8

Chapter 8 - mission split James and Kate 101

☆彡★彡

"Wait, so you're telling me. . Kate was never rich by birth?" Elliot asked. "Yeah, Bryce told me that earlier. "And he also said something about her being named Perez before. It doesn't add up."

"Of course she used to have a different last name. Her mother remarried Howard Allerton for god sakes, clearly she used to be living with someone else's last name." Elliot rolled her eyes.

"We just have to find out who she was before her life in Manhattan." Olivia said. "But, why are we supposed to do that? How are we splitting them up by doing so? And for the record, you still have James as your boyfriend what are you all so worked up about?" He asked.

"I have a feeling we're going to split. And guess because of who?" Olivia sighed. "Look do you want to do this or not? I don't like people who fear commitment."

"I– We're not going to hurt Kate alright and make sure Clarion doesn't know about this, she would kill me if she knew." Elliot muttered. "Know about what?" Clarion asked walking down her stairs with a black clay mask and cucumbers on her eyes making her look like a ghost.

"What the– Elliot and Olivia? What are you two up to?" Clarion asked walking closer to them. "And last time I checked you hated each other, well not only you, all of Manhattan apparently hates you so you dated a foreign footballer."

"Nice to see you too, Claire. I'm just stopping by to see Elliot, he's helping me with a. . Weed emergency, you know I'm starting to develop addiction and I was wondering if he could help me overcome it." Olivia smiled.

Clarion raised her eyebrow suspiciously looking at the twosome while Elliot smiled nervously, "yeah, like she said."

"Ah okay then," Claire shifted to the fridge and took out some orange juice. "Well, I'll be off to bed now. I suppose you two will continue your little discussion, but if you're going to do it please not in the sheets. We just got those changed."

"And not the sofa please, it's kinda gross."

"Wait we're not having an affair or anything. ." Elliot said. "Sure, says the one counseling a girl over her drug problems." Claire said walking back upstairs. "Oh and Claire, don't tell James, it's not what you think it looks like anyway." Olivia

"No promises, Hawthrones." Claire grinned.

"James, what is all this?" Kate giggled as she sat on the park bench beside him

"James, what is all this?" Kate giggled as she sat on the park bench beside him. "Well I figured I should bring you to this place, do you remember?" He trailed off. "Of course, how can I forget? This is the first place we ever shared a–"

"A kiss. Yeah." James said making her blush slightly. "And I figured I should bring pink lemonade with me. You know, like we used to do."

"James, you shouldn't have." Kate awed. "Oh please, all of our neighbors have always knew you had a good taste. And remember when you used to watch me play futbol here?" He asked.

"Yeah, every Saturday for club practice, who knew you actually made it to the big leagues?" She crossed her arm. "That is called, skills milady. And maybe luck." He said softly.

They spend their day enjoying the breeze and pink lemonade like they used to do. And thats when Kate felt a hand on top of her hand. "Kate will it be possible for us to go back like we used to be?"

Kate could feel her heart going pit pat for seconds and when she does she usually got sweaty hands. "I– being with you means exposing my identity to the world, and I certainly don't want that to happen." Kate bit her lip.

"Whats there to lose Kate? No one is even interested in your backstory whatsoever. They could never stopped loving you," James said getting ahold of her hand. "I'll protect you, Kate Allerton. I swear I will."

"I'll even break up with Olivia, if thats what you want. Don't leave me again, please. And judging by the time we spent this week. I know you felt it too. What do you say Kate, will you take me back?"

Kate was dumbfounded. All she does was stared back at his eyes wondering how the hell can she escaped from the situation. "Please Kate, I'll do anything. I'm still in love with you." He pleaded.

"You don't understand James. Actually there are more to the story of why I fled to the states and it's not just because my mom needed a fresh start some place else." She muttered.

"I know you will hate me if I told you this so, some secrets are meant to be buried. Lets just not talk about this anymore and please," She said holding his hand back.

"Even if I wanted to be with you, I can't. It's not your fault James, it's mine."

Fifteen years ago

Fifteen years ago

"I'm pregnant." Katherine Perez cursed at herself trying to keep herself from crying. "No this can't be, my life is ruined." She cried sitting down the bed.

"Honey! James is here to see you~" Margaret exclaimed. Kate quickly hid the test-pack under her pillow and wiped away her tears. "Babe, you were not on my game today is something wrong? Is your stomach okay?" He asked barging inside her room.

"Wait, are you crying?" He frowned, hugging his girlfriend instantly. "Is something wrong, angel?"

"Nothings wrong, I'm just upset because well, I kinda miss my dad." She lied. "You are never good at lying, Kate. Tell me whats going on."

"I'm sorry, I think we should break up."

To be continued