Possession [H.S] ✓

By PunkiePie

[Completed: ✓] [Book One in the Possessive Series.] In my world people like me die almost every day. We human... More

Before You Read...
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen*
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen*
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four*
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight*
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
Sequel Information & Thanks

Chapter Thirty

13.6K 372 98
By PunkiePie

Harry.

"What do you mean you sent her away?" Liam asked, his expression confused as he stared at me. We were all in his office after I had called them all, and told them to meet there. This was the place we always went to when we needed to have a serious conversation.

I exhaled slowly. "I sent her away. It was the only thing I could do. This, that," I growled slightly to myself, and shook my head before continuing. "Damaris is getting on my last nerve, and he sent her a note that says he's going to take her away from an artificial bastard."

Louis wrinkled his nose. "You know, I've never liked that nickname, no matter how right the terminology is."

I rolled my eyes. "Louis, that is the not the issue we're discussing right now!" I snapped at him.

"Who did you send her away with? Because it seems to me that the only people you can trust with her are in this room, and none of us are with her," Liam spoke up, obviously annoyed by the aggravation I was feeling.

"I sent her away with Justin," I responded, carefully.

"Justin? Isn't he one of those humans you picked up from a village in the states a few years ago?" Niall asked, and cocked his head. "You changed him a couple years ago, and you told us never to speak of it."

I let out a long breath, and nodded. "Yes, that's him," I said, faintly wary of their reactions. I knew I would have to tell them the whole story. "And I trust that boy with my life." It was funny to hear myself say the word trust without so much as flinching. Maybe I did trust a few people, and just didn't realize it.

Zayn scoffed slightly, and pushed himself away from the wall. "You trust him with your life? You don't trust anyone, Harry. You've made that abundantly clear to everyone that you trust no one."

I stared at him for a moment, long and heard, before exhaling. His statement was right, but a lot has changed since I last said that. "I've had a wake up call," I said, and scratched the back of my neck. "Besides, if I didn't trust you four then I wouldn't be here right now. I need your help."

"Before you get into all of that," Louis began, and stood up from his seat in the chair he had been sitting in. "I want to know about this Justin person, and why you trust him with your blood servant, whom is the only one that you can have in this entire world."

"You can't trust just anyone with her, mate. If she dies then you'll follow soon after," Liam stated, and he looked slightly pained at the thought.

"Her blood is just too precious for you to give away like that," Zayn added with a faintly sinister look.

I growled slightly, and looked at him. "That is not the only reason I should want to lock her away," I hissed to him. "She's important to me."

"Oh really?" He asked, and raised an eyebrow. "Do you love her? Are you falling in love with a stupid, pathetic, human?"

I hissed lowly, and walked up to him. He didn't flinch, but I could I knew by the way that his body language tensed that he was slightly afraid of me. "Don't talk about her like that, mate. She isn't stupid, nor pathetic."

He laughed despite the tense situation he was getting himself into, and covered his mouth with his hand to stifle it. "You are. You love her. You're in love with a bloody human!"

I couldn't stand it anymore, I grabbed him by the collar and threw him to the opposite wall. He made a small dent, and I heard a sigh from Liam.

"Harry, do you know how much crap I'm going to get from Leigha for that? She hates when you put holes in our walls," He said, and let out a faint frown of annoyance.

"I don't give a shit about what Leigha thinks about the damn hole. I'll have someone repair it," I said and glared at the wall.

"That's not the point," Liam said, and sighed before rolling his eyes then sitting down in the chair.

"Harry, I think you need to tell us the full story about Justin. If you want us to help you find this Damaris character then you have to tell us why you trust Justin, it's an even trade," Louis spoke up and turned his attention toward me.

I grunted slightly. "This isn't a time for story time, lads."

"You said that Layla was perfectly safe with Justin, so I assume that means you have time to fill us in on this information," Louis responded, and smirked slightly.

I slowly sat down on the couch, and sighed. "Fine. I'll tell you about him, but none of this is suppose to leave this room. I mean it."

