The Disappearance and Reappea...

By Teenwolfmk55

3rd and Final book to this series. Maya is growing older, even though she has her powers under control, she... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Hi, guys!

Chapter 1

2.1K 19 1
By Teenwolfmk55

Scott and Stiles were in trouble again, mainly because Stiles is having Supernatural withdrawal and misses working cases. I was shaking my head at them as Stiles got a cast on his wrist,
Sheriff said" What in hell were you two thinking?"
Scott said" We were just trying to help."
" Why don't you try and help me understand... what the hell happened here?"
Stiles said" Right, well, we were trying to gently persuade him to pull over..."
Scott said" Yeah. He was getting away."
Sheriff said" He got away."
Stiles said" Right. Because obviously he's some sort of criminal mastermind, Dad."
" Uh-huh. You want to guess what the stolen merchandise is?" He opened the back of the van," Hmm?"
" Critical life saving medical equipment?"
" No."
" Poison gas?"
" Nope."
" Filled with drugs?"
" Helium."
" Helium?" Sheriff nodded, I sighed then looked at them.
Once we were driving, I was sitting on Stiles' lap, slowly starting to fall asleep.
Scott said" This could be a good thing."
Stiles said" That we saved helium?" I laid my head on his shoulder,
" I mean, that... they don't need us anymore."
" Okay, well, they need us. They just don't know it."
" We're all going off to college soon. So Beacon Hills is gonna have to survive without us."
" Beacon Hills will burn to the ground without us."
" Stiles... they don't need us." Stiles' phone vibrated, he grabbed it and looked at it,
" They need us!" I looked at Scott, then nuzzled into Stiles more, closing my eyes, I fell asleep quickly.
I woke up, alone in the jeep, I rubbed my eyes then followed Scott's scent to the impound lot. I moved onto all fours and walked to them, chewing on Scott's pants.
Scott said" Well, it's not an exact science. And he's a kid. Maybe he's too freaked out to remember."
Malia said" Why does it matter if they're dead? Dead is dead."
Stiles said" Okay, if it's just a robbery, we can't help them. And if it's something supernatural, my dad can't help them."
Lydia said" It sounds like you want it to be supernatural."
" It's been, like, three months since anything's happened."
" Yeah, and once a week you drag me out of bed like I'm some sort of supernatural metal detector."
" Okay, it is way more often than that. You can't tell me that you think this is just some series of impossible coincidences?"
" What I'm saying is maybe that wouldn't be so bad." Malia and Lydia walked away, Stiles looked at Scott, Scott shrugged then grabbed the back of my hoodie and pulled me up onto his back. Stiles sat in the car that had a strangely broken windshield,
Scott said" You're starin' at a broken windshield."
Stiles said" There's something wrong with it."
" It's broken. And it wasn't a magic bullet. It was a regular bullet. That blew out a regular windshield." A regular bullet wouldn't do this kind of damage, I know that." Just like that one," he started to notice the very different windshields," and that one," it clicked,"...and that one." Stiles picked up a piece of the broken glass, we looked at it.
" Magic bullet."

We were at the school, Stiles was ticking Malia off by ruining her yearbook photo, every time. She finally gave up and walked over to us, where we were sitting at a table.
Stiles said" Why would I want to ruin your yearbook photo?"
Malia said" Maybe because you haven't signed up for your own photo yet?"
" Yes, I did."
" It's blank."
" Uh..."
Scott said" Or maybe you're sublimating the stress of graduating by avoiding key milestones. Psych paper."
" Hey, the Deputy searched the car. No slugs, no exit hole. And the address Alex gave my dad, it's an abandoned house. Come on! Missing parents, suspicious guy on horseback, magic bullet. Who's comin' with?"
Malia said" I've got to retake my photos."
Lydia said" Yeah, not interested."
Scott said" I cannot miss any more classes."
Stiles said" Scott. Scott."
" I missed 38 last semester. And Lydia's mom is the only reason I'm still in school. I can go after school."
" You know what? Forget it. I'll take Liam." i started giggling, he's not gonna take Liam, who's currently making out with Hayden on a bench in the lot." Yeah, I'm not taking Liam."
" Mmm-mmm."
Stac said" Hey, can I get a candid?"
" Yeah, sure." Scott turned me around and we pulled Stiles down, Scott sat me on his knee, putting me between him and Stiles.
Stiles whispered" Okay, fine. If you can explain to me why this is blue, I'll let it go."
Stac said" Everyone smile." We all looked at the camera and smiled.

