1

Chapter 1 - return of the Allertons

☆彡★彡

"I never really expected us to be back so soon." Katherine said packing her bags. "Well you know that the Elswoods are having a charity event. You know of all people we shall not miss such event." Margaret Allerton said to her daughter.

"Everyone we know is going to be there. Come on, I know you hated Columbia but it was wrong for you to try to cover up our roots. We made it here Kate, dearest." The woman smiled softly.

"You don't understand mom. You have no idea how hard it is to have to lie to my friends about where I came from. We'll be all damned if someone from Columbia appears to know us. The old us." Kate murmured sitting on her suitcase.

"Darlene a little help?" She raised her eyebrow as her loyal maid came and zipped it up for her. "Please tell me we're going to bring Darlene." Kate groaned spraying some Chanel perfume on her hands.

"Of course not, Darlene needs to stay home and watch the house for us isn't that right?" Margaret asked looking at Darlene. "Yes and miss Allerton is paying me handsomely." Darlene replied.

"Do I really need to? I mean I'm okay with attending parties here in Manhattan. You know I love parties. I'm just not a big fan of the place, its just not my cup of tea." Kate said forcing a smile. Margaret sighed massaging her temples.

"Is this because of James?"

Kate paused at the mention of his name. They go all the way back. Before her mother married a billionaire. Before she became the daughter of a socialite and a business man.

"Do not speak of his name. I thought we agreed that we shall not speak about him ever?" She raised her eyebrow. "So is it because of James?" Margaret asked crossing her arms.

"No! Darlene fetch me my louboutins." She ordered dismissing Darlene in a minute. "No it is not mom, I'm sorry for yelling earlier. But we have a flight to catch don't want to miss em and I really can't wait to attend the event." She said forcing another smile.

"I'm going to see Clarion at least. Never wrong with seeing my successful model best friend while I'm still here regretting my life choices." She said looking at Margaret. "Good day to you mother." And with that she walked out her room.

"Darlene, don't forget to feed Cookie for me

"Darlene, don't forget to feed Cookie for me. He likes his food warm. And any temperature below that he might not want to swallow it but mother is sure paying you so handsomely? I thought this would be better than a holiday in Columbia." The girl said handing Cookie the chihuahua to Darlene.

"I suppose." Darlene said warily looking at the tiny cookie brat on her arms. "Some people told me Cookie takes after me. How exciting?"

"I can't wait Miss Allerton. I'm going to miss you." Darlene said giving her mistress bag to the families private pilot. "Kate." A voice called startling her. "Oh, dad its you." She gave him a peck on the cheek. "I hope you're okay with me not coming along." He frowned.

"I just wished I could be there but duty calls."

"Its okay, you have work. I know how hard it is for you to miss a single day of work. Oh wait you can miss a day because you're the CEO but you don't really trust anyone with it hm?" The girl blinked innocently.

Howard Allerton chukled. "I know you're doing that guilt trip talk again and you win okay? Guilty as charged. I'd be writing you a check soon. Make sure to stop by all the shops you need to look absolutely stunning to the ball."

"I can't outshine Claire, of course. It's very rude to outshine the host herself." Kate laughed. "Well technically her parents is the host so you're off the hook." Howard said wiggling his eyebrows. "You really are tempting father but trust me. I'm all mature now. I'm okay with sharing spotlights."

"I'm proud of you. I love you, Kate." Howard said giving his daughter one last hug before she enters the plane.

It was never easy for Kate before. To accept another man in her life who is not her father. But her father used to be abusive and not to mention a pathetic loser. That is why she gave Howard Allerton a chance to prove to her that he actually loves her mom.

After a difficult challenge of blood, sweat and tears Howard finally gained his privilege to be Kates father and Margarets husband.

He was a businessman in Manhattan. Her mom fell in love at first sight when she saw who she works for at one company. Howard on the other hand being impressed by her beauty and her intelligence couldn't hide the fact that he was falling for her.

And just like two people falling in love they got married. Of course being blessed by Kate herself. She never saw her mom being that happy around people before she met Howard.

"Kate dear. I see you decided to come." Margaret said as he saw her daughter walked in the plane. "James plays for munchen now I'm pretty sure chances we're going to bump to each other are zero to none." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm glad you made up your mind. Stop being so paranoid for once. Howard is nice enough to get us a pent house at one of his hotels. Isn't that wonderful?" Margaret smiled. "Never been better."

James Rodriguez woke up from his slumber to have seen that they have almost landed in Columbia

James Rodriguez woke up from his slumber to have seen that they have almost landed in Columbia. "Mr Rodriguez." His personal manager Luke said walking up to him. "Yes what is it?"

"You are invited the Elswood charity event."

"Ah? Clarions? I suppose Neymar will also be there. Do we have time on my schedule?" James asked causing Luke to shake his head. "No I'm afraid but I'll tell you when we had a change of schedule."

"The national team is waiting for you sir. I wish you the best of luck. And welcome home." Luke said smiling.

"Well it is certainly good to be back."

To be continued