**Flashback**

"Keep her in there until I say otherwise," I said, and rubbed my temples as I heard Serena's screams from the other side of the door. She was annoying me to no end at this point, and she was very lucky I couldn't kill her without subsequently killing myself later on. "And don't let anyone in there," I added.

"Yes, sir," A guard from behind me spoke up, and stood in front of the door. 

I walked away from him, and down one of the long forgotten streets of this human settlement. We were on the search for humans that had come of age, and could be sold in our auctions because we were in need of fresh blood. The supplies of humans were growing smaller, and it was getting to the point where I was about to order that every female that was able to would be forced to procreate with any male available to increase the numbers. It would take time, of course, but the human race on each of the Isles would gradually rise, and everything would be alright.

However, because I didn't want to do anything that drastic, I came here to the discarded rural areas of the USA to gather the young females and males that would be useful. Though, I didn't plan on separating families that way, I would only take the humans that didn't appear to have any ties to anyone. Besides, I would be doing them a favor with how horrible the areas around me were. It was bloody dreadful and depressing here.

I could hear screams and yells of distress, but didn't bother paying much attention, I couldn't focus on them because there wasn't anything that I could do to help. If I tried to help one it would only escalate to more than one, and soon I'd have to help this entire population. That wasn't my current mission.

A certain mixture of screams from the same area caught my attention, and I frowned slightly as I cocked my head to hear the sounds more clearly. It appeared to be a group of adults arguing, and the sounds of a couple children crying out of fear. I used my vampire speed to run toward the noises, and I came to a small house that was nearly falling into itself, then walked straight in.

"I don't care how you fucking get my money! Just get it before I take your wife, and use her as my payment," A vampire spat toward a human man that appeared to be in his late thirties, but he could've been younger. It was only a guess and his appearance could be deceiving due to his lack of food.

"No, please! Just take whatever you want. Leave my wife," The man cried toward the vampire, and protectively stood in front of his wife.

"So you wouldn't care if I took those children you have stored in the other room?" The vampire asked with a cruel smile, one that made my stomach twist in anger.

They had yet to notice me, and I decided to stand in the background until I felt the need to step in. I was curious to see how this interaction would go.

"No, take them! Just leave my wife at peace," The human said, and tears ran down his face. His wife nodded in agreement with what her husband said.

I balled my hands into fists, and I suddenly didn't want to go unnoticed. I wanted them to notice me, to fear me even. "How old are your children?" I sternly asked, and crossed my arms.

Everyone turned to look at me, and the vampire gasped as he recognized me. "Lord Harry!" He said, and bowed to me. "I was just collecting my payment from-,"

I rolled my eyes and waved my hand to cut him off. I didn't want to hear his excuses. "I don't care why you're here. I was talking to the human," I said, and looked at the couple. "How old are your children?" I repeated. Maybe they were old enough to take back with me, and this trip to the remains of the US wouldn't have been for nothing.

The female gulped slightly. "Justin is six, and Layla is almost two," She responded softly.

My eyes turned red. "You would trade your young children over to die rather than yourselves? What kind of selfish people are you?" I growled at them. My mum's words from my human life echoed in my mind, and it only fueled my anger.

Children are the greatest blessing in the world, Harry, and anyone who treats there's as if they are nothing aren't the kind of people that deserve to have them. Some people cannot have children, and it disgusts me to see people treat their own like a nuisance.

"It isn't just us that has decided this, Lord Styles. Our neighbor across the street has traded his sixteen year old daughter over to a Vampire Pimp in order to get food for he and his pregnant wife," The human man snapped at me, and I growled. Humans like this, full of their own egos, make me sometimes wish that humans were extinct.

"It's the religion that's taught around here, sir. You're suppose to love your spouse more than your children, and only think of each other. You can have a million more children, but you can't make another husband or wife," The woman whispered, and her gray eyes were wide with fear.

"Your children are the greatest treasure of all, you should want to protect them at all costs," I lowly said, and clenched my jaw. "And your children are young, very young."

"Take them if you want, it's two less mouths to feed," The human said, and continued to keep his wife hidden behind him.

