Frenemy; Kyrie Irving {au}

By stargirl_2017

"You fuck my boyfriend, I fuck your brother. Checkmate bitch" **disclaimer: this book is influenced by the tw... More

10¥
11¥
12¥
13¥
14¥
15¥
16¥
17¥
18¥
19¥
20¥
21¥
22¥
23¥
24¥
25¥
26¥
27¥
28¥
29¥
30¥
31¥
32¥
33¥
34¥
35¥
36¥
37¥
38¥
39¥
40¥
41¥
42¥
43¥
44¥
45¥
46¥
47¥
•48•

3.7K 119 2
By stargirl_2017

ix. Regret and Apologies

"I'm leaving." I sighed, grabbing a banana before walking towards the front door.

"Jas'mariee, sit down please." My mom asked.

"I'm going to be late-"

"Sit! Now." My dad said sternly, motioning towards a seat at the breakfast table.

I rolled my eyes and sat down, peeling my banana.

"Now you owe me and your mother an apology for that attitude yesterday."

I scoffed.
"I'm owed an apology. You guys promised me that you'd be around more before the school year started and then look, you guys are gone for two weeks. It's my senior year and I need you guys."

"You're getting to the point where your old enough to understand what we do and what comes with it."

I rolled my eyes. I'd understood perfectly.

"Sigue rodando esos ojos y se van a atascar allí." My mom mumbled.

I sighed.
"I need communication. That's all I'm asking for."

"And I apologize for earlier this month. It was last minute..there were some complications.."

I heard a horn honk outside of my house and my phone buzz.
Ishiboo🤪
"I'm sorry for the attitude yesterday but I have to go. Ayesha is outside waiting for me."

"Jas-"

"I'm going to be late daddy." I kissed his cheek and my moms before rushing out of the house.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"You what!?" Ayesha whisper-yelled, as me, her, and Hazel sat together in the cafeteria.

I shrugged and bit into my apple.
"I can't do it. My temper is short, he's an asshole. That's like an equation for a nuclear bomb to go off."

"Girl. You've already told Asia that you'd fuck him. You told Klay that you'd move on with him and did you see their reactions! Almost as sad as yours was. I say stick with it."

Ayesha nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, plus, you seem like you could use a distraction."

I rolled my eyes, looking across the cafeteria to see Kyrie..looking back at me. I quickly looked away, knowing that he was smirking behind me.
"It's to late. He already agreed to do separate papers."

"Then ask him to forgive you and become partners again." Hazel said nonchalantly as if it was an easy thing to do.

"I'll think about it." I shrugged yet again.

"What's up ladies! Grumpy lady." Draymond said, sitting down next to us and referring to me as 'grumpy'.

I stuck my tongue out at him before taking another bite of my apple as Steph sat down.
"What's up Haz. Jas. And hello to you beautiful." He smiled, kissing Ayesha.

She smiled and blushed, quickly pulling away. She hated public PDA with Steph, she was so adorable.

Steph turned to me.
"By the way. Klay and Asia are on their way in."

I nodded and threw my stuff away.
"That's my cue. Bye guys."

They all said a quick bye as I grabbed my stuff and headed to the library, avoiding those two bitches.

————————

After a couple days of not having Kyrie to help me on the paper, I realized how much I struggled with this stupid Hamlet paper. As much as I hated to admit it but I needed him. I had gotten to school early today purposely because I had loads of work to catch up on. With my mental state being the way that it had been recently, I couldn't even focus on school work, it was like my brain had been fried.
I walked down the main hallway to LeBron's locker, happy to see that he wasn't with Kyrie and the rest of their crew. I knew I could rely on LeBron for homework answers if I didn't do them, He was kind enough to help me out.

He gave me a small smile as he saw me walking towards him.
"Jas'mariee! To what do I owe this pleasure?"

I smiled back and clutched my book bag.
"Did you finish Ms. Sanders worksheet?" I asked, stressed out.
AP Macro was no joke, a girl was struggling in that class.

He nodded and chuckled, noticing my very stressed demeanor.
"Yeah. Calm down. It's just homework."

"Sorry. I'm also worried about this paper for Mr. Kazinsky-"

"I thought Kyrie was helping you with that. He kind of mentioned to everyone that you guys were partners, I'm surprised you guys haven't killed each other yet." He joked.

"I...I may have said that I didn't need his help."

LeBron paused and looked down at me.
"Well that was dumb."

"LeBron!" I whined, already knowing that I made a mistake.

"Well it was dumb." He chuckled, handing me the worksheet.

"I know..but he was acting like an asshole-"

"Kyrie always acts like an asshole. You kind of have to see past it to tolerate him. Trust me." He said, closing his locker.

I pouted, taking a quick picture of his assignment.
"Thanks." I mumbled. "I just need help choosing a new topic."

"I say just ask Kyrie to take you back as a partner and hope he says yes. He's one of few people that actually understand what Mr. Kasinsky wants, in terms of literature essays."

Before I could respond, I saw Savannah wrap her arms around him and get on her tip toes to kiss him. Me and Savannah were friends but we weren't close. We had two different circles of friends and we rarely had classes together, but whenever I did see her she was really sweet. Aside from when me and Klay were together. her and LeBron were the 'It' couple of our school.

"The height difference between you two is adorable." I smiled.

She smiled and hugged me.
"Hey Jas."

"Hey Sav."

"Guess what she did?" He said, wrapping his arms around Savannah.

"What?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"She lashed out at Kyrie and now she has to do Mr. Kazinsky's paper by herself."

Savannah's eyes widened.
"Girl! You have to apologize. That's a big paper. Even I couldn't do that by myself."

I sighed.
"I do have to apologize.."

"Actually there he is. Now go girl!" Savannah encouraged, nodding towards Kyrie, Kevin, and Tristan who were walking down the hallway together.

"Yo! Kyrie!" He yelled, grabbing Kyrie's attention.

Kyrie and the rest of his 'crew' walked over. Kyrie slightly glaring at me before turning to LeBron.
"What's up Bron?"

"Someone has something they would like to say to you."

I bit my lip and sighed as all eyes diverted to me.
"I was wondering if you could be my partner again on Kasinsky's paper."

"Why would you want to be partners with such an 'asshole'?"

"I'm..I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

"And..."

"And you're not an asshole.." I mumbled.

"And..."

Kevin and Tristan chuckled behind Kyrie as my cheeks became red.
"Kyrie!"

"Come on." He said, crossing his arms and smirking.

"You're really smart, maybe smarter than me. I need you for this paper..I can't do it by myself.."

"I appreciate you finally admitting the truth to yourself, that you need me Lopez." He nodded, with a winning look on his face.

I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.
"So..are we going to finish the project?"

"Well, you are."

I rolled my eyes and glared at him, squeezing my knuckles to calm myself down.

"I'm just kidding! Put the baby fists away. I'll be at yours by 3." He chuckled, causing the rest of his crew to laugh.

I sighed and forced a smile on my face.
"Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.9K 22
"Stephen!" Mr. Arruzo yelled. He sighed and looked towards us, "You two better get along, you two will be with each other for the next eight weeks." ...
5.5M 210K 139
Cassie + Saint = Basketball 🏀? (Yeah...I'm not good at descriptions so just read and find out...😉) also I'm splitting this book into two parts. Y'a...
25K 744 29
I quickly rushed over with my hands ready to catch Yesha the same time as they stepped back, when she dropped in my hand I gave her a smile. "Thanks...
99.7K 1.5K 41
Find new love where you couldn't (Warning I wrote this at 13 years old lol, I can for sure say that my writing has improved lol... Don't say I didn't...