9

Chapter 9 -  bad breakup

☆彡★彡

"Is something wrong Kate? You haven't touched your macaroons since we got here and I'm getting worried, it's like your favorite dessert." Clarion shrugged snapping the girl out of her thoughts.

"I don't know I– I have been under pressure lately and I wished I never got back here, this is some terrible idea." Kate shook her head. "What do you mean by that? You used to live here?" Claire asked.

Kate bit her lip looking down at her hands and then at her best friend. She worried that telling her the truth was a wrong move after all. "You've been my best friend since I come here, I mean we even go to the same high school together."

"Can you keep a little secret for me?" Kate asked warily. The girl stared in confusion wondering why Kate is acting like this, "This sounds serious, you've been spending a lot of time with James. You're not pregnant are you?" Claire raised her eyebrow.

Kate gulped down nervously chuckling. "Hey Kate why are you chuckling? It's not true right?"

"Well yes and no, I did got pregnant and its James." She confessed causing Claires mouth to drop down. "What the– you're pregnant with a soccer stars baby? Dude, I'm married and I'm holding back on having babies." Claire whisper yelled.

"Kate you can't be so sure, you've only known him for like what? Two weeks now?"

"I used to live here in Columbia. James and I used to date in junior high and freshman year, exactly before my mom remarries and move to Manhattan." She bit her lip.

"We were reckless, stupid, meant to self destroy ourselves. And just like that, I was having his baby." She said starting to tear up. "But you don't have a baby, did you sign the baby up for adoption?" Clarion asked.

Kate began to cry, tears dripping down her face as she sniffles looking down at her palms. "Did you–" Claire cleared her throat. "Get an abortion? I swear to god, I would never judge you. We are not exactly saints, Kate. You can tell me."

"I got into a car accident on my way to the airport. It was raining heavily then, I don't know if the tires just exploded or the driver is either high or some shit but the next thing you know. My head was on the ground."

"Blood dripping from my skull. I also felt a sharp pain on my stomach and thats when I know I had a miscarriage."

"Oh honey." Claire said hugging her, patting her back. Whispering, "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"I was never on planning to abort the baby, I was going to raise her on my own but I always fuck up." Kate sniffled crying onto Claires shoulder. "God has other plans for your baby, maybe god sees that you're not ready to become a mom, you are a teen after all." She bit her lip.

"No you don't understand. Technically I killed someone, my own baby."

"It was an accident, Kate. You have to stop telling yourself that you killed a baby. The accident never meant to happen. You did a great job when you decided to keep the baby, I've always known you had a big heart." Claire said pulling herself from the hug.

"Yeah but things are clearly messing up now, coming back here was a grave mistake. James asked me to get back with him which I absolutely know coming." Kate said burying her face onto her hands.

"So what? Just take him back, you love him do you? Just don't tell him about the baby." Claire shrugged. "I don't know, Claire. It feels like I'm lying to him. And he has a girlfriend. Olivia Hawthrones, remember?"

"Olivias a manipulative little bitch that always gets her way. I'm not going to let her keep him, for all I see he's just using James for clout. And as if she doesn't have enough." Claire rolled her eyes.

"I don't know, I'm the unproblematic queen in Manhattan while you and Olivia are the queen b's, I'm pretty comfortable with my position in the social hierarchy. I'm not starting a feud with Olivia Hawthrones." Kate said stealing glances at her phone.

"Speaking of the devil." She picked it up waving it to Claire. "Olivia dm'd me."

"Jamesyy~" Olivia cooed making her way past James teammates

"Jamesyy~" Olivia cooed making her way past James teammates. "God its her." One of the players groaned. "At least her dad sponsors stuff."

Olivia kept a smile on her ways she made her way to James. "Olivia? I thought you went back to the states." James questioned. "Well I had some interesting thing to do while I was here. I miss scandals and I think you would like this one as well." She grinned.

"Oh no, don't give me that look. You're always up to no good when you have that smile. Whatever you do, I'm not having any of it." James sighed closing his locker then crossing his arm. "What is it now?"

"Just a criminal record of Margaret Allerton." She spoke earning a glare from James. "You know nothing about Margaret, she's a good person. Why are you being like this, Olivia?" James questioned.

"Why are you? You were never this upset when I used to search about Claire Elswoods background, why get upset over Kate Allertons? I already know you guys used to date. Theres nothing to hide." Olivia shrugged.

"How the hell do you know that? Now is not a good time, I have practice and you are starting to cause a scene. Can we please talk about this after?" He put his hand on her shoulder.

"Don't you dare treat me like this. Ever since that whore has flirted with you, you are like a dog chasing a bone." She gritted her teeth.

"Alright thats it! Olivia I'm breaking up with you, and that is not entirely because of Kate. It's you. You always have to make it about yourself huh. I was having second thoughts about abandoning you and you're already scheming behind my back?"

"You're not breaking up with me James." Olivia spoke, "If thats what you want. I'll make sure you'll regret knowing the Hawthrones."

To be continued