he's real || zarry au {COMPLE...

By xGetTheShovelZarryx

"no, I'm not a ghost" "then what are you?" "I'm Harry" Zayn struggles to keep himself sane when a boy keeps a... More

he's real || zarry au
one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten (final chapter)
Explaination/SEQUEL?!

two

5.3K 313 123
By xGetTheShovelZarryx

~

        Zayn stood by his locker waiting for Niall to say his goodbye's to his girlfriend, Natalie.

        Niall smiled at the girl trapped in his arms lovingly.

        Zayn didn't want to feel the evil emotion that is envy, but he couldn't help it. He had always wanted someone to love and kiss just to hold. Rather they be boy or girl, he wanted someone who would cuddle him through the night and he would wake up to see them in morning showering them with kisses. He wanted someone who would comfort him and not call him a wuss if he cried. He wanted someone who would surprise him with flowers and poems. He wanted someone who he could tease and joke about with. He wanted someone to argue with. He wanted someone to apologize to with an extraordinary night of love making. He just wanted someone to love him.

        "Niall, we're going to miss the bus," Zayn said with his mood dropping into sad, shallow waters.

        Niall looked up at him, "Oh, sorry mate." He turned back to his girl placing a single kiss on her lips, "I love you."

        Natalie grinned back, "I love you more."

        Zayn looked at the floor feeling like he was ruining the moment by staring.

        When Niall finally said goodbye they left for the buses.

        "You okay?" Niall asked seeing his best friend look like a sad puppy. It was rare for Niall to witness Zayn in a sad mood. Usually his mood swings only rank for extremely happy or extremely irritated.

        "Yeah," Zayn answered looking out the bus window.

        "Okay," he murmured back placing his hand on Zayn's thigh giving it a gentle squeeze, "you know I'm always here for you, right?"

        Zayn looked at him with a small smile, "I know."

***

        "So, squirt, how was school?" Zayn asked his little sister after they had shed their backpacks and shoes. They were situated on the couch bath sharing a bag of potato chips. It was something Zayn used to do with Doniya when she was younger, but she grew out of it once she hit puberty.

        "Great! Ms. Angalea let us make smowfakes!" She beamed taking her eyes off the TV that was playing Spongebob Squarepants.

        "Snowflakes?" Zayn smiled at her.

        "Yeah! We got paper and folded it into a wittle triangle and used scisores to cut them into smowfakes!" She enthused.

        "Safety scissors, right?" Zayn asked with a hint teasing in his tone.

        "Since when would they give six year olds regular scissors?" Doniya said walking out of the kitchen with a glass of water.

        "They gave you regular scissors when you were seven, and that's a story to remember," he reminded her.

        She pointed a finger at him, "You promised to never speak of that again."

        He chuckled, "Oops."

        All three kids sat on the couch watching TV (except Doniya who was playing on her phone) until their mother arrived.

        "Hey, kids," Tricia smiled hanging up her keys and shedding her bag.

        "Hey, Ma," they chorused.

        "Since you're all lazing around all homework is done I presume?" She asked.

        "Didn't have any," Doniya said not looking up from her phone.

        "Me eiver," Safaa agreed.

        "I actually have a new project Ms. Eva assigned me," Zayn answered.

        "Already? Well, I need to fix supper, so come help me. You can tell me about what she thought of the painting and this new assignment."

        He got up from the couch and followed her into the kitchen. She set a knife and basket of potatoes in front of him, "Peal these, dear."

        "What are we feeding? An army?" Zayn asked referring to the amount of potatoes laid out.

        "No, you guys are having leftovers for the next two nights. Now, what did she think of the painting?" Tricia said getting out a pot filling it with water.

        "A+," he said without excitement.

        "You don't sound happy?" She put the pot on the stove setting it to boil.

        "She said that my paintings were amazing..." he trailed off.

        "But?"

        "She said that they weren't passionate or came from my heart? I don't even bloody know what that means!" he sighed angrily.        

        "I understand it. You paint and draw what's laid out in front of you, not what's inside you."

        "That sounds kinda gross," he scrunched his nose.

        "Emotionally not physically," she corrected.

        "I'm gonna fail this project, so why even do it?" he dropped his head.

        "I have faith in you, when's it due?"

        "She didn't say," he said thinking back.