"This kind of religion will be the death of your kind in this area," I said, and pulled out my phone, dialing a number without really looking at it.

"Tomlinson," Louis answered, in his business like tone.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, and focus on the area in front of me. "Louis, I need you to put word out to all my guards, and tell them to make sure each and every child is safe. Tell them to ask the parents a few questions about their children's food and health and such, and if they don't care for them have them killed and the children taken back with me," I said, and I felt the monster inside of me grin at the way the couple in front of me cringed and backed into a corner.

"Mate, are you alright? Doesn't that seem a bit extreme?" He asked me carefully.

I shook my head despite that he couldn't see. "No, it's quite plausible if you've seen what I've been through in the past few moments," I said.

He sighed. "Fine, but if any innocents are harmed, Harry, I will have your head," He said, and hung up the phone.

I turned to the vampire that was carefully accessing my every movement. "Do with these two as you want, preferably kill them for the debt they own you, but it'll up to you," I said, and ignored the couple that was nearly starting to plead for their lives, and turned my back to them, then walked toward the door in the back of the room. The screams of the adults echoed through the room, pained screams that showed they were getting what was coming to them, and I waited for the noise to quiet down before I opened the door.

I took a deep unneeded breath as I slowly wrapped my fingers around the door knob and twisted it open. Inside I saw a young boy, and a very weak one at that, huddled into the corner holding a smaller child with dark hair wrapped in a blanket. Both seemed so small from lack of food, and somehow I knew that the boy had been giving most, if not all, of his food to the little girl, which was why he seemed to be a bit more frail.

"Who are you?" The younger boy whispered as he looked at me. His voice was hoarse, and his lips were pale from lack of the right nutrients.

I walked closer, and knelt down to him with a faint smile appearing on my lips. I hoped that I could comfort him in some way. "My name is Harry, and you must be Justin."

"How do you know my name?" He asked, and clutched the little girl closer to him. She was shaking, and fainty crying, but was obviously trying to be quiet.

I slowly lifted my hand, and rested it on her back, my smile grew a bit wider as I saw her relaxing at my touch. She turned away from her brother, and looked at me with large gray eyes, beautiful gray eyes. "Your mum told me, and she wanted me to take you somewhere safe."

Justin looked at me, and frowned before shaking his head. "No she didn't. She told you to come in here, and hurt us, just so that she and my dad won't get hurt." He was braver and more intelligent than I had first thought. "Just let Layla go, and hurt me."

I shook my head. "She didn't tell me to take you somewhere safe, but she did tell me your name, and I want to take you somewhere."

"Where?" He asked, and looked down at his sister. "Will you take Layla too? She needs it more than me."

"We're going to go to the main Vampire Isle." I smiled lightly and nodded. "And yes, she's going to come too."

**End of Flashback**

"So the reason you told me to tell every single guard to kill innocent people, is all because you found a couple that was willing to kill their children to survive?" Louis asked, and his eyes flashed red.

I shook my head. "No, these people weren't innocent, Louis. If you're willing to kill your own children to save yourself you don't deserve to have them."

"Then why not just take them away from their parents, and leave them to suffer?" He raised his voice, and stood up.

I let out a long breath, and shook my head again. "They don't deserve to live if you want to hurt your own children, and besides, it turned out for the best because that little girl was Layla."

"Did you even know it was her when you bought her at the auction?" Liam asked, clearly interested.

I shook my head for the third time. "No, I didn't even hear her name, I just tasted her blood and was able to keep it down. That was the only thing that matter, but the more I thought about it...the more I realized it was her. And Justin had told me his sister was in the auction this year."

"And he was okay with you buying his sister?" Niall asked, and raised his eyebrows. 

"Something tells me you've been doing more to her than just drinking her blood as well," Zayn said with a faint smirk.

I let out a long breath, and rolled my eyes. "He wanted me to keep her safe, and it's none of your business if we were doing something more than that, Zayn," I snapped at him. 

"You aren't denying it, mate," He said smugly.

