Love Bugs [Nemi AU]

By JennaBubbles

I didn't think much of her at first. She was plain, dyed hair, nothing out of the ordinary. But her smile, he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Sorry
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 30 *Final*

891 30 19
By JennaBubbles

*Third Person POV*

“Well what is it?” asked Demi. Nick stood in front of her, trying to speak. All that came out of his mouth was incomprehendable noises.

“Demi! Are you packed yet?” Demi’s mother yelled from inside the house.

“Not yet!” she shouted back, turning away from Nick.

“Wait, packed? Where are you going now?” asked Nick, slightly stuttering. Demi turned around and found that she no longer could speak either. She closes the front door gently and sighs heavily. She cleans off some dry snow and sits down on the clean step of the porch. Nick sits down with her, both looking across the road.

“I’m going back to Texas for the rest of the winter break.” She says softly.

“Oh. Well that isn’t too bad, it’s just another month left before school starts again.” Sighs Nick in relief.

“T-that’s the thing. I don’t know if I’m coming back.” Nick turns to her in shock. Tears begun to swell up in her eyes as she covers her face with her hands. He slumps his shoulders in disappointment and sadness, then pulls her close to her to comfort her. Demi cry’s harder on Nick’s shoulder as he continues to hold her close and comfort her the only way he knew he could.

After a while of silence, Nick coughs to get Demi’s attention. She had already tired herself and was now leaning on his shoulders.

“How long did you know?” he said softly.

“I just found out today. My father’s company is thinking of moving him back permanently.” She sighs with a shudder.

“Oh.” He says sadly.

“It’s not fair! I finally have a life here, and just like that, I have to tear it all down and start over again.” She grabs some snow from the lower step and throws it angrily. It lands dead center of the empty street, spreading around the black asphalt.

“I’m going to miss you, Demi, I really will.” Nick sighed.

“Me too. I never thought I’d get close to someone again like I have with you.” She said, a bit relaxed as she lays her head on his shoulder. Nick takes a small, sharp breath as she moves closer to him, their bodies pressed against each other. Carefully and a bit scared, Nick moves his arm up and over Demi, and drapes it around her shoulder’s to hold her even closer.

“Nick?” Demi asked softly.

“Hm?” he asks, a bit dazed.

“What where you going to tell me?” she looks up to him with gentle eyes. He stiffens just a bit as he remembers why he had come to visit in the first place.

“I…uh… that isn’t important right now.” He slightly stuttered.

“No, Nick, really, what was it?” she insisted. Nick sighed and held her close.

“It doesn’t matter. It wasn’t all that important.” He said softly. Demi snuggles closer to Nick’s chest.

“Besides, this means we have to spend the most amount of time together before you leave!” he said a bit more cheery.

“Nick, I leave tomorrow.” She sighs.

“So we make the most of today! What do you say?” Nick insists. Demi smiles and hugs him tightly.

“Thank you, for everything.” She says softly to his ear.

~*~

That same night, Nick stayed up until the early hours. Ripped and crumpled pages scattered the floor with frustrated scribbles all over the pages. The only ones that was not destroyed were a pile of neatly stacked papers on the side of him. The lack of sleep did not tire him, nor unfocused him from his task. After being satisfied with one page of writing, he’d tore it out of the notebook neatly, and lay it on top of the pile.

He had an idea. One to make up the chance he had missed by being there for her, over for himself.

By the time the sun started to shine through his window, he had completed 10 pages of writing and tiny drawings. He put them in order as how he wrote it the folded it neatly in thirds. Nick carefully walks through his home to the home office and selected an envelope large enough to carry all the pages without ripping. He grabs the nearest marker to him and with a sloppy movement wrote:

To Demi. Read Me.

He looks down and smiles to his creation. But is soon fades when he faintly hears car door slams. He runs to a window to see that the Lovato’s were piling into their car.

“Oh no. No. No. No. No!” He runs to the front of his home and put on his shoes as quickly as he could. But by the time he got out, they drove off.

“Oh, god.” He grumble to himself and runs back inside.

“Whoa, what’s the fire?” laughs Joe. He stood in the kitchen, eating a morning pastry.

“Joe, you have one chance to redeem yourself to me, Demi, and possibly your Karma if you just drive me somewhere quick!” huffed Nick in desperation. Joe’s smile drops as he looks at Nick with confusion.

“Just please, this once. Help. Me.” Begs Nick. Without changing his expression, Joe grabs his keys and they were both out the door.

“Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me.” Said Nick as they raced to the car.

“Don’t get all sappy with me, kid.” Said Joe as they both jump into their seats and sped off to follow the Lovato’s car.

After a lot of explanation, Joe drove so much over the speed limit that they could have either been pulled over, or slipped off the road. Thankfully, neither of the two happened. Joe was no longer jealous of his little brother. Or angry. Or spiteful. For once, he was happy for him.

Out of all the method of travel Demi had tired, she had never rode in a train before. Not once. So she convinced her mother to allow her and Maddie to try to arrive by train to Texas.

“Ok, Demitra, you be good, and take care of your sister! Your father and I will meet you over at Houston station.”

“Ok mom, I will. I love you.” She said with a sad smile.

“We love you too.” said her father.

“Bye mommy! Daddy!” said Maddie with her sweet voice as their mother gave them one last kiss before the drove off.

“Alright Maddie, let’s go catch a train.” Sighed Demi.

“Literally??” she asked surprised. Demi just chuckles, takes hold of her hand, and leads her inside.

Nick and Joe were able to catch glimpse of Demi and Maddie before they would have continued on to follow the car. The park almost carelessly and runs inside the building after her.

“Train 108, Huston Texas, leaves in 10 Minutes.” Announced someone over the speakers.

“Aw shit.” Cursed Nick as they both dash across the busy center of the station to reach the boarding point.

“Hold it!” A police man stops them from running any further and blocks their path and Nick’s view of Demi walking into the sea of people.

“Don’t you boys know there is no running here? Every time you runts do this, someone gets hurt! Don’t you know the liability the station gets every time someone fractures something every time they fall over because someone couldn’t read a dam sign?” Joe begins to argue with the man, while Nick slips away as they are both distracted. He runs to the platform of where the train is supposed to be but he see Demi nowhere.

“Demi!” he yells desperately into the crowd.

Demi, on the other hand, believes that she must be going insane.

“Maddie, did you hear someone call my name?”

“Your weird, you know that?” Maddie steps onto the train while Demi follows. Nick runs by but doesn’t see her walk in. But in a flash, he recognizes her through a passenger window. He runs back and with full force onto her window. The girls both scream to the loud noise, attracting everyone else around their booth.

“Nick?!” Demi shouts as she opens the window to her booth.

“Nick are you crazy?” she shouts.

“I-I needed to give you this.” Nick shoves the large letter to her, his face a crimson red.

“Oh, uh thank you.” She says. The caboose horn fills the air as the train starts to move.

“Oh, Nick, I’m going to miss you!” says Demi. Nick paces alongside the train as it pulls out of the station.

“I’ll miss you too!” he shouts back. He is in full run now as the train moves faster.

“Bye Nick!” she shouts as it speeds off.

“Bye Demi.” He says to himself. He waits for a while, then turns back and slowly walks back.

Demi settles back in her set as Maddie stares at the letters.

“Are you going to read them now?” she asks.

“Maybe later.” She puts the letters gently in her lap.

Demi does read the letters, once Maddie had fallen asleep. And once she finishes, the pages are tear-soaked, and the train had already arrived in Houston. But what she loved most, out of the ten pages of memories, emotions, and drawings, was the last line of the last page.

…I am in love with you, with all my heart. Always know this, Demi, I’ve caught a Love Bug for you. One day, I hope I get to know, if you did for me too.

                                                                Always and forever,

                                                                                Nick. 

The End

____________________________________________________

Thank you all for reading Love Bugs! I hope you like the little mix ending, alot easier than changing POV every 5 lines.

Thank you for all your comments, they actually help me keep going because *Truth Time* i had a sever writers block and nothing, i mean NOTHING could cure it. Nothing but your guy's sweet comments and support.

Thank you all!

Comment and Vote Lovelies!
~Jen :*

P.S-

Don't worry, this isn't the end of Nick's and Demi's storry ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 673 37
Alena never asked to be bullied, she never asked to be miserable, and she never asked for her life to suck, but will she get pushed too far? will she...
196K 4.6K 40
Demi Lovato is enjoying her amazing life with her boyfriend and an incredible career. She attends a wedding, not expecting that a seed would be plant...
100K 2.9K 33
Demi Lovato's dreams have turned into real life, but is Nick Jonas living his dream? Was he ready for a family at the age of 23? Will his career be o...
70 1 11
When the Jonas Brothers randomly show up at my dostorep early one morning, my whole world gets flipped upside down. As new friendships and romances b...