacant seats. "I'm so happy to meet you all here," he gave us a casual smile.

"Yo, Aka-chin, Mido-chin." I greeted.

"Akashicchi, Midorimacchi, what are you doing here?"

"We came to participate in a Shogi Tournament-nanodayo," Midorima pushed his glasses up. "Kuroko texted me that you're here, so we came by since we happen to be around the area. And Akashi said he wanted to see you."

But much to our surprise, Kagami harshly pulled Kuroko's collar. "What the heck, Kuroko? Why did you tell them that we're here?"

"What's wrong with it, Kagami-kun? The more the merrier," Kuroko explained calmly.

Yumi pushed Kagami away from the poor guy, "Calm down, Taiga. You don't have to be so violent about it."

The two newcomers turned to her with a fixed frown on their foreheads. I presumed they didn't know her.

"And who is this girl-nanodayo?"

"Is that a joke, Midorimacchi? She's a famous international model."

"Excuse me, but I'm not really into that kinds of stuffs-nanodayo." Then he pushed his glasses up again with a stern look.

"Yeah Kise, you forgot that that guy's head is full of horoscopes and zodiacs only." Aomine smirked, pissing Midorima off.

Midorima glowered at him, "I just don't want to stoop down to your level, Aomine."

"Daiki. Shintaro." Akashi gave them a warning look, they immediately shut their mouths. "So, may I know your name?"

"I'm Fujima Yumi. I was in Teiko during my first few months of middle school," she introduced with a smile.

Akashi looked a bit surprised but then smirked afterwards, "Ah, I know you." Then she threw me a meaningful look as if telling me: So she's back, now what will you do?

I inwardly groaned. I knew that he knew about what happened to me back then, but still, I played dumb and looked away. I continued eating my pocky instead, maintaining composure. When it comes to Akashi, it's hard for me to fool around. He's always too sharp.

"It got pretty crowded in here, don't you think?" Himuro said silently to me. "But your friends are surprisingly nice and funny."

"Huh? Yeah," I agreed. They were actually nice for their own good.

"I know you too-nanodayo. You placed second at the entrance exam in Teiko."

Everyone went dead silent. I was surprised too, even I didn't know that. That exam was terrifying, I barely even passed. She's smart, I knew that. But to think that she was that good.

"What? You mean, next to Akashicchi?"

"Yes-nanodayo," Midorima calmly pushed his glasses up through the bridge of his nose.

But much to our surprise, Yumi laughed out loud. Then she turned to Midorima who was confused of her actions.

"You're so cute! Why do you add 'nanodayo' to your sentences?" She said in between her laughter.

A tick mark formed on Midorima's head, "It's none of your concern-nanodayo."

"And what's that thing you're holding?" She pointed a finger at the small rectangular box he was holding.

"It's my lucky item for the day," he answered, still annoyed.

Yumi's laugh turned into an amused smile, "Cool! I like horoscopes. You believe in them? That's amazing." She once again took a sip of her shake before continuing her talk, "Sometimes I listen to them too, especially on days where I feel so restless and unsure. You know, just in case. I want to be prepared to every eventualities."

Midorima frowned then stared at her for a moment, "What's your sign and bloodtype?"

"Eh? I'm a Cancer, and my bloodtype is B."

He smirked, "I see. Oha Asa's horoscopes never really go wrong-nanodayo."

She went blank, "Eh?"

"Nande, Midorin? What's your horoscope says for you today?"

Kise gasped, "Massaka.. Don't tell me you're thinking that Yumicchi's your destiny cause you're both Cancers and B-type bloods?"

"That's stupid, Midorima!" Aomine added.

Midorima popped a vein then faced the two, "Don't jump to conclusions, idiots! I never said that-nanodayo!"

That's completely ridiculous! So even Midorima likes Yumi? The hell.

Give me a break!

"Yumi-chan, right?" Akashi break into Yumi, giving her a grin. "I'm Akashi Seijuro. Pleased to meet you."

She smiled, "Hello. It's an honor meeting you too, the Captain of the Generation of Miracles."

"Excuse me," Akashi stood up, facing us. "But I wish to speak with Yumi-chan alone."

We were all surprised, even Kuroko. We didn't expect it. But since it's Akashi, we knew he was up to something again.

"Whatever about?" Yumi asked, but then stood up too. "Well, sure."

"Then let's take a stroll outside."

But before Yumi could even take a step, Kagami grabbed her arm. "Don't go with him, Yumi. That guy's dangerous."

Akashi frowned when he heard it. Well, after what he did to him last winter, Kagami must've been traumatized.

Poor idiot!

"What are you saying, Taiga?" She gently pushed his hand away, "I'll be fine."

"But--"

"See you later everyone," Yumi cut him off, ignoring him completely. "Let's go, Akashi-kun."

Akashi threw me one last look before walking away with Yumi, he had that smirk plastered on his face. I didn't know what's he thinking, but I was sure it had something to do with me. After the two disappeared from our sight, we were left exchanging meaningful glances at each other.

"That stubborn brat," Kagami murmured.

"Don't worry, Kagami-kun. Akashi-kun won't hurt her."

