The Survivors | Taekook [✔]

By Consplody

"No one has ever gotten out. What makes you think this will be different?" "Just trust me, will you?" Complet... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
21.5
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
36.5
37
38

14

1.1K 76 79
By Consplody

[a/n: Hey so did you enjoy the cliff-hanger? >:) Anyway, this chapter happens fast so be ready. Sorry that it seems rushed. Hope you enjoy!]

Taehyung and Jungkook awoke in a dark room.

"Where...am I?" Jungkook asked quietly.

"Oh, you're awake. How nice."

Jungkook recognized the voice of the man who'd come to the door earlier.

"What do you want?" Taehyung snapped.

"What do I want? I want you to need my help. Therefore, I've come up with a genius plan. So here's how the news report will go; 'because of a freak accident, the two survivors who are our symbol of hope were stranded in the middle of the apocalypse once again. But the brave actions of mister Bon-Hwa has brought them back to us.' What do you think?"

"I think you suck and I hate you," Taehyung spat.

"Well, you're going to love me when I get you out of there. I'm putting you back for three days, maybe four. What do you think? Longer? Hm, maybe. Five it is."

Jungkook squinted into the darkness as his vision adjusted, then he noticed the floor was vibrating and there was a humming noise coming from all around.

"Are we in a car or something?" He asked.

"Actually, yes. We are heading there now," Bon-Hwa explained.

"What?!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Yes, and when we arrive, that poor Namjoon fool won't be able to save you this time."

"Who says?" Jungkook sassed.

"Oh, you poor, ignorant child. He doesn't know where you are. No one does."

Suddenly, the car skidded to a halt. A man's voice sounded over a walkie-talkie on Bon-Hwa's belt.

"Sir, it appears they've expanded about a quarter mile down the highway. We can't safely get any closer."

Bon-Hwa sighed.

"Let's drop them here then." He suggested over the walkie-talkie.

"Okay, sir."

The back of the truck opened shortly after and the two were thrown out. Then, after being shoved out nearly directly into the base of the ones without free will, the driver leaned on the horn of the truck before he sped off. Shortly after, the troops came to check out the noise. Taehyung grabbed Jungkook and ducked behind a huge boulder, squeezing as far as he could into the small space. He looked up the mountainside that this highway cut through. He had no clue if he could get to the familiar terrain of the town center again any time soon, much less find his old camp. After about twenty minutes, the troops headed back into the heart of their base.

As soon as they were gone, Taehyung began to make his way up the mountain.

"Where are we going?" Jungkook asked uncertainly.

"To higher ground," Taehyung answered.

They were silent for a moment.

"Hyung, I don't think I can do this again. I don't want to relive the apocalypse. I just... I can't. It was one of the worst times of my entire life. I can't do this again."

"Ssshhhhh, it's ok," Taehyung soothed as Jungkook's voice cracked and faltered, "I'll get us through this, I promise."

"Hyung, I cant!"

Taehyung sat Jungkook down on a rock and gripped his shoulders with both hands.

"Jungkook, you can. You are smart, young, and strong. You will get through this."

"Hyung-"

"Have I ever lied to you?" Taehyung asked, intensely staring into Jungkook's eyes.

"N-no..."

"And I'm not starting now," The older assured him, "We will get through this. Together."

With that, Taehyung lifted Jungkook off the rock again and resumed his journey to higher ground.

***

When they finally reached the top of the mountain, Taehyung stood tall and looked around. He'd never been all the way to the top of this mountain before, and it was possible to see everything from here. He could see the base which surrounded them from below, the town center, the forest his old camp was in, and if he looked a good ways down the highway, he could even see the dot of Namjoon's mansion on the horizon. Jungkook followed his gaze.

"Home," He said softly, "It looks so close... like I could almost touch it. But it's just out of reach." He added.

Taehyung nodded and sat down.

"Five more days. Five days, he said. We can do five more days," The older said, as if to convince himself as much as Jungkook.

Jungkook gave Taehyung a hug.

"Yes, I believe so. I trust you."

Taehyung smiled. Just then, the sound of footsteps stirring up the dead leaves reached their ears. There was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, on this exposed mountain ridge.

