Legend of Gyawa: Book Two - E...

By MGCJoan

The second book of Legend of Gyawa. A sixteen year old girl sucked in Avatar: Last Airbender. Only she is the... More

Chapter One: The Avatar State
Chapter Two: The Cave of Two Lovers
Chapter Three: Return To Omashu
Chapter Four: The Blind Bandit
Chapter Five: The Chase
Chapter Six: Bitter Work
Chapter Seven: The Desert
Chapter Eight: Journey to Ba Sing Se
Chapter Nine: City Walls and Secrets
Chapter Eleven: The Guru
Chapter Twelve: The Crossroads of Destiny
V1: The Cave of Two Lovers
Book Three: Fire is out!
Other Books
Sokka X Gyawa Book Two

Chapter Ten: The Earth King

3K 141 12
By MGCJoan

"What were you thinking?!" Aang yelled at me as I sat in the corner. They had been pounding me since we got back from the palace.

The other day I stormed out and roamed the streets. As I walked at night in Ba Sing Se I looked in between buildings to see a boy in green, with dark brown hair, and a scar on his lift side face. Yeah that's right I saw Zuko and that sweet Earth Kingdom girl.

I didn't do anything, I just watched. Is that creepy?

He still ran away like before, but the different things he said rang in my head. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm sorry. It's complicated, I don't know what I'm doing?" He almost asked this to himself before he ran off. It rang in my ears because he might have been talking about me, what if I actually could change his mind at the crossroads?

"Gyawa, Long Feng is dangerous his conspiracy with the Dai Li is powerful. I think we should just keep flying and leave this horrible place behind us." Katara yelled, making me huff and look the other way.

"I'm with sweetness. I've seen enough of Ba Sing Se, and I can't even see!" Toph explained as she slapped herself on the floor.

"No we need to stay and get troops for the invasion!" I yelled back, as I stood up.

"As much as I'd hate to side with the Dai Li, Gyawas' right. We need troops and this might be the only way. It's the whole reason we came here in the first place we have to try." Sokka said, putting a hand on my shoulder with a unsure expression.

"I don't trust the new Gyawa. Long Feng brainwashed you didn't he?!" Toph pointed as she came up with the solution to our problems.

                                   ~*~

That afternoon Long Feng met me at the gates of the palace. "The Earth King can see the Avatar only." He said, with a bow as we approached.

"We're going in with her!" Katara hissed, I turned around and shook my head her.

The last thing we need was a fight.

"You do realize I can do a coup without you?" Long Feng asked, as we walked down the long hallway.

"But with the avatar at your side it will look justified. Any other means could start... oh maybe a civil war." I suggested in a whisper.

He only glanced at me before the huge doors opened.

"And what will happen to the king?" I asked, walking in the palace.

"He might find himself in a cold grey room in a few days, but other than that he'll be untouched." He replied, before we stood in front of more huge fancy doors. They opened to reveal the Earth King.

Long Feng walked to his side while I bowed.

"Avatar it is my great honor to welcome you to Ba Sing Se. What brings you here?" He asked, as his bear popped it's head up at me.

I saw the hidden fear in Long Feng's eyes when I was about to speak. "I am just passing through your highness." I replied with a smile.

"Oh. Well in that case would you stay, the Earth Kingdom would be honored to throw you a feast?" He asked, with a little boy's innocence.

I smiled and bowed. "It would be my honor."

                                   ~*~

After that the king sent me to get ready while Long Feng took me in his office. "So when do we strike?"

"In three days, it will be the perfect time for us to prepare. It must be quick and effective. You may not even need to involve yourself physically." Long Feng replied, with a grin as he stood behind his desk.

"You better not double cross me." I growled, looking at the green fire.

"I assure you I have no intention of betraying the avatar." I looked back to see a clearly acting Long Feng.

"If you do you will be destroyed." I threaten as I now looked him in the eyes. But neither one of us showed any emotion. I knew I was dealing with the devil but he wasn't exactly the Devil. He was rather an easy to tame demon.

"How?" He slowly asked.

