BOOK 4: The Seventeen Heirs S...

By WynnthLnn

Mia Kazzandra Song - Heiress of INNERCIRCLE Empire - is the very loved youngest child of the Song's . Oh yes... More

1: PROMISE
2: JOSHUA HONG
3: BRASH
4: HEAT
6: SPOOK
7: WHO
8: CERTAIN
9: UNDULATE
✍️✍️✍️✍️
10: WIN
11: ESTEEM
12: WEIGHT
13: LAW
14: QUEENLY
15: SONG
16: FREE FALL
17: POLAR
18: MUDDLED
19: VESTIGE
20: NEED YOU
21: SERENE
22: HARMONY
23: DROP - IN
24; WHIM
25: LIBERTY
26: MIST
27: LADIES
28: CARAT EMPIRE
29: Coping
30: DEMON
31: DEPLORE
32: TRIGGER
33: DISTRESS
34: NEMESIS
35: EVOCATION
36: CONNECTION
37: STEALTH
38: CRAMPED
39: DISINTEGRATE
40: STASH
41: TIME
42: SLAIN
43: WRONG
44: SCARE
45: NOT AGAIN
46: DREAD
47: ANOTHER
48: GOING
49: AUSTRALIA
50; DOUBTS
51: TACTIC
52: NIGHT
53: PAWN
54: LIFE
55: WARRIOR
56: CHOOSE
EPILOGUE
THANK YOU MESSAGE 💙💙

5: DESOLATE

4.8K 197 222
By WynnthLnn

Kazzandra woke up from her sleep because of a loud noise. It was annoying the hell out of her. It's barely seven in the morning and she needs sleep!

She ate too much last night, and because of that, she didn't get to sleep early. And no. She refuses to think that it was because of the man on the other side of wall, who was probably lying on a bed with his giant dog.

Joshua Hong is not the reason why I slept late last night. And it wasn't him who made my heart into a mess. It wasn't him.

Yeah . . . as if this denial can make this sleep-deprived headache goes away.

Besides, she doesn't see why she had to think about him last night. What's there to think about him? Joshua Hong's personality is too obvious for her. He's nasty mean with capital M. And she loathes him.

"Damn this insufferable man." Kazzandra muttered as she bolted upright. She doesn't know if Joshua's just doing things purposely to annoy her. If he's provoking her to scream this whole castle down, then she'll show him that he will regret doing that.

Seething in anger, she kicked the sheets down her feet and went to the window. She harshly pulled the curtain off and opened the window. She almost thought it would break down from the way she forced it open. But miraculously, it held on.

And she saw Joshua Hong in his astounded glory. The freaking madman was standing in a three-piece suit right there next to his white Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4! There, in front of her window, in broad daylight.

Holy sh--! Kazzandra cursed inside. It's a very unlady-like and her Mom would berate her if she heard her just now. But she can't help but curse with what she's seeing now.

As much as she wanted to look away from Joshua Hong, she couldn't. His incredible physique was gleaming like silver under the heat of the sun and it was hypnotizing me to look and watch how his now black hair sway everytime the wind blows.

Oh my freaking God!

Kazzandra watched in awe at the beauty in front of her – and she's not talking about the vast land or the sun-kissed hills she can see from her window – but at that scorching hot man.

His vampire-like pale white skin on his neck; and his long legs being hugged by his tight black slacks, the red rope-like choker wrapping his delicate neck and his damn hot black combed up hair.

Kazzandra could almost hear herself groaning in her head. How can he be so perfect like that?

She thought Joshua Hong already looked massive, virile and masculine yesterday. But even with his three-piece suit on . . . this modern vampire-like prince couldn't look more sinful like that, could he? And he even has his hair already dyed in black from red!

Kazzandra resent the idea that he is the most perfectly built guy she have ever seen, considering that as a designer, she meet male models with picture perfect chiseled body in a regular bases and she have brothers who are arrogantly macho – too handsome for their own good.

But it is true. Joshua Hong is a Greek God. The Carat heirs not even disappointing with their visual. And her gay friends would surely go mad about this image she is painting inside her head right now.

She's in that thought when Joshua suddenly stopped buttoning up his sleeves and turned his head towards her window, completely arresting her breath.

His usual unfriendly glare poked her through her consciousness.

What she wanted to do was scream and spit fire on him. But when this kind of image of him is laid in front of her eyes, she doesn't think she'd get her words straight out. That's why she shut the window close in a very had manner not even caring about the glass might shatter. She thought she might've broken a few glasses. But instead of checking it, she just closes the curtains.