"H-hyung, I'm scared..." Jungkook whispered.

Taehung closed his eyes and swallowed hard. This was it. This was the end. He looked down at Jungkook with glassy eyes and stroked his hair.

"Sshhh, it's ok, Jungkook. It'll all be over soon."

"No! Please don't give up, hyung. We have to find a way out," Jungkook was whispering by now, the footsteps grew nearer.

"Jungkook, we're surrounded."

"There must be something we can do," Jungkook pleaded quietly.

"There is one thing," Taehyung said quietly, looking at Jungkook.

"What?" The younger asked.

Taehyung set Jungkook down behind a large rock.

"I'll tell them I came alone. Jungkook, promise me you won't try anything. Stay quiet and get yourself out when they leave. Do it for me."

Jungkook's jaw dropped and tears lined the bottom of his eyes.

"This is my last wish Jungkook. That you are safe. That you live on. I promise you one of our family members will find you and bring you home. You'll forget about me eventually, and when you do, it won't hurt you anymore. Jungkook, I love you. Please hold on. Please heal. Live your life to the fullest. Do it for me."

"Hyung, no! What happened to together?! I need you!"

Taehyung gently touched Jungkook's chin.

"You will not be alone. I will always be with you."

Tears were streaming down Taehyung's face as he turned away and returned to the middle of the clearing. The footsteps came closer and a shadow appeared at the edge of the trees. Taehyung readied himself to be taken away by those sickeningly white hazmat suits and to be turned into one of them. To get his will stolen. He waited for it.

When Taehyung looked up, however, he saw not one without free will, but a very familiar face. Yoongi.

***

"Yoongi! What are you doing here?" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Rescuing you, duh. Now shut up or we'll get caught. Where's Jungkook?"

Taehyung quickly slipped back behind the rock, to see Jungkook laying there in shock. It was obvious that he'd heard everything. 

"Yoongi? How did you find us?" He asked as Taehyung lifted him up.

"Your overprotective eomma Jin put a tracker on you," He explained.

Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Well, I'm actually glad he did." He admitted.

Yoongi nodded, then rushed them downhill.

"Come on, let's get out of here." 

They made their way to the van and hopped in. The whole group was there in the minivan. Jin driving, Yoongi in the passenger's seat, Namjoon in between Jimin and Hoseok in the far back, giving Jungkook and Taehyung the middle row. The ride was silent and tense until they got off the highway. Then, everyone started talking at once.

"Are you ok?" Jin asked.

"Did he hurt you?" Namjoon demanded.

"Thank goodness we found you!" Hoseok piped up.

"We were so worried!" Jimin agreed.

"Okay, everyone. We're fine now," Taehyung said softly.

They arrived home and everyone piled out of the car. They all went inside, but Yoongi lagged behind, waving the two maknaes over. When everyone else had cleared out, he glanced around and then flung himself at them, strangling them in a hug. 

"You flipping scared me to death!" He cried.

Taehyung and Jungkook were both surprised by Yoongi's sudden emotional breakdown.

"Are you ok? I'm going to murder the next person who dares to touch you!"

"Yoongi, we're going to be fine," Jungkook said quietly.

"Okay," He mumbled, ruffling each of their hair.

He gave them another bear hug before looking at them with a cute gummy smile.

"I'm glad you're back," was all he said afterward, then led the way inside.

[a/n: There was your soft Yoongi. ;) ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 1K 40
❪BTS - 방탄 소년단❫ ❝His dreams come true, so do his 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴.❞ •••• BTS FF A Horror + Mystery + Suspense (au) Highest Ranking: (yet to come)...
109K 6.2K 43
"Trust the apocalypse to push him out of the closet." ----- Taehyung and Jimin are alone. Completely and utterly alone. The first attack hit more tha...
316K 21.7K 34
After a series of unfortunate events, the squad finds themselves at a loss. Efforts seem to be for nothing, but what happens after Taehyung discover...
5.8K 160 10
bangtan and their journey through the infected. ━ bts apocalypse au ! ©everlastgrey trigger warning. DISCONT...