I was with Liam, Mason, Corey and Hayden, everyone was staring at the new teacher. Except for Liam and I, I looked at Liam,
Teacher said" Schrodinger's cat. Ah, I can see I impressed you all with my artistic abilities." Hayden chuckled, Liam looked at her, then turned to Mason, who was looking at Corey. Liam was pouting too, so was Mason, Corey looked hypnotized. It was hilarious," Schrodinger puts his cat in a box with poisonous food. Now, until he opens that box, the cat is, in theory, both alive and dead. But when he opens it, it's either Hello, Mittens or Goodbye, Socks. Putting aside the potential animal abuse here, what does it have to do with physics? Yes, Hayden."
Hayden said" It illustrates the concept of quantum superposition. Light is both a particle and wave until it's observed."
" Yes. Excellent answer, very impressive. Does observing something change its behavior? Or alter its outcome? That's the question of today's lab on page 117. Break into groups of four."
Mason said" Have any of you guys noticed that phones can't geolocate today?"
Liam said" Looks like it works."
" Yeah, but that's not north. That is." He pointed towards the chalk board, he's right.
Corey said" Mine is doing it too." I looked at the cabinet then tugged at Mason's shirt, looking at him then to the cabinet.
" Mr. Douglas has a compass." Corey went invisible and went to the cabinet, He opened it then closed it then came back. He appeared with the compass, Mason grabbed it,
Hayden said" What're you gonna do with it?"
" Follow it."
" Seriously?"
Corey said" Where do you think it goes?"
Mason said" I have no idea. But we won't find out til we open the box." Corey looked very confused, I giggled, he wasn't paying attention at all.
Hayden said" Schrodinger's cat?"
Corey said" I... I still don't get it." I sighed then looked at Liam,
I said" The kitty, Corey." Corey shook his head," Oh, Corey." I shook my head then climbed onto Liam's back, holding onto him.

Once school ended, Scott texted me and told me to meet them at the jeep earlier. I got to the jeep and pulled myself up onto the hood, waiting for them. When they got here, Scott lifted me up and carried me to the doors, Stiles got in and we got in.
We got to this very creepy abandoned house, I looked at them,
Stiles said" That's not creepy at all." Stiles held out a flash light, I looked at them, Scott lifted me up onto his hip and we walked in.

We slowly walked in and looked around, Scott said" You want to split up?"
Stiles said" Uh, absolutely not." We walked upstairs,
" Maybe Alex got the address wrong."
" Or he lied."
" Why would he lie?" We walked down the hall till we got to a closed door, I looked at them, Scott put me down. Stiles opened the door and it was a fully furnished room,
" He didn't lie."
" Why didn't the cops say anything about this?"
" They don't know it's here. They can't come here without a warrant, and there's no owner of record to serve a warrant to. So unless there's some kind of threat or imminent danger, they wouldn't come in." I heard something downstairs," What?"
" I think I heard something." We walked out of the room and downstairs. We walked to the dining room and then the plates and glasses were there one second and gone the next. We heard more movement, we turned a corner and there was Mason and Liam.
Liam said" What, what are you doing here?"
" This is Alex's house. What are you doing here?"
" This is where the compass led us."
" What compass?" Mason held out the compass, it was moving a lot," Why is it doing that?"
Mason said" I have no idea."
Liam said" They're all doing it." As he pulled out his phone's compass, oh, this isn't good. Then it shattered, and something heavy moved upstairs, I looked at the stairs. Stiles was still up there, we ran upstair, and saw Stiles, he's freaked out.
Scott said" What? What happened?"
Stiles said" He was here. He shot at me. It was one of the guys you saw in Alex's memory."
Mason said" The guy who took his parents?"
" No, no, no. They weren't just taken. They were, they were made to disappear. That's why there's no furniture, that's why they weren't in any of the photos. They were erased." We opened the door again and the room was completely empty.