She walked back to the bed when she heard that annoying sound of his car engine roaring again. Did he really not get her point at almost shattering his window glass?

Ugh! How can she even possibly think that he's thoughtful? That's just believing that frog have wings!

Instead of going back to sleep, she just when to the bathroom. She's sure her clothes are dry by now. But when she went inside, her clothes aren't there anymore.

Oh, no. He did not take my clothes. Joshua did not touch my . . .

Her hand balled into fists. That jerk! She was livid when she was retracing her footsteps back to the room.

How can he take away her clothes like a thief last night? Can't he understand? It has reasons why they are just there. If she wanted him to wash them, she could've just done what he said and put them outside her door, but she didn't do it.

Is that man having his brain working? Maybe he's just good with damn business.

She was about to open the door and spit fire on Joshua when she saw her clothes neatly folded on the table. She picked them up and she could feel her face burning when she picks up the last things and the most important ones for her – her black lacy brassiere and its matching silk underwear.

Joshua Hong touched them . . . With his hands.

Kazzandra took a deep breathe to calm herself and restrain from exploding in irritation. She thought she has to continue her yoga classes from now on. Because one day, she might just explode in pure anger and it's not a good sight to see.

She walked with them inside the bathroom. She knows, maybe she's overreacting a little bit, but she really don't like it when someone stranger touched her most private personal things, like these. She barely knew the man!

Now she doesn't want to wear them anymore. But she can't be walking around without wearing any under garments. Her Mom would be so scandalized!

In the end, she can't do anything. She wore the silk and lace underneath her freshly washed clothes and she never felt so conscious about them until now.

After she took a bath, she immediately went down to the kitchen to look for food.

Well, Kazzandra doesn't expect Joshua to prepare her a breakfast. Why would he? He doesn't even like her being around. So she thought, maybe, she could take a small piece of his bread and jam before she talks to him again.

But she was surprised to see a sandwich on the dining table and with a cup of hot coffee.

Hmm . . . Is this some kind of a trap?

"Stealing food again?" Came a husky voice.

Kazzandra turned around and there, she saw Joshua Hong standing at the kitchen entrance with his hands on his pockets.

Holy crap!

Her eyes were some kind of magnetized to look and stare at his . . . God's entire gift that she didn't catch what everything what he said. It was hard to concentrate when he's there – All alive and in flesh, especially when he's already in front of her and in a meter reach.

But she kept her eyes on his handsome face, so his irritating face would remind her his irritating attitude.

Joshua smirked at her. "Nothing was left from last night that's why that's the only thing I made."

She looked at him with a dry humor all over her face. She doesn't get his sense of humor, if that's what he calls it. Does he intend to make her feel good that he made her breakfast or did he want her to feel bad because she ate all of his beef last night?

Kazzandra didn't mind what Joshua said and picked up a piece of sandwich from the plate. Of course, he's laughing at her because she broke what she said. And he's teasing her. She can't help but to eat even if she had firmly disagreed of eating what he makes last night.

But it's not her fault she has a voracious appetite. And it's not obviously her fault she doesn't want to sit with him at dinner.

Joshua eyes her from head to toe. She tried not to squirm under his gaze, because it's really bothering to be looked by a man wearing such formal clothes with blazing black eyes.

His eyes flashed disapprovingly at the showing midriff below her crop top and she silently curse when blush crept into her cheeks. The last time someone subjected her to an appraisal like that was when she was scouted to be a model. That's five years ago.

But this one she doesn't like. With his way of staring, it's like he doesn't like these kind of clothing being worn by girls. Maybe he prefers the conservative, sweet and silent type. Long sleeves, long skirt, high necked, and that sort.

She looked at herself and her black ripped skinny jeans. Well, he hadn't seen the worst kind. But who cares. It's not like she's dressing up for him.

"I see you've changed." Joshua then said later.

Kazzandra scoffed. "I don't have a plan on wearing your clothes all day long." She said rolling her eyes. And then, she had to look at him again when she saw a hint of amusement shone in his eyes. It actually made his eyes look chinky.

Stupid eyes!

"And if I may say, I don't appreciate you stealing my clothes last night and walking around my room while I'm sleeping."

That chinky eyes became a full blown smile, Even if the sides of his lips were just partially up. And she was snatched, until he opened his filthy mouth again. "Don't worry, Princess. I wasn't paying attention to your snoring."

Her eyes widen at what he said. "I don't snore! And don't call me that!" She hates it when he called her a princess. It sounded so spoiled and bratty to her.