"That's neither here nor there," I warned him, and clenched my jaw slightly. "Anyway, Justin was fine with me having his sister as my blood servant, especially after I told him about my, erm, diet issues," I said, a bit awkwardly.

"Diet issues?" Niall said with a humored snicker, but he was ignored. His humor was something that I could never exactly understand, though then again, I wasn't exactly the one that liked to laugh in the group.

"So he didn't know about that issue until just recently?" Liam asked, trying to steer the conversation in another direction.

"He didn't know about it until I told him a coupe hours after I bought Layla at the auction, no one outside of you all knew about it up until a few years ago," I said, and glanced up at the ceiling. "And that guard was taken care of straight away, because I told everyone that they shouldn't listen in on me when I didn't want them to, especially when it's during my feedings." 

"This just gives you an ever greater reason to hide her, and I'm surprised you didn't do it earlier," Louis said, and sighed quietly before he ran his fingers through his hair. "Harry, nearly every lamia vampire out there would love to see that innocent girl killed, and you were just letting her out in the open. Of course this Damaris lad would be able to communicate with her in all these different ways." He picked up Layla's journal, that I had grabbed from the floor shortly before leaving her bedroom, and began to thumb through it.

"I didn't want to control her like that, it wasn't right of me to take away her freedom," I said, and sighed before shaking my head. "Yeah, I know, I'm stupid for handling the situation like this, I know." I shook my head again.

"He obviously cares for her, that much is evident, but he has a really strange way of going about it," Louis mused, and shook his head before shutting the book, then mumbling something about not wanting to read anymore of Layla's private thoughts.

I wish I could say the same, I've already read the entire damn book because I couldn't stop myself. I had to read exactly what he said, and why he said it.

"I'm literally at my wit's end, lads. I need help, and I need to get him out of the way so that no one threatens her anymore," I whispered, and clenched my jaw slightly.

"You sound too sappy to be the Harry we all know and tolerate," Zayn said with a laugh, and sat down near me.

I glared at the thought, and didn't say anything in response. I've learned that when it comes to dealing with Zayn's crude humor it was better to just ignore him. It was easier than almost ripping his head off or throwing him through a window. Liam probably wouldn't like it either as he's already spoke about Leigha's distaste toward replacing everything.

"You know, Harry, if you hurt him she'll probably dislike you a lot more than she probably does right now," Niall said, and frowned. My chest ached because I knew he was right, and because he somehow has a connection with Layla that I'll never have.

"He's a threat to her. He was the one that cut her palm open in the woods when they went to the beach, he broke into my home and left her a note saying that he's going to take her away from me, and he wrote in her journal. Right now, what Layla thinks is the last thing I want to care about," I said, and balled my hands into fists.

"You must take her thoughts and wishes into consideration, Harry. We know you only want what's best for her, and to protect her, but do you want her to be miserable and afraid of you every waking moment?" Niall said, trying to reason with me.

"No, I don't, but I'd rather that then her being dead or taken away from me. She's important to me, and not just because of her blood or even her body. There's something about that fucking girl that's under my skin, and I can't stand it anymore," I said, and my hands balled tighter into fists. 

"You do love her," Zayn remarked, and his upper lip curled up slightly. "You love a stupid, pathetic, mortal girl."

I hissed and I could feel my eyes heat to the point where they were almost burning out of my skull. "I told you not to call her that, you bloody fool," I said through my teeth.

"And I told you that you're an idiot for even thinking that a human girl could ever care for you. You're a monster, Harry, we all are, and nothing will ever change that," He responded, and I couldn't stop myself from lunging at him. My hands wrapped around his neck, and I wanted to break it, but before I got much of a chance the others grabbed me off of him.

"Harry! You fucking dick, I told you that Leigha gets pissed off at me when you or anyone else wrecks our things," Liam growled, and shoved me back toward the corner of the room near the area I had smashed Zayn into the wall a few moments before.

I ignored him for the time being, and looked at Zayn, whom was standing and standing smugly at me despite the fact that I had almost killed him. "Watch your back, mate, because not all of us are monsters, not all of us had a choice to become this, and not all of us choose to be a monster," I spat at him, and looked toward the rest of the them. "Are you all going to help me, or not?"