Scott and I were walking from the field, Stiles said" Scott? Scott." We stopped,
Scott said" Hey."
" Hey. It's called the Wild Hunt. It's a myth. Only, apparently it's real. Like every other myth in this town that should just really remain a nightmare."
" The guy on the horse?"
" Yeah, they call them Ghost Riders. Hang on a second. Hey. That's my jersey. Where'd you get that?"
A guy said" Coach gave it to me at practice."
" We had practice? Why doesn't anyone tell me anything?"
I said" Why would the Ghost Riders want to take Alex's parents?"
" Because that's what they do. They take people, okay? They run around collecting souls. And once they take you, you're gone."
Scott said" But it's not just you, It's everything about you."
" Yeah, like how they took Alex's room."
" Does that mean Alex is next?" Oh-no... oh no, this is very bad, very bad... what are we gonna do if the ghost riders takes one of us? What if they take me! Scott'll forget everything about me. What if they take Scott or Stiles, I'll forget all about them and I won't be able to save them! We ran to the jeep, heading straight for the station.
Once we got there, Stiles and Scott left me in the jeep, while they went to go get Alex. They ran back out, and got in, Stiles started driving fast, I looked at them.
I said" What's going on?"
Stiles said" They took him. Liam and Hayden are next." My eyes glowed, then I looked at Scott, Stiles rubbed my hair then nodded to me, I nodded back and calmed down.
Scott said" We're gonna be okay, Maya, I promise." I nodded my head, inhaling Stiles' familiar scent then Scott's.

We ran into the school,
Scott said" I'll check the Quad. Let me know if you find them. And see if your dad knows anything?"
Stiles said" Yeah, okay. Hey, Scott, wait. Um, I, I just, uh... I wanted to say, um..."
" Tell me later."
" Yeah, alright."
I felt looming, like disaster was about to strike, I stopped moving, Scott stopped too. Then his phone rang, I listened in,
A voice, he seemed so familiar, it was... it was Stiles, how could I forget Stiles, he said" Scott?"
Scott said" Hey."
" Scott, where are you? Where are you right now?"
" Who is this?" I gasped then looked around, Riders of the Storm... they take people... they take people who see them... Stiles... he saw one of them... no! No! I growled then shifted before running off, following the tiny hint of Stiles' scent.
I pushed open a door and saw Stiles and Lydia, I growled and ran to them,
Stiles said" No, no. Pup, go back inside, now!" I whimpered then hugged him, tightly, I nuzzled into his stomach. Then ran inside, I scooted down the door and closed my eyes, I need to remember this moment! I need to remember this moment exactly, his scent, his voice, his touch, I need to remember Stiles even if no one believes me! I dug through my pocket and found Stiles' pencil, I tied my shoelace around it and clawed an S into it. Remember, Maya, don't forget Stiles, don't forget your favorite human!

Scott and I walked up to Malia and Lydia,
Lydia said" I have this feeling that I was supposed to do something."
Scott said" Do what?"
" I can't remember." I looked at her, then my eyes flickered,

Remember...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 101 28
A new school year at Beacon Hills equals new enemy which is an alpha pack kidnapping werewolves, killings, two new students, Scott becoming the true...
6.2K 145 39
Stiles and his friends finish their Senior year at Beacon Hills Highschool. They all drew closer to each other as more than a team but also a family...
25.1K 314 48
The beast is gone, Diana is at peace, and the Dread Doctors are dead. Everything was finally returning to normal in Beacon Hills. Now, Scott only h...
64.8K 1.3K 59
All Haley wanted was a normal life but being the daughter of two very powerful alphas and her boyfriend being a werewolf hunter complicated things. A...