"And can you please change into regular clothes when you're talking to me." Goodness! Her eyes are helpless to him in his sinful suit and choker how much more if he goes naked?!

Oh damn hell and my fetish for man in suits!

He just chuckled and cut it off short before she could hear him clearly. Does it hurt him to smile and laugh more often?

She thought he was going to follow her order, but instead, he removed his coat and let his white inner long sleeve remain.

"Coat removed. Less formal enough?" He said smirking. "Believe me, if I'm stealing anything from you, it won't be your clothes and your . . ." He peeked at her chest and then with his darkening eyes, he traced her face and her lips. "Because I'll be stealing something that you're not willing to give to anyone."

Frisson of fear traveled along her spine from the dangerous note of his voice. He's five steps away from her but she feels like he could reach her so easily if he tried to grab her.

Kazzandra felt like she's being kicked in her chest as Joshua walked towards her and she has to step back and move on the side just to let him pass through her.

But she wasn't fast enough. The soft silk fabric of his long sleeve grazed against her arms-faint yet it almost made her shudder right there and then if she hadn't moved away quickly. His masculine smell drifted to her nose like ambrosia when he reached for a piece of sandwich and for freaking goodness' sake! It's not fair that he has to smell this good after staying under the sun. And it's not fair that she complimented him after he threw her in the storm yesterday!

"How are you feeling?"

Kazzandra was surprised when she heard him speak right next to her. He didn't step away from her. Joshua was just leaning on the kitchen counter next to her while crossing his arms over his chest and chowing down into his sandwich.

His big hand and long fingers was almost covering the entire sandwich she's surprised he was not crushing it. And even of his body is covered under that fabric; the silk long sleeve and his tight slacks still clung to him like a second skin.

She frowned, scolding her own head. She's been thinking of inappropriate things lately.

"It's not hard is it? Being a gentleman, I mean." She said sarcastically while fainting a smile and moving slowly away from him. "Careful. Or I'll start thinking you're concerned."

He just tilted his head angling his strong jaw and munched on his food. "I'm not concerned. I'm just asking you so that you can go. I don't have time to baby sit you."

Kazzandra's eyes squinted as she wondered if he really meant everything that his foul mouth says. Was he just saying that to get her angry so she can leave? Because he was really pushing the right buttons.

She stared at his face that she's been dying to see clearly in the light. With his hair pulled back and standing this close to him felt even more dangerous. His hair was brushed up showing half of his forehead that definitely looked good on him. He has the kind of face that easily pulls a woman close.

Somehow, he reminds her of his own brothers – The Carat Heirs. But he's wordly rougher and . . . colder. And before, when I met his brother, Jeon Wonwoo, when he's still not married to Leanne Aianne, his eyes looked broken, while this man's – Joshua Hong's looked desolated.

Didn't they say that eye is the window of one's soul?

"What's your deal, Joshua Hong? You're not here to isolate yourself, are you?" She suddenly asked.

His jaw clenched and he momentarily stopped chewing his food. His stare became cold and unforgiving. All of his easy vibes were gone.

Did she strike a nerve there?

I certainly did.

She picked up another sandwich to avoid his gaze but she could feel him watching her every move.

Invisible tension seemed to envelope around them. Kazzandra stepped away from him when she suddenly felt uneasy and decided to sit down instead. She shouldn't have said that.

She then looked at him again while biting her sandwich. The jam accidentally grazed the corner of her lips and she absent-mindedly ran her tongue over it as she gauged his face. He wouldn't throw her out of his house, would he?

His eyes narrowed on her mouth and his lips went tightly shut. Joshua suddenly stood straight and his words were as hard as rock with his cold voice. "I already had your car supplied with gas. You can leave now while the sky is clear."

He went out of the kitchen with his coat as she heard his car engine roar and he's off to only God knows where.

Joshua Hong dismissed her just like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.4K 3.3K 24
"Dino-ah, who's baby are you??" "Seokmin-ah, who's pabo are you??" "I loovee you Coups-ah~" "I changed your wallpaper with my picture instead~" All...
8.7K 583 72
Everyone had their happy endings- some with their twin flames, others with their kids that smiled up at them as brightly as the sun. Minghao and Min...
7.1K 200 21
𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐀𝐜𝐡𝐥𝐲𝐬 𝐋ī, 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐧, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧...
430K 12K 58
Like an enigma, her mind is an empty incomplete mess. Lee Jae Kyung wants to unveil the memories her brain had been hiding from her. Eager to chase o...