"Harry," Louis began, but I cut him off with a faint growl.

"Are you all going to help me, or not?" I repeated, and balled my hands into fists as they all stayed silent, and looked at me with conflicted expressions. I shook my head, and punched hand through the wall despite knowing that it would only annoy Liam more. "This is why the only two people that I trust in this entire world are the two people that I'll probably never see again. None of you are worthy enough to be a Lord," I spat at them, and left the room, slamming the door behind me to the point where it snapped through the hinges.

Layla.

My ears were the first thing to get their sense back, and I heard the sound of wheels rolling on a long gravel road. The next that came back was my sense of smell, and I could smell a faint odor of cologne that made my stomach heave a bit; I hated the smell of a strong cologne. Then came the sense that made me feel as if a million weights were suddenly coming off of me one by one, leaving my brain to feel as if someone had been bashing my head against something very hard. The last to come back was my sight, and when I open my eyes I realized that I was in a car that was speeding down a long road.

"Ouch," I mumbled, and held my head. I tried to remember what happened, and why I was here, but everything was drawing to a blank. Was Harry taking me somewhere? I quickly looked to my left and saw a very unfamiliar face that made me gasp faintly in surprise. "W-Who are you?" I quickly asked, and tried to feel for the latch on the door. Harry had told me before that he thought I was stupid enough to jump out of a moving car, and he as completely right.

The unknown male glanced at me, and frowned. "You really don't remember me, do you Layla?"

I frowned back at him, and squeezed the latch, but it didn't open. My stomach sank slightly. "No. Am I suppose to?"

"Your door doesn't open from the inside, sorry about that, Harry told me it would probably be necessary with you." His lip twitched with humor, before the deep frown set back in. "No, I guess not, actually. You've not seen me for a very long time, and even then we were both young."

I stared at him, and tried to figure out what he was talking about. He had been young before? Obviously, I could tell he was a vampire, Harry wouldn't have trusted a human to look out for me. "Are you one of the lamia?" I asked, and bit my lip. Why would Harry trust me with a lamia when they all hate him?

He wrinkled his nose, and shook my head. "Gross, no, why would I want to be one of those pure breeds that think they're better than everyone else?" He asked, a faint hint of disgust in his tone.

"You said you knew me when we were little, and I just, I don't know. I just thought that meant you were a lamia," I said, and shook my head.

He bit the inside of his cheek, I could tell by the way the right side had slightly sunk into his mouth. "Layla, I, we were, I am," He couldn't seem to get the words out that he wanted, and sighed.

I stared at him for a moment, and tried to study his side profile. He had dirty blonde hair just like mine, but a slightly darker, and his eyes were a deep brown, but strangely the color seemed off, almost as if it weren't his real color. "Who are you?" I asked him, and bit my lip again. "And how do you know Harry?"

"My name is Justin, and I know Harry because he changed me into a vampire a couple years ago, and he practically raised me since I was six, and you were almost two," He softly said and sighed. "Please don't ask anymore questions right now, we're almost at the safe house and then you can ask me all that you want."

His name spiked my interest, and I suddenly remembered Harry saying that name over the phone.

I padded closer to the door and squinted my eyes through the tiny crack that the door was open. I saw that back of Harry's head, and he appeared to be on the phone, staring at a screen in front of him.

I thought he didn't watch TV?

"No, God damn it, I need it done today," He hissed into the phone and I could see his back muscles tensing as he spoke.

I held my breath and stayed as still as possible. For some reason I didn't want him to know that I was over hearing this conversation.

"Fine, fuck it. Just get it done tomorrow." His tone was brisk and business like, and I briefly wondered if he was having some type of building built on one of the Isles. "She's starting to ask questions."

I blinked and my posture tensed slightly. Was he talking about me?

"Yes," Harry responded the person on the phone, and I wondered if he was also somehow responding to my thoughts. "I haven't told her anything, you know I can't. It's not safe for her, and I don't want her feeling like someone is breathing down her neck at all costs."

