AT FIRST GLANCE ー J.RODRIGUEZ

By wvaterlily

❝ They say first lovers never make it to marriage and I'm here to prove otherwise. ❞ © 𝕎𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕪 More

Prologue & more
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

6

1.5K 41 5
By wvaterlily

Chapter 6 - reunion

☆彡★彡

"Kate. Are you even listening to me?" The blonde asked waving her hands slightly, trying to get the brunettes attention. "Ah yes, proceed." Kate smiled warily.

"Okay whats going on? I know that look when you had something going on in your mind so spill. Whats up?" Clarion asked sipping her kale juice. "Nothing. Nothings wrong dear except that kale juice of yours. Looks disgusting." Kate scrunched her nose.

"As a matter of fact. These juices are great for you. And I'm not buying your excuse although. . Elliot told me that he liked you a lot so does it have anything to do with that?" Claire asked raising her eyebrow.

Kate was shocked, "Elliot likes me?"

"Wait you didn't know that? Come on Kate, everyone knows that he's been stealing secret glances at you all the time and I thought it was kinda cute. Turns out you're just plain oblivious to the whole thing." Claire said awkwardly.

"So if its not Elliot then whom? A bump in with an ex I presume?" Claire grinned making the girl blush slightly. "Oh my god. I have histories with bump ins but never with an ex. Come on Allerton, spill."

"Its James okay?" She blurted out.

"As in James Rodriguez?" Claire asked making the girl nod blushing slightly. "You know, I never think of you as the one who likes football players but we can never judge a book from its cover huh."

"I don't. At least he is not one when I used to date him. It was in high school. A crazy long time ago. And I would appreciate you if you would stop asking me to spill more, I hated talking about my past." Kate murmured looking down at her phone.

"But Kate, I don't understand. So does that make you Columbian?" Clarion asked. Kate again rolled her eyes at her friends behavior. She really admired Claire for being curious but at a times like this? Not so great.

"A long time ago, maybe?" Kate shrugged.

"Anywho I don't see whats wrong with bump ins. I mean if I were to bump into my ex, I would punch him in the face or either showing off to let him see what he's been missing." Claire chuckled. "Damn it. I ran out of Kale juice." She pouted.

"Its not the bump ins I'm ticked about. Do you happen to know Olivia Hawthrones?"

"That crazy bitch? How did you know her? We don't speak distasteful names in places like this. She's the devil of Manhattans elite." Clarion grumbled. "That girl tried to ruin my debutante ball once."

"Did you know that she tried to steal my hot celebrity escort to the ball?"

"I've heard a bit from Neymar saying how much you hated her and apparently, I met her last night. She calls me a slut even. I mean I don't understand her beef or if she's on her first day of pms but that girls gotta go." Kate crossed her arm.

"I agree, but taking down the snake is not really an easy things to do. She's like hydra. Those head will be back and two times meaner than before. Oh god, it gives me shivers just talking about her." Claire said.

"I can't believe it Claire, you're scared of someone?"

"Its not the idea of being scared. She won't rest until you finally lost it. Sometimes backing off in a fight doesn't mean you're scared, it means you're avoiding something thats not really worth your while and that bitch is one of the things to avoid." Claire blabbered.

"Ah and that reminds me." She went through her bags and got her an envelope. "Neymar told me his friend left this to give it to you. I figured you should have it. I think it's from that James guy."

Kate nodded, "This is quite a troublesome huh?"

"Indeed it is but it was never the harm to check it out. Open it and see what it says."

Dear Kate,

I know this is kinda cheesy. And I know we don't actually send letters anymore since its the 20th century but since you block me on all of social media and changed your number every once in a while I have decided that this is the best form of way of contacting you. I know our meeting last night was not really the best and I want to say sorry to you in person. Please meet me up at the Allerton hotels dining in three. I know that seeing me is the last thing you wanted to do but if you don't have anything to do at the moment perhaps you could swing by.

Again I'm sorry for being cheesy. But you left me no choice Allerton!

Love, James

James was sweating. Not because of the heat. It was a rather cold night in Columbia. He shifted uncomfortably as he waited for the girl to come and there she was standing beside their table.

"I suppose I should sit here now?"

James stared at her in awe. "James? Quit drooling and be a gentleman please?" Kate asked as he chuckled sat up and pulled her chair for her. "You look lovely, and thank you for being here."

"I stayed up in the penthouse, remember? Even when I didn't take my time to meet you I would technically still be here." She rolled her eyes as she sat down.

"So, is there anything you want to say?"

"Katherine Allerton, I would like to apologize for my distasteful behavior at that party for threatening you and to have brought my so called bitchy girlfriend to make a scene."

"I know you never liked party crashes from articles Vanity Vair wrote about you for being such a perfectionist so I'm sorry." He frowned.

"Apology accepted and well I've been thinking, that was rude of me to leave without saying goodbye and I'm sorry for doing that too. I put myself in your position and I suppose I would have acted the same way, besides bringing my crazy girlfriend of course because who digs girls like that?" She rolled her eyes.

"Apparently my manager and the public." James sighed. "Unless if there was any other socialite to take her place. ." He trailed off looking slightly at the girl.

"Me? You know I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment, and you're not exactly my cup of tea either." The girl smiled rejecting him softly. "But we can be friends like we used to."

"Ah of course." He said brushing his hands across his hair. "I'm just glad we fixed the bond."

To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.4K 443 26
"you know i love you so" in which i provide you with imagines of your favorite football players.
1.7K 10 23
𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 there's things i wanna say to you but i'll just let you live life if you hold me without hurting me you'll be the first who...
58.3K 445 67
𝟐𝟐 𝐒𝐨𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲! 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐭🌶 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐊.
39.2K 438 30
⚜️𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗮 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲⚜️ ⚠️Smut, su*icidal thoughs, r*pe⚠️ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐲/𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬,�...