The volume of the heart

By JadeInkwell

Yamada is jealous of Aizawa's father-son relationship with Hitoshi, and goes to find out a bit more about the... More

Crossed Fates
Home sweet Home
Baby Yamada
Teething issues
Obaasan and Ojiisan
Papa's little Listener
The negative breakdown
Having a break
Playdate rescue
Izu and Shiyu
Fuck
First steps
Mom? Dad?
Big brother-cousin
First day at Day-care
Fast friends
Quirk Manifestation - Rampage
Quirk Manifestation - Fox Friends
Quirk Manifestation - Blossoms and one of the 20%
Bunny
Fuwafuwa the kitten, and a special surprise
Family together
Growing up
Mom and Dad
Kugo Naohiro - The Class Bully.
Big Brothers
Yamada Asako
Quirk counseling
Family time
Shiyu's ideas
Babysitting, Pro hero style
The first hero item
All Might's secret
learning languages
Targetted
The Empath effect
On the look out
A surprising rescue
Still together
The void
A final warning
Surprise
House remodeling and what friends are for.
Emiru and Satomi
A falling out with friends
Plagued by the truth
For the honor of a friend
Resolve by the public
Shiyu's entrance exam

Forever friends

4.8K 221 78
By JadeInkwell

It was another 2 days before Hizashi and Kyoumi let the boys go back. Izu and Shiyu stood at the day-care gates holding hands, looking worried.

"It will be okay." Hizashi knelt to their height, the boys turned to their dad. He put a hand on their shoulders. "You two will have to look out for each other, okay? Like how I have to take care of Uncle Aizawa at Yuuei." Izu and Shiyu giggled at that. "Now you enjoy your day okay? It seems like you little group of friends are waiting." Hizashi noticed their friends watching from nearby. Shiyu glanced over at them, they smiled and waved happily.

"They don't care either Yu-kun, they like you still." Izu told him, Shiyu smiled at them.

"Bye mom, dad." The boys hugged their parents before going over to their group.

"We were so worried about you!" Ose immediately burst out.

"Ose-chan beat up Kugo-kun, so he probably won't be in for a few days." Noguichi said

"He deserved it, he was mean about Shiyu!" Ose pouted.

"We're okay. We got cat too!" Shiyu smiled, the group gasped, and the conversation turned to Fuwafuwa. Kyoumi sighed and leaned against Hizashi.

"It's good to know they have some good friends." She smiled. Hizashi nodded in agreement.

"Well, I better head off, see you later." Hizashi kissed her forehead, and they parted to go to their jobs.

~~~~~~

"Fuwafuwa is so cute, he sat on my shoulders!" Izu smiled brightly.

"He likes being petted, and purrs really loudly!" Shiyu added.

"So cute!" Mori gushed.

"And look!" Izu held up his notebook where All Might had sighed it.

"You met All Might?" Their friend gasped.

"He was talking to Uncle Nezu, and he gave me his autograph!" Izu beamed.

"Izu fell asleep on him." Shiyu smiled, Izu blushed.

"Aw, he is really nice, isn't he? Wow, I would love to meet him." Isa said, his tail wagging.

"Do you think we'll meet him again?" Shiyu looked at Izu, who nodded.

"I think we will." Izu said surely.

"That would be amazing, oho! I remember, we should pick nicknames! Like hero names, but ones we can use now!" Ose grinned.

"Izu names people with objects and words by using their feelings." Shiyu pointed out, he looked at his brother. "Want to pick nicknames for us Zu?"

"Um... if everyone is okay with that." Izu said

"We're okay with it!" They quickly said, they were all wanting to know how Izu felt about them.

"Your Yu." Izu tapped Shiyu with a smile.

"Only if your Zu." Shiyu told him, Izu nodded in agreement. Izu then looked at Noguichi.

"Harmony, because your so peaceful and keep peace between people." Izu smiled, Noguichi happily accepted it. Izu looked at Ose, she was practically jumping up and down in excitement, but he could feel that she was also afraid of what her name would be. "Shelter." He decided.

"Shelter?" She repeated.

"Yes, you may act out violently, but you act out to protect others, or yourself. You feel like a safe shelter, I know we can count on you Ose-chan." Izu beamed brightly, Ose looked at him. Tears sprung to her eyes, she sniffed and nodded.

"Thank you, Zu-kun." She said.

"Me next!" Isa giggled

"Cuddles!" Izu immediately replied, as if to empathise, he cuddled into Isa, who hugged him back. "You feel like warm hugs. And Rai-kun, your Mind. You are clever, and you always think things through!" Rai smiled and nodded happily, Isa was still clinging to Izu, his ears twitching and tail wagging.

"Just me left." Ishiwata said, Izu looked over at him and thought about it. Before smiling.

"Geode." He smiled. "I learnt it from Uncle Maijima. They don't look like much, but inside they are beautiful."

"You think I'm beautiful on the inside?" Ishiwata asked.

"Very." Izu nodded. "Is that okay for everyone?" He asked, they all nodded

"Shelter!" Ose smiled proudly. And giggled. "It makes me happier that I punched Kugo!"

"You got told off by Abe-sensei." Ishiwata frowned. Izu looked over at their teacher, with a small frowned. She noticed him looking, she sat up and waved at him with a smile. Izu's frowned deepened and he looked away. Why did he feel this? He stopped and decided to concentrate on the small groups around the class, picking out their emotions.

His friendship group – Joy, calmness, kindness, love, Trust. They were good, he could feel that.

Joy and trust was the two common feelings everyone felt, but there was something else. The void was gone within Shiyu, he was glad, but why... He glanced nervously at Mrs. Abe. She cared about everyone, but there was something else mostly everyone had in common, and if scared him. Their common disregard for Shiyu, Izu knew it was because he was quirkless, but why did they feel that way? He didn't understand. His lower lip trembled, but he bit his lip. No, he promised he was going to look out for Shiyu, He turned to his friends, taking in their emotions, it was better for him.

"You okay Zu-kun, you look like you about to cry?" Ose asked, Izu smiled.

"I'm fine, what were you talking about?" He asked, causing them all to laugh.

"You dazed out Zu-kun. We're going to play heroes, for not listening, you can be the person who needs help!" Rai grinned. Izu smiled

"Okay!" He nodded. He could just ask his dad later.