I resisted the urge to sigh at his words. Too late for that, I thought to myself with a faint eye roll. Now I knew he was definitely talking about me.

"If you want to see her then you should have just talked to her right in the village. Don't blame me for your fuck ups, Justin." Justin? Who was that? Harry had never mentioned a Justin to me before. "Yeah, yeah. You can't keep avoiding her, you know. She deserves to know about you."

A cold chill ran down my spine and my fingers tightened around my dead iPad. This conversation didn't feel right to me, and I felt as if I were stepping over so many invisible lines.

He sighed. "She'll want to see you, after she knows who you are." He paused for a moment to listen to the voice on the other end of the phone. "No, I'm not going to tell her. It's not my place."

I had to be stepping over my boundaries now, I just knew I had to be. How could I not be? I was listening to this clearly private conversation. I bit my lip and slowly began to back away from the door, because I was suddenly nervous. He could hear me at any time, and I honestly didn't want to know what he'd do to me if he caught me.

"You should be the one to tell her about all of this. You're her,-" Harry's voice suddenly cut off after he heard the sharp noise of my iPad hitting the carpet floor.

I gasped slightly as I looked at him. "I, I remember over hearing Harry talking to you on the phone. He said that you were my..." I trailed off, unable to finish my sentence because I wasn't sure how. Harry hadn't completed the sentence before I dropped my iPad to the floor.

"I'm your what?" Justin asked, suddenly interested in what I had to say. "What did he say to you exactly?"

I frowned. "He didn't say anything to me, he didn't get to finish speaking to you because I dropped something...and I didn't want him to know I was ease-dropping on your conversation," I said, and bit my lip. "Who are you?" I whispered.

"I'll explain later, I promise that I will, it's just, this situation needs to be handled delicately."

"Delicate? What exactly is delicate about it?" I looked out the window, and it suddenly sunk in that we were traveling toward an unknown place and Harry was no where to be seen. "Where are we going? Where's Harry? I can't remember...what happened." I frowned, and tried to remember what had happened, but my mind was drawing a blank.

"We're going to a safe house that I have set up a few hours away from Harry's house, it's on almost the opposite side of the Isle, but in a very dense forest. If you didn't know your way through it, you'd never get out of there alive," Justin said, and sighed before glancing at me from the corner of his eye. "Harry's out looking for someone that's a threat to you. And it's delicate because it'll open some old wounds for one, ones that I really wish didn't need to be opened, but will have to be. You were never suppose to know about any of this Layla."

"Then why are you going to tell me any of it?" I quietly asked him, as some distant memories were flooding through my mind, but I wasn't sure if they were memories exactly. They almost felt like dreams.

"Because I want you to trust me, and, and because above all you deserve to know the truth. It isn't fair for you to know the lie about what happened, just please don't be angry with me about it," He quietly begged me, glancing over at me out of the corner of his eye as he continued to drive down the long road. 

I stared forward and I began to see a few trees nearing the car, then I bit my lip out of habit. That must be the very dense forest, I thought to myself, and slowly exhaled. "I'll see what I can do after you tell me, I guess," I mumbled, and closed my eyes, shifting in my seat.

My eyes opened again as I noticed something on my lap, and I frowned as I saw it was a bag from my bedroom. I peaked inside to find that it had a tank top inside, my sweat pants, and a pair of those god-awful underwear that Harry had bought me. I wrinkled my nose, and shoved the bag down between my feet on the floor. I didn't want to look at them right now.

Neither Justin or I spoke for the next few moments, and the silence was nearly suffocating to me. I was so confused. Why did he act so comfortable around me, and why did he act like he knew me? I had never seen him before, at least not before I'd met Harry.

Harry. His name made me angry, and I wasn't sure why. I tried to remember getting into the car, or even telling Harry goodbye, but I couldn't. It was all just a huge blur, and that was a bit frustrating to say the least. My brain felt hazy, and I briefly wondered if Harry had used his compulsion on me to make me get into the car without a fight.