"For one; I could tell the Earth King what really goes on." I stated, as I sat in a chair across his desk.

"You have no evidence." He scoffed.

"I can show him the wall. And I'm betting there are some files in that desk that would be hurtful to his eyes." I smirked before he narrowed his eyes but said nothing.

                                   ~*~

Later Long Feng let the Gaang in for the royal feast set just for us. No nobles.

"So Gyawa. Can I call you Gyawa?" The king asked, as he sat at the head of the table.

"Of course your majesty." I quickly replied.

"Oh please just call me Kuei." He stated with a huge smile.

"Umm okay."

"What's wrong with them?" Kuei questioned, pointing to Katara and Aang looking at me like I just sold my soul, and Toph with her arms folded as she puffed. And of course Sokka eating Iike crazy.

"Oh uh they don't think we should be here." I quickly replied.

"Really why?"

"They want to keep moving. There is a man by the name Zuko, a handsome devil with broad sword skills. He and I have had a very delicate past. But now his on my tail. But I surrender them that there is no way he can get in these walls." I explained with a grin.

"Indeed. All are safe here in Ba Sing Se. But this hunter does sound like quite the thriller. Tell me more." He leaned over with an curious smile.

"Oh well where do I begin." Began to make Zuko out to be a handsome bad boy who was like in very single movie. Romantic chases and fights, you know only the stuff Hollywood would make. And somehow get away with it.

"That is a very dramatic story." The King stated as he processed my story, Long Feng was rather pleased.

"I wish I could travel the world. See the wonders." He explained, as his mind was thinking of what he could see of the world.

"It is a sight." I replied before Aang yawned.

"Well I think I should get going." I stated looking at Long Feng, it was time for him to give me Appa.

                                   ~*~

The king said goodbye before we left the dinning room. As soon as he couldn't hear I turned to see Long Feng standing behind me.

"I want Appa now." I harshly stated.

"I'm afraid I can't do that." He quickly yet smoothly replied.

"What do you mean you can't do that?!" Aang hissed with his jaw clenched.

"I got all goody too shoes with the king now give me the bison!" I demanded stepping closer with my teeth clenched.

He didn't reply, only stood there. I was about to launch at him when I remembered Zuko could have taken him. "I don't have him." He growled as I was inches from his face.

"You're lying!" Aang yelled as he held out his staff.

"He's not!" Toph said, as she felt the ground. I looked over to Aang who was staring Long Feng down.

"Gyawa, your suppose to take down the Fire Lord! Not the Earth King!" He yelled as he kept his jaw clenched.

"Not now, Aang!" I hissed as I let go of Long Feng's shoulder that I didn't realize I held.

"You clearly have to deal with other matters. I'll take my leave." Long Feng remarked before straightening his clothes and walking away.

  As we slowly walked out in silence I looked up to the sky. Was I even doing the right thing? I really felt like I wasn't.

However I blinked about three times before realizing I was looking at a flying bison in the sky. "Is that?... Is that Appa?!" I pointed at an actual bison, I wasn't imagining this.

"Appa!" Aang yelled with desperation.

Before I knew it Appa was flying towards us. He softly landed in front of us and happily groaned. "Yeah! Appa!" We all cheered.

Once again I found myself crying, he was finally here.

I knew who set him free, that was actually a comfort. The fact he wasn't stone cold like how he tries to appear.

"I missed you more then you'll ever know buddy." Aang whispered as he and I hugged the huge bison.

I still felt tears crawl down my face, it was like I couldn't control my feelings recently. But right now, all that mattered was Appa was back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 1.4K 22
Book II Water, earth, fire, air Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony, then everything changed when the fire nation attacked. Only t...
98.9K 3.2K 18
- "All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you." - Y/n always searched for an escape as little, always feeling captured by the past. - "...
67.7K 2K 16
Fire is the third book of four, Gyawa, a girl sucked in from earth, must now learn fire bending. Even if she knows how to kick it at an opponent. Thr...
83.2K 3.2K 20
alrighty, I am really excited for this one! It is the second in the series and follows Book Two: Earth in Avatar: the Last Airbender. I will give a c...