        "Then it's no rush and she probably wants you to take your time."

        "Going to give me any wise, motherly advice?"

        She smiled putting a hand on her son's shoulder, "Next time you want to draw or paint clear your head and not think, just let your hand do it on its own."

***

        The next day, after school, Zayn went to Niall's house to hang out. He had been their for a few hours and the were now kicking around a football.

        "Mr. Fred was a total douche bag today," Niall said kicking the ball.

        Zayn stopped the ball kicking it back, "What'd he do?"

        "I got Saturday detention tomorrow because I was accused of cheating!" He said angrily stopping the ball.

        "Were you cheating?" Zayn asked.

        Niall picked up the ball stuffing it under his left arm, "That's besides the point."

        "Hey, ball hog!" Zayn said crossing his arms.

        "My name is on it, so I can hog it all I want," Niall shot back playfully.

        "Just kick it," Zayn rolled his eyes.

        Niall dropped the ball kicking it to Zayn.

        He stopped it. He looked down ready to kick it pulling his leg back. Looking back up so he could aim he was caught off guard seeing a boy beside Niall. Out of shock he missed the ball completely causing him to fall back on his bum.

        Niall laughed hard at Zayn's failure, "You-okay-mate?" he asked through pants of laughter.

        "Y-Yeah," he replied. That boy looked like the one...l-like the one-

        Like the one he saw outside school.

        He sat up expecting to see him still standing there, but he had vanished.

        His mind was seriously messing with him.

        "Are you sure you're okay?" Niall asked his laughter dying down.

        "Yeah,  I'm sure. Hey, what time is it?" he asked rubbing his head.

        Niall got his phone out of his pocket, "It's six o'clock."

        So his excuse would work for the time, "I've gotta go help my mom with supper."

        "Okay," Nial said, finally, walking over to Zayn to help him up. "Bye," he said giving Zayn a hug and a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

        "Niall!" Zayn said grossed out wiping his palm on his cheek, "The last thing I need is your slobber."

       Niall laughed, "Awe, I thought you liked my wet kisses."

        "Far from it, you dick head," Zayn said walking towards the pavement.

        "Love you!" Niall called.

        ""Yeah, yeah, love you, too," Zayn chuckled back.

        He walked home thinking about what he saw. Who was that boy?

        Zayn had the thought in memory, but he couldn't make out his features clearly.

        When he arrived home Safaa was asleep on the sofa and Doniya was in her room. Tricia always works late on Fridays, so she wasn't home.

        He picked up his sleeping sister who nuzzled her nose in his neck as he carried her to her room.

        He laid her in her bed and she snuggled into the sheets. He smiled at her placing a sweet kiss against her cheek.

        He slowly shut her door and told Doniya to tell Tricia he went "out" when she got home. Tricia would know where he went.

        He went outside and through the woods to his spot. He climbed up the tree and smiled to himself happy that he was back to the place where he could draw in peace.

        He found his special notepad he left up here and grabbed it.

        He sat down thinking about what Ms. Eva had said. He needed to draw something from his heart and not his memory. How the hell was he suppose to do that?

        He closed his eyes taking in a deep breath and clearing his mind.

        He started to draw, but he didn't know what he was drawing.

        He soon noticed a face shape and then eyes and before he knew it he was finished.

        He stared at the paper and his mouth went dry.

        He was trying to draw something from his heart.

        So, why was the curly haired boy he keeps seeing on his drawing pad?

~

Bumbudadum! Chapter two! So, liking it so far? Too cheesy? Too dull? Opinions!

(BTW I'm not really the person to write super long chapters sorry!)

Vote

Comment

Fan

-Tori xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483K 21.2K 36
❝you know how they say, what was it? don't judge a book by its cover? well lad, this is a prime example.❞ zayn was your typical bad boy. leather jack...
247K 6.9K 28
"Please just let me stay here. I have nowhere to go." I beg him standing at his doorstep. "Why would I?" He snaps. I feel so small,so lonely and cold...
242K 6.5K 44
[Book 1 Completed] Every child has an imaginary friend, but for her imaginary friend was real. A living, breathing, psycho who's constantly battling...
761K 6.7K 27
[Completed] A collection of Harry Styles Imagines. © meethevamps//DG 4/22/14 - Short Story #359 7/05/15 - Short Story #173