Suddenly, a shiver ran down my spine as a few memories hit my brain. I remembered seeing that Damaris had written in my journal, and being angry about it. Even now I felt ready to punch through the damn car window to get my frustration out, but I didn't want to cause any alarm with Justin. He already seemed tense about the inevitable conversation we would have about whatever he knew that I didn't.

It annoyed me even more to know that I couldn't remember anything else about what happened. It was a blank, a hazy, vague, blank, and it hurt my head to try to remember. I rubbed my temples carefully with my index and middle fingers, trying to rid myself of the beginning of the throbbing ache.

"Headache?" Justin asked me as we drove into the forest, and within seconds, the car seemed to be engulfed by the trees.

I sighed quietly and nodded as I continued to rub my temples. "Yeah. I can't remember how I got in this car, and it's annoying me," I mumbled, knowing very well that he could hear me just fine.

His hands tightened around the wheel, and his sigh echoed mine. "You're better off just not thinking about it, it'll only piss you off even more than you're most likely going to be," He said, and glanced over at me.

"That's very comforting, and reassuring," I responded sarcastically, and rolled my eyes before I dropped my hands from my head as I knew that it wouldn't help any.

"I'm just telling you the truth, Layla," He said, lips turning down into a frown.

"Yeah, yeah, just focus on driving, Justin, because I really want to know what the hell is going on. My brain is going a mile a minute with all of the possibilities of what it could be," I said, and crossed my arms I leaned back against the seat. I was slightly chilly due to the fact that I was only wearing cotton shorts and a large tee shirt, and my hair was also wet from the show I'd took before I ended up in this van; however the hell I ended up in here anyway.

"Layla, I'm not going to tell you what's going on, I'm going to tell you what you deserve to know."

I frowned, and looked at him. "And I don't deserve to know why you're taking me to this 'safe house'?" I asked, and narrowed my eyes.

Justin's shoulders stiffened before he sighed. He looked so tense it was hard to believe he was able to drive correctly. "No. Harry doesn't want you to know about it if you can't remember it. Just trust me, it's better that way."

I scoffed at his assumption. "Trust you? I don't even know you, Justin, how can I even trust you?" I asked him, through my teeth.

He frowned. "Wait a few more minutes, please, we're almost there."

I gritted my teeth, and looked up at the roof of the car. "Let me out, or tell me what you want to tell me right now."

"I can't, Layla, please, just wait. We're almost there, I promise."

"Then I want proof that Harry trusts you, and I want that proof right now," I lowly spoke through my teeth.

Justin sighed quietly, and closed his eyes for a moment before opening them. His gaze was locked on the road in front of him. "I don't know how to give you that proof, Layla. None of what I can tell you would make sense until I tell you why you should trust me."

"You're irritating me to the point where I wish I had a wooden stake." My gaze went forward, and I glared at the windshield.

"Ouch. That wasn't a very nice thing to say to your big brother, Layla."

A/N:

I hate myself sometimes.

I'm so sorry about the wait, guys, but it wasn't my fault! I had no wifi for the last six days, and I made @_sophjane think I died or something. .__. Haha.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the new update! The next chapter is finished and ready to post, but I want to see how many comments and votes this chapter can get before I update! :D I will update it by tomorrow though, I swear, though if you want it within a couple hours you might wanna vote like crazy. :3

I love you guys, haha. I'm so freaking close to my goal on the reads/comments, so thanks so much for making me smile when I came back on! :D

As I said, new chapter will be up tomorrow if this chapter doesn't get much love within a couple hours, but it will still be posted! :D

Trailer on the sidebar. >>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 2.3K 36
Why is she even still with him? He abuses her. "Why are you with him bex?" "I love him Grayson." "But he hurts you!" "And I still love him." "I hate...
320K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
534 59 25
Two teens find themselves sat next to each other in every class. Even though that hate each other, there might be other intense feelings bubbling ben...
726K 18.3K 41
Christy Jackson, a girl in desperate need for a job, living with her best friend and mooching off her brothers money, finally realizing that she need...