~~~~~~

Izu had thought later as when he got home, not around 2 in the morning after sitting on his bed thinking about it. He now had a headache and his chest ached painfully, unshed tears in the corner of his eyes. He peeked into his dad's room to see him asleep, he frowned, he didn't really want to wake him up of this. Izu fought with himself for a moment, before deciding he could just get into his dad's bed and speak to him before day-care in the morning. Izu had thought it was a great idea, though, had not really counted on not being able to climb on to his dad's bed. He held on tightly to the sheets and tried to pull himself, not realising he was holding his breath.

"Breathe Izu..." Hizashi said tiredly, an arm wrapped around Izu and lifted him up. Izu cuddled into his dad as Hizashi held him close, still in a sleep daze. But, the sleep daze was soon gone when he noticed the tears, and the tiredness in his son's eyes. He sat up, put on the light and slip on his glasses, making sure that Izu was held close during that time. Izu clutched to his night shirt tightly. "What' wrong Izu? Bad dreams?" Izu shook his head. Now would be the prefect time, but he couldn't say it, the tightness still in his chest. "Izu, remember to breath..." Hizashi told, Izu took in a shaky breath, but instead of breathing out to calm himself, Izu burst into tears. Hizashi held him close, running his hand throw his hair as Izu let it all out. Hizashi understood how Izu was feeling. There several times when Izu cried now over feelings. Frustration as common when he was trying to work something out but couldn't, generally sadness. And fear. Hizashi looked down at Izu as his crying subsided and he hiccupped. Hizashi grabbed a tissue and wiped Izu's cheeks, the boy looked up at his day tiredly. "Now, you okay to talk about what's bothering you?"

"I don't understand." Was his first reply, but Hizashi caught on to the meaning pretty quickly.

"You don't understand why people are mean to Shiyu?" He asked, Izu nodded, burying his face into his dad's shirt.

"Our friends still care, but no one else does... I don't understand..." Izu uttered.

"Well, once upon a time, no one had a quirk." Hizashi said softly, Izu glanced up at him. "Then a baby boy in china was born with the ability to redirect light, he was known as the shining baby. After that, more people were born with quirks. Now day's it is rare that someone is born without a quirk. 20% is a lot, but you don't see many people who are quirkless."

"Is being Quirkless a bad thing?" Izu asked

"No, not at all. It just means he is different, then again, everyone is different." Hizashi smiled, he hugged Izu close. "Just because he doesn't have a quirk, doesn't mean he is any different to the rest of us, okay. And you remember that. I am guessing that is how people felt yesterday?"

"Even Abe-sensei... yesterday?" Izu frowned.

"It's 2 in the morning." Hizashi smiled, Izu covered his mouth, tears sprung to his eyes.

"Sorry..." He gasped.

"It's okay Izu, remember I'm your dad, I am here to talk to you whenever, even 2 in the morning. Now, talking about emotions is hungry work, how about we get a quick snack before getting more sleep?"

"Uncle Aizawa said it is bad to snack at night." Izu muttered.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." Hizashi grinned. He said that, but once he and Izu were sharing a plate of pancakes, Aizawa ended up calling him as if he had a 6th sense. Izu was giggling as Aizawa practically told Hizashi off for being a bad influence. Of course, Hizashi brought up the dictionary he seemed to be teaching Izu, and how he was sure Izu could talk in a way that could a sailor to blush. Though, when morning finally arrived, Hizashi and Izu were under the covers. After that night of dealing with built up emotions, neither were going to get up in a hurry. Luckily Aizawa knew this and was able to warn Kyoumi and Nezu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 1.1K 15
Izuku Midoriya has had a tough childhood. His mother abuses him, his father left when he was a baby, his childhood best friend bullies him every day...
891 27 12
Shinsou's mom got tired of his behavior in school even though the teacher lied about what he did. His mother always believed the school because of th...
5.6K 176 14
Hisashi Midoriya didn't mind caring for his son. It was simple, work a couple jobs, listen and hear him out, and show him pathways in life. But that...
588K 22.4K 56
After being diagnosed quirkless, Izuku's father didn't take it too well. The stress grew too much for Inko. But one day, he just left. Izuku is scram...