"Tetsu's right. But I wonder what they're going to talk about," Aomine said, placing his chin on top of his palm.

Kise turned to Himuro, "How did you became friends with her anyway? And I noticed she's completely changed, she was so aloof back then-ssu."

"Ah well, we never really became friends instantly. But we would always see her sitting alone on the bleachers at the Street Basketball Court where we used to play. She was so thin and pale back then and she wouldn't even talk to anyone. But somehow, Taiga managed to reach out to her."

"Uh yeah, she's like a walking stick back then." Aomine added with a huge grin.

That idiot! I suddenly wanted to smack his face for making fun of her.

Momoi glared at him, "Dai-chan!"

"How did you manage to get along with her, Kagamicchi?"

Kagami thought deeply for a moment before answering, "Hmm.. It was one afternoon when I saw her alone on the bleachers, watching me play. I noticed she was crying so I tried talking to her, then she said that she loves watching me play because I remind her of her friend."

I went blank. She was crying? Because of what? Because of me? Did she miss me that badly? But wait, Kagami reminded her of me? What an insult.

"But then she also boasted at my face that her friend still plays much better than me," Kagami continued then gave me a glare.

Everyone turned to me. "And that friend is Mukkun?" Momoi asked.

"Yeah. She would always brag about how well that guy plays. Although I didn't know that it was him at first."

I gave him a hostile gaze, "But it's true, I play much better than you."

He smirked, "I already beat you."

I returned his smirk, "Then let's go one-on-one."

"That sounds fun," that was Aomine, interested.

"Excuse me but we are talking about Yumi-san here, not basketball. You can talk about your personal matters elsewhere."

We stiffened up when we heard what Kuroko said. He had a point.

"Kuroko is right-nanodayo."

"So, Kagamicchi, what happened next?"

It was Himuro who answered, "We became so attached to her, she's really sweet and kind. After we play basketball, she would invite us to her place to have snacks. She's a good cook and she takes care of us well."

"Yu-chan plays basketball too?"

Kagami shook his head, "No. She couldn't play, she couldn't even run. What was her problem again, Tatsuya?"

"She's Asthmatic and she's not allowed to engage in any physical activities. But she loves Basketball, as much as we do." He turned to Kagami, "Ah, about a month after you flew here, she had an operation."

"Yeah. She told me over the phone, she said she's finally okay and that you and Alex taught her how to play."

I frowned, "Wait! What operation?"

Himuro turned to me, "We don't really know what kind of operation. She's very secretive about her health condition."

"So now you're interested, Murasakibara? I thought you said you don't care about her."

I glanced at Aomine, giving him a sharp glare. Mine-chin!

"That's not true, Aomine-kun. Murasakibara-kun cares for Yumi-san a lot."

Dammit! I looked at Kuroko next, giving him the same glare. But he only remained blank as ever. Kuro-chin!

Then we heard Momoi's giggle, "You guys, spit it out. You like her, don't you?"

"I like her!" Kise and Aomine blurted out in unison. Then after, glowered at each other.

"I like her first-ssu."

"Yeah, and you got rejected already. Give it up!" Aomine spat.

Kagami pound the table using his fist, he caught everyone's attention. "Oi! You shut up! I will never give Yumi to any of you!"

And the three began to quarrel, causing a fuss. We only sweatdropped.

Idiots..

"And you, Midorin? You're compatible, right?"

Midorima cleared his throat before fixing his glasses, "We're compatible, alright. But I don't like her-nanodayo."

"Yeah. And as if she'll like an obssessed horoscope freak like you," Aomine smirked teasingly.

Midorima glared at him, "You heard her-nanodayo. She said she likes horoscopes."

"She likes horoscopes, not you, Midorimacchi."

Kagami once again pound the table, but this time, much harder. "I said I will not give Yumi to any of you, Generation of Miracles. Especially you, Midorima!"

And they began to fight again, leaving us dumbfounded. Momoi facepalmed, Kuroko remained silent. Then I heard Himuro sighed, "Many have already tried to get her but in the end, she turned all of them down. Heartlessly."

But the idiots didn't even bother listening to him and only continued fighting. They were so noisy and annoying.

"But why did she come back here in Japan when she's already doing well in America? She's already famous and succesful, right?" Momoi suddenly asked, silencing everyone.

Yeah, why?

Himuro shrugged his shoulders, "She never told me why."

"I know." All of us turned to Kuroko. "She said she's here to win something back. Someone so important to her."

I froze, eyes wide. What I heard kept on ringing inside my head.

What does that mean?

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

168K 6.5K 35
I always wondered what went wrong? but then again, it was never right to begin with. I was with you from the start, but I wasn't what you wanted. Ev...
64.2K 1.5K 8
Kuroko got accepted by the Generation of Miracles fairly quickly. The other teams wonder why when Kuroko isn't that talented in basketball, besides p...
25.2K 406 15
Satsuki Momoi has loved her childhood friend Aomine Daiki since they we're young but aomine is in love with someone else.... Can Satsuki have this u...
27K 669 11
She gave him kindness and he returned it by shattering her heart so many times, breaking her to the point of no return. By the time Kise looked her w...