Chapter Ten: The Earth King

"What were you thinking?!" Aang yelled at me as I sat in the corner. They had been pounding me since we got back from the palace.

The other day I stormed out and roamed the streets. As I walked at night in Ba Sing Se I looked in between buildings to see a boy in green, with dark brown hair, and a scar on his lift side face. Yeah that's right I saw Zuko and that sweet Earth Kingdom girl.

I didn't do anything, I just watched. Is that creepy?

He still ran away like before, but the different things he said rang in my head. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm sorry. It's complicated, I don't know what I'm doing?" He almost asked this to himself before he ran off. It rang in my ears because he might have been talking about me, what if I actually could change his mind at the crossroads?

"Gyawa, Long Feng is dangerous his conspiracy with the Dai Li is powerful. I think we should just keep flying and leave this horrible place behind us." Katara yelled, making me huff and look the other way.

"I'm with sweetness. I've seen enough of Ba Sing Se, and I can't even see!" Toph explained as she slapped herself on the floor.

"No we need to stay and get troops for the invasion!" I yelled back, as I stood up.

"As much as I'd hate to side with the Dai Li, Gyawas' right. We need troops and this might be the only way. It's the whole reason we came here in the first place we have to try." Sokka said, putting a hand on my shoulder with a unsure expression.

"I don't trust the new Gyawa. Long Feng brainwashed you didn't he?!" Toph pointed as she came up with the solution to our problems.

                                   ~*~

That afternoon Long Feng met me at the gates of the palace. "The Earth King can see the Avatar only." He said, with a bow as we approached.

"We're going in with her!" Katara hissed, I turned around and shook my head her.

The last thing we need was a fight.

"You do realize I can do a coup without you?" Long Feng asked, as we walked down the long hallway.

"But with the avatar at your side it will look justified. Any other means could start... oh maybe a civil war." I suggested in a whisper.

He only glanced at me before the huge doors opened.

"And what will happen to the king?" I asked, walking in the palace.

"He might find himself in a cold grey room in a few days, but other than that he'll be untouched." He replied, before we stood in front of more huge fancy doors. They opened to reveal the Earth King.

Long Feng walked to his side while I bowed.

"Avatar it is my great honor to welcome you to Ba Sing Se. What brings you here?" He asked, as his bear popped it's head up at me.

I saw the hidden fear in Long Feng's eyes when I was about to speak. "I am just passing through your highness." I replied with a smile.

"Oh. Well in that case would you stay, the Earth Kingdom would be honored to throw you a feast?" He asked, with a little boy's innocence.

I smiled and bowed. "It would be my honor."

                                   ~*~

After that the king sent me to get ready while Long Feng took me in his office. "So when do we strike?"

"In three days, it will be the perfect time for us to prepare. It must be quick and effective. You may not even need to involve yourself physically." Long Feng replied, with a grin as he stood behind his desk.